It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I like many others here have attempted to give a little insight on Aussie culture, and as others have said (perfectly I might add) Aussie Culture must be lived in order to understand it's beauty, what we have can't be taught, it must be experienced...

Personally, I doubt you will take in any point of view we share... Somehow you will manage to disassemble it to suit your needs...

Below is the simplest way I can describe our Nation's development, with the last sentance describing what I fear may be our demise.

Take a bowl of water, chuck in some ingredients here and there and mix for flavour, add more as you go, carefully making sure one ingredient does not overpower another.

Add too many ingredients too quickly, and the soup will spoil.

[edit on 25/3/10 by 7even]

[edit on 25/3/10 by 7even]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
After having lived in Oz for extended periods I have to agree with the OP... Some parts of Sydney are starting to resemble the Lebanon and India (Summer Hill if i remember).. Melbourne too... Not what you expect to see when you visit Oz!

But thats life
Ifeel for you guys... Its the same in the UK but apart from getting all draconian there is not much we can do..

So will leave you with some sage advise from the very Aussie Chopper fkn Reid...

Excuse the language though!

Chopper Fkn Reid

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Firstly just maybe part of your 'culture' is derived from part of the culture from which many immigrants come from.

Possibly. But the current culture is uniquely Australian and most people living here want to keep it that way. One can trace history back far enough in ANY country on Earth and find that native people were misplaced and mistreated. Does this mean that every single country on Earth owes their cultural status to those who existed in that land before? Should every country open up their borders and let massive numbers of immigrants enter?

Secondly are you saying that a majority of immigrants do not support Australia's 'culture'? Please give examples if so, otherwise what did you mean?

Not the majority, but a number large enough to make life unpleasant for Australians already living here. You would have to be living here, walking the streets, using public transport or going to the post office to understand. It is taboo for the Australian media to portray ethnic minorities as the culprits for civil disobedience (even though they are responsible for much of the anti-social behaviour that occurs). It is more fashionable for the Media to imply White on non-white violence and insist Causation Australians have a race problem.

[edit on 25/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I feel for ya. Here in the US we have the same problem, only in some ways probably worse. Between all of the illegals and their entitlements and the MSM promoting the "Thug" lifestyle we're getting where you are quick. There are parts of this country that you would swear were in Mexico, between the sheer numbers of illegals the business signage etc. Then we have the wanna be thugs....no respect for society at large, no self respect, no sense of personal responsibility. You can thank things like MTV and parents for that nonsense. If you want to come here, you need to be an American, if you were born here, act like it.....not some thug seeking to victimize others and seek entitlements for life. Learn the damn language, raise your children correctly, if things were so great where you came from, that you still feel the need to live like that, move back.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whateverpedia

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by whateverpedia
reply to post by Dark Ghost

By Australian culture are you referring to Anglo/Irish/Euro culture?

Or Aboriginal culture, which certainly was destroyed by the influx of Anglo/Irish/Euro immigrants over the last two hundred odd years

If you knew ANYTHING about australian culture you would know that aborigional culture is alive and well and taught in schools. Some was lost but it was not completely destroyed.

You should also know that australia has a large jewish and chinese population.. many jewish people came here escaping concentration camps and the chinese have been here since the victorian gold rush. en.wikipedia.org...

"The Afghan Camelmen" also had quite an impact on our culture as they allowed inland australia to be opened up for development.
www.southaustralianhistory.com.au... "The Ghan" train was named in their honour and travels from adelaide all the way to Darwin. It's 2,979 kilometres (1,852 miles) long. en.wikipedia.org...

Not forgetting of course Kiwis and Samoans.. but apparently some people don't even know where australia or NZ are..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With THAT ind of ignorance it's no wonder some northerners think aussie culture consists of riding kangaroos and bbqing shrimp.

Thats just a few examples where aussie culture is influenced by things other than anglo/irish/euro culture.. but It's fairly clear you already have your own preconceptions you'd rather stick to.. :shk:

[edit on 25-3-2010 by riley]

Now that truly is ignorant.

I was born in Perth (that's in Western Australia - ultra sarcasm intended) in 1962, which is probably 30 years before you were a twinkle in your next door neighbours' eye.

I await your apology (but won't hold my breath).

I have nothing to apologise for. If you are australian.. why bother asking what makes aussie culture in the first place? You should already know aussie culture is not just made up of anglo, irish and european cultures.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

Wonder if the Aborigines felt kinda the same way when the Brits arrived...?

Those that continue to live in the past will find it very hard to achieve happiness and contentment in the present and the future. The dispossession of Indigenous Australians is a dark part of our history and not one we have forgotten.

However, how can Australians today preserve all the good qualities and attributes of the country today if mistakes of the past are continually brought up?

Why should Australia allow its current civilisation to be derided by the mass influx of foreigners, many of whom do not respect and appreciate Australia and its qualities?

So what you are saying is Australia is changing because of this new "mass influx" as you put it?
Well, that was my point, Australia changed when the Brits came along with it's "mass influx of foreigners", it changed both for the original inhabitants and for the new ones.

Today is much the same situation, it is up to the Australians what is to become of it. It's up to the Australians today to preserve the good qualities of today and to remember and learn from past mistakes.

Look at the newcomers as a resource instead, their culture can not only be bad I'm sure, and in time the newly arrived people will learn and respect the Aussie culture and it's qualities both good and bad.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by spearhead

Great post, pretty similiar to my own experience.
My family have been here for 7 generations. nearly as long as Federation and we've lost many family members in both Wars.
We are full blooded AUSSIES. It seems many here don't know the meaning of the word "immigrant".

Who f*ckin cares how many generations you are?????
My dad was born in New Zealand, my mum in Perth. I speak and act and was probably raised almost the same way you are.

Geez there are some crazy nationalists in my country.

Answer me this, how would you feel if your great grandfather was an Arab and you only just found out tomorrow?

[edit on 26/3/2010 by believer81]

[edit on 26/3/2010 by believer81]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think the title of the thread should have been: Recalcitrant immigrants,killing Australian law and order,uses social services not found in home countries to promote sectarian violence in host country.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by believer81
Answer me this, how would you feel if your great grandfather was an Arab and you only just found out tomorrow?

You have not been reading. If someone found out they had an arab grandfather it would just mean they had an arab grandfather. It would not make them less aussie.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by believer81

My great great grandfather was born in Australia so your F* n (as you put it) point is mute.

People seem to wear their JEALOUSY on their sleeve.

My reply was in responce to the word IMMIGRANT. How can you be a bleedin' IMMIGRANT when your ancestors have been here 200 YEARS? My point was people don't know the meaning of the word immigrant.
Please wise up and READ. Thank you that is all.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Flighty]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Exactly, I agree.

It would be like saying that we all migrated out of Africa originally (according to popular theory) and so therefore the whole world are immigrants!!
The argument is so stupid.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
[My great great grandfather was born in Australia so your F* n (as you put it) point is mute.

People seem to wear their JEALOUSY on their sleeve.

Jealous of white nationalists? Dont think so buddy. Thats the whole reason I choose to live as much of my life in other countries. Australia is full of em.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This is the same thing occurring across the globe, wherever europeans have carved out culture and civilisation- whether it is in Europe itself, USA, Canada or AUstralia/NZ

These areas are infested by a cancer called "Multi culturalism" alongside large scale immigration- mix the two and you are sowing the seeds of destruction.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by believer81

if being proud of who i am and where i live means i'm racist, then you said it.
if wanting what i had throughout my youth for my children, which was a big ass backyard, plenty of room to move and community to be proud of, makes me racist then you said it....
this is not about race... and i'm no nationalist...

this is a nationalist!
White Nationalist

and i am far from that.... being in western australia where you only see yourself, the dirt and the dirt leads me too believe you haven't experienced the problem and are therefore akin to denying it!

[edit on 31/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The personal stuff stops right now!

If you can not bring yourself to be polite, don't bother posting. The issue is "Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture."

Not each other. This issue can be, and will be, discussed politely.

Remember: Not Each Other.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join