It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Opinion Piece calls OathKeepers "HATRIOTS"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Another new Hatriot group is the Oath Keepers, who claim to have some 3,000 dues-paying members, including current and former law enforcement officers, members of the military, and others who meet to reaffirm their oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. "The whole point of the Oath Keepers is to stop a dictatorship from ever happening here," its founder, Stewart Rhodes, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

www.cnn.com...

This guy needs to be flat out fired, and never heard from again.

Typical MSM broad brush stroking, stereotyping, demonizing, propagandizing BS aimed at militia groups. Well they are barking up the wrong tree with OathKeepers, a highly respected organization composed of some of this country's finest military, police and firemen.

I hope one day that seriously comes back to haunt this bastard.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yeah I posted this last night right after the show was aired. They also said that these christian militias were preparing for the last fight against the beast...interesting stuff from CNN 360... Hatriots...meh....

They also said that the reason the militias were being formed was because of the New World Order...(the beast). And they actually used the terms NWO, New World Order, and The Beast during the show.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is going to spiral downhill faster with the passing of each day and MSNBC/CNN story/commentary. The Oath Keepers are a solid and legitimate force that should not be treated in this manner.

Let the alienation begin. The wedge has just been driven a little deeper and Obama continues to hit with each and every speech he makes. If he rubs the Republican nose in his HCR victory one more time I am going to lose it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oathkeepers Rock. They are honorable people and awesome citizens.
I am so angry when anyone is demonized by the news-writers group and splc !
We knew this would come, they publicized confrontation with them.
They run the news, but we did not vote for them nor support them with funds.
WTH?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Great post. S&F

CNN days are numbered. Their ratings are in the tank.

Honestly, they tow the White House line, trying to make everyday US citizens who are concerned about what is taking place with POTUS as bigots, haters, racist, fanatics etc.

The truth is the folks in the White House and those cooperating in the MSM are (haters, racist, bigots etc) bad guys. CNN and the other MSM are reduced to doing hit pieces and lies as they have sold their soles to POTUS and can't turn back now. Going for broke. Fools following the fool.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I love the cute little names the MSM comes up with for groups of people they attempt to demonize... tea baggers, and hatriots.. can someone tell me exactly what a hatriot is?

If the MSM wants to put a spin on militias to manipulate people into thinking they are evil, anti-patriotic, or whatever, then I would like to see some videos that promotes all of the organizations that promote true liberty, and all of the additional ways the OKs support legislation in favor of the people.

I am sick and freaking tired of only one side of a story being hacked up, and served to the public... and even more tired of so many people taking it as the whole truth and not doing their own research into such matters.. and then adopting the story as their own belief. It is so much easier than to think for yourself... but I suppose life has a tendency to take the path of least resistance after all.

Edit to add the columnist of that article even looks like a douche.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Kevinquisitor]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I would expect nothing less from the Communist News Network. Hell, if Obamas against it, they're against it. And since Obama clearly is against the constitution, it stands to reason their opinion would be the same, after all it seems the WH tells them exactly what where when, why and how to report.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well,no one watches CNN except Fidel and Hugo and of course that retard Penn.

Their viewership has tanked since they hired that obvious racist mouth piece Sanchez.The idiot that placed Hawaii off the coast of South America.

The Oath Keepers are a legitimate organization.

Do your research.Organizations such as the American Legion and the VFW had critics and detractors when they were in the formation stage.

The same thing was said about them.

Different times and different generations but the same issues.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The irony is that by describing the Oathkeepers as defenders of the Constitution against enemies both foreign and domestic, along with the quote, the CNN speaker has just given the group a lot of valuable publicity. What rational person would object to the Oathkeepers' goals?

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why??? It is an OPINION piece.

Are you now against freedom of speech? Silence all those that don't agree with you??? That is very American of you.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Are you now against freedom of speech? Silence all those that don't agree with you??? That is very American of you.

reading a telepropmpter is not formulating an opinion. broadcasting that nonsense doesnt help the cause either. "deny ignorance" is international.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This is going to spiral downhill faster with the passing of each day and MSNBC/CNN story/commentary. The Oath Keepers are a solid and legitimate force that should not be treated in this manner.

Let the alienation begin. The wedge has just been driven a little deeper and Obama continues to hit with each and every speech he makes. If he rubs the Republican nose in his HCR victory one more time I am going to lose it.

Guess what? He was elected according to the mandates of the Constitution.

The HCR bill was passed and signed into law according to the mandates of the Constitution.

If the Oath Keepers are objecting to the Constitutional system just because people they don't like are in power, then they are a domestic enemy of the Constitution. As long as they are only verbally engaged, fine. If they ever should decide to take up arms (which is laughable with these types), they should be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Of course he is. Just like the people he's standing up for, he's disgusted by the Constitution and what it actually says, and instead prefers an imaginary version that totally mirrors his own political views and personal opinions.

The oathkeepers are just another bunch of rubes who are pissed that the US government isn't bowing to their tiny voice in the wilderness.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

reading a telepropmpter is not formulating an opinion. broadcasting that nonsense doesnt help the cause either.

Well if he is reading off the teleprompter something he wrote based off his OPINION earlier...then yes it is still an opinion.

And what cause? What cause are they trying to help or hurt???

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
I love the cute little names the MSM comes up with for groups of people they attempt to demonize... tea baggers

FAIL.

The tea partiers are the ones who decided to use "tea bag" as a verb. Thereby making them teabaggers.

Scenes from the New American Tea Party

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

reading a telepropmpter is not formulating an opinion. broadcasting that nonsense doesnt help the cause either. "deny ignorance" is international.

By that "logic," your post is no longer an opinion, since it has already been typed up.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Editor's note: John P. Avlon is a senior political columnist for The Daily Beast and author of the new book "Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America."

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of John P. Avlon.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The people on MSNBC are just as stupid.

They portray Operation Exodus in the same manner, but it is an organized intiative by the Bossier Parish Sheriff Department.

Even more moronic was when MSNBC questioned why would Bossier be planning for emergencies like terror attacks.

Barksdale AFB and the Global Strike Command HQ is in Bossier.

All of the news on television is full of crap. Left or right, its all full of crap.

[edit on 30/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Avlon's writing is so sappy, Reader's Digest stories are well-done by comparison. He's as goofy as the 'wingnuts' he's convinced are 'hijacking' America.

Here's a sample of his dreck:
But in the last year, we have seen a half-dozen murders committed by unhinged individuals who drank deeply from Hatriot and anti-government conspiracy theory sites.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

In essence you have confessed that you didn't actually watch the clip in question since you are not Hugo, Fidel or Penn.

CNN.com is still considered one of the most visited websites in the world despite the ass-hattery that is Sanchez (i really do agree with you on that). Defense of the constitution should never include personal morality, and I think that was the underlying message of this segment. Unfortunately if someone judged everything on our collective morality our constitution would include mandatory cheeseburgers for all and constant reruns of B.J. and the Bear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join