It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity's Freedom CONcert Scam: Almost None of Charity's $ Went to Injured Troops, Kids of Fall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The disgusting part is I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if this turns out to be the real deal. The people we put our faith in, in America these days, is truly depressing.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
OK, so there are trust funds or whatever set up for the kids futures. Say that is true. What about the soldiers who seem to be getting shafted?

Say the story is only half true. That still makes it pretty damning, don't ya think?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This is just more evidence that Fox News preys upon patriots and conservatives.

They prey on the uneducated and the gullible. Thinking people have always seen "Faux News" for what it is.

Its not an issue of uneducated. I know a number of people who are doctors or have masters degrees and they have faith in Fox.

MSNBC isn't an alternative either. They are just as bad as Fox, trying to appeal to blind idealism.

The issue is people thinking for themselves and not letting others do that for them. To many fall into blind subjectivity on the left and the right.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is a prime example of why I will never donate directly to any charity. When I do have the money to donate to a cause, I will donate it directly myself. For example, I would like to buy supplies and such for starving people, and undereducated people in Africa. I will fly there myself and deliver these things.

Not to mention you get so much more of a reward doing something like that, ya know? I know one day I will be able to help people like this, and I am very much looking forward to doing so.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
I never realized the concerts were billed as charity events. I thought they were just concerts. The fact that any money from it went to charity is good, in my opinion.

Would it be better if they'd given nothing?

Ain't rationalization grande?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Sorry but you guys are failing to think critically and are letting this blogger do it for you. You all fail to think about or mention that the vast vast majority of the kids of these fallen soldiers are either infants or very small children. Hence they cannot receive the money for the scholarships yet. You can also look at the Scholarship Trust Funds that have been set up from this fundraising, of which more than $15 million is currently in and legally only able to be dispersed to colleges for scholarships. There is no smoke, there is no fire.

Do not let your hatred of Republicans cloud your intellectual honesty. The money is still there, its not in Sean Hannity's pocket. As you can see in the same tax returns, of the money that left the charity each year, over 75% of the money went to the programs charitable purposes. Of course most of that money was not given in scholarships yet, MOST OF THE CHILDREN ARE NOT COLLEGE AGE.

The idea these alleged kids are not old enough makes the scam even better.. as if hannity in unaware of this, of course he is. He is raising cash for people that don't qualify for years. It gives him an excuse to jet set around with his entourage and scam suckers for cash on the "promise" the money will go to scholarships.

Id really like to know where the postage / expenses $$ was spent, businesses he / his family / cronies / shell company owns? his divide & conqueror pals run? and knowing the size of the right wing stick lodged in their sphincter... if little johnny scholarship gets arrested for smoking weed, joins a jihad, or is an outspoken critic of the DC mafias right wings.. he won't get a cent. Neither will jane scholarship if she has an abortion... just watch.

Im sure that young up and coming right wing robot clone kids will get full rides and be touted by the dork Alliance as stunning successes to sean hannitys dedication to apple pie, mom and the GOP... then the next republican puppet'n chief will hang a trinket around seans neck.

This BS charity and the expenses he wastes on chump funded vacations ... along with his horrible tv shows & the accompanying celebrity that strokes his ego.. these are his rewards for being a dedicated and tireless talking point propaganda puking shill-bot for the elite. I'd bet money, if it were legal, that none other than turd blossom his stanky rove self didn't conjure up this scheme with a few of his elite douche lackeys... it seems like ALL past presidents and prominent politicians also have / promote one "non profit" grift or another.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just an observation - perhaps "Program Activities" covers the intended use for the cash?

I don't like Sean Hannity as I think he is a tool, but until somebody can confirm directly with the charity what this line item covers, I think everyone should take a deep breath and calm down. Yeah, the guy is a scumbag, but he is no fool either. He most likely makes plenty of money through his radio and TV deals - why risk that all to rip of the core of people he claims to represent. Just doesn't add up to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Probably bad form to reply right after I've posted, but I've been off taking a look around a bit since my post.

There's an official reply to the allegations on their website now:

Freedom Alliance Response

Seems fairly emphatic, and would suggest that program activities cover support for returned service men/women and their families.

Happy to be corrected, but from what I have seen and no matter how much I would like Sean Hannity to have unfortunate things happen to him, I don't think this thread delivers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rephaim
reply to post by whaaa

Oh, so you will believe a blogger with no credibility. The numbers that the Freedom Alliance posted are all false? Really? I am very disappointed in this forum. I thought you all were looking for truth?

We can not be certain who is telling the truth until both sides show paper work or proof. I with hold judgement either way.

A little info on Oliver North from wikipedia:

North was at the center of national attention during the Iran-Contra affair, a political scandal of the late 1980s. North was a National Security Council member involved in the clandestine sale of weapons to Iran, which served to encourage the release of U.S. hostages from Lebanon. North formulated the second part of the plan: diverting proceeds from the arms sales to aid terrorist groups in Nicaragua known as the Contras. North was charged with several felonies and convicted of three, but the convictions were later vacated, and the underlying charges dismissed on a technicality: the limited immunity agreement granted for his pre-trial public Congressional testimony about the affair.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by MikeNice81]

Later post covers what I found in tax returns. This is no longer valid except the Bio.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
this is wrong on so many levels

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This thread disappoints on so many levels. Some of it, like the knee-jerk reactions from the majority of members ready to condemn Hannity, is to be expected. That is just normal ATS reaction - to read the headline and form an immediate opinion without doing any further research. Gang tactics, a feeding frenzy. And when these members are ultimately shown to be wrong, there is no admission of a mistake from them - just a mumbling little ditty about how all x is y, as if that proves their point.

Expected but not accepted.

Then there is the dubious source, normally a blog or worse, with no facts to back up the allegations.

In this case, where is the audit by a Coopers Lybrand type of firm? You're not going to get that kind of meat in these kind of threads, so don't even look.

But this will be excellent ammunition for Hannity, etc., to launch a civil lawsuit against the accusers. And I hope that Hannity calls out ATS on his show as the purveyors of rumor that they are.

I've followed Hannity for years, really followed him. And I am willing to bet that in the end, he will be cleared of all this mudslinging. He is a very honest man. Not his fault he is a conservative.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I wanted to actually take the time to post and say, thank you for the information. I didn't know where to find this kind of information. Now I know the truth about this topic. Plus, I can dig for dirt on a few more questionable groups.

Thank you again.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is more fantastic news. The blinders are coming off. Hannity is a mouth-piece for the NWO and WTP are seeing him for what he is; a greedy shill with no morals, a hypocrite with no God.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Misinformation like this is just wrong. Sean Hannity is a friend of my father. He donates a ton of money. Before u start ranting mad and calling me names, I AM NOT a Republican. However, I do lean towards the right more than the left. The only scam that is NOT getting enough attention b/c TPTB won't let leak out in "mainstream" media, is when a lot of Hollywood actors/musicians did the Haiti Relief Concert. This, unlike your "news" snippet is true. If I knew how to upload things on here, I would show you.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is my second post on ATS since Nov 09 due to all the disinfo agents here..........

But I could not resist putting in my two cents or should I say 3.6 cents as the charity did........To the poster who's father is a "friend"...............Not such a good friend..........They are all crooks, when will everyone wake up and make the stand?? Lets not even talk about Haiti.........

"A Republican Slush Fund
Posted by Chickenbone | September 30, 2009 6:09:08 AM

Since 2003 Freedom Alliance has collected in cash $48,241,571! Since 2003 they have spent on the Wounded and Dead Veterans and their Families $1,781,782 or .036 cents on the dollar, according to their own IRS 990's!"

www.charitynavigator.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

reply to post by schrodingers dog

I wanted to actually take the time to post and say, thank you for the information. I didn't know where to find this kind of information.

It took me about 5 seconds to find the same info. Google is your friend.

Now I know the truth about this topic.

I think you mean, you know all that you want to know about this topic.

Now get out there and sling some mud!
j/k

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rephaim

I notice the Alliance has their Military Leadership Program on the list but you have to pay to have your children go there.
You can get an early bird rate if you sign your child up early.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nycfrog27

Misinformation like this is just wrong. Sean Hannity is a friend of my father. He donates a ton of money. Before u start ranting mad and calling me names, I AM NOT a Republican. However, I do lean towards the right more than the left.

You don't have to apologize for your political beliefs. Just be proud of them.

The only scam that is NOT getting enough attention b/c TPTB won't let leak out in "mainstream" media, is when a lot of Hollywood actors/musicians did the Haiti Relief Concert. This, unlike your "news" snippet is true. If I knew how to upload things on here, I would show you.

You got that right! Some of the biggest charity scams on record have been sponsored by Hollywood and the music industry. Remember the huge scams right after 9/11?

Nobody remembers or cares about those scams, because they have the latest CD!

Btw, you can get a lot of help on how to upload files and images by just asking for help here. Many people are willing to lend a hand.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I appreciate the self control you exhibited when you weren't rude or nasty in response, it through me off guard! However, I do know that he would never steal nor deprive anyone money that's charity. This I do know. Sean's political alliances (yes, sometimes it's too much) do not have anything to do w/ his heart, which is big btw.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Not sure if this was mentioned but Daily Kos mentioned this back in 2007:

Hannity's "Freedom" concert is a money scam

$9,098,290 Scholarship Fund at end of year

So basically the group began the year with 14.5 million, spent $306,500 on scholarship grants (no guarantee they go to a worthy applicant, they go directly to the college which may or may not use it that way.) and ONLY $97,400 went directly to military families. And where's the rest of the money? So the Freedom Alliance at best gave anywhere from 2% to 8% of its expense money to children of military personnel who died in service. Using the high number, 8% of 8% is less than 1%. So there it is, LESS THAN 1% of the money from Sean Hannity's Scam Concert goes to helping the children of military families yet Hannity bills it as a concert to help these families.

The above seems rather disingenuous. Despite listing the $9 million in the scholarship fund, they make no further mention of it. Instead, they focus on money going directly to families. It seems the author was looking for any cudgel to attack Hannity and the Freedom Alliance with, at the expensive of any other evidence. The author goes so far as to ask "where's the rest of the money?", when it is stated in his own article. If you want to make the argument the money may be better spent in other ways to help the families, you won't see any disagreement from me. At the same time, the author cannot claim the Freedom Alliance is not helping these families when $9 million was placed in the scholarship fund. This is deceptive, cynical and condescending on the part of the author.

Or am I reading this wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join