It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity's Freedom CONcert Scam: Almost None of Charity's $ Went to Injured Troops, Kids of Fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sean Hannity's Freedom CONcert Scam: Almost None of Charity's $ Went to Injured Troops, Kids of Fallen Troops; G5s for Vannity?

www.debbieschlussel.com

For the last several years, Sean Hannity and the Freedom Alliance “charity” have conducted “Freedom Concerts” across America. They’ve told you that they are raising money to pay for the college tuition of the children of fallen soldiers and to pay severely wounded war vets. And on Friday Night, Hannity will be honored with an award for this “Outstanding Community Service by a Radio Talk Show Host” at Talkers Magazine’s convention.

But it’s all a huge scam.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow, this is amazing if true. I knew that there was not a lot of money going to charity from his concerts for charity, but I had no idea the rabbit hole went so deep. We should confront Sean on his radio show and demand answers.

I will be trying to find other sources to confirm this, though the tax refunds cited in the article for themselves.

www.debbieschlussel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is just more evidence that Fox News preys upon patriots and conservatives.

They play up the, "we are conservative!" and in reality they are not. Fox news doesn't give a crap about real conservatives or patriots.

All they care about is profit margins and advertising revenue.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Good story - but no info from you and no S&F from me.

Here's a bit of what SHOULD be repeated:

"According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10,822,785 - but only $397,900 of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers."

Out of almost $11 million revenue, only $397,900 went to the intended beneficiaries !!!

Now that's a story.

According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10, 822, 785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers.

On the other hand, 62% of the money went to “expenses,” including $979,485 for “consultants” and an “advisor.” Yes, consultant/advisors got more than double what injured troops and the kids of fallen troops got. The tax forms show that “New World Aviation” got paid $60,601 for “air travel.” Was that for Hannity’s G5? Like I said, neither the charity nor Hannity is talking. And finally, that year, Freedom Alliance spent $1,730,816 on postage and shipping and $1,414,215 on printing, for a total of $3,145,031, nearly half the revenue the charity spent that year and about eight times what the injured troops and the children of fallen ones received.

...That year, while fat-cat consultants and expenses took millions of Freedom Alliance’s money, seriously wounded troops to whom Freedom Alliance donated received a pathetic average of $785 each and the college student kids of the fallen got a paltry average of $2,943 toward tuition. Yes, out of millions raised that year by Sean Hannity at his Freedom Concerts, only $309,000 was given out in scholarships to 105 students, and only $110,703.82 was given to the wounded soldiers.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If someone is looking to make a contribution for the troops, here are a couple of good ones:

Special Operations Warrior Foundation:

www.specialops.org...

Green Beret Foundation:

www.greenberetfoundation.org...

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Anyone who goes to a Sean Hannity "Freedom Concert" deserves to have their money stolen anyway, call it the tard-tax.

Some Americans actually believe the corporate shills at Fox have their best interests in mind? Yes, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly don't do it for the tens of millions of dollars /year, they do it for you and for America.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is why you should always be careful with celebrity charities. It doesn't matter how fast they wave their American flags or how many times they say patriot, more often than not they are doing it to enrich themselves or their buddies.

Frankly, I don't care what their political leanings are, whoever does this is the worst type of criminal. Ripping off people who are trying to help others in need is simply horrible.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I never realized the concerts were billed as charity events. I thought they were just concerts. The fact that any money from it went to charity is good, in my opinion.

Would it be better if they'd given nothing?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
I never realized the concerts were billed as charity events. I thought they were just concerts. The fact that any money from it went to charity is good, in my opinion.

freedomconcerts.com...

How much does Sean get for his promotion? It's about making money off of conservative chumps. It is so easy to play on peoples patriotism especially when children are brought into the mix.

I like Skynard and Charlie D but Sean gets none of my hard earned money.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

Sure if they didn't claim to be a charity. If you claim your a charity that will give aid to people in need and then it's not ok. If the Redcross did this, Hannity would be screaming his head off. We are talking about a around a 96% overhead for a charity. No legitimate charity has an overhead that high.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Here's a bit of what SHOULD be repeated:

"According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10,822,785 - but only $397,900 of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers."

Out of almost $11 million revenue, only $397,900 went to the intended beneficiaries !!!

Good point, but if the OP hadn't posted this story, you wouldn't have dug up the good info.

S&F all around from me.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
How despicable.

And this is legal? I mean, if Amazon.com sends me a paperclip when I ordered a cd player, do I just shrug and let it be?

I'm no lawyer, but isn't this just a class action lawsuit waiting to happen?
I sure hope so, and I hope him and his entourage will suffer greatly as a result of their greed and lies. What a bunch of serious lowlifes, to use not just children, BUT CHILDREN WHO LOST THEIR MOMMY/DADDY in privatized corporate wars...

Sadly, I suspect what they did is all fine and legal, since their 'consultants' probably include lawyers and accountants...

Scum of the earth... sigh. When will we wipe the streets clean of these people?

Edit to add: Major S+F from me... if there's anything We The People can still do effectively, it is spreading info like wildfire. I sure hope this goes viral, I'm posting it to other networks now.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Conspiracy Pianist]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
This is why you should always be careful with celebrity charities.

Not just celebrity charities, but ANY charity. A lot of them collect a metric ton of phat cash, and 99% of it goes to their CEO or whoever their talking head is.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Thanks for sharing this Happyfeet.

Although I am anti-war, I support our troops 100000 percent and I want them home with their families.

Sean Hannity is a neo-con POS who doesn't give a damn about our troops who risk life and limb so his ass can live in the lap of luxury.

Our troops are from the middle class and the middle class is always what will make this country great...not Hannity the POS war mongering hateful liar that he is....nor any other pundit from Fox News or any other corporate news agency.

The little people...US....need to stick together and quit letting them divide us.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Although I am anti-war, I support our troops 100000 percent and I want them home with their families.

You do? Gimme twenty bucks.

There are some good charities out there that help out the troops (I posted links to two of them). You just have to be careful.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You do? Gimme twenty bucks. There are some good charities out there that help out the troops (I posted links to two of them). You just have to be careful.

If you seriously want it...and you served...I'd give it to you. I have family and friends in the military.......they want to come home.

Let's bring them home man....and save our country in the process. Yes, I am highly critical of the war and many of our actions....but I that doesn't mean I hate the young men and women who feel they are doing right to serve me, you, and our country.

I just want them home. Let them be with their father, mother, wife, and their kids.

We can do better than this jerico....you know we can.

Thanks for serving...you have far more guts than I do. I almost joined after high school...but backed out at the last minute and didn't take the physical which would have sealed the deal.

It's just not me.....but I am thankful for those who want to protect me...even if I don't agree for the reasons.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I hope you all find this interesting.

Source: www.freedomalliance.org...

I guess this explains everything. It took me literally 20 seconds to find the answer, yet it's easy enough to trash someone. I find it kind of hard to believe that someone like Sean would be day to day on the radio espousing Conservative and Libertarian values yet pull a fast one on the brave men and woman in uniform. Shame on you for even posting this trash without checking for the quality of the information.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's ironic that I was just listening to Hannity on the radio promoting some big
thing he's involved with on the weekend of March 27th and 28th. I've always
been suspicious of Sean Hannity because he reminds me of a certain Evangelical
Pastor who uses his "sheep" to finance his luxury cars, home, etc..

Everyone, do the world a favor by posting a link to this ATS thread in forums
where other caring human beings hang out. That's what I'll be doing for the
next couple of hours.

-cwm

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rephaim
I hope you all find this interesting.

Source: www.freedomalliance.org...

If I can't believe Sean H. or Fox as they play fast and loose with the truth; how can I believe the freedom alliance? I think the term is "covering your ass"

[edit on 19-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All I can really say is...

Duh.

What do you expect from an entertainer who cares only about profit and ratings?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join