It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors Products?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by lilwolf
reply to post by captaintyinknots

paying for it in taxes is still out of my pocket is it not? That was my money and not the governments... and yet you condone them stealing it and applying all the crap they want to impose upon all of us... Good Lord!!!!

Do you complain about the taxes YOU ARE ALREADY PAYING that cover those that cant afford health care?

If not, you better shut up.

actually mister...I really do and does it do any good... nope and in the near future you weatch how fast and high they go up... considering that we are now going to have to pay for lazy asses that do nothing... yet , apparently you think it is all good and well to take what I worked hard for and give it to those that do nothing.... why is that?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Originally posted by Damian-007

How can forcing people to Buy a GM Product or any other companies Product going to Benefit the Population?

It would benefit the American people by keeping GM solvent and not begging for another bailout. It would also help GM pay back its debt to the government. Plus it would keep people employed.

There's just not going to be any way for you to get the point, is there?

That stills does not Benefit the American Population, does it?
But if you insist on taking that line of direction, let's say GM did go Bankrupt, right? What do you think would happen then?

You're taxes woud then be raised to cover all the people who are now on Unemployment.

That'll suit you though. It will give you something else to Bitch about.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

1)Paid for in taxes, not out of pocket.

I pay for my health insurance, monthly. A monthly PAYMENT. "PAY"ment. Paid for by me, MONTHLY. Oh yeah, I also have taxes withheld.

This isn't only about paying higher taxes (which, BTW, are also included-in many different forms-in the bill), but it's also about PURCHASING policies. The end of the year "tax" that many think will be added to those who do not provide proof of pre-purchased plans, is not a "tax". Don't confuse "tax-rates" with "credits/refunds". Not the same thing.

2)Material possessions and health care are completely different.

Is a 'service' the same as a 'product'? The business legal and financial sectors believe they are one of the same. While a physical product may retain some of it's value, over a period of time, a service loses it's value immediately.

So, at least if I were 'forced' to buy a physical product, I'd actually have something to touch, feel, smell, taste. Instead, I'm being forced to buy a service that I may or may not use. No material value.

A person cannot be forced to buy a material possession. It is impossible in every sense of the word.

Good lord

This would be different if it were merely a tax increase. This is what I do not get. I can understand raising taxes to pay for bills, passed by Congress, but monitoring my purchase of a private service? Unbelievable!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

actually mister...I really do and does it do any good... nope and in the near future you weatch how fast and high they go up... considering that we are now going to have to pay for lazy asses that do nothing... yet , apparently you think it is all good and well to take what I worked hard for and give it to those that do nothing.... why is that?

I'd rather let 100 murderers go free then put 1 innocent man to death. Id rather pay for 100 'lazy' people to get health coverage (while they in turn help pay for mine btw) then let 1 person die from something that they could've survived having health insurance.

We shouldnt have this problem here, and hopefully this bill is the first step in helping that to not happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
I'd rather let 100 murderers go free then put 1 innocent man to death. Id rather pay for 100 'lazy' people to get health coverage (while they in turn help pay for mine btw) then let 1 person die from something that they could've survived having health insurance.

We shouldnt have this problem here, and hopefully this bill is the first step in helping that to not happen.

See, this is where it gets a little murky. You're asking that 99% pay for the benefit of 1%.

This is Utopia thinking. If there is such a thing, I'd love to tag along.

Unfortunately, life is a little more realistic and much less forgiving. Nature just won't allow it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
For those saying it wont happen, I'm looking around and seeing it happening now. Yes starting with the health care, I either pay one way or another. I either give my money to an insurance company, or option B give my money as a tax to the government so the can give my money to an insurance company.
What is the correct spelling I'm looking for,

Fascism, , is a political ideology that seeks to combine radical and authoritarian nationalism with a corporatist economic system, and which is usually considered to be on the far right of the traditional left-right political spectrum. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

feudalism - Any system that resembles the one used in the middle ages, where the people provided labour and military service to a lord in return for the use of his land. A form of contractual servitude.
www.reasoned.org/glossary.htm

Follow the yellow brick road !

Seen this coming right after the vote!

Throw it ALL at them. Healthcare, Homecare, Autocare, Educare, Foodcare, Pleasurecare!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

personally I would rather take the 100 murderers and put a bullet in them and use the funds they have cost or would cost to pay for sdome lazy ass you wish to support... I do not ike the fact that my tax money is going to some person that is abusing the system and has no intention of doing anything to better themselves...
And the idea of living in a small bubble world is impossible and if it is there I would like to see how it works... because this type of thing has been tried in history and every time it has done more harm than good and in all cases it has failed... and you want to do it again???

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by lilwolf

About the response I expected. I am not an obama supporter.

However, to look at this hypothetical situation and use it as a means to claim that obama is taking away our constitutional rights only goes further to show that it is about your hatred for him, and not anything of actual substance.

Hate on!

good neither am I... and the constitutional rights issue... you need to see how they just pulled off the last debacle before you spout off on him and his cronies having done nothing...

Not much for reading comprehension i see. Or is it just that you think that if you claim someone said somethiing, others will beleive it?

I never claimed he was or wasnt doing anything. I pointed out your asinine logic that this hypothetical, impossible situation is an example of him taking away rights.

Its a lie. Its false. Its pathetic.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The thread title is in the form of a question so I dont see where it's offensive or misleading. It suggests coming up with an answer, and I imagine we'll have one soon enough when one of the stellar fellars in DC wrap their brain around another possible revenue stream they can suck dry.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

paying for it in taxes is still out of my pocket is it not? That was my money and not the governments... and yet you condone them stealing it and applying all the crap they want to impose upon all of us... Good Lord!!!!

Do you complain about the taxes YOU ARE ALREADY PAYING that cover those that cant afford health care?

If not, you better shut up.

Again, it is a sign of a low IQ to put words in another's mouth, or claim you know what they are thinking. SO well done there, again.

So everyone that cant afford health care is just lazy and doesnt do anything?

Man, i wish the real world was that black and white...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
The thread title is in the form of a question so I dont see where it's offensive or misleading. It suggests coming up with an answer, and I imagine we'll have one soon enough when one of the stellar fellars in DC wrap their brain around another possible revenue stream they can suck dry.

It wasnt a question when the thread started.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by lilwolf

However, to look at this hypothetical situation and use it as a means to claim that obama is taking away our constitutional rights only goes further to show that it is about your hatred for him, and not anything of actual substance.

Hate on!

good neither am I... and the constitutional rights issue... you need to see how they just pulled off the last debacle before you spout off on him and his cronies having done nothing...

Not much for reading comprehension i see. Or is it just that you think that if you claim someone said somethiing, others will beleive it?

I never claimed he was or wasnt doing anything. I pointed out your asinine logic that this hypothetical, impossible situation is an example of him taking away rights.

here lets see if you have any comprehension to the word as follows:

hy..............po..............thet..............i...........cal.......

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by lilwolf

Hate on!

here lets see if you have any comprehension to the word as follows:

hy..............po..............thet..............i...........cal.......

Yet you are trying to use it as an example of what obama is doing wrong.

Cant have it both ways there little guy.

Either its hypothetical, or its your argument to back up your claims. It cant be both(and either way you choose, you are exposed as nothing more than a troll)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

the op is hypothetical... and clrearly you never specified what part you did not like...

and my statements against the obamam are accrate.

www.cnn.com...

voices.washingtonpost.com...

now here is a good question for you and you need to think about it for awhile before you ramble on..

Has obama violated the seperation of powers?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

It works out well for the govt in Japan. Taxes, taxes and more taxes.

A good bit of the U.S. population does not have access to public transportation and can't afford to drive a new or newer car.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
To the blind people shouting the government cannot do whatever, get real!

The government CAN tell you to Jump in the Furnace and burn....

They have before...

You're like the guys who told the Wright Brothers they could not fly, it is impossible! Except you are telling them that in 1910...a bit late...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I see someone is REALLY losing this debate and is getting really angry.

Already pulled the race card, accused someone of having the same IQ as them.

Said the thread has to be closed.

What debate techniques are these?

Health Insurance=Product

Mandate=Forced

Future possibility=more forced purchases of products.

Hopefully laying it out as a SIMPLE math formula will help.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hypothetically they could also nudge you into what they want you to do by making it fiscally inhibiting through taxes to make the choices you want to make. They wouldnt HAVE to flat out make it illegal and quite the contrary by adding to the 80 some thousand pages of current tax code.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Yep Sorry, I forgot the question mark. Just guilty of bad punctuation. You get a star anyway because I like your post

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm going to jump in now.

When the government writes and passes a law that says you have to purchase this product or we will either tax you for not purchasing it, or throw you in jail for not paying the tax, then the government can tell you to do what ever they want.

Don't think it will come to the government telling you to buy a GM product? The government already owns 60% interest in GM so what is stopping them from pulling the same thing? You can buy that Honda or Ford, but upon doing so you have to pay a 50% extra tax.

Want to take out a school loan? Okay that's fine but you have to get a federal loan because you have to pay a tax on that private loan for every payment that you make.

And so on and so forth. The point is that we are beyond hypothetical at this point and this is reality, if the mandate in the Health Care bill is allowed to stand. Also the mandate for buying a GM product will come in the form of well the faster you get them to turn a profit the faster we can sell our interest in the company. Which for all intents and purposes they have no intentions selling.

Also people respect words on paper because with out respecting those words, the world would complete and utter chaos.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Light of Night]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join