It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age vs Christianity Conflict Rising?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by nomorecruelty

no we just keep running into each other on threads and your arguements dont change very much and i bet your probably still harping about the "Don piper case" some where else

that is all

lol, no, I'm not harping about Don Piper - he harps enough for his miraculous experience.

I still say it's an incredible account of what God is allowing us to see/hear as the end days pass by.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

New Age vs Christianity Conflict Rising?

In a greater sense, New Age is actually an older age, when people were more in tune with the Earth and those things most dependent upon for survival. Christianity is a relative newcomer to man's effort to find and appreciate his reason for being.

There really needs to be no repeat of ancient Rome or the wars of religion. Only a fraction of Christianity feels threatened and only a small part of New Agers seek to impose themselves on others.

Faith, no matter what its name, depends on followers so... you must understand that there will always be those out to convert you to worship one god or the next. No religion can survive without this... call it, spreading of the gospel.

The challenge in our time is to avoid the mistakes of the past. In this, we should be ready and willing to accept anyone's faith, regardless. If we fail this test... then we become that which has always dogged humanity and given faith itself... of any name, a very bad name.

My god may not be your god... or you may have no god at all! But as humans, we can still live together.

best.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Definitely, the earth is quickly becoming a huge playground for satan. Non-believers, new agers, occultists, even if they don't believe in satan, they are indirectly serving his agenda. We try and wake someone up, or just give them advice and we are labeled as fanatics. All I know is, you reap what you sow.

I used to believe that non believers only claimed this status as a way to try to avoid accountability for their sins - thinking if they kept on denouncing God, they would somehow be exempt from Judgement Day.

And while that may be some of it still, I think today's mankind is just puffed up with too much pride to bow down to anyone, much less their very Creator. But numerous "societies" got too full of pride over the centuries - and looked what happened to them.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
here is a link to a video that talks about a contributing factor of why religions are dying off
this probably give new agers an upper hand because they are not exactly a 'religion'

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Originally posted by Neo__
We're living in a time between ages, conflict is going to occur. The old age is quickly passing away and is composed of those who are strictly idealists. The new age people are about to make those ideals a reality.

Nobody likes the see their structures crystallize and in need of tearing down. It's a stressful time for those who cling to the past. It's human nature to dig in and try to stop progress.

But time marches on and so will we.

Aw, I have to disagr....... eh, I mean 'cause conflict'..........

I think the new agers are trying to change things regarding God, and the Bible - and yep, it will probably appear to be working - just like it appears now that it is becoming a criminal offense to believe in God, and Jesus Christ. The Bible predicts that in the prophecies - and instructs us to hold fast to our faith, and Him.

But it'll all wash out in the end.

All I can do is pray for the 'new agers' and the others who have, or will, choose to reject Jesus Christ. If people thought Star Wars was a blast.........

As noted above by redoubt, "new age", at least from my definition of this phrase, is actually about the rediscovering of the ancient wisdom. Jesus and the Christian religions that followed him did the same thing 2,000 years ago.

And if you think that 'new agers' don't believe in God then you would be wrong. What new agers normally do not believe in, however, is the dogma and doctrine that have been handed down to us by politicians and religious leaders with political agendas. The myths and allegories of the Bible contain great wisdom, if you have the eyes to see and the ears to hear.

Christ taught us to become aware of who we are inside, because this where we're going to find God.
The truth lies within: not in books, not in religions and not in any new age teaching. To find this truth you will need more than simple faith. To find this truth you will need to actually take responsibility for your own life and begin walking the path of self-Awareness which eventually leads to the goal of self-Realization.

Cheers.

Edit to add: I said above that the old age is giving way to the new age and that there those today who are clinging on to the old ways and those today who see the future. This in fact a reality. The Sun, or rather the Vernal Equinox, is quickly regressing backwards through the Zodiac. We now passing from the Age of Pisces into the Age of Aquarius. Christianity is the sign of the fish. It brought much vision and insight into the world but it could not manifest that vision into reality.

The Age of Pisces brought the true mystic into the world, the dreamer of heaven where all one needs is faith. With the Age of Aquarius, however, will come the true magician, for what is magic but the application of the basic laws of nature. Science has shown us wonders that even a hundred years ago we would've thought was completely impossible. Science will eventually prove, beyond all doubt, the existence of the soul. With this will come the confirmation of God. It'll be like manifesting a new heaven on Earth.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The thing is that New Age beliefs are highly individualistic so are more appealing to the masses in the long run. Christianity calls for conformity and converts while pressing people while New Age people really doesn't seek converts at least through intimidation.

There is always a conflict with Christians. Even if all the gays, other religions, abortions, blacks etc were eliminated which unifies the factions they would then turn on each other through their different denominations. Christians love to scrap and have a common enemy. For instance the Baptists here in the south have always called Catholics the church of the Anti-Christ. The Catholics call the Baptists heretics.

[edit on 1/4/10 by toochaos4u]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Science will eventually prove, beyond all doubt, the existence of the soul. With this will come the confirmation of God.
[edit on 1-4-2010 by Neo__]

Are you waiting on Science for evidence of the Soul?

God says His existence is made evident in His creations. In the perfect creation of the earth and the heavens and animals and the human body,....It's not by accident that it functions the way it does!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

I think it's the true Christians that will be the real "rebels" as the world is more about demanding conformity. And the Catholic church is coming into power,which will demand conformity. And the government makes the bible verses equate to "hate-speech".

True Christians will hold to the gospel of Jesus even if it means not taking "the chip" and starving to death! That takes faith and courage,not a spirit of "conformity"!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is nothing new. The "New Age" movement has been the whipping boy for Christians and Muslims for years. While Muslims and Christians go around and blow # up and fight their wars, they make sure to do it while steadily saying "The new age is of the devil?" Yeah, kind of ironic, isn't it?

[edit on 1-4-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

C'mon...people do things in the name of religion that have nothing to do with following Christ!

Man,the worst things sincere Christians do is preach about giving your life to Jesus and being saved!

Because our government goes around fighting wars,don't blame that on Christians! (We don't "wage war as the world does"!)

And anyway,if I didn't believe in God,it wouldn't matter if anyone preached to me or not. I'd probably just humor them,say "No thanks" and be on my way. I would take it in the spirit it was given.

I remember the story about the Westboro church group and the awful things they did at that soldier's funeral. That,to me,is not how Christ would have responded at all!

Too many people giving Christianity a bad name. Starting with the Catholic church,which I always see brought up associating Christianity with molesting little boys,etc,etc,...

One thing for sure,people are not perfect,but Christ is,and we should look to Him,not to man,or "religion",for examples.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
New Agers were very prolific in the late sixties and early seventies.

I Was 18 and fast becoming a hippie and I enjoyed listening to the new age people. They as well as we hippies had one thing in common.

We wanted to make love not war and we all wanted to just get along with all people even if their beliefs differed from those of us that were Christians.

We protested side by side with new agers as our goals of peace were the same.

Never will we have peace until we accept the different beliefs and respect a persons right to believe differently than we do.

This is an old subject . Why has it been resurrected and an important matter as it actually goes back much further than the sixties?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
A lot depends on numbers. The Christians aren't organized enough to really go after New Agers, and I don't see anyone New Age wanting to harm Christians, but I think that they'd not just roll over and take it if it came down to it.

It's the ol' our way or the highway thing that fundamentalists - of all religions - get stuck on. It causes problems with people that don't want to take the freeway.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

C'mon...people do things in the name of religion that have nothing to do with following Christ!

Ahem. Did I say it did? How many people in this world do you actually think follow the TRUE teachings of Christ? How many? I guarantee you it is significantly lower than whatever percentage you come up with. I guarantee you!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm going to be honest with you all. I think this whole Christian vs. New Ager thing is being exaggerated, really. Yeah, there are certain fundamentalist circles that want to try and downgrade the "New Age" movement, but it's not as prevalent as people think.

I am saying that as a, well, to some degree, "new ager."

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Definitely, the earth is quickly becoming a huge playground for satan. Non-believers, new agers, occultists, even if they don't believe in satan, they are indirectly serving his agenda. We try and wake someone up, or just give them advice and we are labeled as fanatics. All I know is, you reap what you sow.

I used to believe that non believers only claimed this status as a way to try to avoid accountability for their sins - thinking if they kept on denouncing God, they would somehow be exempt from Judgement Day.

And while that may be some of it still, I think today's mankind is just puffed up with too much pride to bow down to anyone, much less their very Creator. But numerous "societies" got too full of pride over the centuries - and looked what happened to them.

You know I think that's a big part of it. Most people are to arrogant, self righteous, and prideful to ever bow down to anything. But those same people have no problem bowing down to their boss or their government. I used to be one of those people. I don't consider myself any one religon but more of a cornucopia of diffrent beliefs that are in my heart and from experience.

The main difference between a believer and non is the inability to believe in something greater than ones self. Letting go of that arrogance and believe me when I got the courage yes courage to get down and bow before the Creator and admit my lack of knowledge I got a peace in my heart that is untouchable, most people work there whole lives and never get it. My life is much better because my perception has changed. So no iys not about Jesus, or literalism in Scripture, dogma or ritual, its about acknowledging God and accepting that we submit to his will every day like it or not.

I think one of the things many athiests and agnostics and various other non believers on ATS don't see is the conspiracy now is not religon. Religion was useful to the Tptb before the industrial age. Now they attack Christianity and Islam and get those two to do the rest of the work for them. Turn over your dollar bill it says "NEW SECULAR AGE" that's what America was built for and there agenda is fast coming to fruition. Once we are completely secularized there will be no united front left to stand against tyranny.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

This is great news..!

Hopefully they annihilate each other - we can then begin anew with another belief system founded upon a whole new set of fallacies.

Be careful what you wish for.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7312d3fcf50.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by On the Edge

Ahem. Did I say it did? How many people in this world do you actually think follow the TRUE teachings of Christ? How many? I guarantee you it is significantly lower than whatever percentage you come up with. I guarantee you!!

I guess we won't know until we see how many would rather renounce their faith or die!

Jesus Christ said plainly in John 16:2-3, "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me." The simple fact is this. Jesus declared in this simple passage that, THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT HIS CHURCH! Any church that would KILL believers in Jesus Christ thinking they are doing the will of God is NOT of Jesus Christ "because they have not known the Father, nor me" plain and simple. The Roman Church has been the enemy of true followers of Christ all along. History records the torturous murders of well over 150 MILLION faithful followers of Jesus Christ by the hands of the Roman Catholic church. Now with the invention of the Internet, facts like these are EASY to research as well as verify with complete assurance of authenticity. Do you think the Pope realizes that? Yes I do believe he does. My reasons for thinking this is fueled by what occurred on March 12, 2000. Pope John Paul II did in fact ADMIT that the Roman Catholic Church killed the 150 MILLION Christians Bible history records as one of the most major identifying features of Antichrist. (See documented facts here - www.remnantofgod.org... ) The Pope actually realized that he can no longer hide behind the lies of his predecessors, and "fore-fathers" of the Roman Catholic faith! So, the wise thing to do now is apologize and maybe they will all forgive and forget? He knows that if he continues to deny the well DOCUMENTED FACTS that literally anybody with a Internet access can now easily verify, he will come off as a lesser leader, and all Catholics that verify these facts will leave his church. So, his decision is to "act" as if he is finally going to do the "Christ like" thing and ask forgiveness. This Mea Culpa" of March 12, 2000 was strategically placed! The devil controlling the Vat-of-sin in Rome timed it to work out to his advantage. And as we all see, MOST of the people of this planet fell for it. Think about the simply fact that most of the world does not understand prophecy. So when John Paul asked forgiveness, they saw a humble man saying he was sorry for his church's past sins. However, those that DO understand prophecy, saw the Pope actually taking responsibility for an act that Scriptures record in vivid detail as a major act of Antichrist!

Many thought that this ministry and HUNDREDS like it over the years have been "Catholic bashing" or telling bold face lies for years when we declared that the Roman Church did in fact kill those Christians. Yet, it soon became common knowledge to even Catholics that this was true when Pope John Paul II admitted it in his "Mea Culpa" of March 12, 2000. Many thought that this ministry as well as HUNDREDS like it have been "Catholic bashing" or telling bold face lies again when we declared that the Catholic church has never stopped KILLING Christians, and in fact will actually be stepping up it's last day efforts to kill as many as possible that will not deny Jesus and join Rome. And now we see that yes again, this too is becoming common knowledge by anyone with a brain and eyes that work well enough to comprehend basic facts. In fact, if you have missed hearing about this, the following articles of just a week or so ago should open your eyes to some unsettling evils...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be A Catholic Or Face Jail In Mexico - Evangelicals Persecuted
headlines.agapepress.org... June 5, 2001 By Allie Martin and Jim Brown

(Agape Press) - Local authorities in three small towns in different Mexican states are telling evangelical Christians to change their religion to traditional Catholicism or suffer severe consequences. Evangelical Christians who do not renounce their faith are being threatened with jail time, expulsion, the removal of public services such as water and drainage, and even death. In one case, two recent converts were jailed for 36 hours and asked to deny their new evangelical Christian faith. Terry Madison is president of Open Doors, a ministry which tracks the persecution of Christians. He says this is not a new problem. "This has been an ongoing challenge in Chiapas, where when people accept the Lord they choose not to participate in some of the local Catholic celebrations, many of which involve 'posh' which is a locally fermented drink," Madison says. "They choose not to participate, which means they're not buying the candles and the costumes and the fireworks, and some of the other products that some of the local authorities profit by, so there's an economic loss." Madison says things are particularly bad for evangelical Christians in the state of Chipas. "A particular community had 230 evangelicals. We're talking about a large body of Christ," he says. "Another had forty Christian church members who were challenged to renounce their evangelical faith and return to Catholicism or they would face having their homes burned and their animals destroyed." In another example of intolerance, The Alabama Baptist newspaper reports Catholic leaders in San Nicholas, Mexico, a town of some 4,000 people, are telling 36 evangelical families they must leave town within 90 days "or be kicked out." The paper says the families' water and sewer services have been cut off. A San Nicholas spokesman is quoted as saying, "What the town wants is for the evangelicals to stop spreading their religion to more people and to stop having their meeting." Patrick Scully, a spokesman for the Catholic League, said he couldn't comment on the story because he was not aware of the details and also since the persecution is taking place outside the United States. www.worthynews.com...

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'll tell you something else too. If it offends,I'm sorry,I'm just being quite frank here. Instead of the Christians and New agers being worried about fighting each other, they had better figure out how they want to combat the onslaught of Islam. Islam is the true enemy, as far as I am concerned.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't know that there's any more of a conflict now than there's ever been. One problem with even having the discussion is the labeling involved with the terms "Christian" and "New Age". The terms are thrown about pretty wildly and you'll have a great deal of disagreement even within each category about what's what. There are New Age Christians, for example. There are Christians who believe Catholics aren't Christian. There are people who refer to themselves as Christian who by any definition, are practicing something so removed from scriptural teaching they've invented their own religion completely and might as well be in a cargo cult. Etc. etc.

Anyone with an interest in this particular topic and is up for some real conspiracy theory might try finding the book, Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow. It came out in 1983, and probably is available at your local library. I read it maybe 20 years ago. I recall thinking it was a worthwhile read with some interesting information even if you disagree with the basic premise.

[Edit to add]

Had to go back and see if I could recall/find the other book I read about the same time. It was Th e Aquarian Conspiracy, which isn't what it sounds like. It's actually in support of what is generally considered "New Age" philosophy.

Anyway, the two books are a good point - counterpoint.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

The Bible, and Jesus, warn against dabbling in astrology or the occult - which is considered 'new age' practice. If you would like to research that topic, feel free

Yes, we do need a "book" meaning "Scriptures" aka Jesus' Word.

People can keep telling themselves that alllll we have to do is "look for the light" or become "enlightened" - all they want - but to "find" Jesus, one has to sincerely seek Him, and seek wisdom/instruction in His Scriptures.

I stand fast in my comment(s).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join