It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why most ATS members will never fight the NWO: you are all talk

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I disagree with the notion that big business and big banks are evil...in fact, their only goals are to maximize profit...thats not evil...thats what every successful entity in capitalist society attempts to do

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Perhaps a good point, but don't let your aggression toward peoples political views blind you from the fact that so called scientific numbers or any "recorded" data can be, and usually is, wrong....oh and when was this book published, because the growing number of people who don't trust the government is beginning to stagger and I would be willing to bet my life that if/when such a resistance would begin you might just be running into that 2% head on. Anyway all I'm saying is don't get too cocky, just because you're military means nothing, I know many ex-military ready for whatever the government has to give em and they're sure as hell not "phobic".

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'll be awaiting these mind "Hardening" techniques. I'm also sure others will be to so be sure to post something able to harden the average Joe's mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I take offense to the title of this thread.
I have been slapped about the face, and I must restore my honor.
A duel is in order.
Aah, but the attack was but mere words, typed from the safety of near anonymity, insults cast from the safety of a balcony as it were.
To respond in kind, would be cowardly.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

Dude, cmon now.

I am a peace loving person. I have never ever wanted to join the 'force' or the military, why? Because I've always known they are rackets, not because I wasn't a man of action. There was a time where I wanted to be an EMT though, but they are on a different side of the "fence" than "authority" or other uniformed figures.

I've grown up on the streets of Los Angeles, I ran with gangs and knuckleheads as a kid, I was in many barfights in my 20's, when studied martial arts, survival, combat tactics and other areas of 'defense'.

Now I'm older and wiser, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't revert back to the instinct if I had to, I still feel it in the background.

But just because I've never 'served' or joined some form of collective uniformed group, does NOT mean I am not the type of guy that runs at the problem. All my life I have been the guy that either helps or fights when most won't. If I feel threatened I turn on the switch and jump on it in a split second. People get hassled and runover by a bully, I usually step in to help. Always have.

AND I'M NOT ALONE. Many throughout the world are like me, and like you. And that percentage has never been tested, it might be 5% it might be 8%, this magic percentage of "2" is made up crap.

But what bothers me the most is that you feel only someone in uniform is capable. And then you speak to ATS members like you're on top of the hill looking down your nose at us because we didn't bother to be "IRAQI Oil guard #4372892" or "Afghani Poppy Guard # 3647243".

Chicken Chesting online about how you're the only one with balls to fight the "NWO", please dude.

You have no clue what people are capable of, or what your audience is. True, I think also that many online personas talk a bunch of riled up crap, and that this forum is filled with a bunch of guys trapped in some dark room with their dirty smelly boxers on, picking their nose while another cheeto falls on their fat guts. But there are people here that know whats up, and would take action.

You're not special because you were an official "warrior" of the United States.

Don't puff up online and blow your conch because you feel superior. There are a lot of civilians that will knock your D in the Dirt, that never served, never wanted to kill, love peace, etc. But will snap a MF's neck if he ever tries to touch him or subjugate him.

And you never know what would happen if the S*** truly hit the fan. Overnight fighters are made in every upheaval. Sparks become a flame, flame becomes a fire. If someone ignites the spark, you have no idea who would come out of the wood work.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
let's be honest: whether it's this board or any of the others that cover these subjects, 99.99% of the people who talk about revolution would # their pants the minute a weapon is pointed in their direction. That leaves damn few people willing to actually fight if it came to that. people like to talk tough, but, take a bullet and see how tough you are then.
I hope it won't ever come to violence, but, I'm very worried that may be the only choice left. think about this: we may be bombing Iran(for israel) this summer. russia and china will defend iran, and they have nukes. If by fighting we can stop a potential nuclear war, then we may have to. Humanity may literally be on the verge on extinction in such a circumstance, and I'm not ready to go just yet..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Furthermore OP,

There are people of all types here. Some people aren't made to be fighters like you or me.

Some are great at research, intel, computers, growing food, framing and construction, medical, etc. If a 'revolution' happened, they would play their part. We all would have a part.

True I believe many here would not play the part YOU would play, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't be affective. Do many 20 somethings come here that have never had to go toe to toe for their life with a real psycho badass, most likely, yes. Or have ever even SEEN someone die other than on YouTube? Of course.

And yes, a lot of people online talk fantasy crap like it's a Matrix movie...so by that I think you're right. But if stuff heats up do YOUR job and forget what you think about some nerds on a forum. It won't matter anyways. They'll help the way they can and you do your thing.

They might show their 'bravery in other ways. Not everyone is a warrior spirit.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I think your post is very ignorant and not supported by anything other than what you have put together inside your own head.

I know plenty of people who are willing to fight, including children if it came down to it. My whole family has been trained to use weapons if they must, and some of us have taken self defense as well.

To say you think only 2% of people will fight when it comes down to it, is a very underestimated number. Your point you tried to make about how people will react is completely moot because when TSHF things will be much different than combat in Iraq or how things have been in any war period. People will react in ways that they never have, so this is not a scenario you can approach with any sort of research you've made. There are assumptions you can make, such as yours, but there is NO way to prove your point since these things have not taken place... yet.

So take your fear mongering some place else, give hope to people rather than fear. Tell people they will be able to fight and stick up for themselves, their family, and fellow man rather than tell them they cannot do what it takes to survive. You do not know every person personally, therefore who are you to make assumptions about ANYONE?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Consider that there may be a difference in being an MP in Iraq and fighting the undefined entity called the NWO. When someone is shooting at you, you know that you should shoot back and make him a hero.

When do you start shooting at the NWO and who do you shoot at?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

They want power, control and profit!

I agree with most things you say but the above statement is wrong!! This is not what they want, they already have each of the above things! What they want is more sinister than that. This is what I have come to learn.All those that think its about power, control and profit only are mistaken, they already control these things, no this rabbit hole goes deeper than that. No Doubt in my mind!

[edit on 18-3-2010 by kcfusion]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Mostly I believe that Prove_IT_Now got it right, and has the jist of where your post is wrong, I would clarify a few things.

While I don't think that vast majority of people would openly fight, there's always more that needs doing than fighting. Do you think that doctors who stitch up wounded fighters aren't doing their part? How about the farmers who supply grain to an underground? Bakers who cook the bread? Smugglers who bring in hard to get materials? Spies inside of "enemy" organizations?

Not everyone is cut out to be The White Death, and most would never be able to take human life. Even in combat. Thank God.

Are you going to tell me that George Washington was an incompetent boob? He didn't lay the success of the American revolution at the feet of himself, or even that man of action Patrick Henry. He laid it at the feet of someone who bitched, moaned, and only wrote, Tom Paine.

How about resistance fighters? Are you under the impression that the U.S. is winning in Iraq and Afghanistan? That the Nazi's wandered around Paris without a problem?

And when it is a fight to the death. When people are facing death camps, there is a saying that I've always followed, "The only thing more dangerous than the man who has nothing to lose is a man who has everything to lose."

You want to know what scares TPTB? People. regular people. They are terrified of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a lot of people on this site are nerdy, probably think they are jedis. the guys you see on the bus wearing silk button up dragon shirts and rocking a long ponytail and some thick glasses. but maybe some of us are from bad areas. maybe we are used to violence. maybe some of us have even used violence ourselves
what i am basically trying to say is that not all of us are pokemon card collectors. some of us could even be dangerous. hypothetically.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by murphyhurtme]

[edit on 3/18/2010 by murphyhurtme]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I knew a guy who's wife was 5'4". She got picked on by a guy who was about 230 and 6'2". She cupped her hand and gave him an ear slap. He fell down to the ground drooling on himself.

The big guy didn't know she was a martial arts teacher in JKD, Kenpo, and Wing Tsun along with her husband....for 20 years.

You never know who is dangerous and who is not.

I'm just tired of military dudes thinking they're the only ones with a fighting spirit.

It's like Nascar drivers thinking they're the only ones that know how to drive fast.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hey Martin some good good points made in your post about how most people are not combat ready, well appearantly you and your horse are and good for you... I am happy that you are part of that 2% that goes running towards gunfire It gives people like me, we call ourselves the 20%ers more time to get to a better position for the current crisis at hand and maybe survive... I will only pick up arms against these PTB if I need to...I am not violent and I am not aggressive. What I am tho is confident. I am confident in my ability to survive and to protect my family in the process regardless of the situation...So, Martin...If you were the only person in a room and 100 people came into that room with guns drawn shooting would you run at them?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think what it simple comes down to is your 3 F's or Fight, Flight and Freeze. If someone dropped a snaked on me id probably piss my pants and run until I realized it was a snake and tried to identify the type. If a spider fell on me id piss my pants, scream like a girl and swat at it, go out and get a fly-swatter and wait to see if the little bugger is dead or not.

If a man were to shoot someone in the head or threaten my life I would go into emergency mode which is what you described in the first post, hands shaking due to adrenaline increase in the body, dilated pupils and an increased heart rate due to the heart taking more blood from the outer extremities. Then after that happens in a few seconds id run for cover and 1. Stop 2. Look 3. Listen 4.Smell SLLS. After I caught my breath id either get out of the hot zone, stay where I am til I am forced out or to fight back. Chances are unless I have my side arm, some other weapon or am relatively close I am not going to fight back.

I think the average persons response is Flight or Freeze however there are a rather large percentage that fight back, not just 2%. However these people will never know who they are til it does happen to them. My father and cousins were all military and they've shown me how and what to do. I also have studied the psychological aspects of 'Decision making abilities under stress.' the fact is that you are mostly right, the average human beings brain's natural and default function is to run and get safe.

I do however think that more than 20% of the people in that room wouldn't freeze or flee. Really only your calculations are off as they are just assumptions. I do have first hand experience in seeing how someone thinks or acts when they are forced to Fight, Freeze or Flee because it makes a person go into an all instinct or 'Primal Mode' unless that person has been rigorous trained not to.

Because of my past experience I am as you stated one of the 2% who wouldn't flip out at first if I was in a room with 100 people because in an odd situation like that I am already alert and on a 'Senses High' now if a snake or spider dropped on me while I was typing this I would probably freak. I think the point you were trying but didn't really make was that in a normal situation when the abnormal happens most people can not deal with it like they think they could.

However people may surprise you in how they react, you can't simply say that because they don't have the proper training they wouldn't as that is a false and inaccurate assumption. It would depend on many variables so I don't think it is fair to say that most of us are all bark and no bite as you cant simple assume one way or the other. The very fact someone is here shows they have a little knowledge of what would and could happen therefor they might not just freak or freeze.

Im going to agree with part and disagree with most of your post, however I do respect your position and see where you are coming from as I have been in such a position myself.

-Sneux V. Corten

[edit on 18-3-2010 by SneuxCorten]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
LOL ... we dont have to fight anyone to beat the NWO ... there is only 1 thing we have to do and that is .... NOTHING .... NON COMPLIANCE ... if we just stop giving a # about their rules and doing our own thing in mass there is not one thing they can do about it ... not complying with this stupid society is the key ... not any type of war or fighting

.... no one needs to fight anyone ... Fighting for peace is the biggest bull# statement ever made ... if we dont comply on mass there is literally nothing they can do ... this society is set up its not real ...

if it were a true democracy or if we had true freedom ... there would be a public wide vote for every law passed in the history of mankind ...so that a few at the top cant decide the fate of the many .... everyone collectively would agree to the laws being passed ... sounds easy to me

just my thoughts on this anyways

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Imho a person needs to experience a real fight or flight situation in order to even begin preparing for such events. It could be a simple fight as a teen or even a heated argument that gets close to the edge, some type of confrontation which triggers this fight or flight reaction.

It doesn't really matter how you respond to it at the time, its just an experience you have to have so that you can relive that sensation to the best of your ability and put your mind into it with those memories and try to prepare yourself to overcome any negative reactions you had to it.

Its really a mental thing, some people can overcome the negative aspects of it and some cant.

Also i disagree with the OP. A civilian population can indeed pose a threat to a standing army, especially one that has been pushed to the breaking point.

Will an "individual" civilian have the effectiveness of an "individual" soldier? perhaps not, but in a fight for "the greater good" that wont matter because another motivated civilian will stand in the place of the fallen, and that process can repeat itself over and over again so long as that civilian populace is motivated, give it enough time and that weaker, inferior civilian resistance will defeat the well trained and well equipped military force simply by sheer numbers and motivation.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'll do you one better. I'm part of the 0.01%. The fraction of a percent that would not run from gun fire. Because let's be honest. If I'm to die, then it's meant to be. The divine willing. But would that mean I would experience the urge to do the opposite and run towards it to attack the person?

There are... other methods.

Fear or recourse to disprove fear rather than acknowledge it and deal with it accordingly is always doomed to fail for the same premise as fear alone. No positive outcome will ever occur if there is a presence of fear.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000
Do any of YOU have what it takes to stare down a laser guided missile? Let us know how your bravery works out.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by manbird12000]

And like you do?

Cause its well known arms always fall into the other guys hands.
Maybe it will be you staring at it

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by colt122

Originally posted by manbird12000
Do any of YOU have what it takes to stare down a laser guided missile? Let us know how your bravery works out.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by manbird12000]

And like you do?

Cause its well known arms always fall into the other guys hands.
Maybe it will be you staring at it

I'm crazy, so I'd probably try to do the Iron Man thing and piggyback ride it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join