It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop's Upcoming Content-Aware Fill Feature Looks Like Magic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You guys really have to check this out. I mean, seriously, this type of content-aware algorithm is crazy advanced. If this is being made available to the general populace, do you really think you can trust any images or video released by the government from here on out?

No images or video recorded after the late 1990's will be trustworthy from this point on, the ability to doctor it is simply far too advanced.

As Photoshop CS5 is launching in the next few months, i SERIOUSLY suggest to ATS that they re-vamp their existing hoax detection strategy and develop new rules to deal with this. We are in for a rough road when this gets into the hands of the hoax community.

You thought the Caret drones were bad? You ain't seen nothin yet...

[edit on 24-3-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow. As an amateur graphic artist, I know exactly what he's talking about when he says it'd be nearly impossible to do the things that content aware feature can do. Amazing. Me want!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
too good to be true coz it totally looks photoshopped.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Tell me about it Nicodeme ! Me want too

*goes looking for torrents*

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This makes me sadly excited

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Holy spam in a can!!!!

While I want, want, WANT- it does make ya wonder who's had THIS nifty tool...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A rarity......I'm wordless.

2nd = Wow! & Thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
WOW that is awesome!

That is such a time saver right there. I'm curious on the specs of the machine it will take to run that. I'm assuming that will be in PS CS5 whenever that comes out. It looks like you'll need a fairly strong machine with a decent amount of memory to run that efficiently.

That is a very cool feature.

You can find more info on the program at www.cs5.org... even though the site seems to be extremely slow right now.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
absolutely amazing technology here
next question:

can it insert a naked woman also???
hahahaha

I wonder if NASA is using this on the moon
and mars photos??? It would be cool to get
this program and try it out on a moon photo
that content has been removed and then use the
wand and then compare it to NASA's pics.
If you get a match, then u'll know NASA's
is fake

great post
star & flag

[edit on 24-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Wow, I am going to become a Photoshop GOD!
That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen in terms of graphics software, this will completely change how I approach imaging.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm a photoshop user, and damn I just can't figure this one out. It seems impossible? how can it calculate that?

I'm feel like saying FAKE, but it really might not be. Technology these days eh?

Edit: It might be some guy pretending it's a new feature, and it really took him quite a while to create that video lol.

I made a quick search and it seems like the only sources about this, is the youtube video.

Not saying I'm 100% sure, but it just looks like an april fools joke. Even thou it's not april fools.

I hope it's real thou, let's hope I'm wrong.

Edit again: Ok it's probably real lol. But I'll be still suspicious until it's in my hands haha.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's definitely not fake. Just Google content-aware fill. Adobe just demonstrated it today. Yes it'll be in CS5 which comes out April 12. Can't wait now!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Wow, I mean wow! They must have some truly astounding software engineers to pull that off.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Corrobarated on credible site:

www.macrumors.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
And to think, I used to do crap like that by hand! Oh... wait.. I still gotta. No $$ for the magic solution.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh, the video reminds me of this old one.

Microsoft Unwrap Mosaic. August 2008.

This one from October 2009

Imagine the processing power that is needed to combine those two.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ummm as a photographer, web designer and graph designer i am amazing at the new features. The last one with the dirt road blew my mind.. i have no idea how the F it can do that.. unreal.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder if this can calculate and remove clothing..........................

Uh nevermind !!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
ummm as a photographer, web designer and graph designer i am amazing at the new features. The last one with the dirt road blew my mind.. i have no idea how the F it can do that.. unreal.

Yeah as a big photoshop user, lets hope this is real!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is terrifying.

Just think about this for a moment. You thow away or lose an old photo of yourself.

The photo is an action shot of you doing something fun like skating, or surfing, or riding your horse.

Someone who has nefarious purposes picks up that photo.

They can take you out of the photo, insert you into an image of something else, perhaps a murder scene.

Now imagine that they have a video of that murder scene, and Photo shop is able to "intelligently extrapolate" edges, and objects from snippets...

Snippets of your image could be inserted into these series of images, and you could be shown to be at a crime scene, when in reality you were a thousand miles away, etc.

Imagine that this technology has been around, at least in prototype form for a couple of years...

Wow.... just wow.

Having said all that, I'd like to get my hands on a copy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join