It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Anunnaki alien race, the same hindu gods???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PopSecretMission

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by PopSecretMission
reply to post by ucalien

I'm with you on that the Anunnaki are the same as the Hindu gods. And more than that, too. They were the Babylonian gods, the Egyptian gods, Christian gods, etc. And even outside of physical evidences, there are so many correlations between their stories.

"The Anunnaki" is not a term that refers to all the Sumerian gods.

They are a subset of the pantheon of Sumer (called the Anunna to Sumerians - Anunnaki as a term came much later.)

They were the underworld gods.

The Igigi were the gods in the sky.

Harte

I never uttered the word Sumer or Sumerian. And how could Anunnaki refer to the Underworld gods when the word itself means "those who from Heaven to Earth came"?

Because, in fact, the term actually translates as the "Sons of An" as far as the Anunna, and the "Sons of An in Mesopotamia" for the term Anunnaki. ("Ki" was the term for their country - which the fringe translates as "Earth.")

An was the chief god.

Note that An was obviously not one of the Anunna (nor the Anunnaki.)

I realize you made no statement about Sumer. However, you are using a Babylonian word that derives from the original Sumerian term, as I pointed out.

Harte

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm a Hindu, but I am also a man of science who is quite open to any new findings and idealogy. I also believe as a man of science, we should not ignore the striking and undeniable similarities between the Sumerian Gods and the Hindu Gods. I did a minor comparison between these 2 civilizations and I found some striking similarities between these 2 teachings.

I say this because the similarities does not end therewith the Gods, for example the 7 Sages refferred to in the Sumerian Texts who was assigned to guide mankind are strikingly similar with the 7 Sages described in the Hindu Scriptures whom as better known as the Saptarishis (Sapta = 7, Rishis = Sages).

These Sages are well known throughout the Hindu Community as they are reffered to in many Hindu Texts and stories. They are very important beings assigned by the 3 Main Gods (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva also reffered to as the Tri-Murthis a kind of Holy Trinity) to guide mankind. It was said that the Tri-Murthis was created by the Absolute Reality reffered to as Adi Parashakti.
The names of these Saptarishis (in different Yugas - Yuga (Devanāgari: युग) in Hindu philosophy is the name of an 'epoch' or 'era' within a cycle of four ages. These are the Satya Yuga, the Treta Yuga, the Dvapara Yuga, and finally the Kali Yuga.) however are of great debate as there are several different claims by different Major Hindu texts. The widely accepted names are Vasistha, Bharadvaja, Jamadagni, Gautama, Atri, Visvamitra, and Agastya (Kali Yuga - the current Age) These Saptarishis are also linked with a few common stars in Big Dipper constellation.

Overview of Yugas:
1.Satya Yuga (Krita Yuga):- 1,728,000 Human years
2.Treta Yuga:- 1,296,000 Human years
3.Dwapara Yuga:- 864,000 Human years
4.Kali Yuga:- 432,000 Human years (5,111 years have passed; 426,889 years remain). Kaliyuga started in 3102 B.C.; CE 2009 corresponds to Kaliyuga year 5,111. We are supposed to be in the current Kali Yuga now.

These 4 Yugas are just a part of a few minutes in one day of Brahma.

In Hindu cosmology, a universe endures for about 4,320,000,000 years (one day of Brahma, the creator or kalpa) and is then destroyed by fire or water elements.

1. Overview of the Hindu cosmology and timeline:
en.wikipedia.org...

2. Overview of Hinduism - Trimurthis:
en.wikipedia.org...

3. Overview of Hinduism - Adi Parashakti (Supreme Being or God Proper)
en.wikipedia.org...

4. Overview of the Saptarishis:
en.wikipedia.org...

I hope we can solve the mysteries of our existence before the end of times if there is such a thing. I for one don't have a clue.

Best Regards,

HanSolo (Muthulingam)
e-mail: [email protected]
Mobile: +6 012 393 9937
edit on 31-1-2012 by HanSolo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Interesting ! That same day Gary Wilcox talked with two men in white suites (from head to toe) just like Lonnie spotted. Talking to him (his testimony) that they said there were from mars!

The day was April 12, 1964.
That same year Donald Shrum (Aliens in the Forrest book). Spotted two men in white suites from head to toe.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I am actually somewhat of an expert in eastern religion, since all serious buddhists are polymathic in personality.

The problem is that most of Hinduism is medieval in origin. Not really ancient at all. All the artwork in the original posts is medieval, not "ancient" like Sumerians.
edit on 8-5-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, one of Sitchin 's points in "12th planet" was how FAST man evolved at a certain point, compared to the amount of normal evolution before said point(about 450,000 years ago). He has a point, it's pretty clear we had lots of help. The Sumerians could never have gained the knowledge of astronomy they had without help, it's not possible. And we saw a similar spurt of technological advancement after Roswell in 1947. Look, whether you buy Sitchin's theories or not, it's hard to deny that humanity was boosted by an outside actor. Once you look, really look at the old testament, it becomes clear that what we consider "god" was simply advanced beings lending a hand(and getting some cheap labor in the process). Doesn't mean there isn't a god; A lot of people think its an either/ or situation when it may well be both.

We're not alone. Simple as that.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
Well, one of Sitchin 's points in "12th planet" was how FAST man evolved at a certain point, compared to the amount of normal evolution before said point(about 450,000 years ago).

This fast evolutuion you and your mentor posit. Is there some evidence of it? I mean, other than something made up by an ex economist trying to make a living selling hogwash.

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
He has a point, it's pretty clear we had lots of help. The Sumerians could never have gained the knowledge of astronomy they had without help, it's not possible.

Please, do enlighten us of this "impossible" asrtonomical knowledge possesed by Sumer.

Harte

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Let's say, you are 100% right. Now answer please some questions: how comes, in Sumer, some 6000 years ago, knew in details about Solar System, Water area on Earth, Earth Precession (26000 years, wobbling of Earth axis), Mathematics, Astrology...? If we give now, whatever you need of modern technologies, are you able to detect the Precession of Earth? Other question: how comes, that in Baalbeck there are 3 rocks, about 800 tons each, and another one, 1400 tons??? Other question: how comes, in your Mahabharata and Reg Vedas and other books, they knew about the moment Zero, and Matter, and Medicine...? How? If legends and myths roam from a country to other, but Pyramids, Baalbeck, Tiahuanaco...are not myths, and you can go to Egypt, Peru, and Lebanon, and see them. If you got Logic interpretation, quote please, nonsense keep for yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i think we can see different religions have similar characteristics peoples - we called "GOD" . For example THOR - Thunder God and Indra -King of Heaven -Hindu god. These 2 gods have similar weapon and both have war with same types of enemy .
In ramayan we can read about Hanuman and also in Chinese OLD Text book we can found same hanuman characters.

I dont know these peoples are Aliens Or GOD . But i believe Toady we are leaving in This world called "EARTH" By the help of these Ancient people , Aliens or Gods

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
India the name is from 'Innana is worshiped here'. India was the territory of Innana as you might have guessed. Same as Philadelphia and California. I think Kali is Ereskigal the sister of Innana.

And Hindu trinity are from the Annunaki story. If you dig enough, you'll find that the vedas were given to the human ( on of them ) by a man who seemed to be on fire or light as in when you see a plasma.

And the same story about a fiery being handed the Iranian 'Avesta' to the human. Only that the gods and demons are juxtaposed. Someone was trying to confuse the humans. It looks very like.

Ningishzidda to Abraham

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkeron

Let's say, you are 100% right. Now answer please some questions: how comes, in Sumer, some 6000 years ago, knew in details about Solar System, Water area on Earth, Earth Precession (26000 years, wobbling of Earth axis),

In Sumer, nobody knew that there was such a thing as a Solar System.

"Water area on Earth"?? What do you even mean by that?

You'd be hard pressed to provide any evidence that the actual Sumerians knew of precession, although it's not impossible. More likely you're thinking of Babylonians or Assyrians.

Obviously, if they knew it, they learned it the same way we did - through observation.

They wouldn't have interpreted it as the Earth wobbling, though (although you're right - that's what it is.)

See, they didn't actually know what they were looking at up in the night sky, other than bright pinpricks of light, some of which slowly moved.

As for the rest of your questions, I've answered several here. I'm sorry that the search function at ATS is so limited. You could use google, searching under this domain name. Just put in your search term (like trilithon, for example) and follow it with this:

site:abovetopsecret.com.

You can find a lot of what you need here at ATS.

Harte

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by necromanser
India the name is from 'Innana is worshiped here'. India was the territory of Innana as you might have guessed. Same as Philadelphia and California. I think Kali is Ereskigal the sister of Innana.

More ignorance.

Note:

The name India is derived from Indus, which originates from the Old Persian word Hindu. The latter term stems from the Sanskrit word Sindhu, which was the historical local appellation for the Indus River.[9] The ancient Greeks referred to the Indians as Indoi (Ινδοί), which translates as "the people of the Indus".[10]

Source

Harte

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

More ignorance.

Note:

The name India is derived from Indus, which originates from the Old Persian word Hindu. The latter term stems from the Sanskrit word Sindhu, which was the historical local appellation for the Indus River.[9] The ancient Greeks referred to the Indians as Indoi (Ινδοί), which translates as "the people of the Indus".[10]

Source

Harte

Meh. What does 'Indus' point to ?

If etymology could solve all the puzzels, what does Philadelphia mean ?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Meh. What does 'Indus' point to ?

Answered in the quote I provided.

If etymology could solve all the puzzels, what does Philadelphia mean ?

Etymology may not provide "all answers." However, it was you that brought entymology into this with a false statement:

India the name is from 'Innana is worshiped here'.

Entymology may very well tell us nothing at all. But it's far more reliable that a blatant lie.

Harte

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sitchin says that the Anunnaki were on earth to mine gold. The lower set mined until they grew tired and rebelled. The solution was to manufacture a race that would do the mining for them, thus men were made.
Now there is evidence that someone was mining for gold long before humans came into the picture. These mines are located in South Africa. and have been dated to somewhere between 160,000 to 200,000 BC! viewzone2.com...
If the Anunnaki were mining gold in that area, then it is not hard for me to believe that they are the same "Gods" of many different religions in ancient times and places.
There is a truth in all of these legends, and religions, most of which are very similar, we just need to approach these with an open mind. Instead of arguing about which is the right path, look at it from a different perspective. It is possible that all of the paths lead back to the ultimate truth, we had help from a race not of this world. I don't know if they came from another planet or another dimension, but they were there.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The annanuki branch that was incorporating NAGA lineage would be related to India, as Enki was said to be, from what I've been told. Naga is associated with India quite strongly.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... take a look and tell me what you think

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I'd give you 100 S + F's for your work, way to go ucalien!

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
OK i stumbled upon this while watching ancient aliens, maybe this is familiar already but look
this is Ahura Mazda

from some old i beleive persian religion
and this is a stone engravement of anunnaki where you can see the exact same Ahura Mazda is.

will someone reply in this im new @ ATS i would like to know how good with knowledge am i.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
No "Anunnaki" are shown in either pic you posted. Your first pic depicts two Apkallu annointing two other figures (I'm not expert enough to identify these, though I know people that are.) They are likely either priests or royalty.

The Apkallu were the "seven sages" of ancient Sumerian/Babylonian mythology, thought by them to have been sent to Mankind to educate us. The first Apkallu, IIRC, was Adapa. Adapa was originally a human man.

Persia is in the geographical area and location of influence concerning the Sumerian/Babylonian religion. As such, it's past religions (in the case of your second pic Zoroastrianism) exhibits many of the same motifs as are found in earlier times in Sumer and Babylon.

Harte

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by serbsta

They were carved from top to bottom using wooden scaffolds. I think there's a Discovery channel program about Petra, worth a watch, it has plenty of detail.

Are you serious???? Petra was build with wooden scaffolds"???? Don't make me laugh. NONE ancient civilization had technology to make laser-like cuts in massive rocks. It's the same IDIOT idea that Giza Pyramids were built by slaves, dragging stone blocks through the desert and assembling them with vine ropes, bamboo cranes and wood scaffoldings. It's pathetic.

Does your flawed logic also extend to the other wonders of the world. Did man not build the great wall of China? The Colosseum? Taj Mahal? Stonehenge? I would be interested to know what other ancient architectural wonders you claim that weren't made by the humble and hard working hominoid

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join