It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors Products?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What the Op's article is saying that it set's LEGAL precedent. In adjudicating the principle that the government CAN force you to buy something using monetary confiscation and threat of other legal action by the courts.
Some here need to do some research on this bill a little more. They CAN and indeed intend to force you to buy a product against your will if you so choose to ignore the tenants of this bill.. Period!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I agree, I saw 'the anointed one' and just rolled my eyes. It's getting hard to even come to this site anymore because the sick to my stomach feeling I get over all the Obama bashing threads is getting too much.

You can't even debate with these people because they call him the anointed one which makes no sense and shows how deep they're lost. Hannity FTL

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

WAKE UP!

This bickering over a hypothetical situation is nonesense.

Do any of you actually see that this "idea" is just a bit of paper in someones office, and can make you do nothing you don't want it to?

Who cares if the title is sensationalist, or if the Government is going to try to make you buy cars, because it says so on a bit of paper somewhere....

Are you all brain dead?

Sometimes I wonder.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
[Explain something to me: How can anyone force anyone to BUY anything?

Usually I walk away but that statement is so ignorant it makes my head spin

Have you been living under a rock for the last week? YOU were just forced to BUY health insurance OMG I know MSM is crap but do you even read the newspaper

And, the OP says nothing about Obama.

Actually, no i wasnt forced to buy healthcare. Nice try though.

also, a car is not the same as health coverage, and to claim it is is downright stupid. A material thing cannot be forced upon anyone.

Again, you are pathetic.

EVERYONE WATCH OUT! THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO FORCE US ALL TO BUY CARS FROM GM. THE SKY IS FALLING!

Seriously, do you realize how idiotic, impossible, and ignorant that sounds?

Again, enjoy swimming in your paranoia. Must be a tough existence when the whole world is out to get you.

And the OP didnt have to say anything about Obama. The stance is quite clear.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

No, they dont get it. Its quite obvious.

link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
What the Op's article is saying that it set's LEGAL precedent. In adjudicating the principle that the government CAN force you to buy something using monetary confiscation and threat of other legal action by the courts.
Some here need to do some research on this bill a little more. They CAN and indeed intend to force you to buy a product against your will if you so choose to ignore the tenants of this bill.. Period!

Zindo

Zindo, you appear to have missed my earlier post. Here it is below, just for you:

"

Originally posted by dampnickers
Ah, here we go.

More mental illness. It seems to be spreading like wildfire.

Here's an example:

I have ten friends.
We all have a plan.
You have a nice car.
We want the car.
I draw up a long list of actions on some paper detailing how I am going to take your car.
At the bottom of this list, I write that you have to agree to these actions, because my friends and I have signed it.
It also says that if you don't agree, we will take you, against your will, to a room at my house, and make you watch Barney the Dinosaur until you are "rehabilitated".
We all sign the page.
I arrive at your house, and you tell me to p#ss off.
I run off crying to my friends, because my scary paper didn't work.
They accompany me back to your house.
You open the door, and it seems you have more friends than me.
We leave you alone.

Are you getting the point yet?

These GIMPS are putting words on paper. They can make you do NO THING against your will.

Just words on paper.

Any belief that words on paper make you do things, is, in my opinion, mental illness and a serious one at that.

It's time to wake up.

Another example:
I wake up.
Someone has posted, pay me £500.00 now or I'm going to come and act all scary at your house, and take stuff if you let me in (Bailiff).
This is for an unpaid parking ticket.
The door bell rings.
I open the door.
It's the bailiff.
He asks to come in, and is a tall heavy man, with a "friend".
I tell him to p#ss off and close the door.
He tells me through the door he will be back with the police.
I tell him to go ahead, and if he trespasses on my land again, I'll arrest him.
I shout after him that I have him on film, and will prossecute for intimidation, terrorism (suspected), racketeering, and so on.
I never see the bailiff again.
TRUE STORY.

link   

[Explain something to me: How can anyone force anyone to BUY anything?

Usually I walk away but that statement is so ignorant it makes my head spin

Have you been living under a rock for the last week? YOU were just forced to BUY health insurance OMG I know MSM is crap but do you even read the newspaper

And, the OP says nothing about Obama.

You are being forced to Buy Health Cover with your TAXES..

It's a little bit different than actually Taking money out of your Poacket and then telling you have to BUY this or that.

Now, IF it's in the Countries Interest to keep their Population Healthy and Strong, If it Benifits Everyone, Regardless of Age, Race, Religion and beliefs then Why Not?

I Would Rather one or two percent of my income go to getting Health Cover so that when I or anyone of my Loved Ones got sick or injured I had the Comfort and Security of knowing that my Country is looking after me and my Family.

If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times. People who are aginst this Mandatory Health Care Scheme are the first to cry if they get turned away from a Hospital or Doctors Surgery if they don't have Health Cover.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It seems that the denial of ignorance often escapes me. It seems that I am often ignorant of the fact that people just do not see this idea that paper cannot tell you to do anything. That men in suits have no authority, unless you give it to them.

I often despair at the human race, and wonder if we really deserve anything better than extinction.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Several things:
1) The title of the article to which there is a link is: Rep. Burgess: Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors Products If Obamacare Mandate Upheld .
So that is not a problem in my eyes and if you were to follow the link, you would see such.
2) But the point that the congressmen who were interviewed were in agreement, if the mandate on healthcare is upheld, if it is made to be legal, then it can open the door for the US Federal government to expand on such to mandate that the citizens do purchase things beyond just health care. Consider this: What would the stopping point be before the public state enough is enough, where do we as citizens say wait a minute, it is my life, my choice, my right to free will and push back against the government? If you consider the ramifications of this healthcare bill, a person has to purchase health insurance, but why stop there? The federal government could go into mandating on what you can eat, after all according to that same government alot of americans are overweight, so now we can mandate that you have to eat so many salads and other health foods to maintain a healthy lifestyle. But why stop there, how about we look at where you live and now mandate that certain people can only live in certain parts of the country, due to health concerns? Or even what you can drive, purchase, what colleges you can go to, what job fields you are able to go into. That is what the congressmen are stating, that this is a door that no one wants to go into, or should be open as it gives the federal government a foot in the door.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

And you need to realize certain pieces of paper can absolutely ruin your and your families life real easy in the hands of some government official. You think you can ignore the law and get away with it? Be my guest. I know plenty of lawyers that are just chafing at the bit waiting for your one call from a cell. Your the one that needs to get real amigo. This happens to people ALL the time!
Zindo

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They will never "mandate" everyone buying a new car. What they could do, however, is be a lot more subtle.

Say, for instance, TPTB decide to save us all from ourselves again, which they seem readily willing to do more and more. They merely pass a law that all vehicles must meet certain air standards, as set by the EPA. Cars over a certain age will not be allowed to be sold to anyone except recycling centers.

In a few years anyone wanting a car will have to buy a new or nearly new vehicle if they don't want to walk.

We must do it for the childrens

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Complete and utter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d44270e0b37.jpg[/atsimg]

Just tell me one thing before going on perma-Ignore. How much are they paying you?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Complete and utter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d44270e0b37.jpg[/atsimg]

Just tell me one thing before going on perma-Ignore. How much are they paying you?

Wow. Please just ignore me. If this is your idea of productive talk, or backing yourself up at all, you are quite foolish.

Swim in your paranoia friend. Just please try not to drown.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
This happens to people ALL the time!
Zindo

Does it? Or does it happen to people that don't realise that paper has no meaning on their lives, unless they wish it.

Why do you think you need a lawyer to speak for you in court? Are you suddenly deaf and mute because you entered a court room? Why do lawyers us a TOTALLY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE to the rest of the human race????

You suggested that I am now above the "law". I tell you that where I live, I am above the "law". The law I live by, and the one I am not above is this:

Do no harm and cause no loss to another human being, in what is said and done.

All the statutes and Acts of Parliament are nothing more than paper.

Imagine this:

I have a box of matches.
I have the keys to the room with the statute roll, and computers storing the digital copies.
I open the door and light the nearest stack of paper.
DAMN.
No more statutes, no more "law"....

People automatically know what's right and wrong. If we all grew spines/balls/whatever we might actually solve 90% of the problems in our community overnight.

We outnumber the bullies in suits 1000's to 1.... and yet you are scared of a bit of paper.

Curious.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Did you read your own source? It is an outlandish hypothetical. It is sensationalism, nothing more.

Your thread title is "Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors". That is a flat out lie.

This thread needs to be removed.

Yes it is a hypothetical. My question is also a hypothetical. Universal health-care at one time was also a hypothetical.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

WAKE UP!

This bickering over a hypothetical situation is nonesense.

Do any of you actually see that this "idea" is just a bit of paper in someones office, and can make you do nothing you don't want it to?

Who cares if the title is sensationalist, or if the Government is going to try to make you buy cars, because it says so on a bit of paper somewhere....

Are you all brain dead?

Sometimes I wonder.

Forget about it. I have found that there are a lot of "Brain Dead" people on this site. You can have the facts right in front of their face and they still argue the point. I've seen it happen too many times now to worry about it.

It's a Hypothetical Story on a peice of paper found in an office of a politician. this is what makes it Juicy for the masses.

If that peice of paper was on my desk, no-one would take any notice of it at all..

I just wish that some people would wake up and realise that not Everthing has to be bad. I wish people would stop Dramatising the Health Care Bill. But, whetting a Sensationalists appetite, it never will.

You watch, No-one in a few years time is going to worry about a few dollars coming out of their Tax to pay for Health Care. It'll will be the Best thing to happen to the American Population and Benefit so many people for the Good of America, not the bad..

Saying people are going to be forced to buy a GM product or any other product is just another outlet for people to Argue about the Health Care Scheme again.. That's all.

How people can actually compare the two, well, it's got me beat..

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My most humblest apologies to anyone that this has confused. It was meant to be a question and not a statement. I was remiss in adding a

" ? "

This has now been corrected. Flame on

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
My most humblest apologies to anyone that this has confused. It was meant to be a question and not a statement. I was remiss in adding a

" ? "

This has now been corrected. Flame on

Okay.

So to answer it as a question then, no, they cannot. No they will not.

End of thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

See, I think the problem is your thinking of a 'bit of paper'. The paper itself is meaningless yes but the idea behind whats written on it is powerful. Thats what everyone is talking about. No law is truly enforceable, its a give and take situation.

I'll agree to go the speed limit so I don't have to pay a fine. And, in return I hopefully wont get plowed down by someone going 90 in a 30. It comes down to what your willing to give up to get back something in return.

I'm willing to give up a little money to make sure that myself and other people don't die from things they could've been cured from if caught early enough but they didn't have money to get tested.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Did you read your own source? It is an outlandish hypothetical. It is sensationalism, nothing more.

Your thread title is "Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors". That is a flat out lie.

This thread needs to be removed.

Yes it is a hypothetical. My question is also a hypothetical. Universal health-care at one time was also a hypothetical.

You just DO Not GET It, do you? Health Care may have been Hypothetical because it was for and benefitting the People!!! It wasn't brought about to benefit a Company. It wasn't brought in to Benefit the Insurance Companies. It was Looked at to benefit the
P E O P L E
How can forcing people to Buy a GM Product or any other companies Product going to Benefit the Population?

Crikey, Some people just can't see the wood from the trees..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join