It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Lieutenant Colonel Publicly Disobeys Orders to Afghan on Obama Eligibility Issue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
In a video released yesterday March 30, the Lt. Col. Terry Lakin publicly defies orders, risking a court marshal, for his further deployment in Afghanistan, believing that until Obama can prove his eligibility, his orders are illegal!

Description from video:

LTC Terry Lakin has tried in vain to get the same verification from our President that he has been asked to provide countless times in his career, for many jobs, and to obtain a security clearance for the trusted positions he has held within the U.S. Armed Forces. LTC Terry Lakin has tried in vain to get the same verification from our President that he has been asked to provide countless times in his career, for many jobs, and to obtain a security clearance for the trusted positions he has held within the U.S. Armed Forces.

To leave comments or ask questions please visit our website at www.safeguardourconstitution.com...

Wow, now that's some serious balls. Although it wouldn't be the first time this has happened. But it does bring back into light the hotly debated issue of Obama's eligibility to be President.

I call that a man with conviction, although strap on the flame suits, because there are those who will call him a fool.

[edit on Wed Mar 31st 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another one. I remember a case last year that also challenged the authority and eligibility of Obama. That case was dismissed if I recall and the officer in question was never deployed as per his orders. There is precedent for this case for sure.

I'll dig for the ATS thread on that case because it certainly went around for a while.

Will Obama put up? shut up? or ignore?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think that this guy is in deep trouble.

Obama is in squash the opposition mode. Hopefully more will come out and question Obama's authority at this time.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good for him! He has my unconditional and unwavering support on the matter. Sadly, the courts have already abrogated their responsibility on the matter and have ruled repeatedly that no one has standing to bring the case. IN other words, the courts don't think that the citizens are worthy of challenging the government. So much for redress of grievances!
If this individual, who has more to lose - HIS LIFE! - does not have standing to challenge the matter then no one will ever have standing. The courts, IMO, are setting a VERY dangerous precendent which will eventually FORCE the citizens to DEMAND, through violence if necessary, that the government provide a full redress of grievances as provided for under the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I hope he doesn't turn up "suicided."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Heh, well here is a perfect opportunity for us to watch the MSM blackout of this news. You know it's gotta hurt when someone that high up PUBLICLY disobeys orders to Afghanistan based on this issue. Prediction: this news will go viral within a couple of days. But only around the net.

Remember Obama's WH team's MSM news network intimidation over this issue? I'll dig up the thread.

Now way they are gonna let this get out!

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on Wed Mar 31st 2010 by TrueAmerican]

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Your just a Birther you Birther. What a Birther, stupid Birther...

Just wanted to save the trolls the post, so hopefully we can discuss this on its merits.

This man is risking a major aspect of his life on this, and I applaud his brass cahones! Unfortunatly, I doubt this will shed any light on the birth certificate issue. I don't know wheter or not he was born in Hawaii BUT, I definatly know he has gone out of his way to hide the document (as well as others).

-E-

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
More here:

Lakin has earned the distinction of taking care of many Admirals and Generals since working at the Pentagon, where he serves as Chief of Primary Care and Flight Surgeon for the DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic and is the lead Flight Surgeon charged with caring for Army Chief of Staff General Casey's pilots and air crew. LTC Lakin's numerous awards and decorations include the Army Flight Surgeon Badge, Combat Medical Badge, the Bronze Star Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Achievement Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, the National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Service Star, the Armed Forces Expedition Medal, the Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon sixth award and the NATO service medal. He has served previously in Honduras, Bosnia, Korea, and Afghanistan.

familysecuritymatters.org...

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
my hat is off to the man
the biggest set of ba!!s Ive seen
in a while.

Congratulations Terry
u just made General in my book

Keep the faith

Now for my next question:
what if this gets infectious with our
combat troops in Afgh and Iraq??
Can the military court martial
over 100,000?? That would take
decades to process all that paperwork
and another whole army to DO the paperwork.
What does a president do when his whole
army refuses orders???

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I see moves within moves within moves.

Do a quick scan of a few forums and see that there is a definite strategy being employed.

I have a feeling there is a paradigm shift just around the corner.

OP, welcome to the rabbit hole, just when you think you have hit the bottom, there is the red pill.

Well, we have always wondered what it was like to live in certain times like the 1770's.

I have a feeling the next couple years are going to be one hell of a ride.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Now for my next question:
what if this gets infectious with our
combat troops in Afgh and Iraq??
Can the military court martial
over 100,000?? That would take
decades to process all that paperwork
and another whole army to DO the paperwork.
What does a president do when his whole
army refuses orders???

Answer: it won't ever get to the soldiers over there, unless through their families. They will probably make every effort to shut this story down. I will be AMAZED if this hits MSM.

You KNOW the DoD has got to understand the dangers of someone this high up and so highly decorated refusing orders.

But if that did happen, and a whole mess of soldiers jumped on this bandwagon, I suppose a logical thing to do would be to hire more mercenaries. I.e., Blackwater (don't they have a new name now?), etc.

They'll get this war fought, no matter what it costs. And the same for Iran.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He will be removed from command. Not because of his defiant position, but the fact he is allowing paranoid delusions to control his decision making. There is simply no place for someone with mental illness in command.

If he is so easily swayed by the birthers, who are claiming the feds whom would have access to the Hawaiian birth certificate and any other bit of information about Obama are either ignorant or part of a vast 40 year conspiracy, what's to say he won't be easily swayed by the enemy during combat. A Tokyo Rose could have this man shooting at his own troops. A danger to himself and the troops.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I think that the case has no merit. He took an oath to obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over him. Presidents do not sign deployment orders.
The LTC in question must want to retire and this will be a good opportunity for him to grind his axe before leaving the service. He's likely topped out at LTC, anyway, and has nothing to lose with grandstanding. The Army probably doesn't care about him and will just retire him, involuntarily, if he won't go on his own. If he persists, they may reduce him in grade a bit before giving him the boot.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Paranoid delusions? In what way? This officer has an obligation to follow all Lawfull orders, prove they are. At the end of the day, for now, Obama is the Commander in chief, if he isn't in reality, all of his orders would be illegal. Seems everyone enjoys bitching about our troops and the illegal wars, ohhhh they are following illegal orders because the war is illegal. Well, when one brave man stands up to it, just because it doesn't meet the kool aide drinkers merits he's delusional? Give me a break, the man is a hero.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok I got out of the active duty army with an honorable over 20 years ago and to watch this fool makes me sick, I volunteered and took an oath, this idiot does not have any right to somehow try and undermine the overall objectives of the U.S. government, by using some weak never proven excuse about the legally elected individual and now serving in the role of president over some internet fueled Obama birth certificate accusation that has been proven to be untrue, yet it has been kept alive by those who choose to believe that it is indeed undisputed truth.

When you are given an order in the military it does not say to that you question the position or validity of the individual giving you the order based on whether you believe that they are credibly entitled to serve in the role of the superior ranking giving you the order or not, if the individual was promoted by the military you just follow, if the individual happens to be the president that was legally and without question elected to commander in chief you have no basis for your argument to disobey you MUST FOLLOW the order, you only question orders if they are unlawful and you had better have VERY STRONG EVIDENCE that the order given at that time is unlawful or will cause tremendous undo harm to you or possibly soldiers serving under you.

It frightens me to think that there are commissioned officers in the military carrying out such treasonous and seditious acts, he is a weak excuse for an officer and really hope he gets the court martial he deserves because he is unfit to protect me or anyone that understands the role of the armed forces, my belief is that this individual has ZERO backbone, and he cannot keep his own word and solemn oath to the United States of America it completely undermines the military doctrine and overall mission at hand.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by phinubian]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The courts have ruled on this extensively already. Every case that has brought up on this issue has been thrown out and all sorts of supposedly evidence of his birth in other places has been proved to be false. Yes, I know some of you don't believe that or refuse to, but that is the case. It's to the point where some activists, like Orly Taitz, have been sanctioned by the courts for bringing frivolous law suits with no basis.

I don't think this soldier really represents any sort of "opposition" to Obama and his assertions, when made by others, have time and time again been shown to have no merit.

Whatever the case, so long as his superior officers disagree with him about the merits of the orders they are receiving from up the chain of command, then he's got nothing. He can resist and disagree and go to military prison for it if he feels that strongly about it - that would be an act of civil disobedience on his part which at least is a civilized way of handling such a thing (I'm a big fan of Thoreau, here) - but I don't think any of that will win many converts to his views.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

There is already precedent for this case. This officer won his case and his deployment orders were revoked. He also lost his private sector job.

www.ledger-enquirer.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Obama's Eligibility is a red herring.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Seditious and treasonous....have you met our supposed president? Hell, he was busy commiting treason just to pass his healthcare bill. As a veteran myself, I applaude him for his courage to stand up to Obama. You are to protect this country from all dangers foriegn and domestic...Obama fills the bill.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join