It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors Products?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
News Snippet:
(CNSNews.com) – Representative Michael Burgess (R-Texas) told CNSNews.com that if the mandate in the health care law requiring individuals to purchase health insurance or be penalized is upheld by the courts, the federal government could mandate anything, such as requiring all Americans to purchase a General Motors car.

Source:
cnsnews.com...

A couple of years ago if someone were to tell you that the US government planned to mandate that you purchase health insurance you would have told them that they were crazy. I know I would have. Many of our responses would have been that they do not have the inclination nor the power to do such a thing.

Fast forward a couple of years and now look at where we are. Now we are debating things that seemed a few years ago as crazy talk. Now this? Is this now a real possibility? Where would the possibilities end for mandated purchases? How far would or could they go in telling you what you could spend your money on?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Did you read your own source? It is an outlandish hypothetical. It is sensationalism, nothing more.

Your thread title is "Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors". That is a flat out lie.

This thread needs to be removed.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Did you read your own source? It is an outlandish hypothetical. It is sensationalism, nothing more.

Your thread title is "Government Can Force Us to Buy General Motors". That is a flat out lie.

I disagree. I think you just hate the subject matter.

His thread is fine, he was discussing the hypothetical possibility that was brought forward by Rep. Michael Burgess(R).

This is a distinct possibility though, since the .Gov thinks they have authority to do whatever they want.

Which they do not have this authority, they are tyrants.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I disagree. I think you just hate the subject matter.

His thread is fine, he was discussing the hypothetical possibility that was brought forward by Rep. Michael Burgess(R).

This is a distinct possibility though, since the .Gov thinks they have authority to do whatever they want.

Which they do not have this authority, they are tyrants.

Read the source. It is a complete hypothetical. Yet the title of the thread states it as fact.

That, friend, is the definition of a lie, and a hoax.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ah, here we go.

More mental illness. It seems to be spreading like wildfire.

Here's an example:

I have ten friends.
We all have a plan.
You have a nice car.
We want the car.
I draw up a long list of actions on some paper detailing how I am going to take your car.
At the bottom of this list, I write that you have to agree to these actions, because my friends and I have signed it.
It also says that if you don't agree, we will take you, against your will, to a room at my house, and make you watch Barney the Dinosaur until you are "rehabilitated".
We all sign the page.
I arrive at your house, and you tell me to p#ss off.
I run off crying to my friends, because my scary paper didn't work.
They accompany me back to your house.
You open the door, and it seems you have more friends than me.
We leave you alone.

Are you getting the point yet?

These GIMPS are putting words on paper. They can make you do NO THING against your will.

Just words on paper.

Any belief that words on paper make you do things, is, in my opinion, mental illness and a serious one at that.

It's time to wake up.

Another example:
I wake up.
Someone has posted, pay me £500.00 now or I'm going to come and act all scary at your house, and take stuff if you let me in (Bailiff).
This is for an unpaid parking ticket.
The door bell rings.
I open the door.
It's the bailiff.
He asks to come in, and is a tall heavy man, with a "friend".
I tell him to p#ss off and close the door.
He tells me through the door he will be back with the police.
I tell him to go ahead, and if he trespasses on my land again, I'll arrest him.
I shout after him that I have him on film, and will prossecute for intimidation, terrorism (suspected), racketeering, and so on.
I never see the bailiff again.
TRUE STORY.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by dampnickers]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This goes along the lines of the argument against gay marriage being, "What if a pedophile wanted to marry a child, that could one day happen if we say it's ok for gay people to get married." It is a scare tactic that has no merit and will not happen.

The republican party is grasping at straws to keep the loathing of this bill going since it passed and people are going to start to see the help and possibilities it will give people.

They tried their darndest to make sure it didn't pass, they dont want us to like it cause they want the ruling power back.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Don't say no one warned you when it happens. Don't come back here and post something like "I CANNOT BELIEVE my government is doing this!!!" - because here you stand, making fun of someone who is trying to warn you that if the government tells you what you will and will not have to buy, simply for being ALIVE, there is a good chance they can require you to do anything that they want.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I clicked on this Thread because I thought it was Factual.

The OP needs to reword the Title to reflect the Content.

No one can make you "BUY" anything you don't want.

I can't happen, Won't happen and putting threads up like this is just asking for trouble..

Why would you want to mislead people, anyway?

As far as mandatory Health Insurance. I have to agree with it. If you want to be healthy, have a healthy Population of people and let's face it. People get Sick and injured. It's no good that one get's health cover and one does not.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Please quit crying about thread titles. A little sensationalism never hurts, just look at all the top threads!

OP, this is actually not a stretch. Emboldened at this latest debacle, why wouldn't TPTB keep forcing stuff on us? I mean that's what their corporate friends keep whispering in their ears...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Don't say no one warned you when it happens. Don't come back here and post something like "I CANNOT BELIEVE my government is doing this!!!" - because here you stand, making fun of someone who is trying to warn you that if the government tells you what you will and will not have to buy, simply for being ALIVE, there is a good chance they can require you to do anything that they want.

Read my last post... I do hope you and others here start to wake up soon. Time really is running short.

The only scary thing, is that you actually believe in this "government" thing. You are actually master of yourself. You don't need anyone to tell you what to do, you already know what is right and wrong. Learn to realise this, please.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by dampnickers]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So, now the massive Toyota recall suddenly makes sense!

Can you say "crab mentality"?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Okay, I am going to go about this from a different angle, since the fact that this is a complete and utter fear-mongering hypothetical, that you all are buying.

Explain something to me: How can anyone force anyone to BUY anything?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Please quit crying about thread titles. A little sensationalism never hurts, just look at all the top threads!

OP, this is actually not a stretch. Emboldened at this latest debacle, why wouldn't TPTB keep forcing stuff on us? I mean that's what their corporate friends keep whispering in their ears...

I am crying about nothing. This is a flat out lie, meant to do nothing but promote fear and dissent.

You are unbelievable. Have fun in your paranoia.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

maybe not but if the annointed one and his cronies can make you buy inurance then what is to stop them from making you buy what they want you to buy... hypothetical , Yes...and it might be, but what is to stop them... especially if they can fine and lock you up for not having insurance and what is to stop them from doing the same thing on products that support his ass...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I agree Signals.

I forgot exactly which cars are GM and went for a lookie loo on the GM website and wow I forgot they own so many different car companies! They even had a "click here for specials offers for Lexus and Toyota Owners"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

And who am I making fun of again? Paying taxes into a universal healthcare system is crazy different then the government forcing me to purchase GE fridges. My money is going towards not only providing myself with better care but you and others as well.

If you hate it, go somewhere else. But you wont go somewhere else because you still in your opinion have it better here then you would somewhere else. It's called progress and we're still leaps behind everyone else in healthcare and I cant wait until that is fixed. In 10 years you'll be so glad they passed this.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf

maybe not but if the annointed one and his cronies can make you buy inurance then what is to stop them from making you buy what they want you to buy... hypothetical , Yes...and it might be, but what is to stop them... especially if they can fine and lock you up for not having insurance and what is to stop them from doing the same thing on products that support his ass...

See, and right here you give yourself and those that are actually backing this garbage away.

"the annointed one" "his ass"....

This isnt about the article. This is about obama bashing.

Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I hate to tell you this but, if you believe it's going to happen then you must believe Unicorns Exist as well. Do Fairies live in your Garden?

It can never "Happen". It Can't Happen and It never will. A Government telling it's people that they have to buy a Particular Companies Product is Absurd.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

I agree Signals.

I forgot exactly which cars are GM and went for a lookie loo on the GM website and wow I forgot they own so many different car companies! They even had a "click here for specials offers for Lexus and Toyota Owners"

All car companies own different companies. That is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

[Explain something to me: How can anyone force anyone to BUY anything?

Usually I walk away but that statement is so ignorant it makes my head spin

Have you been living under a rock for the last week? YOU were just forced to BUY health insurance OMG I know MSM is crap but do you even read the newspaper

And, the OP says nothing about Obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join