It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blossom Goodchild is "on" again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
And also, if that singer or painter no showed an event, should they be paid for it? Because that is basically what Goodchild did.

No they should not. That is dodgy and obviously so.

I don't know what people paid her during the Oct 14 fiasco. But i do know this, I was able to read her FULL SUITE of information regarding Oct 14 and didnt pay a single cent.

It was all available on YouTube or wonderful sites like ATS!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

And also, if that singer or painter no showed an event, should they be paid for it? Because that is basically what Goodchild did.

No they should not. That is dodgy and obviously so.

I don't know what people paid her during the Oct 14 fiasco. But i do know this, I was able to read her FULL SUITE of information regarding Oct 14 and didnt pay a single cent.

It was all available on YouTube or wonderful sites like ATS!

That's good then, I'm warning against people who buy her products expecting alien disclosure and fantasy, when she is a known charlatan.

There's a reason these threads are moved to the hoax forum.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

You seem to have similar way as me. I don't tend to believe of disbelieve things; simply take them on. Some things feel right, some not, and some completely indifferent. None should be dismissed out of hand.

As far as the mothership not showing up, I assume she stated that it would be visible to everyone? Seems stupid to call that evidence of fraud otherwise. Seems wrong to me to call it evidence of fraud anyway. Perhaps she is simply making things up to make money, but if she's telling the truth, there's no telling why the mothership did not turn up. They could have got a flat, or run-down battery. Perhaps it was there and was one of the many things claimed as being chinese lanterns or simple hoaxes. Who knows. Something that always makes me wonder though, is why would a fraud give a date like that saying a mothership will appear in the sky? In the long term, it would only damage her income and gain her only skepticism.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher
reply to post by srsen

You seem to have similar way as me. I don't tend to believe of disbelieve things; simply take them on. Some things feel right, some not, and some completely indifferent. None should be dismissed out of hand.

As far as the mothership not showing up, I assume she stated that it would be visible to everyone? Seems stupid to call that evidence of fraud otherwise. Seems wrong to me to call it evidence of fraud anyway. Perhaps she is simply making things up to make money, but if she's telling the truth, there's no telling why the mothership did not turn up. They could have got a flat, or run-down battery. Perhaps it was there and was one of the many things claimed as being chinese lanterns or simple hoaxes. Who knows. Something that always makes me wonder though, is why would a fraud give a date like that saying a mothership will appear in the sky? In the long term, it would only damage her income and gain her only skepticism.

I'm fairly sure she said that it would be visible for everyone and would be a global event, but I'm not going to check through archives for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yes, but that ''gift'' has been shown to be false on more than one occasion, do you think we should be able to live off of false gifts that we lie about?

I'm honestly not meaning to single you out here mate, but her info was false regarding Oct 14, yes. But it wasn't intentional.

Perhaps it was misinterpreted? Perhaps she was channeling a malevolent entity who wanted her to look the fool? We cant even pretend to know these things.

If she intentionally mislead people with her info and forced people to pay for more, then yes, dodgy and should be avoided, but i honestly dont see her doing this.

There is an OPTION to pay for books, dvds, etc. Damn, if i followed that option on every site i visited then i'd have no money left at all!

There was also a rumour that she entered mass depression post Oct 14 because of the fall-out of it all. She felt like a charlatan and hated it. Just a rumour tho, dunno if its true - i read it on ATS haha

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

You can prove she is a liar then? Or can you prove only that what she has said has not come to pass? Because those things are very different. My friend told me the other day he was coming in to work, and I subsequently told someone else. He did not show - does that make me a liar?

EDIT - also not singling you out, lol. It just good to be able to have an actual discussion on this site without it degrading into name-calling

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes, but that ''gift'' has been shown to be false on more than one occasion, do you think we should be able to live off of false gifts that we lie about?

I'm honestly not meaning to single you out here mate, but her info was false regarding Oct 14, yes. But it wasn't intentional.

Perhaps it was misinterpreted? Perhaps she was channeling a malevolent entity who wanted her to look the fool? We cant even pretend to know these things.

If she intentionally mislead people with her info and forced people to pay for more, then yes, dodgy and should be avoided, but i honestly dont see her doing this.

There is an OPTION to pay for books, dvds, etc. Damn, if i followed that option on every site i visited then i'd have no money left at all!

There was also a rumour that she entered mass depression post Oct 14 because of the fall-out of it all. She felt like a charlatan and hated it. Just a rumour tho, dunno if its true - i read it on ATS haha

Yes, I'm sure she felt oh so terrible about making all that money off of the huge explosion of popularity she had before and during the oct 14th shenanigans.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You can prove she is a liar then? Or can you prove only that what she has said has not come to pass? Because those things are very different. My friend told me the other day he was coming in to work, and I subsequently told someone else. He did not show - does that make me a liar?

EDIT - also not singling you out, lol. It just good to be able to have an actual discussion on this site without it degrading into name-calling

Yes, she is a liar, she said a space ship would come and would be visible, that did not happen, therefore she is a liar, I normally wouldn't mind, but she also made profit off of this lie, THAT is what I take issue with.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Exactly!

We do not know enough to flat out say this is right or wrong. As the old saying goes - take what resonates!

My intuition is fairly on-the-money these days too haha

I'm fairly sure she said that it would be visible for everyone and would be a global event, but I'm not going to check through archives for it.

Yeah she did. She said it would be global and visible to all - hence the big to-do about it all.

She was given the word 'Alabama' too, so many assumed this meant it would be seen above Alabama, but this was never really known.

My two cents on it is that there are good entities and bad entities. Just like people, some entities are jerks.

I'm thinking that she must have received the information in good faith but the information was intentionally flawed.

It sounds a bit far-fetched i know. But IF channelling is legitimate then it would stand to reason that there would be entities who have a vested interested in 'debunking' or removing the credibility of the 'good' channelled info.

Hence we get dates that are wrong, events that dont happen, and people whose lives get reduced to rubble after they 'put it all' on a message they received. Who knows!?

EDIT TO ADD: It was the INFO that was the wrong, NOT the intention to share it.

IF money was made, then yes, it should have been returned. I honestly doubt she made money DIRECTLY off Oct 14. Increased popularity - definitely.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by srsen]

[edit on 20-3-2010 by srsen]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Exactly!

We do not know enough to flat out say this is right or wrong. As the old saying goes - take what resonates!

My intuition is fairly on-the-money these days too haha

Yeah she did. She said it would be global and visible to all - hence the big to-do about it all.

She was given the word 'Alabama' too, so many assumed this meant it would be seen above Alabama, but this was never really known.

My two cents on it was that are good entities and bad entities. just like people, some entities are jerks.

I'm thinking that she must has received the information in good faith but the information was intentionally flawed.

It sounds a bit far-fetched i know. But IF channelling is legitimate then it would stand to reason that there would be entities who have a vested interested in 'debunking' or removing the credibility of the 'good' channelled info.

Hence we get dates that are wrong, events that dont happen, and people whose lives get reduced to rubble after they 'put it all' on a message they received. Who knows!?

That sounds like a cop-out to me.
Oh, it must have been some evil entity that told her that a ''galatic federation of light spaceship'' was going to come out for 3 days, right?
Because evil entitys are always out to make people look like fools by making them make false prophecies, right..?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Sorry, but that is rubbish. Her message being wrong does not make her a liar. Perhaps she is a liar. Perhaps she was wrong. I don't know, or care, really; but to call her a liar to such a degree simply because what she said did not happen is just odd. Still, if that's what you believe, believe away. I just don't go in for calling people liars just because they get something wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oh, it must have been some evil entity that told her that a ''galatic federation of light spaceship'' was going to come out for 3 days, right?
Because evil entitys are always out to make people look like fools by making them make false prophecies, right..?

As i said man, JUST an idea.

There are good people and bad people. Good animals, bad animals. Hence, most likely, there's good entities and bad entities.

And again, we DO NOT KNOW. I dont know and neither do you or ANYONE else. Its fun to debate tho haha

So we should't be so black n white about calling her out as a liar and a fraud.

Perhaps you should drop her email sharing your beliefs and hear her side of the story. Would only be the right thing to do considering what you, and many others, are claiming against her.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sorry, but that is rubbish. Her message being wrong does not make her a liar. Perhaps she is a liar. Perhaps she was wrong. I don't know, or care, really; but to call her a liar to such a degree simply because what she said did not happen is just odd. Still, if that's what you believe, believe away. I just don't go in for calling people liars just because they get something wrong.

So, she might be a liar, but its wrong to call her one...to that degree?
You're defending her for no reason whatsoever, other than you take in some of the info she gives, why does that need to stop?
Her being a fraud won't discredit the information you got from whatever she did, but it also doesn't make her not a fraud.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

As i said man, JUST an idea.

There are good people and bad people. Good animals, bad animals. Hence, most likely, there's good entities and bad entities.

And again, we DO NOT KNOW. I dont know and neither do you or ANYONE else. Its fun to debate tho haha

So we should't be so black n white about calling her out as a liar and a fraud.

Perhaps you should drop her email sharing your beliefs and hear her side of the story. Would only be the right thing to do considering what you, and many others, are claiming against her.

Do you email the drunkard outside the bar preaching about the end times to chat about his beliefs?
We have a very different opinion of the information Goodchild brings, I'll leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

By 'to that degree' I was referring to the two pages of you calling her liar. And yes, to me it would be wrong to call her a liar when there is no proof. And there is no proof. The only proff - arguably - is that what she said would happen did not. From there on, it is only speculation.

I don't know what you mean by taking her information on, the extract in the OP is the only thing I've ever read. I'm also not, technically, defending her; I'm simply saying that while she may very well be a fraud, she may also very well not be. I don't know, and you don't know.

I also don't know what you're asking about needing to stop. I didn't understand that bit.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You're defending her for no reason whatsoever, other than you take in some of the info she gives, why does that need to stop?
Her being a fraud won't discredit the information you got from whatever she did, but it also doesn't make her not a fraud.

I THINK what ShadowArcher meant was that if you told me the sky was pink, and i passed that message onto ShadowArcher - who's the liar? You or me?

It would be unfair for me to be called the liar in that scenario. Hence its unfair to label Goodchild a liar.

I think the point has moved beyond Goodchild herself and into general principles. We shouldn't be so quick to label and judge people. Put yourself in their shoes and try to understand their point-of-view.

There is MUCH personal growth to be gained from this approach! At least thats what i find anyway

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Do you email the drunkard outside the bar preaching about the end times to chat about his beliefs?
We have a very different opinion of the information Goodchild brings, I'll leave it at that.

Nah i dont - but honestly, regardless of how crazy, I give everyone's belief system their time of day. From high priest, to rabbi, to monk, to that crazy guy on the corner.

Who knows what the truth might be!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I THINK what ShadowArcher meant was that if you told me the sky was pink, and i passed that message onto ShadowArcher - who's the liar? You or me?

It would be unfair for me to be called the liar in that scenario. Hence its unfair to label Goodchild a liar.

I think the point has moved beyond Goodchild herself and into general principles. We shouldn't be so quick to label and judge people. Put yourself in their shoes and try to understand their point-of-view.

There is MUCH personal growth to be gained from this approach! At least thats what i find anyway

And im saying that once you profit off of that initial lie, it doesn't matter who said it, you're still a fraud profiting off of a lie.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There's a rather vast difference between the old drunk and someone who says they are chanelling - and are sober. But, yes, it might as well be left as it is. I can see you point of view, but it's a shame you don't seem able to see ours. We seem to be the only three left talking about this now, lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Nah i dont - but honestly, regardless of how crazy, I give everyone's belief system their time of day. From high priest, to rabbi, to monk, to that crazy guy on the corner.

Who knows what the truth might be!

Yes exactly, but once they've given faulty information, I tend not to go there for information again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join