It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rookie cop saves life on her first day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

ROUYN-NORANDA, Que. - A police foundations student was given a baptism by fire during her first day of training Saturday when she helped save the life of a man who was having a heart attack.

Source: cnews.canoe.ca...

See, they-the cops- aren't all bad. I suppose her being so new, they haven't had time to corrupt her moral/values yet. Give it time. A few years from now, she'll just keep driving on by.

I had to put that in there after seeing some of the responses posted recently about Cops/Police/Law Enforcement. But I jest. If you wish, you can see a lot of other good life saving videos by cops at www.officer.com (it also tells good and bad cop stories).

Anyway, hats of to her for stepping up to the plate when needed/required-and not turing her head.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That is a really nice story and I am glad you have contributed a nice story to ats.
I think that woman is going to make a great cop, as she was able to jump in and respond on her first day, with adrenaline pumping no doubt. When she hasn't had much experience. Imagine how well she will do when she isn't wet behind the ears.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the link.

That cadet did a great job and good luck to her and God please keep her safe.

Here's another story from that link:

SEATTLE --

Three Seattle police officers were justified when they used a stun gun on a pregnant mother who refused to sign a traffic ticket, a federal appeals court ruled Friday in a case that prompted an incredulous dissent.

Malaika Brooks was driving her son to Seattle's African American Academy in 2004 when she was stopped for doing 32 mph in a school zone. She insisted it was the car in front of her that was speeding, and refused to sign the ticket because she thought she'd be admitting guilt.

Rather than give her the ticket and let her go on her way, the officers decided to arrest her. One reached in, turned off her car and dropped the keys on the floor. Brooks stiffened her arms against the steering wheel and told the officers she was pregnant, but refused to get out, even after they threatened to stun her.

The officers - Sgt. Steven Daman, Officer Juan Ornelas and Officer Donald Jones - then stunned her three times, in the thigh, shoulder and neck, and hauled her out of the car, laying her face-

Could they not have found another way to diffuse the situation? There were three of them! Tasers are waaaaay too easy to justify using, now.
What if she had died?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Did you mean this part:

I had to put that in there after seeing some of the responses posted recently about Cops/Police/Law Enforcement. But I jest. If you wish, you can see a lot of other good life saving videos by cops at www.officer.com (it also tells good and bad cop stories).

I was trying to be scarcastic (the But I jest part). Sorry it came across that way, My bad.

Try to keep the good from the post.

[edit on 3/27/2010 by anon72]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I suppose her being so new.

Maybe.. maybe not

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You can bet she will go on to run vendettas and kill many people not doing anything.

I will never ever show any respect or anything to people with that job in my life, what they did to my life and others.

This woman like others before her will kill innocent people like all cops.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

My apologies, I did mis-interpret your response. Still trying to get my coffee in. *smiles*

I will change my response.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

A bit harsh Andy-OK we know you are biased,but that young cop did a very good thing there,even though she would probably say she was just doing her job.
She should get a medal IMO.

What if the person she saved had been your wife/child/parent?

Would you still hold the same view of her?

Be rational is all im saying-all cops are most certainly not bad in my personal experience.

I am sorry you have had a bad time of it for whatever reason,but it will not help you in the long run to feel this way about all cops dude.

[edit on 27/3/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
This woman like others before her will kill innocent people like all cops.

I am really sorry Andy,but you have to be pulled up on this point you made.

It is baseless,for you do not know anything about this young lady.
How can you KNOW how one person you have never met is going to behave in the future?

Is it not possible that this cop will feel a rush of positive vibrations when she saved life-and that she goes on to save many more,knowing it is her duty?

Do not condemn all cops-what if one day YOU need help from them?

They are people just like you.
Debate me,friend.I mean no harm.

new topics

top topics

join