It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Anunnaki alien race, the same hindu gods???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In my own reading on history, archaeology, scriptures and mythology (etc) it quickly became clear that misinformation spreads like wildfire, and some modern writers take ill informed conclusions from writers of (for example) 150yrs ago or so and just run with them, hence some of the cod-etymology on display in this thread (eg: India deriving from Inana).
i really just wish that some folk would read a bit more widely (using "books" as well the web, and peer-reviewed books at that) and check and research the sources involved for themselves rather than taking it all as gospel and reaching the same daft conclusions, thereby perpetuating such nonsense.
we may very well not be alone, i have no difficulty with that at all... but why the lack of understanding in our own abilities as humans? we can produce amazing works of craft with little more than the simplest of tools, a life time of practice and techniques passed on from time immemorial. If people spent less time on their backsides and instead made some stuff with their hands they would realise that, for example, sites like Petra are well with in our abilities - carving straight lines in relatively soft stone requires only dedication, regularly maintained tools and a plumb line.
i often wonder that i have never read here that flint tools are waaaay too complex to be made by our "primitive" ancestors....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Dude to be honest..demons are shapeshifter, and so is satan. Mainly I know satan is,.
But whatever the heck anunnaki is if that's the correct name for them...I think they were demons in disguise...
As a matter of fact satan was the serpent in the bible. I think.

As for Hindu gods..and Greek gods. I think we're all demons.
If you read the bible or information on angels...there is angels for almost every emotion...angels of death, love, war...destruction, peace, seduction..etc..
The Hindu gods are like that,

Almost every god except for the creator of everything (Yahweh) andJesus Christ were most likely all demon.
I mean if you take a look at shiva.she or he has more ten two arms, blue skin and a eye on her palm? If you really look at it, doesn't she look like a demon, more than a supreme benevolent being?
Iran ofcourse you can call a demon, a god because its higher in power and ability..
But in all honesty
Truly not even to put religion on you, but I repented in Jesus Christ,, and he says or someone says in the bible that hristians or humans have authority over demons. I have authority it worked for a while, but they'll come back,
I'm in spiritual warfare with two evil spirits,
And most Hindu gods or some have more than one face, or multiple animal and man faces...
You can read somewhere in Ezekiel book in the holy bible that angels or demons possessed these external attributes.
If Hercules existed he technically wouldn't be a Demi god... If see him more like a nephilim or a half angel, half man.
I mean come on... Anunnaki.. Being gods? They don't come down and save the world, or have cures for cancer yet they claimed to have created us?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

By that argument you make it likely that a crashed steam engine from space sparked the industrial revolution.

And maybe a crashed wheel from space back in neolithic times...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just be grateful for the alien cargo ship loaded with soap and toilet paper that crashed here.

Harte

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Everytime i discuss things on websites like this, and dont think of me taking away the light of the topic maker...but why isnt anyone even mildly serious about these things?

I mean millions of people globally believe these demons are gods..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axeliori
Everytime i discuss things on websites like this, and dont think of me taking away the light of the topic maker...but why isnt anyone even mildly serious about these things?

Because we are all heathens?

Harte

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
But if there's no belief in you of god., then you shouldn't be even posting your opinion, it's unnesseary
And holds no value.
You should repent and go to jesus...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

But if there's no belief in you of god., then you shouldn't be even posting your opinion, it's unnesseary
And holds no value.
You should repent and go to jesus...

So, you believe in Bel Marduk?

Harte

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I mean millions of people globally believe these demons are gods..
that is a good question and one I often ask myself. Just kidding.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm utterly convinced alien were involved in our distance past.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ok im a hindoo / hindu ... Im from India ... and i have to disagree with the OP "ucalien" on some of the points that he made here . He said "The ancient Hindu gods, the so called Vedas, were scientists. Bearers of high advanced knowledge about material sciences and occult sciences."
Well let me tell you, the Vedas are neither gods nor scientists , they are knowledge in the form of scriptures. lol
The Vedas are believed to have been revealed to the humans by God and in this case the hindu God Brahma , the one with four heads is credited for the creation of the Vedas.

OP "ucalien" also tried to show similarities between Inanna and Kali . Let me tell you , they are not the same . Kali is a ferocious looking Goddess , destroyer of evil , benevolent to righteous people. Here is a picture of her -
(upload.wikimedia.org...) .
But the picture that OP "ucalien" posted that of Inanna and Kali , has the image of Goddess Durga in it and not Kali.
Kali has four hands , tounge out , darkish or in some pictures bluish complexion , a jackal is her companion.
Whereas Durga has ten hands , sits on a lion as a vehicle , has a fair complexion .

Now moving on to the next point . OP "ucalien" posted a picture of a hindu Goddess Laxmi , where a circular dish like thing is hanging on top of her head , and ucalien says its a UFO . lol .
Nope its no ufo my dear friend ucalien. Its an umbrella like thing which is hung over the heads of gods , goddesses and even kings in our nation as a sign of showing respect.

But i do hold possibilities on some of the other points that you made like the elephant god Ganesha . I mean even i always wondered that he could be a product of some genetic engineering.

But the thing that you said about hindu temples resembling the vimanas , well i don't agree that the vimanas has anything to do with the hindu temples . I mean yeah they are triangular or conical in shape . But that doesn't means that these temples were the launching or landing places for the vimanas .
I mean back in those ancient days , not just india , but all over the world , monuments were built in a conical or pyramid like shape . From the pyramids of Giza and Maya , then also the obelisks with a conical head , to the Ziggurats in Mesopotamia all had a similar shape . Todays scientists are assuming that they were built in such a shape to harness some kind of natural energy of the earth. This was said in the tv show Ancient Aliens .

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChildhoodLane
Ok im a hindoo / hindu ... Im from India ... and i have to disagree with the OP "ucalien" on some of the points that he made here . He said "The ancient Hindu gods, the so called Vedas, were scientists. Bearers of high advanced knowledge about material sciences and occult sciences."
Well let me tell you, the Vedas are neither gods nor scientists , they are knowledge in the form of scriptures. lol
The Vedas are believed to have been revealed to the humans by God and in this case the hindu God Brahma , the one with four heads is credited for the creation of the Vedas.

Yes, there is no dearth of ignorance on message forums, as this thread (and a thousand others) so clearly show. Your concerns, however, have already been addressed by other posters in this old thread.
Obviously, you wouldn't know this if you haven't read the entire thread.
I suggest you start with Astyanax's post here and procede from there.

I also suggest you show up more around here (7 posts in a year!) You show yourself to be quite capable of critical thinking, a much-needed skill that is broadly absent in many different sections of this forum. You should check out the Ancient and Lost Civilizations forum.
Some of us "work" hard here to counter the ignorance. We could use your help.

Harte

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Axeliori
...millions of people globally believe these demons are gods..

When I was researching Hinduism I discovered that it is actually a manufactured "religion" created in 1830:

Over the last three years, I have visited several libraries, and diligently studied Hindu theology, scriptures, and books. I spent countless hours pouring over thick works through the night, often hidden in obscure corners of dusty shelves in old libraries, covered in spider webs.

In short, I discovered that Hinduism was an English invention that bracketed several distinct, mutually hostile religions into one umbrella. `Hinduism' or `Sanatana Dharma' did not exist before the English, but was created by them in order to reward the Brahmins for loyal services during Anglo-Brahmin rule

Myth of One Hindu Religion Exploded

Bottom line: religion is simply Satan masquerading as Jesus.

He is a counterfeiter.

Hinduism is fiction created by the British. Hinduism is not a single religion. It consists of "thousands of different religious groups that have evolved in India since 1500 BCE." The correct name for what is commonly called "Hinduism" is "Sanatana Dharma" "Sanathana Dharma" was also a 19nth century invention. forums.catholic.com...

Hinduism did not exist before 1830. It was created by the English colonialists in the 1830s. This remarkable circumstance is evidenced by the fact that none of the travelers who visited India before English rule used the word `Hindu' or `Sanatana'. This is amply borne out by the Encyclopedia Britannica, which states :

" The term Hinduism ... [ was ] introduced in about 1830 by British writers. "-- [ EB 20 `Hinduism ' 519 ]

In other words, the founding father of `Hinduism' is an Englishman ! Nowhere in the Vedas, Puranas or any other religious text prior to 1830 AD are the terms `Hindu'...The Myth of Hinduism

edit on 24-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Yes, there is no dearth of ignorance on message forums, as this thread (and a thousand others) so clearly show. Your concerns, however, have already been addressed by other posters in this old thread.
Obviously, you wouldn't know this if you haven't read the entire thread.
I suggest you start with Astyanax's post here and procede from there.

I also suggest you show up more around here (7 posts in a year!) You show yourself to be quite capable of critical thinking, a much-needed skill that is broadly absent in many different sections of this forum. You should check out the Ancient and Lost Civilizations forum.
Some of us "work" hard here to counter the ignorance. We could use your help.

Harte

Sure , will go through that Ancient & Lost Civilization section and i wish i could come here more often . Going through some rough times bro .
But i love ATP ... been here since 2010 or so . This is my new username though

edit on 24-6-2014 by TheChildhoodLane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I belong to a state in India known as "The land of Demi-Gods".People still worship many Reptilian Gods here.Each of them have a Hindi Language word "NAGA" in their names. Every demigod has his own channel who channels that entity.They say that they are here from Eons and their experience of time is different than us.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Shiva IS NOT Enlil. He does match much more with POSEIDON, and Poseidon was DEFINITELY Enki. Not only american investigators but french and spanish are getting the same conclusions; ENLIL DOESN'T APPEAR AT ALL AT HINDU MITHOLOGY. Because, think a little bit, why in the world among SO MANY ancient cultures like the Egyptian (cruelly distroyed by Enlil) Hindu culture and its Gods STILL ALIVE and are worshipped??? If Enlil had have the littlest to do with it, believe me, Christianism would have DISTROYED hinduism, like it did with so many politheistic cultures, because Enlil wanted to be THE ONLY ONE. Hinduism is one of the few evidendeces and legacies that Enki hat left to us. Please don't think that easy; "because they are three, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva they have to match by force with the crazy christian trinity". Not in all the hindu mithology there is a "trinity"; check the differences between Mithos; in one Mytho Shiva is the spouse of Parvati, who emanates Durga; and in another one he is not her spouse at all, but Durga's, an hibrid produced by the mix from the powers of the Gods. In some regions of India Shiva is Vishnu's brother, but in other one, he is Vishnu's son, so there isn't always a trinity. And look at the character of Shiva; he is totally unattached in all of the mithos, yes, he gets angry, just like Vishnu's encarnation, Rama, who DISTROYED Atlantis and flooded the whole Earth!! RAMA IS VISHNU... is Vishu because of that Enlil??? All of the ancient "gods" are passionated, that Shiva was passionated doesn't make him automatically to Enlil; he even didn't care if he was adored or not; IN ANY OF THE MITHS; and that, my friend, is a characteristic that Enlil DEFINITELY didn't have, because HE LOVED to be adored and praised and worshipped. The sentence about "the purest one", is only ONCE SENTENCE AMONG MILLIONS OF SENTENCES that one can find in hindu scriptures, and not only on the surface, but in a deeper studium. Shiva was COVERED WITH ASHES, and even Daksha, Sati's father thought Shiva was DIRTY, disgusting and unworthy to having married Sati (previous incarnation of Parvati). But that DIDN'T BOTHER SHIVA. Do you think Enlil would have reacted the same way?? Shiva could live a lot of time knowing what for an opinion his father in law had, but when Sati commit suicide because of one disnhonouring thing that Daksha and his guests in a Yagna did to both of them, then, the Shiva who has remained peaceful let his army destroy the palast and kill Daksha, but then, after calmin himself, Shiva, who still was suffering because of the lost of his beloved Sati, REVIVED all of the people that he had killed, even Daksha and forgave all of them. After that, Shiva didn't want to know anything more from the world, and went into a cave and he remained there with his suffering and meditating during lots and lots of years. Hundreds of years, indeed. Till the gods, worried for Shiva, thought about Sati being reincarnated again as Parvati and they had the idea that she should marry him.

Is Enlil really like Shiva? Would Enlil forgive all of them who were responsible for his wife's death and even revived them? Would he really really give up the world in order to go in a cave to practice PENANCE during hundreds of years and trying to forget and dominate his emotions?? Honestly, I DON'T THINK SO. The Enlil that I know, would have done exactly the same as RAMA, he had overflowed the Earth and killed millions of innocent people, it doesn't matter if he had right or not. But anyway, even Rama is seen as a very, very important Deity, to whom everybody bow, end even Hanuman serves with all of his heart.... Like I said, lots of investigators in other languages are getting the conclusions that Enlil didn't play any important role on the foundation of the Indian civilization.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Radha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First of all I think your knowledge about hinduism is limited for instance 'vedas' are sacred books not scientist ,for gods there is a word 'devta'

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
my absolute favorite topic im a firm believer that there was a war with the hindu gods the mahabarrta really opened my eyes seriously. anyone that cannot see that we were so much more advance than we are now is absolutely close minded noahs ark a ship that carried dna samples to repopulate i mean everything points to mass technological advances around 10-15 thousand years ago absolutely mind BLOWING

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In the state of Rajasthan in northwest of India. There is a temple of Goddess Idanna. Which is similar to Inanna.
This Goddess is also called Amba or Ambika. The one which sits under a Mango tree.
In Greek mythology there is a goddess named Eris who represents chaos. Goddess Amba also represents chaos. Eris has golden apple as her symbol. Which is truly Mango I suppose because only after the Portuguese came to India the west came to know of a fruit like mango.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
very interesting thread. Thanks OP

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join