It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't people believe in extraterrestrial life?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Most of it can be tied to some sort of psychosis.
Sexual abuse etc

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by audevidetace3rd
Most of it can be tied to some sort of psychosis.
Sexual abuse etc

Good to know, someone better tell the Japanese prime ministers wife she might want to know.

This is almost as bad as the 10 signs your a unquestioning Christian/Atheist threads. No one can prove Extraterrestial existence, but that doesnt mean its not there. Threads like these keep coming up and its always the same answers, skeptics - no evidence, believers - Alien life is out there. I think its a big mother F'in universe and it doesnt hurt to dream.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The only reason i joined ats was to discuss aliens and to share my photographs of ufo's and anomalous light behavior. First time i had posted anywhere, i never finished the thread. I still have aliens, i always will. I will always be able to photograph them. This is the aliens forming a werewolf face for me. I am aware that many of my claims sound outrageous, but nonetheless they are the truth, the alien truth.

[edit on 113131p:s914.photobucket.com...//pm3124 by debris765nju]

[edit on 123030p://am3055 by debris765nju]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

I think that the OP is over-simplifying the issue a little bit. The debate isn't just about the existence of extra-terrestrial life.

Its is about whether there is INTELLIGENT extra-terrestrial life - and whether this life has visited us on earth.

I don't think you will find many intelligent and educated people disagreeing with the possibility of life outside our planet. However, whether we have ever been visted by ET is a completely different issue.

John

I would tend to agree with your post. I definitely think it is downright stupid to suggest that there is no other life other than the life we find on Earth, somewhere else, at some other point in time, alive and abudant within the universe.
However, as much as I want to picture alien motherships floating over D.C. and taking out skyscrapers and such, I don't know if that is at all realistic...
I can understand people not believing in that portrayal of alien life.
I feel to think we are "alone" in this huge fishbowl is just as silly

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I honestly believe that people are just unwilling to accept it much as they are unwilling to accept that there are likely animals with high intelligence. I've heard it stated that humans are the only animal which understand symbolic reasoning but this is not true and I can prove it.

Dogs understand symbolic reasoning, this is why a dog understands when you point. If I tell my dog to "get out" and then point at the doggy door he knows exactly what I mean even though he does not grasp english.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

What you consider evidence is not evidence. Eyewitness accounts, ancient texts, files, photos and documents are subject to one's interpretation. Show me a lifeform. Show me a verifiable, undeniable spacecraft.

All of these things are evidence. Just as much so would they be evidence in a murder trial. There is no serious investigator that would ignore testimony, photographs or documents. It's may not be the concrete evidence you want, but to ignore it is to not take a serious interest in the issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
my signature says it all

life exists everywhere

the fact that ET already visited earth, well, who knows, its possible

but I would say if we were visited, probably by ET AI

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

im not namecalling people who dont believe my beliefs. im namecalling people who namecall people who share my beliefs you fail to realize this, despite me saying it twice.
i could care less if people dont share my beliefs. but when people refer to me and other people who believe in extraterrestrial life, as "schitzophrenic paranoid nutjobs". that is when something has been said.

let me rephrase something you said: "To date, no evidence has been RELEASED of life existing anywhere other than on this planet."
incase you didnt know, the governments of the world have been known to lie. so when these scientists do find life(which id bet anything in my possesion they have) the government will do everything in its power to cover it up.

eyewitness accounts, ancient texts, files, photos and documents, are more than skeptics have to disprove extraterrestrial life.

tell me, what exactly are YOUR beliefs? not just on this subject. but in general. whats your biew on the universe?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

In murder trials you often have tangible evidence. For one thing, there is almost always a dead body. The murderers often leave behind physical evidence that undeniably belongs to them like shells, weapons, DNA, fingerprints, and the like.

There are many people that claim to have had some sort of encounter with extraterrestrial life. Granted, it may not be feasible for all of them to have tangible evidence of the encounter, but you would think some of them would be able to obtain something tangible.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

there has been tangible evidence.
lets look at abductees.
people waking up with random bruises/scars/marks. that werent there before. not to mention implants.
but skeptics entirely ignore the possibility of it being extraterrestrial. which i somewhat dont blame them for. theres a large amount of possibilities that could of left these marks. but abductees still deserve the benefit of the doubt. so skeptics shouldnt immedeatly say it wasnt abduction related.

i mean in a murder trial, even a small bruise, or a little scrape can be crucial to the case in many, many ways.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

One reason is ET mind control. I have been told by some ET friends some ETs(reptiles/greys) alter neural pathways of some qualifying people while they sleep to immediately think someone is crazy when believing, or talking of ETs.

Another big reason is religion. People who are religious often think we are the only thing a God would create. Which is ridiculous IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
People used to look at the stars, but eventually they're eyes started looking at books, plays, newspapers, tv, and film. So naturally no one observes the stars like they used to.

Also most people aren't aware of the recent discoveries in space and what most scientist and astronomers are hypothesizing.

Once a discovery is made in our Solar System, The nay-sayers will say, well how would intelligent life get here?

One misunderstanding is that science is already one foot in the door with those deep space traveling theories and a hands-on tinkering with our current capabilities.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Von hanikens' chariots of the gods came out strong in the early 70's followed by sitchins 12th planet and others like hancock, alford, etc. PCs and internet was still in the star trek realm yet before these people and gadgets became popular deep inside me was already the troubling and annoying sense why peope just coudnt and wouldnt come to terms of the thought that we are not and never the only sentient creatures in this vast universe.
and that was just thoughts then..
now it seems that reality is seeping in...when will they ever learn?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

Never mind your analyses. In a court of law what counts is irrefutable evidence. Regarding "aliens" no one has EVER provided irrefutable evidence, just hearsay, tall tales, dreams, etc.

Once irrefutable evidence is presented the argument ends.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Never mind your analyses. In a court of law what counts is irrefutable evidence. Regarding "aliens" no one has EVER provided irrefutable evidence, just hearsay, tall tales, dreams, etc.

Once irrefutable evidence is presented the argument ends.

That's true. The world is not a court of law. And aliens either exist, or they don't. People can conjecture and use things like the Drake Equation and a lot of unknown variables to come up with probabilities of aliens existing. But with aliens, it still boils down to a yes or no question. There's no such thing as an alien that has a 45%, a 73%, or a 95% existence. So circumstantial evidence doesn't cut it.

Of course, a person is free to believe anything they want. Belief is accepting something as fact without proof. Some people have direct personal experiences that they deem to be adequate proof. Personally, I know how poor my perceptions are, and I've been fooled by skilled magicians, so I might not be so quick to accept the notion as fact. After all, who says "aliens" can't lie?

But as of this moment, I am not aware of any publicly available evidence that provides undeniable proof that there is life or intelligence anywhere but Earth. Along with that, there is no undeniable proof that any government is concealing such evidence.

Unexplainable things flying around?
Sure. But they don't prove anything. They're just curiosities.

The possibility that aliens exist?
We exist, so it's possible. But the probability is impossible to calculate.

The sightings of flying things, abductions, creatures, etc., having anything whatsoever to do with alien life or intelligence?
Nope. There's nothing that connects the dots. There are many other potential explanations, including the "X" explanation that we aren't smart enough to know about.

That's why some people don't believe in ET life. There's no incontrovertible evidence of it anywhere. None. And for such a radical proposition, that's what's needed.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Your reply on the topic is the most logical and common sense I've ever seen on the Aliens and UFOs forum.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i totally understand your frustraition
it just seems like people have seen to much Sci-Fi on Tv about aliens with ridiculous heads or whatever, but think about this there is aprox 2.5 billion stars in our galaxy( Milky way ) and on one planet ( Earth ) there are over 100 speices.. so even if there 1 planet in the universe which could support live think how many more animals we would discover. : )

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GalaxyKB
i totally understand your frustraition
it just seems like people have seen to much Sci-Fi on Tv about aliens with ridiculous heads or whatever, but think about this there is aprox 2.5 billion stars in our galaxy( Milky way ) and on one planet ( Earth ) there are over 100 speices.. so even if there 1 planet in the universe which could support live think how many more animals we would discover. : )

Your reply is slightly confusing but be that as it may, while some humans love to speculate about life elsewhere in the universe the bottom line is that we are all there is in "creation" and we are our own evidence. We have no evidence for any other kind of life aside from some amoeba somewhere!

As to alleged "aliens", again, there is no evidence except hearsay. Since we do not know from where UFOs originate, saying they're from here or from there is strictly speculation and unsupported by evidence.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

okay then. lets seeeeee
theres photos ufos.
no irrefutable enough for you?
theres videos of ufos.

some fake, some real. the only way you can prove if the videos and photos are real is if you can go back in time to the exact date and time, with a video camera and document the entire time at the area in question.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Show me a lifeform

Here is one example, this example is still being debated but it is only a matter of time before "a life form" is discovered and verified.

martian bacteria may have lived in the martian meteorite ALH 84001

www.lpi.usra.edu...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join