It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO Photo: Saucer with Dome

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I know it can get a little frustrating when we try to work through the various options to explain such sightings.....
Alas, I don't think any conclusion is possible without a good quality print and more information. I doubt both are forthcoming.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg

I know it can get a little frustrating when we try to work through the various options to explain such sightings.....
Alas, I don't think any conclusion is possible without a good quality print and more information. I doubt both are forthcoming.

G'day jclmavg

I'm writing to a few people & some members appear interested enough to do some more "looking".....

So, we might get some more info

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Well I found something, that may or may not yield a better quality image.

I found the image in your OP at about 0:39 in this video:

From what I can tell, the quality of the image in the video looks clearer than either of the photos posted earlier, it looks like it might be from a way better source than the newspaper clipping.

If you know how do an extraction of the image maybe we can at least get something higher quality to look at than the newspaper clipping. Or if you don't, let me know and I can try. This might be a case where the frame stacking process might even help get a better result than just a single frame image capture and I definitely don't know how to do frame stacking yet, only a single frame grab.

It might also help to start with a higher quality recording of that documentary, versus the youtube compression.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
G'day

Here is my e-mail dialogue with Bill Chalker including his reply.....what a good guy he is to write back so promptly.....thanks Bill

Sent: Monday, 22 March 2010 14:57
To: 'Bill Chalker'
Subject: RE: Re A Question About an old UFO Case the 1954 WC Hall photo saga

G’day Bill

I’m extremely flattered you have taken the time & trouble to reply to my question – many thanks.
And so.....another photo bites the dust.
I will see if I can find any further info regarding Hall’s encounter with the “cylinder type UFO”.
I am contributing to the ATS thread you mentioned - I will post this info as per your invitation to do so.

Kind regards
Hunka Hunka

Sent: Monday, 22 March 2010 12:11
To: Hunka Hunka
Subject: Re A Question About an old UFO Case the 1954 WC Hall photo saga

Hi Hunka Hunka,

I did look into this photo ages ago and wrote up a story for the ACOS Bulletin or Journal of the Australian Centre for UFO Studies. ACOS was the Australian Co-ordination Centre for the Centre for UFO Studies (Dr. Hynek's US group) ACOS because ACUFOS - AUstralian Centre for UFO Studies.

Current committments prevent me from diving into my archives, but my memory of this is that yes the original source on this was the Sir article from the US. I see that there has been discussion of this on ATS so by all means pass this along as it dovetails in with some of the material being referenced.

Bottom line the "radiation mutation" story was the WC Hall encounter with a clylinder type UFO. If I recollect correctly the story did not mention that that Hall took a photo. The photo you have is attributed to Hall. Having read the Sir article I have no doubt that it was a fabrication, and a very poorly written one, with the Australian farmer talking in American speech - "ranch" etc - a yarn written by a US hack writer. Where better to spin the yarn that in a place as remote then as Australia. No one is going to check?

The photo in the article is by my estimation a double exposure. Standard stock Australian outback photo with UFO cutout on original photo, rephotographed. Nothing too elaborate and the results not too convincing except for youngsters like me and you who were reading "forbidden fruit" anyway - "Sir" magazine - racing adventure stories, often made up with girlie pictures interlaced, tame by todays standards.

Vincente-Juan Ballester Almos has done a fine job in the UFO photo catalogue area publishing a huge database. A major report on the 1954 wave includes the Hall shot - "hoax" conclusion.

You can access this at:
fotocat.blogspot.com...

The problem boiled down to many photos of a dubious nature, none withe the combination of very impressive case with good connected photo. Most were poor cases with dubious photo or unverified photos or uninvestigated.

Sorry to deflate the story, but this subject as you will know has far more compelling cases and data.

Best wishes,

Bill Chalker
theozfiles.blogspot.com...

Sent: Sunday, 21 March 2010 19:35
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: A Question About An Old UFO Case

G’day Bill

I hope you don’t mind me being so presumptuous as to e-mail you directly......I saw your e-mail address here: www.ufoinfo.com...
I am looking for a little background info regarding the W C Hall photo (attached & below).
I can get no further than references to it first being published in “Sir Magazine” in 1955.
This is one of the photo’s that first got me interested in this topic.....I recall looking at it when I was very young.
I also think I’ve seen a clearer photo.
Any info or pic’s would be appreciated very much.
If you are too busy.....then no worries, I imagine you get many such requests.

Kind regards
Hunka Hunka

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asIam

G'day asIam

Thank you for posting your report & your "recreation".

You are very fortunate to have experienced a sighting like that

Australia certainly has a strong "UFO" history.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Wow that dude is awesome for replying like that. M..MN keep up the good work. The truth is out there somewhere and this info you and others have been posting are the only things keeping me out of those dang political threads.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arbit thx for posting the vid. It is amazing how those pics used in it most always had some sort of land mass to compare to. Can't explain what has changed in the human psyche to make us take pictures now of just the sky around them. (perhaps the zoom function)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi MMN,

thanks for posting Bill Chalker's info, though I'm a little confused by his reply. He mentions a cylinder shaped UFO and says (I think) that one was maybe a double exposure/hoax, am I reading that right? And is he also implying by association the photo in the OP may also be a hoax? Maybe also a double exposure?

Someone else pointed out the clarity/focus of the UFO versus the rest of the image looked a little suspicious, maybe they were right?

Cheers,

Arby

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

G'day Arbitrageur

I interpret Bill Chalker's response as follows:

Hall reported experiencing an incident involving a cylinder shaped UFO.

"Sir" Magazine embellished the report by making this false photo.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Wow that dude is awesome for replying like that. M..MN keep up the good work. The truth is out there somewhere and this info you and others have been posting are the only things keeping me out of those dang political threads.

G'day ventian

Thank you for your kind & positive words

Be careful in "those dang political threads"!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

G'day

Here is my e-mail dialogue with Bill Chalker including his reply.....what a good guy he is to write back so promptly.....thanks Bill

Yeah Bill is an awesome guy. Australia is very fortunate to have such a dedicated man of high integrity at the helm!

Sent: Monday, 22 March 2010 12:11
To: Hunka Hunka
Subject: Re A Question About an old UFO Case the 1954 WC Hall photo saga

Hi Hunka Hunka,

The photo in the article is by my estimation a double exposure. Standard stock Australian outback photo with UFO cutout on original photo, rephotographed.

edit by me

Just as I thought. A paste job!

I'd also like to thank Bill from the perspective of member who has also benefited from his knowledge!

IRM

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

G'day

...but this subject as you will know has far more compelling cases and data.

Best wishes,

Bill Chalker
theozfiles.blogspot.com...

Nice work, Maybe, and thanks to Bill for his excellent reply.

But I've trimmed it down to the bit I found most interesting - I wonder what Bill would call his top five or ten?

Maybe that link explains, I'll visit it later...

<< 1  2   >>

join