It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television Reform Act of 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Touche

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It won't be done with TV's.

It will be done with cars like in much of Europe.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

Originally posted by angrymomma

Originally posted by Damian-007
Whether you like it or not, Most of the rest of the World is enjoying free healthcare and no-one I know is worse off from it.

Would be awesome if it were actually free.

It would also be awesome if it were actually health care.

I'll reply to Both Of You..

Have you ever watched Michael Moores Video exposing the American Insurance Companies Scamming The "People"?

I'm trying to work out what your statement "It would also be awesome if it were actually health care" means?

Although I'm not American, I have tried to keep up with what's happening in America. Being Australian, I can tell you that the Pittance we pay for Medicare fomr our Tax wouldn't cover my Healthcare cost's. So, It might not be exactly "Free" per se', But, Close to it.

Most of you Americans are whinging and Moaning about a Healthcare system that should have been implemented a long, long time ago. Like I've said earlier, Most of the rest of the World enjoy's Mostly Free Healthcare.

Here in Australia, If you are on Welfare, It's Free. If you're not working, It's Free. If you earn below a certain amount, It's Free. If you are under a certain age limit, It's Free. If you're over a Certain Age, It's Free.
A lot of Medication here is Subsidised to the point that most Prescriptions don't cost a lot more than 5 bucks.

If you can afford it, I think the Medicare Tax is around 1.7% of your Taxable Income. A Pittance, really.

The people who are whinging about this Healthcare are the same people who would be Whinging that there's no Healthcare when they're ill. Or they're going to whinge that they can't afford Healthcare because it's too expensive.

I guess they don't see that the Americans Healthcare reform is a good thing for their country because they're going to be paying a little more in tax. Big Deal. When you get sick and can have that MRI for that Brain Tumour you have, and it only costs you a Fraction of what it would cost without Healthcare, You'll be thankful then. When the Medication cost's you a whole lot less than it would of without Healthcare, You'll be thankfull then. When your Children get Sick and it cost's you nothing to get your Child looked at, at the Local Public Hospital, You'll be thankfull then for your "New Healthcare Reform Package".. oh, how about the fact you couldn't get Insurance before because you were rejected for that Lump you had on Breast? Isn't it illegal now for Insurance Companies to discriminate against you now? How about all the people that can now feel secure in the knowledge that if they get Sick, they can Hope to get better without it costing them their home?

But I guess a lot of people don't look that far into the Future. They'd rather stick with an antiquated Healthcare System that the Insurance Companies have been ripping off for years and years. A Healthcare system that Millions of Americans couldn't afford because Doctors want that new Porsche or Ferrari. Doctors have been getting Overpaid for Years. It's nothing new. A lot of GP's arent worth the paper their Degree's are printed on.

Anyhow, keep telling yourself the New Healthcare system for your country is a Bad thing. When you get sick, Make sure you pay the Full fee's and Charges.

Anyhow, You don't want a Person who lives in Australia, preaching to you? After all, We're all decended from Criminals.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

One of those damn criminal Aussies, eh?

I'm from German stock so I guess that makes me a Nazi, so from one despot to another, you don't understand.

We all want health care reform. We all want health care for everyone. We just differ on how to do it. According to our latest polls between 73% and 76% (depending on the poll cited) were opposed to this particular Bill when they voted it in.

It is the process we are angry about. The bribes, the mandates the raised taxes in the middle of a recession. What kind of idiots further burden the economic engine of our whole system, the Small Business, at the worst possible time in history?

What good is this health care if it means less jobs, more homeless, less money for healthy food and all that goes with it?

They also lied about the cost of this. They gave the CBO false data to get a false reading of the costs. Every program ever taken on by our government has been mismanaged and cost many times what they claimed. We know the real history.

If you only listen to the one side, you will be doing yourself a disservice and believe lies about the other side. In this case the other side includes a large portion of the Democrats. I'm an Independent so I don't have a horse in this race, I'm pissed at all of them.

We are nothing like we are being represented to the world as being, any more than you Aussies are like you are represented as being.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Our new world order controlled government is actually really stupid for not providing free cable TV for everybody since they use it to brainwash the people anyway and keep them out of the way of their robberies. The CIA even admits that TV is the best brainwashing tool ever devised. I gave up my TV last year because I finally realized the stupidity of anybody that pays to be brainwashed and lied to. It's just a principle for me. TV is basically the opiate of the masses and keeps you on the couch and NOT fighting the new world order. I try to avoid anything that benefits the new world order whenever I can. If you are smoking their cigarettes you are their total slave. They are killing you with hundreds of very nasty chemicals on the tobacco and raping you. I never understood how anybody who was aware of the new world order could buy their cigarettes! That's like saying "I Hate You! NWO" but can I buy some of those cancer sticks from ya? lol

They've stolen all our money anyway through their Federal Reserve scam, so what would be a better investment for the new world order than just biting the bullet a little and paying for the basic brainwashing package for everybody so that they keep the zombies on their asses on the couch while they complete the rape job on America and the rest of the World to try to bring in the hellish one world government?

As it is, they keep jacking up those rates and more and more people are realizing how stupid it is to pay anything for the garbage they shovel.

Anybody on ATS that is reading this, give up anything you can that benefits the nwo such as cable and cigarettes You'll feel a lot more empowered. Don't let these devils get their hooks in you in any way.
peace

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

With all these stories of the government n other agencies manipulating people through media,sounds, colors etc, it sounds like devious plan. None the less people could barely afford to get by and they wanna keep implementing reforms, laws and basicly pure unnecessary crap._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAThought

To make this comparison speaks volumes about what sort of people actually have a problem with the healthcare plan

What health care plan? There is no health care plan. There is no health care reform. All there is, is a corrupt piece of legislation that forces people to purchase a service that does nothing but distribute funds.

See that is why the OP's point is so valid. Because the same arguments that apply to the so called "health care reform bill" can be applied to this argument both with equal amounts of absurdity.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm trying to work out what your statement "It would also be awesome if it were actually health care" means?

I mean the bill has nothing to do with health care. All the bill does is force people to pay profits to a industry that they either don't want or can't afford.

Being Australian, I can tell you that the Pittance we pay for Medicare fomr our Tax wouldn't cover my Healthcare cost's. So, It might not be exactly "Free" per se', But, Close to it.

Well then your system and ours are like apples and oranges. This is not socialized health care. It is compulsory insurance.

Most of you Americans are whinging and Moaning about a Healthcare system that should have been implemented a long, long time ago. Like I've said earlier, Most of the rest of the World enjoy's Mostly Free Healthcare.

Still hasn't been implemented here...

I guess they don't see that the Americans Healthcare reform is a good thing for their country because they're going to be paying a little more in tax.

You clearly have no clue as to what the legislation is.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
really don't give them any idea's about the tv. i haven't had mine on in months.

as for the HC Plan, what i have seen so far it only has a couple of good things. my big question is if theyre forcing us to buy HC then why is it going to cost them nearly a trillion bucks? understand the incentives to get employers to offer health care to employees. but where is all that money going to go for?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
It won't be done with TV's.

It will be done with cars like in much of Europe.

Cars?
An advanced civilaztion would not use 'Cars"
They would implement genius "Booby Traps"

an example would be snake in a mailbox;

spider in a sock;

poison in a coffee pot

the list is endless.....

[edit on 23-3-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
hey guys! Just got off a speakerphone call with barrack, GWB, pelosi, cheney, rove and the rest of the gang, and they wanted me to pass on a message to the rest of you: "BEND OVER, CAUSE DADDY'S HOME!!!" And then they cheers'd champagne and coc aine with all their big pharma, corporate and banker/wall street buddies and said they have to go, because they have been on a 3 day orgy on your "dollar" (if you can even call that worthless shred of embarrassment that), and they gotta keep this party goin till the Veri-chip guys get there and they can get back to business as usual. Oh, and they all laughed in unison and said they were: "Gonna party like its 1913!" and then hung up the phone on me. Those crazy Republicrat/Democricans, they sure know how to have a good time..

* oh yea, I almost forgot, they mentioned something about how they like a good display of power/ fireworks show, and if we get too nasty, they have a #load of pyrotechnic 9/11 style shows planned (just for their own personal amusement) to worship Ba'al.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think I need to address all those who keep saying, "The rest of the world has free HC and it is a great thing". I am an expat Texan living and working in Europe for the last 12 years. I have German citizenship and work predominately in The Netherlands & Belgium with occassional contracts in other EU states and the Middle East.
I became an independent contractor about 6 years ago.
That said I want to let all these other English speaking nations know that the taxes here on the mainland are not low and/or small. Even with a wife and 2 children I pay at least 36% up to the first 50,000 Euros a year.
I have paid HC insurance in all the before mentioned countries and Lithuania at one time or another. Some have been Govt. subsidized, others private like currently.
The Govt subsidized, which is what all you think the Americans just got and therefore can't understand all the fuss is not bad.
It is very simple, due to an administration mistake in Belgium when living there, I was informed when I had returned to Germany, that since I could not show proof of having had HC insurance within the last 6 months, that me and my family were not eligable for Govt. subsidized HC insurance in Germany and would have to go private, because Germany, like all other EU states mandates manditory HC insurance.

I will just explain some of the differences.

1.) Government Subsidized Insurance is about 200% cheaper then private.
2.) GSI (Govt.Sub.Ins.) doesn't screen you for previous conditions and overall good, or bad health pratices, Private does.
3.) GSI doesn't change your rate of payment due to previous conditions or unhealthy lifstyles. Private not only screens you but also sets the rates accordingly. And getting these rates reduced requires the original screener to re-evaluate you and say said conditions and/or lifestyle choices have changed.
4.) GSI gives you a National Insurance Card which up till the past few years enabled doctor visits and treatments with no payment. Private not only costs you money every visit and subsequent treatments, but if you want to keep the monthly rate to a minimum,(LOL), you will pay all the doctor's fees, treatments, and lab fees yourself and then attempt to reclame the cost's that are contracturally allowed at the end of the year, on top of paying the at least more then double monthly fees of GSI.
5.) When you are privately insured, the doctors see you as a cash cow and rape you everytime you go for a visit. When asked why the prescriptions are so expensive doctor replies, "Well I figured since you are privately Insured you would want to pay 40 Euros for the best Cough Syrup money can buy.
6.) If I get unemployed and have to terminate my private HCI contract, they can come and attach my assets to complete the term of the contract. Which means if I am unemployed and I can't pay my HCI, they can come take my car which will insure I stay unemployed.
7.) One good point, GSI means you will wait hours to be seen by a doctor. Private HCI gets you put into a private waiting room with very little waiting time.

I hope this clears a few things up, and one other thing. I have a few good friends from the UK and they say hopefully you don't need a life saving operation there because the waiting list might get you killed!
Straighten me out if I am wrong. I have other instances of how the system works in The Netherlands if want to hear that also. But I feel for my old compatriats in Texas. Yall are about to get the screwing of a lifetime, that is after you have been paying taxes for 3 to 4 years before the system actually starts to kick in.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
also, why would they provide free cable? in a successful business plan, they can squeeze a little more out of you after a long day at work when you are too tired to do anything else, and the people who do not choose to own a tv or cannot afford cable are right at the top of their "eugenics target groups" anyway, so why go to all the trouble. besides, its easier to just switch to digital conversion at a much cheaper rate and bomb you with low frequency waves (and possibly monitor you) while you watch america's got talent. it sure does got talent....it sure does...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
oh heck! barrack, GWB, pelosi, cheney, rove and the rest of the gang just called back, cause they forgot to tell me: they wanted to thank me, and all of you, cause none of this would have been possible without our help. they said they never could have imagined successfully perpetrating so many acts of treason, had it not been for all of us laying over with our pantaloons down around our ankles like a drunken spent prostitute. I bet the founding fathers would give us all high fives if they could. We make things so good for ourselves, and ya know, as a result, I bet every other nation in the world thinks we are just every bit as smart and brave as we like to squawk we are at every chance we get. and not to mention all the people that ever gave their lives to ensure that we have the RIGHT to expel tyranny when oppressed. Im sure they are lookin down just sooo glad they didnt die in vain.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I don't have cable and I don't want it so...

I do have a satellite dish and it is better than cable!
If I watch more TV,how can I still be online?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You need to understand though Damian, what many of these ATS members who are complaining about is that the "coverage" we are being told will be given, and the "aid" to those who need it is different in writing and in verbal rhetoric.

Almost all who are opposed to this overhaul will agree that "yes, healthcare reform should have happened long ago."

The issue is how this reform is being carried out. We are being forced to buy this privatized health care which is helping these private companies. The spoken rhetoric of "good for the masses" isn't the same as the writing in H.R. 3590.

Would you care to read it? The website warns you before opening:

This bill is very large, and loading it may cause your web browser to perform sluggishly, or even freeze. This is especially true for old and/or bad browsers. As an alternative you can download the PDF of the bill or read the text on THOMAS.

Continue on to the bill...

Here is the bill:

www.govtrack.us...

Oh what's that? Too long and words that the every day American would be able to understand? (or even a member of a more "prestigious" nation as we American's are dumb, ignorant fools of course)

Here is the "summary" of it:

www.govtrack.us...

Again, have fun scrolling through that mess.

Remember, it isn't that American's opposed are against others having health care, it is the shadiness in which these measures were passed and the gaps between what is promised verbally and what is actually in the bill.

Oh, and assuming you do decide to read the bill you may want to grab a dictionary for some of the words, or at least a intro the Law textbook.

-Sliadon

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

They already HAVE their claws in the cable industry. Remember when people needed a converter box when they made that big switch over to digital? Well, the government helped subsidized it!
www.consumeraffairs.com...

So....don't worry about giving them anymore ideas. They already have all ideas they need. They're merely biding their time before the corporate/government takeover of everything.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I linked him both the legislation as well as the "summary" in my reply moments ago. That should keep him busy for a while

-Sliadon

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is a very funny thread lol i can appreciate a sense of humor. We do need change in this country but when you get in the habit of forcing your citizens and taking away civil liberties i believe that is constitutionally and morally wrong. Like i said we need change but we need better men and women representing us and that is our faults. We voted these people into office. At the end of the day if your not happy vote in November let your voice be heard than stop complaining the majority always rules.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Good post! lol Many of us are wondering what's next...

After the Television Act would come the Computer Reform Act of 2010, which is means your computer has to be updated every few weeks with new technology, they will be allowed to come into your house and enforce this if not by it ISP address detecting your computer OS/modem/make/model then reporting it back to the government by your ISP company.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join