It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age vs Christianity Conflict Rising?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquariusDescending
If Christians launch a true war against everything they consider "New Age" (which is often more than "New Agers" themselves) then I will be waiting patiently, ready to defend myself as I am required. Being a defensive war for everyone else, many, many Christians would no doubt be killed. So I would advise they never start an actual war if they would not like their collective influence further reduced in this world.

As long as they just think I'm going to their hell, and keep running their mouths, I can deal with that, and everything is okay. The creator of everything gave me a brain and that's all I need to see how much sense their philosophy and teachings make. That is the end of any "intellectual" aspect of a "war" right there.

As for anything else -- I say bring it on. If they're as clever in warfare as they are in philosophy, then I think they would just bring on their own extinction.

I don't think there will ever really be a physical war waged by actual christians, atleast not from me, not until my own life and freedom is directly threatened by the establishment, ie. forced microchipping, forced imprisonments of christians due to terrorist acts of (most likely Illuminati controlled) fundamentalist christian terrorist groups (such as al-queada and taliban for muslims), instead, what we will see is countries vs. countries with those countries being labeled as a religion as a whole, ie. USA vs. Iran, in that situation, USA will be labelled christians and Iran will be labeled muslims, and instead of seeing through the BS labeling, most people will go along with that labeling and also take it out on actual christians not taking part in those country vs. country war, as has been seen with the many muslim victims of prejudice since 9-11.... indeed TPTB will use their own armies to demonize even more the truth of the Messiah...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquariusDescending
If Christians launch a true war against everything they consider "New Age" (which is often more than "New Agers" themselves) then I will be waiting patiently, ready to defend myself as I am required. Being a defensive war for everyone else, many, many Christians would no doubt be killed. So I would advise they never start an actual war if they would not like their collective influence further reduced in this world.

As long as they just think I'm going to their hell, and keep running their mouths, I can deal with that, and everything is okay. The creator of everything gave me a brain and that's all I need to see how much sense their philosophy and teachings make. That is the end of any "intellectual" aspect of a "war" right there.

As for anything else -- I say bring it on. If they're as clever in warfare as they are in philosophy, then I think they would just bring on their own extinction.

I think it's wrong to lump all Christians together. There are so many different sects of Christianity. I'm a Catholic and I'm in no way up in arms about New Age, in fact I'm really into a lot of it. There are conservative Christians too, although most of my family are pretty liberal in their views.
Now I do have an aunt who is very conservative Christian, but that's not exactly a crusade...there are some parts of Christianity that are not really even Christian, some cults for instance. I haven't seen anything biased in my experience as a Catholic.

Then there is a lot of stuff that is very "brainwashing"...but Christianity is a very diverse religion and it includes a lot of different people. Most of my family are true believers I guess or my relatives. My parents are kind of iffy I think. Christianity isn't like Scientology...of course I guess any religion is kinda fair game for criticism.

I find a lot of good in Christianity. New Age isn't a religion.

I still question a lot...but I think there could be a hell and if there was then it would be immoral for a person to assume who was going there.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I amRIGHT and I know I'm Right

:::THUD::::

I *** throw*** my holy book on the table,

I speak with authority!
Oh it is SO GOOD to be able to speak with such absolute authority?

Can you FEEL the power? Can you not just FEEL it??

Hope no one notices that the name of the book is Catcher in the Rye.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AHustler
This is what the new age religion is all about right?? forgetting about your differences to come together and forge a peace, yes??

And that is a bad thing because???????
Really, you warmongering Muslims and "Christians" should give the "New age is eeeeevil" (Shudder)
thing a rest. Really.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm cool if your a christian but if you start saying my eternal soul will be damned because I don't believe in your vengeful god is what gets me. Personally I do not want to worship a god who's followers believe killing is alright as long as its in the name of god. My father is and his current girlfriend are both Crazy hard core Catholics so I have seen the argument.

I think the more doomsday prophecies people make the more these issues will come up. Especially since there is more pressure to convert to Christianity. I find that this is becoming a trend. It may be that I'm in university... And well people experiment with EVERYTHING... but I find there are more and more people trying to convert me to being catholic, christian and such. After being told you are going to be damned to hell for eternity you kinda start to snap. Like the first week I was at university I had 2 people come up to me and ask what religion I am. I said I don't really have one I'm kinda looking around, at the moment the closest thing is pagan. After about 10 minutes of me calmly explaining why I chose paganism over Catholicism one was starting to re think Christianity and the other began to tell me how wrong my choice was and how I have no morals and I will forever be damned...

Even though its not the many inquisitions anymore I still feel there is persecution and prejudiced against pagans, wiccans and other similar religions. The church in my opinion has slandered these groups causing people to get the wrong impression. I have read and own the satanic bible, they don't sacrifice goats or rape babies.. In fact its a collection of essays saying pretty much that we are atheists and believe in everything that the Catholics don't. And well we will worship their evil god because well it'll piss them off. There are a few satanic rituals to summon evils however that be it as it may is not a mandatory practice. Mostly its a religion to teach people worship your self and live in the moment.

A better example of the distorted views on non christian religions is wicca and paganism. The stigma wiccans are given is the whole hippy mentality, and the peace, love, and drugs type movement. Or they are branded also as being devil worshipers.

I think both sides need to come to the middle ground and stop pushing their religions. Since this whole war on religions is out of hand. God, the gods, the universe, intelligent design, what ever you practice gave us free will so we should be able to express that free will and damn our selves to hell if we want to.

Xiamara

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join