It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television Reform Act of 2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The government has made us into slaves;
My heart is broken and I think I am crying.....

For all those that were involved in our enslavement.
I say lethal booby trap them all!!!!
It is up to you to choose what is right

[edit on 24-3-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage

Teabaggers and Neocons are coming out of their skin over this bill and it is bringing me unheralded amounts of amusement.

Slaves? Really? So being able to go to the doctor at anytime when you're sick is slavery? Having roads to drive your Expedition on is slavery? Having schools to send your kids to is slavery? Having police and fire around to save your ass is slavery?

Lemme get this straight: (culled from a posting on my blog)

You didn’t get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn’t get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.

You didn’t get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn’t get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn’t get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn’t get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn’t get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn’t get mad when you saw the Abu Grahib photos.

You didn’t get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn’t get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn’t get mad when we didn’t catch Bin Laden.

You didn’t get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn’t get mad when we let a major US city drown.

You didn’t get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.

You finally got mad when.. when… wait for it… when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all ok with you but helping other Americans… well f*#k that. That about right?

You people have all lost your minds.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by atlguy]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Dumb.
To compare TV, ( yes i know you are attempting satire), with life and death issues is simply dumb.
Would you be so flippant if it was your loved one suffering?
If you can't grasp issues any better than this, why post?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This wasn't a healthcare reform bill, it was a health insurance reform bill. it doesn't change what kind of care we get, it changes whether some get insurance or not.... the care will not change... it will continue to be limited and horrible.

our 25th ranking in the world for healthcare will not change.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by JustAThought

To make this comparison speaks volumes about what sort of people actually have a problem with the healthcare plan

What health care plan? There is no health care plan. There is no health care reform. All there is, is a corrupt piece of legislation that forces people to purchase a service that does nothing but distribute funds.

See that is why the OP's point is so valid. Because the same arguments that apply to the so called "health care reform bill" can be applied to this argument both with equal amounts of absurdity.

His point is not valid and you're both paranoid schizophrenics or something.... Do you really believe what you're saying ? If what you're saying is true and people aren't gonna get better healthcare i can assure you that the EU and the rest of the world would take action right away.

You want me to believe that a government can just go on and cheat it's people without the rest of the world OR the Americans themselves taking action against the wrongdoing ?

It's paranoid to even think that such a scenario is possible in a modern world.

Now lay back, relax, and KNOW that you are in good hands, there'll be less misery on your streets now, there'll be less crime. USA will be a much stronger nation, a more mature nation, a more liked nation, a happyer nation.

So just go ahead and print out all these paranoid propaganda illusions and use them to wipe your a** with.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
This wasn't a healthcare reform bill, it was a health insurance reform bill. it doesn't change what kind of care we get, it changes whether some get insurance or not.... the care will not change... it will continue to be limited and horrible.

our 25th ranking in the world for healthcare will not change.

Yes it will.

You have to understand the chain reaction of treating people as HUMANS and not SLAVES. Giving them options instead of obligations. INVESTING in peoples health will change the entire backbone of your nation. Don't look at people like freeloaders, you think that's good for anyones morale ? NO! Treat people good and you bring out the best in them.

Your economy has failed and your system has failed because you treat people like C**P!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAThought
Giving them options instead of obligations.

Really, options? This gives us options? Well....I guess we DO have options with this. Pay a fine or get health care...I mean, those ARE options.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Well with all of this talk of health care reform and how necessary it is in the current state, I have come up with the next bill to be passed by Congress for the 'greater good' of the American people.

It will ensure that one of the most historic personal rights is fulfilled for everyone:

CABLE TELEVISION!

That is why I am proposing a bill that requires all American citizens to own a television and purchase cable.

Television Reform Act of 2010

The television has to be up to "green" standards so it must be a new product. Any persons who own an unqualified television will be issued a 5% income tax increase to make up for their carbon emissions.

Any persons who do not purchase a full cable package by the year 2014, will be charged fines to make up for the cost of what the average American cable package would cost multiplied by 7.

Children will be able to use their parents cable up until age 26, in which they will be required to purchase their own cable package.

A mandatory standard of television use will be 8 hours a day. In home televisions will be monitored with implanted chips to measure the amount of watch television. For every hour under the proposed mandatory minimum, families will be charged no more than $100 per hour.

The bill is roughly 2000 pages long with a lot of other junk in there, but you don't need to worry about that. It's all good.

The great thing is that this will extend cable television to 30+ million people. Let's all email and write our representatives to get this breathtaking, historical plan into action today. After all, there are so many people living today WITHOUT cable that something HAS to be done. It doesn't matter how BAD that something actually is, as long as something is done - the government can do no harm!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by gwydionblack]

Already done.
www.libertyforlife.com...

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995
allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

Next!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy

Originally posted by DjSharperimage

Teabaggers and Neocons are coming out of their skin over this bill and it is bringing me unheralded amounts of amusement.

Slaves? Really? So being able to go to the doctor at anytime when you're sick is slavery? Having roads to drive your Expedition on is slavery? Having schools to send your kids to is slavery? Having police and fire around to save your ass is slavery?

Lemme get this straight: (culled from a posting on my blog)

You didn’t get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn’t get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.

You didn’t get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn’t get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn’t get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn’t get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn’t get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn’t get mad when you saw the Abu Grahib photos.

You didn’t get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn’t get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn’t get mad when we didn’t catch Bin Laden.

You didn’t get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn’t get mad when we let a major US city drown.

You didn’t get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.

You finally got mad when.. when… wait for it… when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all ok with you but helping other Americans… well f*#k that. That about right?

You people have all lost your minds.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by atlguy]

OK then YOU PAY FOR THIS MANDATORY INSURANCE I CANNOT AFFORD AND PAY THE FINES WHEN YOU DON'T PAY IT ON TIME. AND DO IT NOW!
There you are - help a sista out why don'tcha!
Bet that just changed your tune.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAThought

His point is not valid and you're both paranoid schizophrenics or something.... Do you really believe what you're saying ? If what you're saying is true and people aren't gonna get better healthcare i can assure you that the EU and the rest of the world would take action right away.

LOL. How can you assure me the EU and the rest of world would take action if we "aren't gonna get better health care". Are you their coordinator? And what action will they be taking?

Maybe you should begin notifying them right away as nothing in this bill has anything to do in making the quality of health care better. Nothing that I have seen anyway. And if you would like to engage in debate you would come off as a little more mature and intelligent if you used facts and sources instead of naive antagonistic remarks.

If your position is that the legislation improves health care show me the wording in the bill that will make it so.

You want me to believe that a government can just go on and cheat it's people without the rest of the world OR the Americans themselves taking action against the wrongdoing ?

I don't want you to believe anything. If you would like to believe that there is no corruption in Government, fine with me. If you would like to believe that there are no corrupt Governments in the world, also fine with me.

It's paranoid to even think that such a scenario is possible in a modern world.

You should inform both the EU and the U.S. Government of your expert analysis because they are both occupiers of foreign nations with the justification of stopping corrupt Government. And it looks like they may be invading two more.

Now lay back, relax, and KNOW that you are in good hands, there'll be less misery on your streets now, there'll be less crime. USA will be a much stronger nation, a more mature nation, a more liked nation, a happyer nation.

Please substantiate your statement. What in this legislation is going to reduce crime or make our nation stronger, or "happyer"?

INVESTING in peoples health will change the entire backbone of your nation.

Isn't an investment supposed to produce a return? A nation paying the insurance industry to simply distribute funds is hardly an investment. The people of that nation have lost wealth in doing so because of the exorbitant profits that are taken out.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I found this website very informative about the healthcare reform, even though its from the Christian Science monitor
-
www.csmonitor.com...

It is split into 9 parts and covers from - Who must buy insurance to Rules for preexisting conditions.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I know you weren't addresing me in this post. However I am curious if you believe me to be a "teabagger" or "neocon" since I also oppose this bill?

Do you believe that I was not angered by many of the issues listed since I oppose this bill?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.13.2012
hey guys! Just got off a speakerphone call with barrack, GWB, pelosi, cheney, rove and the rest of the gang, and they wanted me to pass on a message to the rest of you: "BEND OVER, CAUSE DADDY'S HOME!!!" And then they cheers'd champagne and coc aine with all their big pharma, corporate and banker/wall street buddies and said they have to go, because they have been on a 3 day orgy on your "dollar" (if you can even call that worthless shred of embarrassment that), and they gotta keep this party goin till the Veri-chip guys get there and they can get back to business as usual. Oh, and they all laughed in unison and said they were: "Gonna party like its 1913!" and then hung up the phone on me. Those crazy Republicrat/Democricans, they sure know how to have a good time..

* oh yea, I almost forgot, they mentioned something about how they like a good display of power/ fireworks show, and if we get too nasty, they have a #load of pyrotechnic 9/11 style shows planned (just for their own personal amusement) to worship Ba'al.

Im still laughing my ass over this
perhaps its because its almost 4am , but more than likely as digusting as it sounds its probably not too far off from the truth. Im not a Democrat or a republican, I vote in favor of the candidates I feel i can put my faith into, they never seem to do well in this 2 party system we have now. That said , I dont believe it would really matter at this point who we would have in office , the american people have been milked dry for decades. I really wonder If they have little parties after bills like this and the TARP / bailouts?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It is all your own faults... If you had not had a revolution against England’s monarchy rule, you could have had the health care we have in England! Instead you had a revolution. And made your self’s a democracy. You will just have to live with it.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by buddha]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well i've been trying to read up on this bill and i gotta give you opposed folks the benefit of the doubt. It is highly difficult to find in laymens terms wth exactly the bill does. It seems very hard to find some simple answers.

I hope the best for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join