It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop's Upcoming Content-Aware Fill Feature Looks Like Magic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you can do this using GIMP with an addon called Resynthesizer.
It's even been out for a few years.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i work with CS4 all day long...this can be done now with the stamp/clone tool...they just made it possible to use a brush tool for the same results...big deal.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by jeddun]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This simply means that all of those high paying graphic jobs will become absolete!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
wow,
my first reaction is one of 'fake' aswell, the result seems more like an original photo instead of an edited one.
But if this is real, then I'm sad and exited about it at the same time.

This would save a lot of time, unfortunately such a future in PS would make me feel less of an artist.
When I'm working on a photo for hours straight and I finally have the result I wanted it gives me satisfaction... Imagine now 'everyone' will be able to do this in just a few min....

well, I have to see it with my own eyes first...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The last Photoshop World conference that I attended, I was in an advanced masking class - and sitting on one side of me was a group from the FBI, and on the other side was a group from the CIA. (They weren't hiding, it was on their nametags.)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
No images or video recorded after the late 1990's will be trustworthy from this point on, the ability to doctor it is simply far too advanced.

Nobody in their right mind would accept any image that has been re-saved as evidence. Take for example those (so-called) UFO photos people submit. Unless an image is a copy of the ORIGINAL IMAGE straight from the camera, un-edited, un-resized, un-anything, etc., you can't trust it. Many camera manufacturers (maybe all of them now) also embed authentication data in their images, thus making it possible to determine if someone had tried to pass off an edited digital photo (such data is necessary so that digital cameras can be used for forensic work/evidence). NEVER accept someone's re-saved image as any kind of evidence.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join