Obama snubbed Netanyahu for dinner with Michelle and the girls, Israelis claim

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Obama snubbed Netanyahu for dinner with Michelle and the girls, Israelis claim

www.telegraph.co.uk

Benjamin Netanyahu was left to stew in a White House meeting room for over an hour after President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of tense talks to have supper with his family, it emerged on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

When the Israeli prime minister stalled, Mr Obama rose from his seat declaring: "I'm going to the residential wing to have dinner with Michelle and the girls."

As he left, Mr Netanyahu was told to consider the error of his ways. "I'm still around," Mr Obama is quoted by Israel's Yediot Ahronot newspaper as having said. "Let me know if there is anything new."

For over an hour, Mr Netanyahu and his aides closeted themselves in the Roosevelt Room on the first floor of the White House to map out a response to the president's demands.

This is getting more interesting by the day. I fail to believe that this conflict is about some construction plans in Jerusalem only. If this story is true - and it would surprise me if it would be fully fictional - it would be very disrespectful. Regardless of the situation, Obama must have been furious about something for him to act like this.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why are we even remotely surprised? He is 25% of the way through his first term and he STILL has no foreign policy experience.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
This is getting more interesting by the day. I fail to believe that this conflict is about some construction plans in Jerusalem only. If this is true - and it would surprise me if such a story is fully fictional - it would be very disrespectful.Obama must have been furious about something for him to act like this.

Or, perhaps Obama knows what's important in life.

And dinner with his family is more important than that moronic buffoon.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
Why are we even remotely surprised? He is 25% of the way through his first term and he STILL has no foreign policy experience.

What a bumbling fool we have for a president. I thought obama was supposed to be this great orator? He don't get his way he stomps out to have dinner with the family? This is a real great way to treat a US ally.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Surely people should respect Obama as a family man. I imagine trying to negotiate with someone like Netanyahu, who claims right to build on area, because they have been there for 3,000 years, must be a difficult.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So, when Biden is in Israel, Israel makes an announcement that slaps the US in the face.
Coincidence? I Think not.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

What a bumbling fool we have for a president. I thought obama was supposed to be this great orator? He don't get his way he stomps out to have dinner with the family? This is a real great way to treat a US ally.

An even better way would be to pull all U.S aid and support and let them do what they want without involving us.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nicely done Barry
Way to put that Zionist Bibi back in his box...

The way Israel has treated the US, Britain, Australia and its so called other "allies" of late has been disgusting...

First we have those murderers from Mossad using forged passports belonging to the nations of their so called "allies"...Then we have more illegal settlement building in East Jerusalem, announced just as the US vice-president visits Israel to try and get the peace process back on track...

Now the US, Australia and other countries need to man up and follow the UK's lead and start expelling Israeli "diplomats"...Start with their spies, and if they don't smarten up and play ball, start expelling senior consular staff, then the ambassador/consul...

Or maybe Michelle simply forgot Bibi was coming and cooked a nice roast shoulder of pork for dinner ? Dont think Bibi would like that

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Surely people should respect Obama as a family man. I imagine trying to negotiate with someone like Netanyahu, who claims right to build on area, because they have been there for 3,000 years, must be a difficult.

NO, NO, NO. As a 23 year Air Force veteran I am going to invoke one of the three AF core values- SEVICE BEFORE SELF. This was not an example of that core value. He is the POTUS (sad, but true) and he has a job to do. Dinner with family can wait.

I put my family second on numerous occasions and my job was no where near as important.

Edited for spelling stupidity.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ratcals]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Whether you like his politics or not.. the man is not a "bumbling fool"

Obama does know how to play the game, when needed.

It sounds like he called a bluff...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Good for Obama. Family comes first...especially when there is nothing constructive to add to the dialogue between him and Netanyahu. The Israelis sure have been whining about the US a lot lately. Maybe the Department of Homeland Security should up their "Terrorist Threat Level"...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How rude.
This man really needs a crash course in protocol.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The only hosting I'd do for Bibi is host him a blanket party like in Full Metal Jacket. As an American, the thought of him in the White house makes me ill.

The Obama-Israel politics are so weird. Sometimes he panders, sometimes he snubs them hard. I wish I knew the true motives behind Obama's attitude towards Israel. If he's truly just pragmatic about it then I give him props. Very hard to read.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Whether you like his politics or not.. the man is not a "bumbling fool"

Obama does know how to play the game, when needed.

It sounds like he called a bluff...

My sentiments exactly. Yet, IMO Netanyahu is a true leader. Maybe people in this country dont understand the complexity of the recent issues with Israel. Netanyahu truly cares about his country's future more than anything else. Our politicians could learn a thing or two from this man, instead we have leaders who go against the will of the people, then go on live television so drunk with power they drop F bombs. What an interesting place in history to be living through...

I do know that the Israeli military are some tough SOB's. I would rather fight on their side then against them any day. And, you know what? When you're the POTUS sometimes you have to skip dinner with the family. If Bush would have done this....
people would go on and on about how hes such an elitist, hes so selfish, hes so out of touch... well looks like Ol' Georgie passed the torch eh?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Lets see it is one of the biggest issues dividing the world and both sides are basically wanting to kill each other Hmmm. Are we having meat loaf tonight? This goes to show something is very wrong in this country and it seems like they want this great nation and the world to collapse. To bad they will be in some under ground bunker while we play dodge the crazy guy with a gun.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

This is getting more interesting by the day. I fail to believe that this conflict is about some construction plans in Jerusalem only.

it's about war with Iran...

do you think the media wasn't allowed in the suite because they didnt want a photo op??? you never bring in media when war planning is underway.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is one of the few things he's done that I like.

Yeah, Obama will show you just who you control....that's why they don't like him, they can't control him.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Come on don't be naive.

Getting up and leaving to go for dinner aka "the walk out" in mid-negotiation is a strategic/negotiation move by POTUS that sends a very clear message.

Foreign Policy experience? Thats what Clinton is for.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

NO, NO, NO. As a 23 year Air Force veteran I am going to invoke one of the three AF core values- SEVICE BEFORE SELF. This was not an example of that core value. He is the POTUS (sad, but true) and he has a job to do. Dinner with family can wait.

I put my family second on numerous occasions and my job was no where near as important.

Edited for spelling stupidity.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ratcals]

Many of you seem to be missing the point. He did not just walk out because he was mad. He got tired of waiting so he said he was going to go about his business until there was something else to say. He basically said - if you want to sit here and stare, do it alone. Come get me when you are ready to talk.

What is so bad about that?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum