It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bible Bashers, Christian child abuse?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

Wow gotta watch what I say. I created more hate, way to go me.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I bet the poor little thing was made to repent his sins for that slip-up.

And being of such a vulnerable age and in a state of emotional high, the memory will be tucked away ready to reappear like a jack in the box later in life when he least needs it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by walsbg22

I hope that you know I was just kidding about hating you or people like you. I could not resist the irony of both hating your statement about hate as well as exclaiming God in this thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yodagod
reply to post by woodwytch

I bet the poor little thing was made to repent his sins for that slip-up.

And being of such a vulnerable age and in a state of emotional high, the memory will be tucked away ready to reappear like a jack in the box later in life when he least needs it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Woody

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

What kind of freaked me out was how they were inciting the children against the government. Poor little kids. I had never seen that before, but it sure makes a lot of the stuff coming from the right make sense now. These kids dont even have a chance to figure out for themselves if what these guys are preaching is consistent with what Jesus said or not.

(Which it isnt, Jesus advocated for a separation of religion and state too)

I felt awful for them when they were all crying and having their hands washed to cleanse them of the sin of behaving like other children when they are not in church.

If you cant make believers out of children without doing that to them, there is something wrong with the religion.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What kind of scares me is when I think about child stars the troubles they run into sometimes simply for falling out of the limelight. What happens to these kids if someday, no one cares anymore. After years of not only being loved but worshiped, prayed to, look to for salvation, and then some day you are just a guy. What kind of kids would they be then? Maybe worse, what if they just get bigger and bigger. If they live their whole life reinforcing beliefs they were taught at such a young age would mean they are never open to actually experience anything at all and actually mature as a person. I think no matter what, most of these kids have a scary future.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Where did you run off to, this was just starting to get really fun.

Abortion: Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”

Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry. Is not terminating a pregnancy unnaturally “abortion”?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

After years of not only being loved but worshiped, prayed to, look to for salvation, and then some day you are just a guy.

Look how Michael Jackson turned out and he was worshiped to the very end !

I tell you dude there's something mentally wrong with these chrisitians, those children should be taken into care.

What happens when one of their families becomes terminally ill and they finally accept that all the faith healing was BS who're they going to blame when the magik dries up ?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

If you cant make believers out of children without doing that to them, there is something wrong with the religion.

Interesting choice of words --- "make believe"

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yodagod

Look how Michael Jackson turned out and he was worshiped to the very end !

I tell you dude there's something mentally wrong with these chrisitians, those children should be taken into care.

What happens when one of their families becomes terminally ill and they finally accept that all the faith healing was BS who're they going to blame when the magik dries up ?

That is exactly what I was thinking just to a slightly different degree. While I am sure Jackson had his share of nuts and more worshippers than these kids ever will but people are coming to these children as a window to their god. That seems scary on a whole new level to me. Imagine the ego on a kid that not only thinks everyone wants to hear him sing a song but also wants him to heal them and save them and bring Jesus to them. That just really freaks me out.

I agree these kids should be taken into care. I still have not made it all the way through Jesus Camp because parts of it just make me so angry but this thread got me thinking I need to go dig it out and finish it. I really want to see a follow up on kids that went through stuff like this. I think it would be fascinated to see where they are in their 30s.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I really want to see a follow up on kids that went through stuff like this. I think it would be fascinated to see where they are in their 30s.

Either in the middle east working for uncle sam or in rehab.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hahahaaha, I just watched that Jesus Camp videos. Can't believe they're honestly teaching children that Harry Potter is "an enemy of God". Those people are craaaaazy

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

I'm a Christian and I agree. That is wrong. That is all I have to say.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole: someone's right to raise their children as they see fit, providing food, shelter, love and guidance. However, this frightens me to my core. My concern about this subject is the cognitive ability of children this young:

"Developmental Stage & Approximate Age

Characteristic Behavior

Preoperational Phase
(2-4 years)

Increased use of verbal representation but speech is egocentric. The beginnings of symbolic rather than simple motor play. Transductive reasoning. Can think about something without the object being present by use of language.

Intuitive Phase
(4-7 years)

Speech becomes more social, less egocentric. The child has an intuitive grasp of logical concepts in some areas. However, there is still a tendency to focus attention on one aspect of an object while ignoring others. Concepts formed are crude and irreversible. Easy to believe in magical increase, decrease, disappearance. Reality not firm. Perceptions dominate judgment. In moral-ethical realm, the child is not able to show principles underlying best behavior. Rules of a game not develop, only uses simple do's and don'ts imposed by authority."

source:
www.childdevelopmentinfo.com...

I view this as indoctrination pure and simple. Children who lack the foundation, experience, and indeed, cognitive reasoning and basic judgment skills to handle this type of pressure. Complex religious teachings/dogma is tough enough, nevermind preaching it to others. As an adult, all bets are off. But I consider this to be cruel and unusual treatment of the young.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

Scary isn't it? It's one thing to teach kids the familiar fables in the Bible because many of them aren't so different from other fairy-tales but it becomes an issue when they become hate filled or so engrossed and indoctrinated as to have no identity of their own.

It truly is scary the cult mentality of some Christian denominations and fringe groups but I'm not sure if it counts as abuse.

If it does than so should the morons who force their kids into sports or music based on their own desires and to live out their own failed aspirations or the ones that force their kids into show-biz (they had a TV show about it I think) - those parents are often just as scary and the kids often just as blissfully unaware of the damage being done.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auntie Matter
Normally, I wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole: someone's right to raise their children as they see fit, providing food, shelter, love and guidance. However, this frightens me to my core. My concern about this subject is the cognitive ability of children this young:

It is a question we as a species are going to have to address one day, especially since so many of these groups seem intent on brainwashing aggression towards "others" into these children.

(which is SO not what Jesus was going for.....)

At what point to parents rights stop, and a child and future adults rights begin?

Does a parent have a right to program a child, to literally brainwash him or her? Teaching a child religion is one thing, but this kind of stuff really crosses the boundary of instruction. Like you say, this is indoctrination pure and simple. Its the kind of brainwashing people decry when "cults" do, but these loonies hiding behind the banner of "Christianity" are getting away with.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Originally posted by angrymomma
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Yes, if the child wants to preach he can. But does a 7 year old child REALLY know anything about abortion or homosexuality, other than what they are told by their parents? You think this child hears both sides of the story?! You think this child gets to talk to the people that made the choices they did? No, all they have is their parents filling the child's head with things THE PARENTS WANT them to believe. These kids are not making up their own minds.

Considering that our kindergarten children are now being "indoctrinated" with teachings involving homosexuality, and abortion, etc........ I'd say it's a good idea to teach your children - before satan has a chance to.

And yes, the homosexual "agenda" is being taught in our schools - all levels - it's been discussed on ATS many times - and will continue to be discussed as it is an outrage for any parent, or even non parents.

Either or, it's sick that kids need to be taught about these things. Why should a child know about abortions and homosexuality? Where I'm from we didn't even learn about heterosexuality as a kid. You either like girls or you like guys.

And hey, I'm a heterosexual. Who'da thunk it?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Hahahaaha, I just watched that Jesus Camp videos. Can't believe they're honestly teaching children that Harry Potter is "an enemy of God". Those people are craaaaazy

Oh yeah, it happens. When I was a kid my Dad wouldn't let us watch Scooby Doo, celebrate Halloween and didn't want me to own Pokemon cards back when they first came out because of all the satanic rumors swirling around them...

These people are nuts.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
And if there was a 6 year old debating these kids about how stupid the bible is or how there is no god people would be pointing out how smart that little kid was.
Little kid sees the preacher and notices that people like the guy speaking so he wants to be that, that is what kids do.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by zaiger]

What would be proper in your opinion?
What religious training do you have?
Should anyone ever get religious training?
Just curious as to what you compare this to.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Oh yeah, it happens. When I was a kid my Dad wouldn't let us watch Scooby Doo, celebrate Halloween and didn't want me to own Pokemon cards back when they first came out because of all the satanic rumors swirling around them...

These people are nuts.

Let me see now. I hope you are not calling you own dad nuts here. That would be a major flaw in your ability to respect others.
Did your Dad also make you go to church when you were the same age as the kids in the videos.?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join