It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television Reform Act of 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Slipping? Nonsense. I use satire to get my point across. Where are all the pro-health care people who can come in here and state the difference between forcing people to purchase cable television and forcing people to purchase health care?

Arguably, both of them or human rights that should be guaranteed to all. The idea of logic and actual substance seems to escape those who would look to the 'greater good' no matter the cost.

Yeah, your brilliant 'satire" has left us all speechless.

Looking forward to your next postcard from the state of delusion!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Thanks for the clear-up of the US system. I have to say, I was wondering what all the fuss was about, because I was imagining it was going to be a similar system to ours, where, you simply pay a very small percentage of your wage (a tax essentially) and never have to worry about medical bills again. Also, over here, you don't pay at all until you're 16 and only if you have a job.

Yeah, your new system sucks!!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Thank you (and thisguyrighthere) for throughly answering the questions I've been asking since this whole healthcare debate exploded on ATS. I've asked more than once but I think people's passions have understandably gotten in the way of answering what I wanted to know, so again, thanks.

And I have to say that I agree with you guys 100% about not wanting to be forced to buy ANYTHING from a private company who does not have your best interests at heart. I can't imagine having to deal with an insurance company for matters of health, and you guys must feel cheated by your government for not taking this a step further and creating a health care system free from the private sector.

I am sincerley sorry you guys have to deal with this seemingly useless new system that has few benefits, or perhaps should I say, only benefits a few.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Frankly, I don't think your proposed legislation is all that much of a stretch. They are already discussing that cell phones are now considered a "necessary" communications device. Hell, there was an entire hoopla piece written about the need for all homeless people to have cell phones in order to be able to find work.

If owning a cell phone is going to eventually become a person's right, regardless of income and ability to pay, why not TV? I mean, until having Internet access also becomes a right, how else are people going to receive their daily dose of propaganda?

Well, I suppose when Sony & Advent also need a bailout it'll happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
LOL;
someone should make a video of this and post it on youtube;
then we could all make it go viral;

and you should also email this to all the people in government

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

im really thinking of throwng mine in the river.. im sick of being inside

edit: spelling and oops

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Dumb.
To compare TV, ( yes i know you are attempting satire), with life and death issues is simply dumb.
Would you be so flippant if it was your loved one suffering?
If you can't grasp issues any better than this, why post?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by OldDragger]

How is this satire dumb? It would serve to get the Federal Empire's message to every citizen, and keep everyone in line. Make sure eveyone thinks the same way. You'd be all for that, right?

There are millions of people suffering because they can't watch Two and a Half Men every week, missing all that thought-provoking humor that comes from Charlie Sheen's drunken gob.

In case you don't get it, when I say "thought-provoking humor" I really mean "tasteless dick jokes".

Great analogy, OP.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm sorry. Usually, If I don't have anything positive to add, I won't post but, this is different.

Comparing this to the Passing of the Healthcare Act is just, Dumb.
It's trying to make the HealthCare Reform Act look like something it's not.

The HEalthcare Act is neccessary for the American's way of life. Whether you like it or not, Most of the rest of the World is enjoying free healtcare and no-one I know is worse off ffrom it. People who are against the Healthcare reform are the same people who Complain when they get sick, that there's no Healthcare to help them or they're too Poor to afford it.

It's about time people wake up and take notice that America is falling behind the rest of the World in Healthcare. Now, at least, it's starting toi make up for it. It might be late but, it's better late than never..

I'll say it again. The Original Post is just Idiotic and a waste of time.

Maybe someone can help me understand the stupidity of this Thread Starter? Can anyone enlighten me on what the OP is trying to get at?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
Whether you like it or not, Most of the rest of the World is enjoying free healthcare and no-one I know is worse off from it.

Would be awesome if it were actually free.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Well with all of this talk of health care reform and how necessary it is in the current state, I have come up with the next bill to be passed by Congress for the 'greater good' of the American people.

It will ensure that one of the most historic personal rights is fulfilled for everyone:

CABLE TELEVISION!

That is why I am proposing a bill that requires all American citizens to own a television and purchase cable.

Television Reform Act of 2010

The television has to be up to "green" standards so it must be a new product. Any persons who own an unqualified television will be issued a 5% income tax increase to make up for their carbon emissions.

Any persons who do not purchase a full cable package by the year 2014, will be charged fines to make up for the cost of what the average American cable package would cost multiplied by 7.

Children will be able to use their parents cable up until age 26, in which they will be required to purchase their own cable package.

A mandatory standard of television use will be 8 hours a day. In home televisions will be monitored with implanted chips to measure the amount of watch television. For every hour under the proposed mandatory minimum, families will be charged no more than $100 per hour.

The bill is roughly 2000 pages long with a lot of other junk in there, but you don't need to worry about that. It's all good.

The great thing is that this will extend cable television to 30+ million people. Let's all email and write our representatives to get this breathtaking, historical plan into action today. After all, there are so many people living today WITHOUT cable that something HAS to be done. It doesn't matter how BAD that something actually is, as long as something is done - the government can do no harm!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by gwydionblack]

Please, please, please....dont DARE to give Obama any ideas, he might like it and try to implement it...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You did not mention a Cadillac tax for owners of television sets above 48".

Union members would of course be exempt from this.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

STOP GIVING THEM IDEAS!

I understand the whole post is sarcasm but, remember, there are plenty of idiots out there in government who think exactly this same way. They may read this and think it's serious and decide they will make a name for themselves by championing this cause.

Governments grow by creating new rights they deem must be enforced upon the people. For every new "right" they invent to shove down our throats, it seems a little more of our true freedom slips away.

I had the exact same thought as you, it wasn't reading the OP that scared me, it was the fact there are people out there that actually believe in crap like this.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

My friend the well respected Happy go lucky gave me this Idea for a reply.

I think your thread will do just fine for it's use. Give your thread a little touch up?

Fire! hehehe

[edit on 23-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well the goverenment is a big business...
if this happens, we might as well be throwing a going out of business sale...

You know like those cheap furinture stores, that somehow stay open but have going out of business sales every holiday... (i guess they make just enough to not go out of business :lol
with slogans like "EVERYTHING MUST GO" they'll change to "EVERY THING MUST BE TAXED" "NO CREDIT CHECK" "YOUR JOB IS YOUR CREDIT" "WE FINANCE EVERYBODY"
but most of all "WE WANNA SAVE YOU MONEY" [cough*bullspit*cough]

yea thats pretty much the states of america, its a sellers market... some how they can use extortion taxes....
i mean tactics... but their ideas get sold to somebody... not the american people though... but it doesn't matter if we buy the idea... (cause we don't) we'll be forced to buy the product,

or pay a fine/tax if we don't buy that, so again somebody is getting paid....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Until the republicans elected into office have something to offer other than their ignorance, fear, divisiveness, lack of class and responsibility you will be doing nothing but making asses of yourselves, because your not supporting anything but opposition. By no means am i putting republicans under a label, but am stressing the fact that those in office have such power to rile a whole group of people with talking points and posturing. You do realize that if people weren't so dead set on being for or against this health care reform we may have all been a lot more informed of the contents and changes made. Everybody got caught up in arguing about it rather than getting something done and now we're stuck with what we got. The collective productiveness of the republicans was wasted on gaining opposition to what their loudest supporters really had no idea about in the first place. And that's all the media was focused on, the drama between dems and reps like it's the actual news that was going on.

Nobody should be complaining about anything if they were part of the confusion surrounding this health care reform. You should have been finding facts instead of picking up on the death panels and running with it. It is people like Limbaugh who have a voice heard by millions that accomplishes the most in derailing progress in any form with ignorance and careful wording. The great thing is it's his right. The bad thing is that people actually listen.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm a tv repair man will I be able to own my TV repair shop? Or will it be state run. Where does this put me?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Dumb.
To compare TV, ( yes i know you are attempting satire), with life and death issues is simply dumb.
Would you be so flippant if it was your loved one suffering?
If you can't grasp issues any better than this, why post?

No, I think the OP is on to something. What if there is a natural disaster. All of those without television wont be able to receive emergency instructions. They might get seriously injured as a result. The freeloaders without a television will be a burden on the tax payer because of their injuries. Don't you care about EMERGENCY RESPONSE REFORM. If this bill saves even one life then it is all worth it!

Yes OP. I am with you! S&F. Anyone who opposes this bill must not care about the lives of others!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma

Originally posted by Damian-007
Whether you like it or not, Most of the rest of the World is enjoying free healthcare and no-one I know is worse off from it.

Would be awesome if it were actually free.

It would also be awesome if it were actually health care.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They already gave us digital - why stop there. Cable would be a great gesture.

Its nice that the Government likes to help us out with things like digital television (turning all analog signal over to the military - NorthCom) Or health care (even if we are being forced to buy it)

Kind of reminds me of how concerned the Nazis were with the Jews teeth while they were their guests (sure was right kind of them to provide flouride in their drinking water)

I just love all these showings of generosity - it gives me a warm fuzzy all over.

Yes its dripping with Sarcasm....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm gonna chime in with the "dumb OP" crowd.

To make this comparison speaks volumes about what sort of people actually have a problem with the healthcare plan . . . People who don't like being told what to do? Wow i feel so sorry for you.

Seriously though, if "not liking being told what to do," is your main concern then i'll call you a stubborn childish and selfish person who deserves to have some moral authority BOOM in your head.

You're too immature/dumb to understand the consequense of your stubborness.

WTG OBAMA!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by JustAThought]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join