It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White men shun Democrats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

You know I have a huge opinion on this topic, but perhaps a little humility and appreciation on Obama's part, and a little less screaming racism would have taken him further, in the eyes of the white male,

You mean the kind of humility that was so abundant in white presidents like George W. Bush? Or Richard Nixon? Or Ronald Reagan?

And by "appreciation" do you mean waving the American flag instead of admitting and addressing real problems?

My parents grew up in the south, where white people thought there was nothing worse than an "uppity n-word." By "uppity" they meant things like speaking to whites as though they were their equals and not sitting in the back of the bus.

There's not a great leap of logic from "uppity" to "arrogant," which is what many white people are calling Obama. What they really mean is that Obama is "uppity;" it's just not socially acceptable to say so.

Same with "humility." If it wasn't expected of white presidents why demand it of a black one?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Deleted entire post. Couldn't be bothered replying to someone who doesn't use logic in an argumentative response.

And I don't argue with people who believe in reptilians.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by SirPsychoSexy]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Phil Gramm is the man who Penned the Elected in the midst of a crushing economic crisis brought on by a decade of > orgiastic deregulation Gramm - Leech - Bliley or the very orgiastic deregulatory legislation your article cites.

But President Clinton for some reason gets no credit for weakening the GLB bill by requiring further CRA requirements. Those requirements were what really did us in and made it a bad bill.

Gramm-Leach-Blilley Act Wiki

Crucial to the passing of this Act was an amendment made to the GLBA, stating that no merger may go ahead if any of the financial holding institutions, or affiliates thereof, received a "less than satisfactory [sic] rating at its most recent CRA exam", essentially meaning that any merger may only go ahead with the strict approval of the regulatory bodies responsible for the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).[17] This was an issue of hot contention, and the Clinton Administration stressed that it "would veto any legislation that would scale back minority-lending requirements."

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
There are two facts that should be borne in mind.

1. White men are the only group in history to have voluntarily released their grip on power.

2. Historically, there has never been a more effective force of political and military might as that has been brought to bear by white males.

Silly little cliches and barbs will be useless when a sleeping giant is awakened.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Phil Gramm is the man who Penned the Elected in the midst of a crushing economic crisis brought on by a decade of > orgiastic deregulation Gramm - Leech - Bliley or the very orgiastic deregulatory legislation your article cites.

But President Clinton for some reason gets no credit for weakening the GLB bill by requiring further CRA requirements. Those requirements were what really did us in and made it a bad bill.

Gramm-Leach-Blilley Act Wiki

Crucial to the passing of this Act was an amendment made to the GLBA, stating that no merger may go ahead if any of the financial holding institutions, or affiliates thereof, received a "less than satisfactory [sic] rating at its most recent CRA exam", essentially meaning that any merger may only go ahead with the strict approval of the regulatory bodies responsible for the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).[17] This was an issue of hot contention, and the Clinton Administration stressed that it "would veto any legislation that would scale back minority-lending requirements."

GOP pleased the Lenders and DEMS pleased the minorities

What you do seem to want to see is the Sales, bundling and Insuring of those Sub primes was what the GOP passed with the bill. That is why all the banks went belly up
The insuring Part created junk because the Legislation ALLOWED companies to
set their own standards...

The foreclosures were because of the DNC's provision, lending to people that had no business borrowing in the first place.

Both were very stupid and made a perfect storm

I know you are conservative, but it would serve you as an American to be aware that
GOP do pro business stuff that backfires too.

We all need to do this, I hope you try harder, I have and I will...

Take care

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The foreclosures were because of the DNC's provision, lending to people that had no business borrowing in the first place.

And when banks are forced to lend to people who can't pay the money back because of CRA that means CRA was bad law.

Can we agree that the first step then would be to redact/ get rid of CRA?

Trying to move forward.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

And when banks are forced to lend to people who can't pay the money back because of CRA that means CRA was bad law.

Can we agree that the first step then would be to redact/ get rid of CRA?

Trying to move forward.

YES - Agreed

We are moving now

Can we agree that banks that lend money should have that money to loan in the first place?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirPsychoSexy
Deleted entire post. Couldn't be bothered replying to someone who doesn't use logic in an argumentative response.

And I don't argue with people who believe in reptilians.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by SirPsychoSexy]

What about people who believe in reptilian natures? We all resemble or embody the essence of certain earth creatures.
Sometimes more than others.
For example now you are being ornery and stubborn like a goose.

And believe me or don't at your peril, I know some reptiles.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Can we agree that banks that lend money should have that money to loan in the first place?

Thanks my friend, we sure can agree on that!

Now if we could only convince Congress!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If the Democrats want white men to support them on election day, maybe they should return the favor. I'm not going to vote for a party that basically holds me in contempt, expects me to pay for the preferential treatment of their special interest groups, and then cries racism if I dare disagree with them or their policies. The hell with that.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
White men should probably have a long inward look at what really is bothering them. Because it was a white man who got us into the Iraq and Afghanistan war, it was white men who owned those banks that got bailed out. It was a white man who signed NAFTA (Bill Clinton). I could go on and on, but I don't have too. These guys who perceive that Obama is leaving them out or not making things right for them might have it wrong. Maybe just maybe what is happening is that they are seeing what a country is when everyone is considered being taken care off and not just one type of person is on top all the time. Some of them are mad because they feel they are becoming irrelevant to the power structure.

You and everyone who starred your ridiculous post is ignorant.

One white man DID NOT put us in Iraq and Afghanistand. A majority vote by Congress, meaning both houses, and the consent of the POTUS put us in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I challenge you to show me, show us, where George W. Bush admitted or was proven to have maipulated intelligence data just so we would go to war. I challenge you to prove it.

The fact that you want to pin the blame on a single individual tells me that maybe you are the one who needs a deep look inward.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Best post in here so far. Of course any moment someone will come along, throw out the race card yet again, and tell you how wrong you are. Again, best post so far, star for you.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
If the Democrats want white men to support them on election day, maybe they should return the favor. I'm not going to vote for a party that basically holds me in contempt, expects me to pay for the preferential treatment of their special interest groups, and then cries racism if I dare disagree with them or their policies. The hell with that.

Very well said and a star for that post! Completely agree with you.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is so much stupid in this thread I am at a loss where to begin…
Let’s start with the thread title…

White Men Shun Democrats

Okay…Assuming the word “White” wasn’t accidently inserted as a typo, I assume that the author feels the black/white distinction is important?
As long as we don’t actually discuss it? Because that is the race card...right? Or is it only the race card if you don't agree with the premise?..

If the Democrats want white men to support them on election day, maybe they should return the favor.

Okay...so they should roll out a "white" man Healthcare/Jobs bill?
I was unaware that the recent legislation didn't cover white folks.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
1. White men are the only group in history to have voluntarily released their grip on power.
2. Historically, there has never been a more effective force of political and military might as that has been brought to bear by white males.

Wow…sounds like a supremist rally!! Woohoo!

You speak of “white” as if it is not a color, but a political movement or philosophy. FYI – It’s a color.

By “volountarily” releasing their grip on power…what are you referring to?

The end of british colonialism? The fall of Rome? Because there was really no “volountarily” about it. Empires crumble.

Secondly, the whole military power…history…white male thing…

Ghengis Khan had the largest empire in the history of the world.

The Samurai could easily be considered the most well trained/well disciplined warrior in the world.

I don’t know how the racist speak works? Are Asians considered “white” in your world? Yellow? A lighter shade of black?

Maybe you should also read up on the crusades and tell me how that 200 year effort of "white" "military might" worked out?

Ask any "real" black person who knows anything about politics, and they will tell you that republican is the real way to vote.

What qualifies as a “fake” black man? I just thought I’d try to fake it for fun and I don’t want to get caught.

I would think that any middle class, unemployed “white” man would likely come election day and look at how the GOP has fought ferociaously to end their unemployment benefits that they depend on while trying to find work and ponder how the GOP did their damndest to make it near impossible for them to obtain healthcare coverage for their family once they lost their job.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
There is so much stupid in this thread I am at a loss where to begin…
Let’s start with the thread title…

White Men Shun Democrats

Okay…Assuming the word “White” wasn’t accidently inserted as a typo, I assume that the author feels the black/white distinction is important?
As long as we don’t actually discuss it? Because that is the race card...right? Or is it only the race card if you don't agree with the premise?..

If the Democrats want white men to support them on election day, maybe they should return the favor.

Gee, even I know what he's implying here. This is about middle class America being shafted AGAIN by the government. I guess that flew right over your head.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Wow…sounds like a supremist rally!! Woohoo!

Who is the one implying racial bias now?

You speak of “white” as if it is not a color, but a political movement or philosophy. FYI – It’s a color.

By “volountarily” releasing their grip on power…what are you referring to?

The end of british colonialism? The fall of Rome? Because there was really no “volountarily” about it. Empires crumble.

Secondly, the whole military power…history…white male thing…

Ghengis Khan had the largest empire in the history of the world.

The Samurai could easily be considered the most well trained/well disciplined warrior in the world.

I don’t know how the racist speak works? Are Asians considered “white” in your world? Yellow? A lighter shade of black?

Maybe you should also read up on the crusades and tell me how that 200 year effort of "white" "military might" worked out?

Ask any "real" black person who knows anything about politics, and they will tell you that republican is the real way to vote.

What qualifies as a “fake” black man? I just thought I’d try to fake it for fun and I don’t want to get caught.

I would think that any middle class, unemployed “white” man would likely come election day and look at how the GOP has fought ferociaously to end their unemployment benefits that they depend on while trying to find work and ponder how the GOP did their damndest to make it near impossible for them to obtain healthcare coverage for their family once they lost their job.

Well since you added qualifier, any middle class, unemployes white man with a brain would look at the nation's current situation and the track record of the current administration, thank you very much, and weigh that against the antics of TWO rogue GOP Senators who tried to stall unemployment benefits. You seem to have no problem lumping them together with the rest of the GOP.

Let's see, what to consider:

National debt? Now in the trillions.
Still at war? Yep.
Out of Iraq? Nope.
Guatanamo? Still running business as usual.
Health Care Reform? Yes, bill passed, but does any Democrat know what's in it? Nancy Pelosi certainly doesn't. I believe "We'll have to pass it to find out what's in it" speaks for itself.
Bailouts? Still happening.
Jobs created? Where? National unemployment is still hovering around 10%
Economy recovering? It recovered for a bit, but it's starting to head back down again. GDP is falling once again.

Is this health care bill going to create jobs? Possibly, but when? 2014? And how many of those jobs will be sent overseas? I guess there was nothing in the Health Care bill about ensuring that the jobs created would need to stay here in the U.S. was there? That's quite an oversight, I would say.

So yes, let's demonize the GOP and find ways to blame the above ALL on them so we can keep our broken and corrupt Democratic leaders in office. That's sounds like a great way to think, come election day!

[edit on 29-3-2010 by sos37]

[edit on 29-3-2010 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

You seem to think that the middle class white male benefits as a whole from the programs this administration has passed. Health care does not address the underlying reason for lack of health insurance, lack of employment! To top it off how much funding was lost by giving unions a tax break? Unions are not a white guy club if you didn't know. We get a lot of pandering from Obama to his special interest groups, hell even blacks complained that Obama wasn't doing enough for them. www.politico.com...

By the way Samurai were pussies learn up about the Landsknecht.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Oh, sure, the health care reform covers them. Too bad its a turd sandwich that a lot of people didn't want and that will end up costing some of us money we don't have. But that's right, we're just supposed to sit down, shut up and deal with it. The Dems know what's best for us better than we do.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Gee, even I know what he's implying here. This is about middle class America being shafted AGAIN by the government. I guess that flew right over your head.

I'll give Vor enough credit to assume if he meant "Middle Class America" he would have said "Middle Class America" rather than "white men".

Strange that in your world those two catergories are interchangable.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Remember Obama's basic tenants:

Never let a good crisis go to waist! ie. you can get so much more social engineering accomplished durring a crisis.
Why would Obama want to "fix the crisis"? Why would he want to put people back to work, fix the economy, get businesses back on tract, people spending money again because they have jobs?

He wouldn't and doesn't because if he did the crisis would be over and his big chance to accomplish social reform is over. Opportunity lost. The longer he can prolong the agony the more chances he has!

Carter was undoubtedly our worst president till Obama. We had a huge recession because of his policies. Regan saw the opportunity and put the country back on tract in less than a year. Obama could easily do the same thing with similar policies but obviously he hasn't and won't.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

WTF is a "real" black person???

And people wonder why some people say that "some" opposition to Obama is racism.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join