It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about religion hopefully exposed!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Could this finally answer the questions about religion? What do you all think?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Have you seen the movie Zeitgeist the movie? www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

There's been a few threads on this. But I'll watch the videos.

edit - err this is from the zeitgeist movie. There are few threads on this already as I have stated.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This video is very very old. Saw it for my first time 2 years ago.

but its what i've believed since then

[edit on 27-3-2010 by sv_gravity 800]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Oh sorry I did not know it was already posted. I just came across the videos and after watching them it made alot of sense so I just wanted to see what people on ATS thought.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am not religious, but I do not agree with their statement that Jesus did not exist.

To me, the Bible is a history book that is missing a lot of information that would bring it to the correct context. There is just too many little details about Jesus recorded throughout history. Not only in the bible.

Part of Jesus' life is missing in the bible but during that time other civilizations recorded Jesus' visitations across the world such as Buddhist temples etc. where he went and learned from about different cultures and absorbed their teachings. That would explain his absence in the Bible.

I agree with a lot of the information presented in Zeitgeist but I don't believe all of it is 100% correct.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is just old stuff from Zeitgeist, I'm pretty sure some of it has been debunked since.

It doesn't take a genius to see that someone wanted Jesus to be a solar deity with all the astrological references in the Gospels, the cross being the cross of the zodiac, twelve disciples, etc. My thought is that it was the Romans who took over the Christian religion who added most of these things into the story. Romans might also be responsible for how similar Christianity became to polytheism, what with all the saints, the trinity, etc.

Regardless of changes made to the Jesus story he likely did exist. There were several other supposed saviors around at the same time Jesus emerged. The question is if not from Jesus than where did the teachings of the Gospels come from, because even for non-religious people there is still a lot of truth and wisdom in many of Jesus's teachings.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If only there were a way to publicly broadcast a public service announcement that took over every channel to play this information!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Even thought i didn't buy the whole documentary this film is what opened my eyes and lead me to dig a little deeper,

Its some great info mixed with some assumptions, Its a great video for new comers to watch

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think it's just more stupid crap from Zeitgeist and everything in it and this video has already been debunked and proven as a complete lie over and over and over again.

Don't believe me? Do yourself a favor and look up Horus on Wikipedia yourself instead of asking us. Also, go to youtube and do a search for Zeigeist debunked.

For example Horus wasn't born on the 25th, wasn't born to a virgin, didn't have apostles. All that crap is just made up and it keeps getting posted all over the forums.

Same claims about Krishna and his mother Devaki who only had like 10 other kids before she gave birth to Krishna. But the ZG people still claim he was VIRGIN BIRTHED TOO! JUST LIKE JESUS! HAHAHAHA.

Born in prison by the way and there were no three wise men or apostles there either.

THERE WEREN'T THREE WISE MEN IN THE BIBLE EITHER! Look it up. It says magi and doesn't even say how many.

When the people behind Zeitgeist were called out on just these two myths alone you wanna know what they claimed? They claimed oh oh well well, that's because Horus is the sun. HORUS IS REBORN EVERYDAY! So he was born on the 25th! lol. Okay but that means he was born on the 24th and 26th and 27th and every other day of the year too lol

When called out about Devaki having children before she had Krishna the creators of Zeitgeist said oh, no it was still a virgin birth! It was! Devaki had perpetual virginity! Whatever that is lol. No matter how many times she had sex, she was still a virgin! LOL HAHAHAHA!

Look, don't believe me. Watch Zeitgeist on YouTube first. Just search for it. It's there and it's the same basic crap as what's in these vids. Then do a YouTube search for Zeitgeist debunked and watch all the vids.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY simply go to the wikipedia page about all the Gods that are mentioned like Horus and Mithra (also not born to a virgin, nor on the 25th, yet again all made up) Krisnha and Buddah and see if what they say IS ACTUALLY TRUE! Hint, it's not. It's all made up and you got tricked and taken for a ride! lol

The claims are an absolutly completely made up hoax that has been disproven since forever ago and anyone posting it looks like an aboslute fool posting it.

That's atheists and the devil for you though. The father of all lies!

Just look this stuff up for yourself and you will see atheists purposely lying to you telling you stuff that isn't true to make you NOT BELIEVE! Get it?

I wonder why that is? This is just proof that atheists can't be trusted either and they will lie to try and convince a believer. Just sickening.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by tinfoilman]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CodenameDoeB

It opened your eyes so much that you never even bothered to do a Google search or a Wikipedia search and find out that it's all entirely made up? LOL!

No of course not. These lies exist so people will close their eyes and stop looking. Don't do that. Open them AGAIN!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Listen, you need to calm down. You are being kinda rude.

You only debunked two or three of the 'prophets' mentioned in zeitgeist...what about the rest? There are probably hundreds.

The parts of the bible have been 'debunked' many times too. One thing to remember is that nothing is certain, not one person can say for sure what went for what back then and no proof will ever be good enough for people like you in any case...but, no one was there to see what happened for themselves.

One thing I always tell myself is that, before Jesus or Biblical times, people believed in something for thousands of years....and many messiahs and prophets stem from the time period BC. And even predate what Christians claim as the beginning of time or when earth was supposedly created.

And Wikipedia is written by people just like you and me, anyone can edit wiki as they please...it also keeps on changing, so I wouldn't trust it as a solid source.
You make out as if people are too lazy to read, well if you can't suggest any other 'proof' other than Wikipedia, I would suggest that you swallow those words.
Maybe take a chill pill?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I find it interesting and frustrating that so much energy is expelled here to get the "truth" out about religion. Frankly, I am a Christian and believe what I will everybit as much you may not believe what you will... or will not.

If the Christians that come here tried to witness you to conversion as hard as the "debunkers" try to talk us out of "religion" and faith...we would probably be banned.

There is ample proof to support both views, the difference being we have faith... trust and a certain hope in the future we face and whom we will face it with.

In the mean time, I will continue to gird my loins when I come here and fight the good fight.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
there are 2 versions of jesus the gnostic jesus and the christian...the gnostic christ t teaches us to not loove the things that are in this world because the creator of this world is not benevolent and we are going through trials and tribulations because are ego wanted seperation from god just so we can rediscover his glory! ego being are consciousness wanted to become a fraction of the whole...so really what he saying the knowledge of knowing good and evil made are ego have free will.so we could create are own reality as a whole but could be manipulated by knowing good and evil such as, manipulated by fear, or someone putting on a front of being good, or through television and propaganda...etc... all fears and manipulations prey on are animal nature and keeping us from are spiritual nature!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So what's up OP?
You find out this is already been talked about. So you just abandon this thread? Scurry off to go find some other charge you can bring against your maker?
Truth about religion, you don'T even have the guts to call a spade "a spade". I can't believe, what others are willing to believe, other then the
simple God given truth.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I find it interesting and frustrating that so much energy is expelled here to get the "truth" out about religion. Frankly, I am a Christian and believe what I will everybit as much you may not believe what you will... or will not.

Yes, that is true, did you ever think that perhaps some may have a few questions about their faith? Perhaps they may have read somewhere a different version that they have been taught, or they discover that they have a certain ability that the Bible doesn't mention, or at least doesn't mention in a good way? Christians are taught thus;
Believe that the Bible is the true word of God, who created everything and inspired this book alone, all other books being works of the Devil.
Never to "question" the word of God, or to "gain knowledge." Severely warned against the "occult teachings."

Why is this, you think? Why are Christians not allowed to investigate their own Bible?

In the mean time, I will continue to gird my loins when I come here and fight the good fight.

The "Good fight," as you so aptly put it, is to raise one's Spiritual Aspect to it's Highest Point, and to gain as much knowledge as humanly possible along the way. To always follow the Golden Rule, and to know that we are not alone, never was, never will be. And to educate the masses, who are blind and like unto sheep.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I found this picture recently.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36e7a1b46601.jpg[/atsimg]

Do I need to say more?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of religion in any sense of the word..

However, I'm even less of a fan of this disinformation that is Zeitgeist. Upon further research you can see how they just cherry picked random facts and put them all together to make up their little idea of "Sun" worship.

Which makes sense if you think about it, but there's just no credible evidence other than very EARLY human civilization having done so. The others were far too complex.

IMO it's all ET worship, but I don't know anything.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'm not a fan of religion in any sense of the word..

However, I'm even less of a fan of this disinformation that is Zeitgeist. Upon further research you can see how they just cherry picked random facts and put them all together to make up their little idea of "Sun" worship.~Keeper

Please. "Little idea?" Sun Worship is older than dirt, friend. Go out and look around you. what is the thing that you can see that is most deserving of your worship and veneration? The Sun is the Life giver here on Earth, there is no denying this. Without the Sun we all immediately die in a cold that has never before been felt here on Earth for a great many years.

Ancient Sun Worship affects all of us. No escape from baptised paganism

History & Society:Sun Worship

Son Worship or Sun Worship? - Constantine legalises Christianity

Egyptian Sun Worship

I will tell you who uses cherry picked factoids to prove, or disprove a point.....do I have to say it? There are endless Bible quotes over and over in this very forum. Many assume that this one and only book is the only truth anywhere on Earth. Sun worship is not a Myth, it is a reality, just like a lot of other realities people are going to have to get used to.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

Listen, you need to calm down. You are being kinda rude.

You only debunked two or three of the 'prophets' mentioned in zeitgeist...what about the rest? There are probably hundreds.

The parts of the bible have been 'debunked' many times too. One thing to remember is that nothing is certain, not one person can say for sure what went for what back then and no proof will ever be good enough for people like you in any case...but, no one was there to see what happened for themselves.

One thing I always tell myself is that, before Jesus or Biblical times, people believed in something for thousands of years....and many messiahs and prophets stem from the time period BC. And even predate what Christians claim as the beginning of time or when earth was supposedly created.

And Wikipedia is written by people just like you and me, anyone can edit wiki as they please...it also keeps on changing, so I wouldn't trust it as a solid source.
You make out as if people are too lazy to read, well if you can't suggest any other 'proof' other than Wikipedia, I would suggest that you swallow those words.
Maybe take a chill pill?

Every single thing in the video has already been debunked including the star charts and everthing, but my posts can only be so long. You'll have to look the rest up for yourself. Wikipedia has a page for every religious figure you can imagine. Just go look them up and see if the claims are true for yourself. Also it appears you won't believe me anyway. You'll have to look it up anyway.

It's a hoax. That's the point.

There's a blog post that you can read, and like I said you can simply check the youtube videos yourself. benwitherington.blogspot.com...

ATS is supposed to be deny ignorance. That's why I'm being rude. Because you people are falling for a hoax because you're all unwilling to just simply go on Google and see that what is said in the vid is a lie.

You want to hold onto the hoax just because it supports what you already believe! But it's not true! DENY IGNORANCE.

Here's a hint. None of these Gods were born on the 25th. Guess what? Jesus wasn't born on the 25th! That's just the day they picked in like 400 AD because they didn't know!

In fact if they all were born on the 25th Jesus would have been the only one that was different!

But ZG wasn't made by Biblical scholars and so they didn't know that Jesus wasn't really born on the 25th when they made up their false claims and made the mistake of claiming all these other gods were born on the 25th JUST like JESUS when Jesus himself wasn't even born on the 25th!

A classic mistake from someone that doesn't know what they're talking about. Just like the ZG claim about three wise men.

Anyway, I can't go on forever. Just to wikipedia and Google and see for yourself. Don't argue with me. Just bring me anything that can prove one single claim in that video. If you can't it should make you realize you're being had right?

lol, it's already a proven hoax. Why argue with me?

Look you trust some random YouTube video over Wikipedia? Ok, so one of them could be lying right? Deny ignorance and find out WHICH ONE IT IS. Don't stop looking just because one already agrees with how you'd like the world to be!

Find me one verifiable source from a scholar then that ANY deity whatsoever was born on the 25th. Doesn't have to be Horus. It can be ANY mytical figure. Bet you can't find one.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

well if you look at it from the right perspective the real jesus wasnt born on dec 25th...but since the romans wanted to make a one world religon with christianity they had to put pagan beliefs mixed in with a "new hope" for humanity to satisfy the masses...Roman catholic is clearly practicing sun worship all you have to do is watch one of there daily masses and ceremony on the sacred heart. For god sake they got a obelisk in the middle of their courtyard! horus and jesus are connected but as for the others
Hindu- www.iloveindia.com...
Buddhism-www.transoxiana.org...
Islam- www.answering-islam.org...

All these religions take teachings from the old pagan stories...using different figures to convey astral bodies as they move along with are human consciousness.
WHy do they do this...because it is the real religon we all should know about to further help are consiousness. The elite divided beliefs and language to control are consciousness.
Tower of babel says it all!

<<   2 >>

join