It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli media claims leader bowed to US pressure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Israeli media claims leader bowed to US pressure

www.maannews.net

According to the Hebrew-language daily Inyan Merkazi on Wednesday, US President Barack Obama was explicit in his directives to Israel. "The US will not use its veto at the UN Security Council if you do not agree to American demands. We will let you face the international outcry alone."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The daily further reported that Netanyahu swore to meet the following list of demands to:

- Noticably ease the siege on Gaza
- Remove several military checkpoints in the West Bank
- Release hundreds of Fatah-affiliated prisoners
- Allow construction material into Gaza
- Freeze settlement construction in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, for an indefinite period.

The sources noted there were several other American demands that were also met.

If this turns out to be true, it is both amazing and shocking. I couldn't have imagined that this would evolve into a situation in which Obama would use the 'veto' card, which illustrates how severe this conflict actually is.

Without the protection of the US in the UN security council, Israel would face catastrophic problems. Until now, the US has always vetoed resolutions against Israel. Therefore, it would make sense if Netanyahu did bow to US pressure.

The amazing aspect of this is, that the US is the only country that could pressure Israel enough to become really dedicated to a constructive solution to peace. Without their pressure, a peace agreement is impossible.

It is going to be interesting to see if Obama has the guts to continue under heavy pressure from the pro-Israel lobby that will definitely occur.

www.maannews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

you do know they have britain aswell?
since the UK has also used its Veto powers in faver of Israel.

and this whole the US would let israel stand on its own?
how long would Obama last with the dogs from the IPAC or what ever its called,
calling for his ass on a silver platter?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Britain often abstains when it comes to touchy resolutions against Israel. In reality, I do not see the US stopping to use its veto and that doesn't really bother me. The message is clear: engage in serious peace negotiations or face the consequences - that should be strong enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm finding this hard to believe myself - but very interesting if true, to say the least! I would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting room

I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be significant, one way or another...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

That's a nice media spin as the main conflict was about stopping illegal settlements and Israel is going ahead with it. It's amusing to see that the main issue which was illegal settlements is not one listed by MSM, for what purpose? * To show people that indeed US makes it's own foreign policy and decision?
* Or to show in global circle how Israel is taking steps to solve the issue (which it is not)?

If it wasn't so blatantly obvious and distasteful it would have been funny.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Obama use of UN veto power and also his illegal and unconstitutional position as President of the UN Security Council to threaten the general welfare of Israel by threatening to vote against Israel and thus leaving Israel to fin for itself is the loudest message Israel could have received.

Of course I have been saying this exact thing for a month now, as such Obama has not surprised me one bit. While I don't exactly know what this means to Israel in the larger scheme of things, the fact that Israel is being blackmailed is typical for the criminal corrupt gang being led by Don Corleone Obama.

Time will tell where this goes. I just hope we survive it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Watching the news last night,

When the Israeli's left with all the aids etc, also from the door with them came a very highly uniformed US Man, he looked like Air Force or maybe one of the joint chiefs.

I watched his body language closely, and his eyes and smile, rather lack of one.

He looked as if he had a bit of a weight on his soldiers, he looked like the only one besides politicians and Press officers who wasnt smiling.

He very much looked like I or friends do when we are very very deep in thought about something that needs to be done, a big change, or a big day ahead.

He looked like a tough or deep time was ahead, like a Man who had just been given his divorce notice.

Thats what I picked up.

Thats where the real news is. This was the real meeting, of the 1.5 hours they met I bet the UK passport affair, 9/11 and mossad links, and palestine took about 20 mins.

We all know what they were really talking about for the last hour or so, and why such a senior member of the american Armed services needed to be their. Briefcase and all.

Interesting that, he was the only one who left with a briefcase..

I ignore the MSM on news such as this, the Spin, what is being said to Israel, its all a game for them planned and just lip service.

Look at the eys, body language, NLP signs of those who are not Actros/Politicians and Press diplomats.

The real truth is there.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 24-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LINK

"Is this another 'unfortunate' mistake? Is this another 'misunderstanding?'" said Cabel, a member of the Labor Party, which sits in the governing coalition.

"Netanyahu decided to spit into Obama's eye, this time from up close. He and his pyromaniac ministers insist on setting the Middle East ablaze."

Mod Edit: Repaired link skewing the page.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Israel will back down in certain areas, i have no doubts. In all cases when there was real friction between Israel and US , Israel folded.
However i do not think that what is described will happen. If it does, next day there will be no coalition in Israel. Also - news source cited is not among the top, i never saw it printed - only internet site. It is surely not Debka - there are real news there. But it is not the place anyone would leak stuff to,simply due to low ratings.
So if you want my opinion - Israel will fold on West bank. There will be release of prisoners. There will be announcement about parts of East Jerusalem, however on the ground there still will be works - there will simply be no public declarations. That's it. Anything less - US will not agree. Anything more - Israeli government will fall.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Breaking on BBC News

news.bbc.co.uk...

Looks like nothing was resolved. Strange - there's obviously a lot more going here than we know about.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

The amazing aspect of this is, that the US is the only country that could pressure Israel enough to become really dedicated to a constructive solution to peace. Without their pressure, a peace agreement is impossible.

Let me rephrase that a bit...The only thing US need to do is stop their ridiculous vetoing in UN and EU...and then things would have its way for israel, and this wouldnt be pretty...but you are right also, the US has the control over the safetypin on the AK aimed to israel from Europe...

top topics

join