It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Opinion Piece calls OathKeepers "HATRIOTS"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
and another thing, guns are f###ing awesome everyone should have two, drugs should be illegal, and if the government want's to put chips in me to monitor me i will be very violent towards them. i'd rather be executed on town square than to have my rights taken from me

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

Originally posted by grahag
Militias have a long way to go to make them look like respectable organizations. Currently, they look like a bunch of whacko gun nuts.

So my question to you, grahag, is this: How many times have you referred to the US Army as "whacko gun nuts"?

Never. They have a mandate by the US Government for use of training and weapons. Militias have no official mandate other than their personal view of how things should be.

I'm not saying they ARE all whacko gun nuts, but they LOOK like whacko gun nuts when things like this pop up. Its the same situation for Muslim Extremists. Unless you have mainstream muslims countering the extremists, it makes all muslims LOOK like extremists.

I'm not saying that militias aren't needed, but they really need to do some marketing to keep them from looking like nutjobs with guns. And why do they have to cover their faces? What do they have to hide?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just found this. Anyone draw any connections

www.youtube.com...

Hutaree Militia Is An Israeli Mossad Zionist Front Group - True Sons Of Liberty Exposed Them In 2007

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Seriously?

Seven pages of "Republicans vs. Democrats?"

Why does it never end? The majority of militia members that I know in Ohio vote for THIRD party leaders...

Like the Libertarian and Jedi parties.

It is a fallacy of an assumption to suggest that anyone who joins/supports a militia is Republican, racist, supported Bush, and voted for McCain.

If anyone, I bet a lot of militia members voted for Ron Paul or Michael Badnarik.

After reading through all of this, I seriously wish I was ex-military or even a Police Officer just so I could join OathKeepers.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
After reading through all of this, I seriously wish I was ex-military or even a Police Officer just so I could join OathKeepers.

You can join Oath Keepers as an Associate Member:

oathkeepers.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Originally posted by dalan.

You can join Oath Keepers as an Associate Member:

oathkeepers.org...

Ah, thank you for the link.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
While I am a supporter of freedom of speech, and freedom of the press(not that we see alot of either these days), I cannot abide the idiotic simple-minded ramblings of J.P. Avalon. One of the spreaders of the vile little "hatriots" misnomer. So in response I give you his article from CNN www.cnn.com... as well as his blog for "The Daily Beast" www.thedailybeast.com...:beastoriginalsR1 the second link I think is the most repulsive. I'm semi-counting on the wonderful members of ATS to rip him a new one. "FRESH FISH!"

[edit on 31-3-2010 by junebug721]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
CNN is a joke today, and totally irrelevant. A high school AV class could put together a better news production.

All you need to do is look at their ratings, and that tells you all you need to know...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
Perhaps the CNN publicity stunt was an off the grid offer of financial support from the CNN news network to the Oath Keepers.

"What the heck?" you ask?

Character Assassination and Public Libel, while not forms of criminal activity, ARE indeed a form of activity covered under TORT LAW, and are things liable for compensatory action under governing statutes.

I wouldn't be suprised to learn that the Oath Keepers take CNN to court - suing for 'damages'.

The truth is a defense to any action for defamation. I'd love to defend that lawsuit. The discovery alone would be huge fun. "How are you financed?" List the number and type of every weapon any member possesses."
CNN is a Time-Warner company. That's 3.32 Billion in revenues to defend with.

Your not a bar attorney are you? Because that is a typical response of a scum attorney. What weapons one owns is totally irrelevant. But then again you might get away with it in these de facto private foreign courts where your brother attorney the judge colludes with you and the plaintiff attorney to line your pockets.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by hawkiye]

To be a proper subject of discovery does not require relevancy, only that the question be intended to discover relevant info. I would want to find out whether any member weapons match the type, caliber and rifling of the bullet fired into Eric Cantor's office building. And that's relevant.
And I am no longer a member of any bar association. I retired from that once my pockets were well enough lined.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I am not going to blindly support any milita group, no matter what they claim to defend. They can claim that they will support the constitution, from foreign and domestic enemies; I am sure their membership will grow due to that claim. However, I don't trust a mob with guns anymore than I do the government controlled military. What guarantee do I have that they are going to protect the constitution when I feel like it needs to be protected?

In my opinion, there is nothing separating these groups from the mentality of a cult. They have a cause which unites them and a leader who preaches a message. There is not one thing which regulates what these groups are going to do. Some people may feel comfort knowing that they can be lead by an organization other than the government; I just see another group which is going to attempt to inflict their will upon me.

I have said this before and I will say it again; everyday certain groups are starting to look like those I was fighting overseas.

You do understand that the Oathkeepers are sworn law-enforcement and military personnel, don't you? This is not a bunch of toothless rednecks riding around in 4X4's with deer rifles.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Office 4256]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Nobody cares what CNN says anyway

CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS., APRIL 1, 2010

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,981,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,256,000
FOXNEWS PALIN 2,073,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,014,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,877,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,658,000