It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Opinion Piece calls OathKeepers "HATRIOTS"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
Militias have a long way to go to make them look like respectable organizations. Currently, they look like a bunch of whacko gun nuts.

All militias do for the most part seems to be training for just in case there is a real threat to America, wheras the US Army trains for when the Secretary of Defense finds a good patch of oil they would like a piece of and gets together with the Commander in Chief.

Score:
Militias: 0*
US Army**: 500,000+ just in RECENT history
*7 members of maybe 50,000 were alleged to be planning to using their weapons)
** A standing permanent army was never intended to exist upon the founding of America.

When name-calling, please get it right. The US military from what I've seen of them are whacko gun nuts. The militias from my understanding are simply vigilant guardians waiting to attack real threats to liberty. I'm going by the actual number evidence whereas you seem to be going by what Kieth Olbermann told you on TV. But if I'm wrong on that point please correct me.

So my question to you, grahag, is this: How many times have you referred to the US Army as "whacko gun nuts"?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I happen to be a member of Oath Keepers. They really couldn't care less what the MSM says about them. They probably wouldn't want anyone who buys into CNN's garbage to support them or join anyway.

Having said that, it is absolutely laughable to brand Oath Keepers as "hatriots". They do nothing except exercise their constitutional rights and vow to protect the constitution. Hence the name, Oath Keepers. They are run by a good group of level-headed men who will not fire the first shot, and will not look for a reason to fire the first shot. This guy Avlon is an idiot. That much is obvious.

Edit: I wrote "Avery" instead of Avlon. I watched Zodiac today... Paul Avery was on my mind...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by OrphenFire]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
CNN

Do people really pay to watch their crap???

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkippingDog
As a retired police officer, military veteran, and concerned citizen, I believe the members of Oath Keepers have crossed a significant line and violated their own oaths of duty. Oath Keepers who are members of the military should be immediately discharged, as they can no longer uphold their obligations. Alternatively, they should be court martialed for treason and sentenced appropriately.

Oath Keepers who are employed as police officers, sheriff's deputies, or other public safety personnel should be immediately terminated from their position. Taking the Oath Keepers pledge places them in direct conflict with the Peace Officer Code of Ethics, and therefore makes them unqualified to have such authority.

I know the Oath Keepers will claim that they are just supporting the Constitution, but their pledge proves otherwise. These people can't be trusted with any level of official authority or power. They are likely to eventually violate their official obligations, and it would not be surprising if they were found to be diverting firarms, ammunition, and other ordnance from their branch or agency into the hands of some extremist groups.

Wow that's harsh. Not only should they lose their job, they should be court marshalled. And then automatically assumed as terrorists?

An this is the sane way to do things? for people who swore to defend the constitution, my God don't you realize with that attitude there'd still be slave auctions

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

What about us gun waving independents? When bush was in office I was in DC protesting the wars he had gotten us into. Oh and come to think of it I was also protesting the health care reform bill. Some of us are just pissed at how the government has been doing business for the past several decades. To paint all militia members as right wing nuts or left wing nuts for that matter, does a severe disservice for all involved.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
All of the publicity our militias are receiving have prompted me to look into joining one near me.

Way to go MSM!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

What about you?

If you're "3rd Party" then good for you. I was discussing the right wingers who are so angry (and bitter) about a Democrat being in office "removing" our liberties but yet, did nothing when Bush was in office.

I'm so proud (
) of you folks who consider yourselves "3rd party" but this isn't about you. It's about the insane morons who rather have Palin in the White House when we all know she should be NOWHERE near it...or anywhere near policy making.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Remember, you can be in a militia of one. All you need to do is stand vigilant along side your fellow citizens.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
"HATRIOTS?"...seriously?...hatriots. John "P on" Avlon wants us to take him seriously as some kind of social analyst/commentator when he's nothing but a snivvling little puke who came up with a silly catch phrase and unfortunately turned it into a book...I hope no one buys it and he starves to death.

WINGNUTS:How the lunatic fringe is highjacking america...more like

CHICKENNECKS: How msm shills and whores need to shut up.

p.s. I saw this idiot on BLANDERSON COOPER's show and the guy came off more like a failed standup comedian...but who on CNN doesn't.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hatriots, huh?
That is catchy.

You know it's funny how certain groups that profess to respect the constitution and democracy cry foul when the democratically elected President isn't the person they wanted in office nor doing what they wish him to. So now they are willing to overthrow the country to get their way. And in an ironic twist of fascism they don't care what the OTHER Americans may think about their military plans. They've decided they are the ones who know what is best for the rest of the country.

They even want to call the President a Nazi-Muslim (remember when that sort of thing was unpatriotic?) who loves to crush personal freedoms, but don't want to be called names themselves or else someone expressing their OWN freedoms over at CNN must be fired!!!

So what happens when Obamas' term(s) ends and we get another President in office?

Are people going to pretend they didn't think he was the prophesied anti-Christ that was here to end America and destroy all Christians with his Muslim super-powers and secret Negro army?

Gotta love America.

See you at the end of the world.
I'll be the one wearing the t-shirt with a pointing arrow that says "I'm With Stupid".

- Lee

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I was wondering, does anyone else question the timing of all of this? Especially in light of all the information coming out regarding the Government Plant?

It appears the government is trying to control the anger even before it starts… And the best place to start is with that “Hatriots”, and all those Cops and active/retired Military individuals who swore they will not attack nor violate the Constitution. To me this smells like a rotting Government Operation. And if the Government can keep the “truth’ hidden long enough, perhaps when the weather gets warmer people won’t take to the streets. With all the new information coming to light, its possible this whole government false flag/patriot attack could blow up in their faces (no pun intended.) Time will tell! All I know is something is horrifically wrong with this story, it stinks incredibly bad… stinky rotten to the core bad!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hatriot......assuming the root word here is indeed "hate", combined with "patriot" then yes in fact i am a patriot who hates. I hate injustice, I hate tyranny, most of all i hate the divide and conquer mentality... because it always works so well.

There is no Left and there is no Right.....they are one and the same.

And for those who say LE and/or military are wrong and should not be a part of this; I have one simple message:

I will continue to defend your liberty to say so. I will defend all Americans liberty to do whatever they please with their own lives, so long as they do not impose their will on another. Even that which I myself may find morally objectionable. Why? Because it's your life, not mine. I do not "cherry pick" parts of the constitution to defend, as one user put it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

I hate injustice, I hate tyranny, most of all i hate the divide and conquer mentality... because it always works so well.

I believe that this line of thinking just makes you a patriot. Good Job Sir!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Are you being serious? That's offensive to the men and women of both my entire family and those of everyone else's that serve in this country's military. I don't see how combat training, which unlike your claim takes place all the time, is a bad thing when that's what the military is built to do. My father as a chaplain was only required to do field time every three months as was my brother. If you're talking about PT which they do every morning then you are disillusioned if you believe doing pushups and running a few miles constitutes combat training. It's people of your mindset against the men and women that serve in our military that get terms like "hatriot" coined.

On topic, I believe that he is more than well within his constitutional rights to call the OK "hatriots". I personally have not inquired enough on their group to make up my mind but from what I've seen is they tend to back up the ultra conservative right. IMO they shouldn't take sides especially if they are intent on upholding the constitution. These militia groups are getting more and more dangerous especially the fringe groups like the recently raided.

I knew the guy raided in Sandusky, OH. My "surrogate" mom lives right across the street and saw the whole thing go down. He was mentally unstable and quite a radical which was obvious from his YouTube movies and all of the scary crap that he brought up in discussion. I can hands down tell you that if he's involved in a militia like this, Sandusky is the place to find five hundred more just like him if not worse. The raids were a GOOD thing. He had stockpiled unregistered weapons, ammunition, and materials to make explosives in the same trailer he shared with his wife and two children. Front page on the Register today, the ENTIRE front page. It would be another story if he wasn't stockpiling illegal weapons, and had them properly locked up especially with children around. You're telling me that you want people like this to protect you??

Yes, the people that keep the fringe movement are indeed "hatriots". For the ones that distance themselves and are true patriots will not get bad talk from me. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You are incorrect, Oversword. The law enforcement code of ethics requires officers to "obey the law and regulations of their department," not only the ones they agree with. Look it up at www.theiacp.org.

Second, the oath taken by enlisted military personnel requires them to fully obey the orders of their superiors. If they believe the order to be unlawful, the proper response is to obey and then challenge. If enlisted personnel challenge or defy the order, they are subject to court martial, during which their affirmative defense will be that the order was unlawful. Good luck with that.

No one can serve two masters. If someone wishes to have OathKeeper as their master, so be it. But don't pretend you can split your loyalty and sworn obligation.

The reason I believe such people pose a security risk is because their commitment seems to be somewhere outside their military or police organization. Therefore, like others with unclear loyalties, it is not a stretch to suggest that such people would divert arms should they decide it necessary to support their OathKeeper comrades. Other gangs do it all the time.

As to your doubt about my motives, there's nothing I can do for you. We all have our opinions, but real military and law enforcement professionals would never sully their reputation or career by becoming involved in a borderline extremist organization such as OathKeepers.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

That's because they are all bitter sore losers. Obama won the election. Get over it. You can have the right to complain about it but starting groups and walking around saying he should be impeached just because you dislike him proves you're an ignorant, vile, idiotic ape.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
By joining an organization such as OathKeepers, these officers and military personnel have already chosen a side - and it isn't the one they're wearing a uniform for. If they have any personal ethics, they should resign from their government position. Otherwise, they're merely spies and potential saboteurs. They should be held appropriately accountable.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

No, actually you're not interested in any opinion or position that would cause you to question your own conclusions. Anyone who includes the phrase "individual sovereignty" in their handle clearly has an agenda far outside normal discussion parameters.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

S&F They have to demonize anyone that does not want-

One world governance.
Abolition of country's sovereign borders.
Single world currency.
World social justice/world redistribution of wealth.
Elite control of all resources.
Elimination of individual freedoms of Life, Liberty, and Property.
Collectivist equalization except for those in control.
Elimination of individual belief systems.
Elimination of oaths to ancient relics like the Constitution.

I've lurked about on this site for years now.
I 've never felt I had any thoughts worthy of being posted alongside what I see here.
I finally worked up the nerve to post on another site.
It's the kind of site that's a mix of news, art, and some quirky stuff that I've read for years.
I was the first to post a comment about their article about the "Christian Militia". I expressed my concern that a CNN anchor using the term "suspected militia" alone in the intro made it sound like membership is a crime.
I continued to post what I thought were the reasonable points about how I didn't want live in "A Handmaids' Tale" or "1984" and I thought the media should be impartial.
Before long, I was given a lengthy tutorial from a Canadian member on my rights and my duties to my elected government officials and military and how my media had nothing to do with fascism.
I responded, somewhat snarkily, with a question about his government, his media, his military and the CAP I'd read about on this site. Shortly afterward, I was banned from that site.
I'm ashamed to say that I was hurt.
How could the website of an author whose career appears to built on guarding free speech ban me ? I've never been asked to leave anywhere. Am I now a conspiracy nut? Someones' crazy uncle?
Even worse, I had a terrible case of "sour grapes". I was sure that I wasn't being the drama queen then that I am now. I pictured those mods as martinets; bitter drag queens perched atop bar stools outside the popular gay club, letting only the right ones pass inside. Is there no place at any table now for me?
Oddly,I'm less concerned with my own rights now. I just don't want my siblings' children to live under anyones' thumb.
Who do I throw my feeble support behind now?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkippingDog

What is it about these 10 orders that you have a problem with? Remember the highly unconstitutional Alien and Sedition Act? Gun confiscations during Katrina? Why do you support unconstitutional orders?

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Stewart Rhodes explains Oath Keepers' mission:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join