It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea *Party Goers* Go Overboard, Threaten Gun Violence Over HCR

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And so it continues again...

Oh boy

African-American Congressman John Lewis (D-GA), a protege of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who helped organize the March on Washington, went to the House floor today to tell Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-SC) that a Tea Party protester called him a "n-----."

Another Democratic source confirms to NBC News that openly gay Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) was called a "f--" by somebody in the Tea Party crowd.

Rep. Emanaul Cleaver (D-MO), another African-American member, was apparently spit on by a Tea Party protester.

Clyburn, who helped lead sit-ins in South Carolina in the '60s had this to say regarding the Tea Partiers:

"It was absolutely shocking to me, last Monday, I stayed home to meet on the campus Pomford University where 50 years ago, as of last Monday, March 15th I led the first demonstrations in South Carolina, the sit-ins...quite frankly I heard some things today that I haven't heard since that day. I heard people saying things today I've not heard since March 15th, 1960 when I was marching to try and get off the back of the bus. This is incredible, shocking to me.

for both sides, some of those teabaggers who obviously are scum and those congress people who are scum too.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The empty can rattles the most.

Do you have anything to say about the post or are you just going to astonish us with your comedy act?

[edit on 20-3-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is a good thread, too bad the title is so demeaning and insulting. I know some tea party members call themselves teabaggers but trust me, the majority take offense to that.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

We don't call ourselves "teabaggers." That is something that the liberal mainstream media has tagged us with, because they think if they ridicule us enough we'll go away.
Guess what? Ain't gonna happen. This is not a third party, but a coming together of all true conservatives, regardless of their political party. You see, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, even a few liberatarians, have come together to take this country back to what it was meant to be; that means limited Federal government, and by limited I mean much smaller: a fair tax system, whether it be a flat tax, a fair tax makes no difference. We will repeal the the 16th amendment. And we will redefine the budget process so that it is balanced and based on something tangible, rather than the fiat money we currently use.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I have come to notice around here when a poster has nothing of substance to say they usually turn in to a spelling expert.

Ha, thats funny. Mostly because its true lol.

I support the Tea Partiers but i'm not so naive as to think that every Tea Party member is level headed. I'm sure there are people in the movement that are more prone to threats such as this sign, spitting on congressmen or calling them names. But I don't hold the Tea Party responsible for the few people who show no respect.

I certainly hope that there is a protest in Washington tomorrow. I'm afraid of what might happen if this bill gets passed.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't care where you sit on the political spectrum, you must concede that people are genuinely angry about the establishment. People are losing their jobs, their homes, and their belief that this country will provide them with economic prosperity and stability.

The great tragedy is that the health care lobbyists tapped into this anger and directed it at Obama's health care reform bill. This anger needs to be channeled into more constructive causes. If people got half as angry about lobbyists taking over the whole political process as they were about Obama taking over healthcare, something might actually get done.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am positive we can discuss pertinent political issues without the Off Topic Banter and Insults.

In fact

They stop now

Thank you

Semper

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by warisover

TeaBaggers Go Overboard, Threaten Gun Violence Over HCR

I think this is an attitude you will come to regret.

Why? What are you going to do - kill people whose attitudes you don't approve of?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Tea party protesters call Georgia's John Lewis ''n-word''

WASHINGTON — Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol , angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted "'n-word'" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis , a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s. The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus , lawmakers said. "They were shouting, sort of harassing," Lewis said. "But, it's okay, I've faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean."

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 20-3-2010 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Why? What are you going to do - kill people whose attitudes you don't approve of?

It was not a threat on someone's life, or any sort of violent threat. It was literally saying, "You might be ashamed for taking this stance when you get older and look back."

That's what adults see, but those who just want shock value and drama, will see it as a "threat", like a child.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
1. DO NOT discuss explicit sexual acts

2. Staff actions are Off Topic

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Semper

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Some people take the time to read the entire thread before posting. Those who do that will notice that genius/idoit already addressed that. And in fact no, there is no veiled threat. go back and READ.

EDIT: You beat me to it Syphon

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Zedd31415]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It is a real shame that peoples anger has degenerated to the level displayed at the protest... it is also a shame that too often, when I enter and read and respond to the threads here...it is like walking onto a 2nd grade playground.

An intellect without maturity is like a child playing with a gun... it will go off in most any direction.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
would it surprise any of you if the people were planted there to undermine the movement. i mean what a better way to dismantle a movement than to place some "extremists" amongst the crowd and rabble rouse why all of a sudden we have tea party members spitting on congress members and cussing and what not. In my mind they are most likely plants.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte

would it surprise any of you if the people were planted there to undermine the movement. i mean what a better way to dismantle a movement than to place some "extremists" amongst the crowd and rabble rouse why all of a sudden we have tea party members spitting on congress members and cussing and what not. In my mind they are most likely plants.

Not everything is a conspiracy. It IS possible that there are people who joined the tea party movement that just so happen to be disrespectful, racist, and extremists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join