It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO Photo: Saucer with Dome

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

Preciate you comin in with the filters and what not. Have you by chance ruled out a hat?

If it's a hat, it's a hat painted with some type of metallic paint. It seems pretty far-fetched that someone would paint a hat metallic colors then throw it in the air. It's most likely an actual craft in the air. Alien or military, who knows?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
G'day

Here's some pith hats for comparison:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0deb576b145.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b9f770e33aa.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e422318a943.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Interesting photo!

I dont think it is a "pith helmet",as these were longer at the back than at the front.

To me,it bears more than a passing resemblance to the tech that the Nazi's were supposed to have been working on,perhaps on a trip away from the supposed Nazi base located in Antarctica!

G'day scobro

Your reply prompted me to post some pictures of pith hats (above).

I found a number of different symmetrical pith hats, as you can see.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

G'day Chadwickus

Thanks for helping out here.....& you've delivered again!

That's an extraordinary report.....multiple UFO's with atomic exhausts making mutants!

Well.....that's.....ummmmm.....unusual

I will be very interested if you find anything else.

Internos has U2U'd me some names & links to a couple of "UFO Cold Case" experts he knows.

I will also follow up that forthwith.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NASA is ASAN
G'day to you Maybe...maybe not, this is quite the photo you've found. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I think we can call this photo legit. I've been doing some photo analysis on it and it indeed is an actual photo.

G'day NASA is ASAN

I will be extremely interested to see any analysis of the photos that you are able to provide.

Good luck with your work

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Good find, friend;
I have been reading about and looking into the Ufo phenomenon for most of my life (50+) and I remember seeing this photo before; somewhere I have an old paparback book about ufo's and I think the author was named either Frank Edwards or Frank Herbert, and I am certain this photo was in it along with quite a few more.

I shall attempt to locate my copy and see if I can scan it for you or perhaps provide any more information; just been several years since I remember seeing it.

Good luck and thanks for sharing with us.

seeker

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Good find with the helmets!

I will bow down to you on that one,i was mistaken when i said that the hats were longer at the back than at the front,there were obviusly different designs around!

However,notice the dome shape of the hats you posted are quite a bit more,well dome shaped,
,than the object in the photo!

I know this could be down to angles and perspective,but to me the object is no hat.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

t kinda looks face because you cannot see anything kinda clearly and bam u can kinda see the saucer,, it doesn;t fit well with the rest of the pic

Ain't kinda sure if this pic is kinda fake, once that the sheep seem to be kinda running, as if something was kinda hovering about them. Anyway was kinda funny make this reply.

I'm kinda happy now!

[edit on 21-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Would be nice to say otherwise of course, but to me, it looks very fake and a bit like an early model Holden with the wheels cropped off

Back in 1954, the population of Australia was what ... 8, 9 million ?

It was considered a backwater, a place where washed-up American 'stars' came to mop up some retirement money if they could

And back then, commercial-artists provided much of the content of newspapers and magazines. The ufo in the photos has the appearance of being drawn-in, to me

At that time, 'space alien' serials were being played at picture-theatres --- ' To be continued next week' --- and many of the comic books featured 'flying saucers' and space-themes, in line with the trend in far-away US and UK

To me, the photo and caption smack of a bit of good-natured tomfoolery ... something to boost a magazine's circulation. Would be interesting to learn if 'Mr. Hall' in fact existed

I mean, the sheep show no indication that anything was hovering so closely overhead. And I haven't known many graziers to carry cameras when they were out and about, or to be as swift to grab a shot as this Mr. Hall must have been

So from me, with apologies, it's a thumbs-down

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
g'day Maybe,
you've just sent shivers down my spine.
I can't judge whether or not this photo is real that you have brought to us,
but I sure as hell can vouch that these things do exist in the skies above Oz as I witnessed one myself in late spring 2007 overhead in mid afternoons sunny day in SE nsw ,so I see no reason to label it as fake as I have seen the exact same thing .
I have made together an impression of what I saw ;

Compiled from a Billy Meirs photo I found of similar disc on the web the same night as I went looking to see if it had been seen or referenced by anyone else,and a local sky pic taken by myself on another day.
I was talking to a friend at the time in my backyard having a cuppa and looking up into a gum tree at a singing Butcher bird as I spoke ,it was then I spotted a two tone disc in the gap between branches behind.
When I took two steps back to view it free from the tree it had vanished but I saw it clear as day,it moved slowly from clearly visible in the gap to behind a branch.
I don't care whether anyone believes me or not, it is the truth and this is what I saw. I am just sharing for anyone interested.
In fact, I found ATS for the first time the night of this sighting as I tried to track down any similar sightings of the same thing by others.
So there you have it.
This pic in the op has every chance of being authentic in my opinion.
A star and flag for you because I am still really keen to find out more of what I saw;of these disc shaped ufo.s and shall keep an eye on your thread.
cheers!
asIam

edit to add ; here is a collection of dome/disc ufo pics, one of which I used to create my example pic.
www.steelmarkonline.com...

[edit on 21/3/10 by asIam]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Considering the date(1954),I would say that this could be some reworking of Nazi tech,maybe being tested in Australia.

Note the stubby antenna at the top of the object-some 50's (terrestrial)radio comms tech maybe?

Not sure if aliens would use the same type of radio tech that we had at the time,or that the antennae would have survived entering our atmosphere at a similar rate of speed as our spacecrafts,but who knows...

Good find!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

G'day NASA is ASAN

I will be extremely interested to see any analysis of the photos that you are able to provide.

Good luck with your work

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I have to go to work now, but later on tonight (or day for you I guess) I'll post up what I can find.

Perhaps...perhaps not (Ok perhaps)

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Isn't it interesting that it's referred to as a "tropical hat shaped UFO"?

No.

Do we have enough information to rule out a tropical hat or something along those lines? (tossed in the air like a frisbee and photographed)?
For crying out loud, this is ridiculous. An analogy in shape is drawn to a hat, and Arby wastes no time making the suggestion it might be a hat! After all, they did make the comparison! ROFL!

I didn't know this case and photo, make no claim as to its provenance. I do think you're quite zealous when it comes to suggesting prosaic tales.

What's next? A sigar-shaped UFO is well.. really .. (drum roll) a sigar!?

[edit on 21-3-2010 by jclmavg]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jclmavg

G'day jclmavg

I know it can get a little frustrating when we try to work through the various options to explain such sightings.....

.....but if we don't do that, we'll never know the truth

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

Good find, friend;
I have been reading about and looking into the Ufo phenomenon for most of my life (50+) and I remember seeing this photo before; somewhere I have an old paparback book about ufo's and I think the author was named either Frank Edwards or Frank Herbert, and I am certain this photo was in it along with quite a few more.

I shall attempt to locate my copy and see if I can scan it for you or perhaps provide any more information; just been several years since I remember seeing it.

Good luck and thanks for sharing with us.

seeker

G'day the seeker

I wonder if it's one of the books that I used to look at.

I will be extremely interested to see any scans or info you might have about those books.

BTW.....I don't think it was Frank Herbert (a.k.a. the "Dune" man!)

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro

However,notice the dome shape of the hats you posted are quite a bit more,well dome shaped,
,than the object in the photo!

I know this could be down to angles and perspective,but to me the object is no hat.

G'day scobro

I agree.....

I don't think it is a pith helmet that has been thrown into the air.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

G'day Dock9

Would be nice to say otherwise of course, but to me, it looks very fake and a bit like an early model Holden with the wheels cropped off

Here's a picture of an early model Holden.....the famous FJ:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2073e5d1305a.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't think it's any sort of match for the "object"

And back then, commercial-artists provided much of the content of newspapers and magazines. The ufo in the photos has the appearance of being drawn-in, to me

Unfortunately, the photos I've been able to find are not of sufficient quality to exclude that.

At that time, 'space alien' serials were being played at picture-theatres --- ' To be continued next week' --- and many of the comic books featured 'flying saucers' and space-themes, in line with the trend in far-away US and UK

Absolutely....."Earths vs The Flying Saucers"....."The Day The Earth Stood Still".....how good were they!

I mean, the sheep show no indication that anything was hovering so closely overhead.

I dunno.....I think that could be argued either way.....

And I haven't known many graziers to carry cameras when they were out and about, or to be as swift to grab a shot as this Mr. Hall must have been

That's a good point

However, if he'd experienced other UFO related "visitations" as per Chadwickus, perhaps he started carrying a camera around in case he saw or experienced something else.

So from me, with apologies, it's a thumbs-down

Thank you.....I appreciate your opinion

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Of all the UFO Pic.s I have seen over the years reported comming from Australia , this one is the most Intriguing to me . Hard to say this is a Fake .....

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Of all the UFO Pic.s I have seen over the years reported comming from Australia , this one is the most Intriguing to me . Hard to say this is a Fake .....

i297.photobucket.com...

G'day Zanti Misfit

I think our friend Chadwickus has done some work on that one & found some issues with it.

I also note there are many supporters for this image being authentic.

If I get some time later on, I'll see if I can find an appropriate thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

OK , thanks man . I will look forward to someone here who has enough information about that Photo to Prove or Disprove its authenticity.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join