It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors Products?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Don't say no one warned you when it happens. Don't come back here and post something like "I CANNOT BELIEVE my government is doing this!!!" - because here you stand, making fun of someone who is trying to warn you that if the government tells you what you will and will not have to buy, simply for being ALIVE, there is a good chance they can require you to do anything that they want.

Okay, I am going to go about this from a different angle, since the fact that this is a complete and utter fear-mongering hypothetical, that you all are buying.

Explain something to me: How can anyone force anyone to BUY anything?

4 words:

Mandatory health care insurance

The key word is "mandatory". Whether you happen to agree with our government as to whether it is a good idea or not isn't the issue here. If I am 25 years old and CHOOSE NOT to buy health care insurance because I see a doctor maybe once every 3 or 4 years, then I should NOT be forced to buy insurance that I don't want and don't need.

If I suffer an accident and am put back together for it in the ER the hospital will bill me. If I cannot pay, I will set up a pay arrangement with the hospital.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Come on Guys...Its a conspiracy website. Lets have some fun with it. Why wouldn't we want to deny ignorance and have a lively debate about where we feel things are going?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by VintageEnvy

Don't say no one warned you when it happens. Don't come back here and post something like "I CANNOT BELIEVE my government is doing this!!!" - because here you stand, making fun of someone who is trying to warn you that if the government tells you what you will and will not have to buy, simply for being ALIVE, there is a good chance they can require you to do anything that they want.

Okay, I am going to go about this from a different angle, since the fact that this is a complete and utter fear-mongering hypothetical, that you all are buying.

Explain something to me: How can anyone force anyone to BUY anything?

4 words:

The key word is "mandatory". Whether you happen to agree with our government as to whether it is a good idea or not isn't the issue here. If I am 25 years old and CHOOSE NOT to buy health care insurance because I see a doctor maybe once every 3 or 4 years, then I should NOT be forced to buy insurance that I don't want and don't need.

If I suffer an accident and am put back together for it in the ER the hospital will bill me. If I cannot pay, I will set up a pay arrangement with the hospital.

1)Paid for in taxes, not out of pocket.

2)Material possessions and health care are completely different.

A person cannot be forced to buy a material possession. It is impossible in every sense of the word.

Good lord

link   

4 words:

You're already paying for people who haven't paid their emergency bill in your taxes. With that in mind, why do you care that the same thing is now happening but this time you get help out of it too. Your 25 so guess what, your automatically back on your parents insurance. Congrats.

link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Did you read your own source? It is an outlandish hypothetical. It is sensationalism, nothing more.

Your thread title is "Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors". That is a flat out lie.

This thread needs to be removed.

Yes it is a hypothetical. My question is also a hypothetical. Universal health-care at one time was also a hypothetical.

You just DO Not GET It, do you? Health Care may have been Hypothetical because it was for and benefitting the People!!! It wasn't brought about to benefit a Company. It wasn't brought in to Benefit the Insurance Companies. It was Looked at to benefit the
P E O P L E
How can forcing people to Buy a GM Product or any other companies Product going to Benefit the Population?

Crikey, Some people just can't see the wood from the trees..

HOOOOOLLLLDDDD ONNNN!!!!!

What your saying is the ends justify the means?

It's OKAY for the government to force me to buy something as long as it is BENEFICIAL TO THE PEOPLE???

Think VERY hard on that before you answer.

link   

Come on Guys...Its a conspiracy website. Lets have some fun with it. Why wouldn't we want to deny ignorance and have a lively debate about where we feel things are going?

The ignorance here is in thinking this could actually happen.

So yes, let's deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

1)Paid for in taxes, not out of pocket.

2)Material possessions and health care are completely different.

A person cannot be forced to buy a material possession. It is impossible in every sense of the word.

Good lord

OMG!!! And just WHO pays those taxes in the first place!? I DO!

It doesn't matter if I'm 25 or 35! If I decide NOT to buy health insurnace THAT IS MY decision and no one else's! I should not be taxed to buy MYSELF health insurance that I DON'T WANT!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf

Did you read your own source? It is an outlandish hypothetical. It is sensationalism, nothing more.

Your thread title is "Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors". That is a flat out lie.

maybe not but if the annointed one and his cronies can make you buy inurance then what is to stop them from making you buy what they want you to buy... hypothetical , Yes...and it might be, but what is to stop them... especially if they can fine and lock you up for not having insurance and what is to stop them from doing the same thing on products that support his ass...

See, and right here you give yourself and those that are actually backing this garbage away.

"the annointed one" "his ass"....

This isnt about the article. This is about obama bashing.

Pathetic.

yep.... but you must like all he is doing so I say it like it is... we (for now) still have some constitutional rights...till he gets done...

that's the way it is mister... he is what he is.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

no # man... of course it is hypothetical... it was meant to be... and your problem is you do not like anyone speaking out against your obama... so you might ought to just accept the fact that not every one is getting the tingle up the leg over this guy...

link   
well the merger of corporate and government corporations has been completed. welcome to Fascist States of America. what else is left to say.

link   
reply to post by lilwolf

About the response I expected. I am not an obama supporter.

However, to look at this hypothetical situation and use it as a means to claim that obama is taking away our constitutional rights only goes further to show that it is about your hatred for him, and not anything of actual substance.

Hate on!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Because there's a danger in just letting things like this sit. All the lies and myths about things like 'death panels' lost us the public option which would've been wonderful. Half truths and downright deceptiveness have to be called out and fixed for that very matter, before it gets on Fox news and scares everyone.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
They will never "mandate" everyone buying a new car. What they could do, however, is be a lot more subtle.

Say, for instance, TPTB decide to save us all from ourselves again, which they seem readily willing to do more and more. They merely pass a law that all vehicles must meet certain air standards, as set by the EPA. Cars over a certain age will not be allowed to be sold to anyone except recycling centers.

In a few years anyone wanting a car will have to buy a new or nearly new vehicle if they don't want to walk.

We must do it for the childrens

If it benefitted the Population, Why not? It's your choice to Drive a Car. If you want to Drive a Car that's Old and emits Pollution that I have to Breathe, well?

It's easily fixed for you. Don't buy a Car. You need not worry about that probelm ever again..

To be on point, Japan already has that System. If you own a Car that's a few years old, it no longer complies with the Emission Law.. Japan makes you pay more in registration fees. That's the way Japan get's around it. Why do you think there are so many Japanes Grey Imports Coming in to other Countries? It opened up an entirely new Economy. A lot of Japans Second Hand cars go to other countries where the Emissions Law isn't so Strict.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

paying for it in taxes is still out of my pocket is it not? That was my money and not the governments... and yet you condone them stealing it and applying all the crap they want to impose upon all of us... Good Lord!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

paying for it in taxes is still out of my pocket is it not? That was my money and not the governments... and yet you condone them stealing it and applying all the crap they want to impose upon all of us... Good Lord!!!!

Do you complain about the taxes YOU ARE ALREADY PAYING that cover those that cant afford health care?

[snip]

Removed uncivil comment

[edit on 30/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

4 words:

You're already paying for people who haven't paid their emergency bill in your taxes. With that in mind, why do you care that the same thing is now happening but this time you get help out of it too. Your 25 so guess what, your automatically back on your parents insurance. Congrats.

Do you mean Medicaid? Again, if I myself had an accident and was unable to pay for doctor care then I could also apply for Medicaid benefits to help me with the cost. That's assuming I NEEDED Medicaid.

What we're talking about here is a whopping big tax increase, forcing me to have something that I may not want.

Health INSURANCE is a PRODUCT, like any other product on the market.

If My government is so concerned that 30+ million people aren't getting medical attention, then why are they forcing them to buy a PRODUCT instead of buying their medical care for them at a reduced rate straight from the doctors?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by lilwolf

About the response I expected. I am not an obama supporter.

However, to look at this hypothetical situation and use it as a means to claim that obama is taking away our constitutional rights only goes further to show that it is about your hatred for him, and not anything of actual substance.

Hate on!

good neither am I... and the constitutional rights issue... you need to see how they just pulled off the last debacle before you spout off on him and his cronies having done nothing...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

How can forcing people to Buy a GM Product or any other companies Product going to Benefit the Population?

It would benefit the American people by keeping GM solvent and not begging for another bailout. It would also help GM pay back its debt to the government. Plus it would keep people employed.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

no # man... of course it is hypothetical... it was meant to be... and your problem is you do not like anyone speaking out against your obama... so you might ought to just accept the fact that not every one is getting the tingle up the leg over this guy...

Your obama?
Playing right out of the textbook i see.

tell you what, when you actually have something to contribute, and not you asinine little comments, come on back.

otherwise, go hang out with your KKK brothers and spread your hate that way. You'll get further.

KKK brothers..... not to likely mister... that is the best line of false accusation I have seen in a good while....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join