It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White men shun Democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

OH, really? Yup, that figures.

Yea, I hear ya!

I have noticed several guy friends that are suddenly sounding very anti Obama, guys that I never thought politically concerned before, I suddenly learn are anti Obama. When they start sending me those political emails ranting about liberals,I'm really convinced!

But the ladies? Not much going on there yet! They sure seem to go to the tea parties, though!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Come on man with that pandering. I take the same examples and switch the skin colors and come up with the same argument.

For example, black on white murders are 900% higher than white on black murders.

Next time don't try and make up facts. Here is a link you should see Expanded Homicide Data Table 6 Just a public service announcement

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Doh! Well, here it comes. The ninnies that claim this PROVES that we are nothing but a bunch of racists and bigots should come pouring into this one!
First it will be the non-sequiturs, the ad hoc, ergo propter hocs, the red herrings, then the straw men. Once they are derided for their fallacious arguments they will employ the dreaded ad hominem! This is so predictable. Please excuse me while I go get some popcorn and a beer and wait for the show begin.

White men are supposedly shunning democrats. Are you calling them racist? I didn't know democrats was a race?

That is the story. Blame the media or the racist white men but not the people commenting on this truly ridiculous (and I know made up by some right wing nut)story.

As story that is clearly backfiring as most of the Republican fancy footwork has has gone on to do. It is clearly not having the intended effect of letting white men know it is OK to split off from the democrats because the rest of your little club is leaving like lemmings.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I have noticed several guy friends that are suddenly sounding very anti Obama, guys that I never thought politically concerned before, I suddenly learn are anti Obama. When they start sending me those political emails ranting about liberals,I'm really convinced!

I have an unusual perspective on this whole topic, being i live in the hood, and see what goes on, on a daily basis,

[edit on 093131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can get a t-shirt that says....

I SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT I ELECTED

DON'T MAKE ME USE MY SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS TO DO IT.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So what's going on in the Hood that has affected your perspective?

The author's case is that average white guys are the big loosers, jobs wise and the Democrats have done nothing to help and much to hurt their situation and are going to loose big time. Do you agree?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

People talk about playing the race card, conservatives are always the first one to pull it out.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPsychoSexy

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Their departure could well lead to a GOP landslide on a scale not seen since 1994

"Could" is a big word.

I think we should all follow them.
The white men after all know everything.

The privileged and lucky bas tards.

Way to rally the women and the blacks!
Merci beau coups!

Ask any "real" black person who knows anything about politics, and they will tell you that republican is the real way to vote.

Well I guess it is too bad there are so many "fake" black people about a?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by sliceNodice

Come on man with that pandering. I take the same examples and switch the skin colors and come up with the same argument.

For example, black on white murders are 900% higher than white on black murders.

Next time don't try and make up facts. Here is a link you should see Expanded Homicide Data Table 6 Just a public service announcement

Damn...

That is a public service announcement

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I suppose the inference is that these White males are shunning the Democrats not based on the decision of its party and the leadership powering it, but on the fact that the President is Black?

That sounds rather ridiculous.

I can believe that they, like any voting group, can become disillusioned with their partys current leadership and therefore temporarily step away from it in protest but this has happened with the party in the past with a majority white leadership.

This article is being used to spin this into a race issue and I am almost POSITIVE that is you ask those people polled they will tell you it has nothing to do with the race of the President and more to do with the decisions of not only him but the other leaders in Congress and what they have chosen to do.

After all, if the Democratic minority base abandoned the party and refused to vote for it in the future based on the race of the president or leaders they helped elect not living up to a promised standard, they'd never vote democrat again.

All they have ever had to vote for and support were White politicians.

It would be kind of shameful for white democrats to pull out based on the race of the President they has lost faith in when they never did.

Not that this is even happening.
I don't believe it is.

Originally posted by sliceNodice

What is this, the Maury Povich show?
"I'm 10,0000% positive, Maury!'

What nonsense.

Crimes committed against any specific race are highly likely to be committed by the same members of that race in spite of what trash hatemongers peddle. Whites are highly likely to be murdered, assaulted, or raped by other Whites, and Blacks are highly likely to be murdered, assaulted, or raped by other Blacks.

The numbers have always shown this.

Peddle your idiotic and divisive hate on some website where it won't be challenged for the desperate ramblings it invariably is.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

this truly ridiculous (and I know made up by some right wing nut)story.

DAVID PAUL KUHN is an excellent author on political subjects especially male related. If James Carville (top level Democratic politico) recommends Kuhn, it means he should be taken seriously by all.

David Paul Kuhn is an expert analyst of presidential and gender politics. He is the author of The Neglected Voter: White Men and the Democratic Dilemma. James Carville called it a "must read for Democrats who want to win" and General Wes Clark called it “A brilliantly insightful analysis of American politics at the national level.” Kuhn specializes in the male side of the gender gap.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by kozmo
Doh! Well, here it comes. The ninnies that claim this PROVES that we are nothing but a bunch of racists and bigots should come pouring into this one!
First it will be the non-sequiturs, the ad hoc, ergo propter hocs, the red herrings, then the straw men. Once they are derided for their fallacious arguments they will employ the dreaded ad hominem! This is so predictable. Please excuse me while I go get some popcorn and a beer and wait for the show begin.

White men are supposedly shunning democrats. Are you calling them racist? I didn't know democrats was a race?

That is the story. Blame the media or the racist white men but not the people commenting on this truly ridiculous (and I know made up by some right wing nut)story.

As story that is clearly backfiring as most of the Republican fancy footwork has has gone on to do. It is clearly not having the intended effect of letting white men know it is OK to split off from the democrats because the rest of your little club is leaving like lemmings.

Ladies and gentlemen... I rest my case [bowing to the audience - sweeping my hat low to the ground in front of me!]!!!

Disclaimer: I in no way possess clairvoyance or the ability to look into the future. This was merely a trick based on completely predictable events. This concludes act I of tonight's entertainment. Thank you all so much for coming!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I suppose the inference is that these White males are shunning the Democrats not based on the decision of its party and the leadership powering it, but on the fact that the President is Black?

I think the people who are interpreting this as an anti white, or anti black article have not read the article. The author Kuhn is simply analyzing the largest influential block of voters, the white male, and making predictions on that analysis. He could have analyzed black males as I know they were severely affected by the recession and the politics but they were less of a statistical factor and I would guess, like women, have not changed their opinion so much about Obama. If Obama and the Democrats suffer a landslide defeat in November, Kuhn predicts it will be due mainly to the White Male voters as it was in the GOP landslide of 1994.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just adding my tuppence to the discussion, I agree that Obama is not a great president, but then I don't ever remember there being a great president, and he is just another liar like the rest of them, what I do find interesting is the gushing enthusiasm some have in pointing this out.

There are some who want him to fail.

Next up will be a female president who will also fail miserably, then we'll never see anything but fat rich conservative white male presidents.

It's all done by design.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by lee anoma

I think the people who are interpreting this as an anti white, or anti black article have not read the article. The author Kuhn is simply analyzing the largest influential block of voters, the white male, and making predictions on that analysis. He could have analyzed black males as I know they were severely affected by the recession and the politics but they were less of a statistical factor and I would guess, like women, have not changed their opinion so much about Obama. If Obama and the Democrats suffer a landslide defeat in November, Kuhn predicts it will be due mainly to the White Male voters as it was in the GOP landslide of 1994.

It is a fair analysis of the current political realities -

I believe another HUGE factor will be the Financial Regulation battle
In this case the GOP will have their work cut out for them, they will have to
navigate and word things very carefully as to not upset their gains.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Obama is black? Well shut my mouth, I thought he was half white and so I had considered himself white myself. Maybe those that call him black are the racists, ha. Why call him black if he is also half white? Maybe we should be calling him a shade of gray instead, you know, so we all aren't lying lying lying!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I believe another HUGE factor will be the Financial Regulation battle In this case the GOP will have their work cut out for them, they will have to navigate and word things very carefully as to not upset their gains.

True, it could get ugly. But the GOP are the good guys in this case as Obama is so firmly in the pocket of Big Banking. All they have to do is continue to take the high road.

Obama's Big Sellout

What's taken place in the year since Obama won the presidency has turned out to be one of the most dramatic political about-faces in our history. Elected in the midst of a crushing economic crisis brought on by a decade of orgiastic deregulation and unchecked greed, Obama had a clear mandate to rein in Wall Street and remake the entire structure of the American economy. What he did instead was ship even his most marginally progressive campaign advisers off to various bureaucratic Siberias, while packing the key economic positions in his White House with the very people who caused the crisis in the first place. This new team of bubble-fattened ex-bankers and laissez-faire intellectuals then proceeded to sell us all out, instituting a massive, trickle-up bailout and systematically gutting regulatory reform from the inside.

The only thing Obama has on his side is the general public doesn't know yet about Obama's dubious Big Banking association and the MSM doesn't want to cover the story.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I believe another HUGE factor will be the Financial Regulation battle In this case the GOP will have their work cut out for them, they will have to navigate and word things very carefully as to not upset their gains.

True, it could get ugly. But the GOP are the good guys in this case as Obama is so firmly in the pocket of Big Banking. All they have to do is continue to take the high road.

Obama's Big Sellout

What's taken place in the year since Obama won the presidency has turned out to be one of the most dramatic political about-faces in our history. Elected in the midst of a crushing economic crisis brought on by a decade of orgiastic deregulation and unchecked greed, Obama had a clear mandate to rein in Wall Street and remake the entire structure of the American economy. What he did instead was ship even his most marginally progressive campaign advisers off to various bureaucratic Siberias, while packing the key economic positions in his White House with the very people who caused the crisis in the first place. This new team of bubble-fattened ex-bankers and laissez-faire intellectuals then proceeded to sell us all out, instituting a massive, trickle-up bailout and systematically gutting regulatory reform from the inside.

The only thing Obama has on his side is the general public doesn't know yet about Obama's dubious Big Banking association and the MSM doesn't want to cover the story.

well I am not sure GOP is so innocent...

John Mccain himself picked Phil Gramm as his Economic advisor -

Phil Gramm is the man who Penned the

Elected in the midst of a crushing economic crisis brought on by a decade of > orgiastic deregulation

Gramm - Leech - Bliley or the very orgiastic deregulatory legislation your article cites.

banking.senate.gov...

Anyhow my point was different -

What I mean is Conservatives are generally not of the mind to obstruct or interfere
with business. Probably why the above legislation was penned by Three GOP members... It is going to be difficult for the GOP to fight for freer regulations and restrictions given what has happened in the last decade. If they do it the wrong way
they may appear to TOO pro Financial Industry in a climate that would NOT approve
of defense or aiding LENDERS, CREDITORS AND BANKERS.

So politically how can the GOP fight for less "government intervention/interference"
and appear not to be Pro big money business???

You think about this conundrum,

It is a tactical rock and a hard place Plumranch

If the GOP does not control its message very well people might be turned off, vote for third party candidates and mess up the GOP's "momentum".

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You think about this conundrum, It is a tactical rock and a hard place Plumranch

I know, just wanted to state that Obama has a lot of Big Banking baggage.

It is a can of worms that no one wants to open. For instance many people including myself think the CRA started back in the Carter era was the real basic reason bankers made all those bad loans. That law is still on the books, hasn't been amended at all! You'd think they could start there! Wipe that one off the books!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You think about this conundrum, It is a tactical rock and a hard place Plumranch

I know, just wanted to state that Obama has a lot of Big Banking baggage.

It is a can of worms that no one wants to open. For instance many people including myself think the CRA started back in the Carter era was the real basic reason bankers made all those bad loans. That law is still on the books, hasn't been amended at all! You'd think they could start there! Wipe that one off the books!

Ya, that was the liberals screw up - what conservatives screwed up was allowing lenders to insure their own assets and sell the risk - A great collision of two ill fated
ideas

I agree with you, they need to wipe out all the crap that has not worked -

They should have arrested MANY people, which would have put the fear of god in the
elite spheres. Instead Obama hires them!

Sort of like murdering someone and then deputizing the murderer

It will be interesting

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join