reply to post by hyperion.martin
1. No modern army has ever defeated an indigenous population on thier own land. Think Vietnam, Afghanistan, Chechenya, Iraq, and Afghanistan again
2. If your premise were true only 2% of people who join the military would cut it in combat since they are taken from the overall population.
3. You assume that the two percent of the people who supposedly have the lets call it "warrior gene" all join the military.
4.History is repleat with so called peasants, farmers, rabble, or common people, rising up when circumstances force them and defeating supposedly
superior armies and warriors. The American revolution perhaps being the most well known.
5. The most powerful and technologically advanced army in the world hasn't been able to route out a few thousand insurgents with AK's and RPG's in
Iraq and Afghanistan (see number 1 again)
6. No country on earth has the traditions of liberty and freedom ingrained in thier mindset like America.
7. Only 3 percent actually fought the American revolution.
8. If only 1% of 100,000,000 gun owners fight (it will likely be more) that is 1 million freedom loving Americans. More then all the available combat
troops we have in the entire military.
9. The most well armed well trained most resourceful guerilla army in history of the world is in America. This won't be peasants in robes with AK's.
Many of them veterans with the same or better training as those whom they would be fighting. And full machine shops in thier garages to make just
about anything. Guerilla tactics are hit and run never going toe to toe with a superior foe. Lots of folks successfully track stalk and hunt deer and
elk every year I am sure that can easily be adapted to other things.
10. A certain percentage of the military will side with patriots and bring some of thier toys with them.
11. No army foreign or domestic could control the entire land mass of America. It is logistically impossible and they would be picked off from every
rock, tree, door, and _ As the Japanese said of us when asked why they never invaded the mainland; There would be a rifle behind every blade of
12. would be cutting off thier own supply lines (the American people) and could maybe control a few cities at best but doubtful they could sustain it
for very long.
The PTB know they could never win a fight with the American people that is why they don't want one. And why should they? They are doing just fine
robbing us of all our wealth via subterfuge. They want productive slaves on the plantation not a revolt!.
[edit on 18-3-2010 by hawkiye]