It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama snubbed Netanyahu for dinner with Michelle and the girls, Israelis claim

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
This is a real great way to treat a US ally.

Now, by ally, you mean thorn in our collective side that wishes us to continue fueling their arrogant posturing and force us into endless wars to protect their slow expansion past their borders and enrage the entire middle east...

with friends like that, who needs enemies.

I like the jewish, but the Israeli government are being idiotic. I would have made him stand at the front door of the white house and make him talk to me like a salesman...why would I want to open the door for you when all you want to do is debase the security and namesake of our country...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
From what I've heard and seen from Israeli leaders in the last 20 years is nothing short of arrogance, regardless of which party gets in. And from all the bloodshed down there that's been going on for decades, it's showing no signs of slowing down.

I'm glad Obama snubbed him. The way Israel treats the US, UN, and the rest of the world is absolutely sickening. Either they have something that threatens the rest of the world into submission, or they've infiltrated every part of every countries society, or what I don't know. I think it's about time Israel starts being accountable for itself. It would be nice if the rest of the world would just unite and send the message to Israel to get it's s**t together and quit trying to encroach on everyone elses land and leave the palestinians alone. The palestinians deserve a place to live too. It's called sharing. Something Israel needs to learn.

I am in no way anti-semetic, I'm just calling it like i see it. This has been going on for far too long now, and is holding the rest of the world back from moving on to better things and evolving. This "poor me" attitude is not working anymore.

Nothing would make me happier than to see the end of the Israeli/US alliance. Not that i want Israel to be wiped out or anything, but this undeniable blind faith support is going to bring the US down a very dark path.
They need to clean house as we all do. They cannot be trusted, they never live up to their obligations, they defy the UN and the world constantly, and are always looking to start a war with someone. This has got to stop if humanity is gonna have a chance at peace.

If there was anything good that has come out of Obama so far, this is definitely a good move.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Poor poor Obama, he just didn't get his way. Netanyahu didn't prostrate himself before the great one and kiss his behind like all those people in his own party. What, did he think the leader of Israel needs to give in just because he says so.

If I were Netanyahu, I would have said, "Have a nice time, and the answer is no... thanks for the dinner."

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
Why are we even remotely surprised? He is 25% of the way through his first term and he STILL has no foreign policy experience.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I think he's demonstrating he knows quite a bit, making a power move like that, he's putting him in his place. I'm sure now he'll be called an anti-semite for daring to not kiss the feet of that terrorist.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nice indeed, better spend some quality time instead of wasting it.

I would like to see that list of demands now.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Are you sure Obama isn't an Australian?
Sounds like the cool kind of priorities an Australian would have.
Maybe we can declare him and honorary Aussie.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Well he has the spinal to treat the israelians the way they deserve...instead of the boneless previous presidents...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am afraid many have it wrong. Israel is building ties with its next, newest big brother... Germany. Germany has been the biggest supplier of arms to Israel for the last 10 years.

The US is in decline and will play a lessening role in the Middle East as time goes on. Germany however has troops in over 23 nations in the Mid-East/ SW Asia and is developing the largest weapons production program in Europe. The vaccum created by the US will be filled by Deuschtland.

Netenyahu is paying his respects to a "dying Don Corleone"...the US. Obama and the US will need Israel and the Mossad soon enough, and rue the day Obamasamadama stood up Bibi.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
The US is in decline and will play a lessening role in the Middle East as time goes on. Germany however has troops in over 23 nations in the Mid-East/ SW Asia and is developing the largest weapons production program in Europe. The vaccum created by the US will be filled by Deuschtland.

Everything you said sounds fantastic..let Germany take over for awhile trying to keep a ice cube frozen in the center of hell.

We need to go back to our roots...our real roots...the non-interventionist role.
If someone hits the UK, we will back them up...otherwise, we need to just stay put, draw down our military by half or more, and work on our own land.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I support Israel and in my opinion if they can go it alone and ignore the Obama regime then so be it. It's about time Israel snubbed the USA instead of the other way around.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

LOL. I didn't want to log in again and was simply browsing for a few minutes before going out

But your posts are inspired. Forced me to log-in so I could star you

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Haaretz featured the story:

“The Prime Minister leaves America disgraced, isolated and altogether weaker than when he came,” the Israeli daily newspaper Haaretz said.

and

Details emerging from Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to Washington remain incomplete, but the conclusion may nonetheless be drawn that the prime minister erred in choosing to fly to the United States this week. The visit - touted as a fence-mending effort, a bid to strengthen the tenuous ties between Netanyahu and U.S. President Barack Obama - only highlighted the deep rift between the American and Israeli administrations.

The prime minister leaves America disgraced, isolated, and altogether weaker than when he came.

Instead of setting the diplomatic agenda, Netanyahu surrendered control over it. Instead of leaving the Palestinian issue aside and focusing on Iran, as he would like, Netanyahu now finds himself fighting for the legitimacy of Israeli control over East Jerusalem.

and more:

At the start of his visit, Netanyahu was tempted to bask in the warm welcome he received at the AIPAC conference, at which he gave his emotional address on Jerusalem.

But at the White House, the prime minister's speech to thousands of pro-Israel activists and hundreds of cheering congressmen looked like an obvious attempt to raise political capital against the American president.

That's an Israeli newspaper claiming Netanyahu was attempting to sway Americans and 'hundreds of US congressmen against the American president

Did you see there how 'hundreds of American congressmen cheered Netanyahu ?

Who pays those American congressment ?

WHO PAYS Israel all those billions of dollars ?

Haarezt continues:

Netanyahu even warned the Palestinians that should they continue to demand a freeze on construction, he would postpone peace talks by a year.

His (Netanyahu's) arrogant tone underscored the fact that Netanyahu believed that on the strength of his AIPAC speech, he could call the next few steps of the diplomatic dance.

Yes. That is a very widely read Israeli newspaper describing Netanyahu as 'arrogant'

and it continues:

But then calamity struck. At their White House meeting, Obama made clear to his guest that the letter Netanyahu had sent was insufficient and returned it for further corrections.

Instead of a reception as a guest of honor, Netanyahu was treated as a problem child, an army private ordered to do laps around the base for slipping up at roll call.

The Americans didn't even wait for him to leave Washington to make their disagreement known. It was not the behavior Washington shows an ally, but the kind it shows an annoyance.

More at link:

www.haaretz.com...

So those who might believe this tale should not have been broadcast could perhaps direct their complaints re: Netanyahu's humiliation to the Israeli news source, Haaretz

I'm liking Obama more and more

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I took the time to read the Comments at the bottom of that Haaretz article

A real eye-opener !

From now on, regardless of what anyone might state to the contrary, I am going to regard those who post and argue against Obama as Israeli Megamouth trolls

The other day, an ATS poster equired as to why certain posters refer to the US President as Barack HUSSEIN Obama

Maybe the enquirer already knew, but was giving a heads-up to others

I couldn't help noticing, a moment ago while reading the Haaretz Comments section, that many referred to the US President as 'HUSSEIN'

Now, I suspect strongly that the virulent anti-Obama sentiments to be found in this and hundreds of other forums --- is a concerted campaign by Israeli Megamouths and other Israeli Online Forces

I'm surprised Americans are not more concerned about the fact that (as claimed by Haaretz) hundreds of US congressmen cheered Netanyahu as he attempted to 'raise political capital AGAINST the US President

If I were American, I'd be investigating to see if my political representatives were amongst those cheering a foreign leader ... one whose claimed-nation exists ONLY via the generosity of American citizens ... as that foreign leader sought to undermine my President

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
I took the time to read the Comments at the bottom of that Haaretz article

A real eye-opener !

From now on, regardless of what anyone might state to the contrary, I am going to regard those who post and argue against Obama as Israeli Megamouth trolls

You might as well becouse you are probably seen in the reverse light. This is one of those hate them or love them issues.

But really for me I see Obamas actions in keeping with his philosophy. He sees the Palestinian question in light of his sympathies toward the "poor and oppressed" but we hardly have something here along the lines of say Tibet although one could draw some similarities...both ways.

The Arab world with all of its vast land holdings and oil wealth not to mention religious and racial issues, looks more to me like what China is doing to Tibet. In the Jerusalem case the Palestinians do not possess a clear grievance in the matter but rather have been the tool of asundry Arab interests. So I reject Obamas sympathies here primarliy becouse the forces that drive the Palestiniaian are they same that have wanted them poor and weak in order to make a better application of them.

Its clear that many who grieve about lets say american indian issues and support thier various grievances do not consider that the Jews are simply trying to reassert themselves on thier homeland say like the Sioux at Wounded Knee. The difference being that the Jews dont fit the current model of an oppressed state drawing sympathies for thier poverty or advocates because of thier weakness.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

This brings to mind Obamas last trip to China. He went there with demands and points and whiel shown respect was reminded that he was not in a position to be bossy.

One Chinese offical even stated with some tact that "americans have to face certain realities." You know how can we tell you in a nice way that you dont have that kind of clout anymore. We practicaly own you.

So I really dont see him as having anymore understanding about the position of players in the middle east question. He wants to make demands on China while they turn red in the face out of embarrassment for him and then go over to the middle east and get back slaped, bow and scrape, genuflecting ect to assuage Arab arrogance.

So now he has a list of demands for the Jews. Oh really.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Obama is providing the world a taste of Post-American power. When America is no longer The Super Power of Planet Earth, the world will have to figure this stuff out for themselves. America is no longer the power we once were. We are tired and focused on our domestic problems. We no longer care.

Call China.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by CanadianDream420

That might be, but pressure from the military might also be a reason:

Did Petraeus briefing set stage for U.S.-Israel spat?

Petraeus also pointed out that progress in Middle East peace talks could seriously weaken the power of Iran:

“A credible U.S. effort on Arab-Israeli issues that provides regional governments and populations a way to achieve a comprehensive settlement of the disputes would undercut Iran’s policy of militant “resistance,” which the Iranian regime and insurgent groups have been free to exploit. Additionally, progress on the Israel-Syria peace track could disrupt Iran’s lines of support to Hamas and Hizballah…. As such, progress toward resolving the political disputes in the Levant, particularly the Arab-Israeli conflict, is a major concern for CENTCOM.”

source

Although the military is not ought to get politically involved, it is good to see that there are actually still powerful people left who do want to act in the interest of the American people, rather than that of Israel.

Syria.....as if they have been waiting around hat in hand or otherwise for peace. They hover over Lebanon like a beast injecting themselves when they see fit....killing pro Lebanese journalists and leaders that dont tow the line.....threatening real Lebanese nationalism with Hezbollah.

Lebanon only appears to be even slightly self ruled. Syria only allows this facade, its creation, for its own propaganda purposes. Maybe Israel could apply this model to Palistine for a resolution to its problems.

Anyway nothing is going to undermine Irans influence in Syria and Lebanon. Hezbollah if not used by Iran will be used by Syria anyway if for nothing else keeping Lebanon in check. Hezbollah considers Lebanon there anyway and Hezbollah is bought and paid for. Like Syria they to play the game of allowing it to look like Lebanon has a sort of democracy.

All the U.S. will do if they play the game in this article will be to become sucked into a trap. And as far as the American military presents becoming "eroded", whatever that means, Syrai and Iran need us over there if only to make themselves appear bigger than they are.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow. I've seen some right old nonsense on this thread, but this really takes the cake.

But the Obamanation doesn't get to impose demands on another country.

AS LONG AS IT'S ISRAEL.

Any other country, the US can threaten with anything from sanctions to military force to "flushing their economy down the toilet", which is what they did to Ireland because the Irish didn't want the US using Shannon airport as a staging post for the illegal invasion of Iraq.

As for all that "manly" stuff about Duty Coming Before Family... what a load of pompous guff. Being rude to Israel is probably the only language they understand.

Maybe Americans will one day realise how ludicrously biased their media is towards a nasty, apartheid little regime that rivals the Nazis for racism and contempt for civilised values.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Why are we even remotely surprised? He is 25% of the way through his first term and he STILL has no foreign policy experience.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

What a bumbling fool we have for a president. I thought obama was supposed to be this great orator? He don't get his way he stomps out to have dinner with the family? This is a real great way to treat a US ally.

We do not have a fool for a president. He may be the single biggest detriment our country has ever faced, but he knows what he is doing. These men.. when they have dinners.. they don't sit around and BS eachother. You have presidents/leaders that sit around with eachother, lie to eachothers face, and then you have the other presidents. The men. They don't @#@K around. You sit there just wasting time and you'll be left alone here, to stew, while I go and have dinner with my kids and wife. You're on my @#@%ing soil, I'm calling the shots now. Thats the message this guy was sending to the PM. You have to read between the lines. Less interesting is what they were arguing over. The more interesting thing is HOW they were arguing. You can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats another man when he is a guest in your "castle."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join