It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abrahamic religions! Holy Land! Of God? Rant!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
You asked me, in the other thread, about my "faith", and then you started up this thread - so fair is fair, what is this "Gospel of Peace" entity - Nazarenes?

The Essene Gospel of Peace?

And if you are claiming that God isn't a "jealous" God - that is changing the King James Bible into what *you* want it to mean.

Deuteronomy 6:15 (King James Version) 15(For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

So what "faith" are you, Leo?

And more important, what "bible" do you follow?

And just to be clear...I dont hold any writings as given by God. There is spiritual wisdom in many writings. There must be discernment in all of them.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
But if you do decide...umm....not sure you will find a man in the sky.

LOL..... How very true. It's amazing how people stereotype those who believe in more than just themself.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Hello Speaker!

Was caught up earlier after I posted standing on defense I didnt have a chance to reply to the one keeping my back

I do feel it...really now more then ever. I want to hope that a miracle will happen and a sudden understanding will come amongst 'gods people'....but sadly it looks as though its all going to have to play itself out.

We are just babes...and so many are ready to claim a place in rest.

We are as instruments for the Spirit, if we can walk the path. Jesus showed us we can all be this by following in his footsteps.

My best to you and yours!
LV

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Hello nomorecruelty

I just felt the need to come back and reply to you that the reason I started this thread has been a long time coming. I did ask you a question today...it is what my spirit was sparked to do. There have been many stepping stones to finally get me to post a thread for these feelings and thoughts.

My best to you always
LV

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Well, you know, Leo, I've been watching all of the stuff going on and I have to think that there are pockets of people who really want things to get kicked off. I have news for them, when it does, they will pray to whatever god they are praying to, to release them, but to no avail.

Like the bible states, "Ask and ye shall receive." Well, there are some people in this world that are desirous of warfare, armageddon, and apocalypse.... It looks like it may happen. That is their, our (?), choice...

So many think that there is going to be some great "sweeping up" of the "worthy" before the worst comes; they are going to be sorely disappointed. It's sad how duped people really are.

There will be those who will be protected, but that is the closest thing to a "rapture" that will occur. We are all in this together.... Some will make it;some will fall by the wayside. That is just the way it is.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I just hope 'we' as a whole can learn something from it. Not just a group of us learning...but I hope it brings steps forward for humanity after its all said and done.

All of humanities history holds lessons for us. I hope mankind can see through the lesson that is fixing to take place.

Im not a big person of prayer....because I tend to think, why ask God to fix something, which would be assuming there was something wrong in the first place.

But I pray...I pray this is totally mans mistake and God please have mercy and help them see.

Deep down....I know it will happen, for it must. But all that await for it to be so, for God...there is still time to take a good look around and open their eyes.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Obviously you do not subscribe to the true Word of God, who, by the way, IS a "He" as in "Father, and Son".

I dont know about that. In Genesis, when God is apparently saying what "he" is, "he" does not speak of "himself" as singular only, or male only.

Genesis;

www.bartleby.com...

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, 1 Cor. 11.7 after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Perhaps thats because God is neither male nor female, but something that encompasses both and we call God "He" because the patriarchal culture in the Middle East like it better that their God be male and male only.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The provision of Christ was one in which mankind was touched from above. The provision of "Adam" was one in which mankind was touched from below.

Christ, the judge from above, and His brethren, the judges from below.

We must be like Him in nature, not necessarily in action. His manner of death, manner of life, etc, are not important except that He taught the provision of God and the expression thereof.

More so, whether idolizing His earthly death, or His earthly life, it is idolatry nonetheless. However, the spirit of your words is true. Truth and Truth expressed. Judge and be judged.

Judge with earthly wisdom and your wisdom will pass with the earth. Judge with eternal wisdom and eternity will be added to you.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
But all that await for it to be so, for God...there is still time to take a good look around and open their eyes.

Oh, but,Leo, don't you see? Those who wait for these things to happen in rabid anticipation have neither "eye to see nor ear to hear." They have turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to those voices of reason and compassion.

Now, all they do is sit and wait for some SUPERNATURAL happening that was never meant to be as is interpreted. They will see soon. Those who are rushing towards this Armageddon or apocalypse will see their preconceived "dreams" collapse right before them. Not because it doesn't happen as foretold, but because it won't be as they imagined it.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Seems you do not have a Bible on hand and therefore would not understand why there is such a debate over this land.

Nor have you delved into the history of the land after God broke up the nation of Israel and gave prophecy that it would come back together in the future and never to be destroyed again.

I know that this is falling upon deaf ears as the Bible says there would be scoffers that are willingly ignorant of

we are ignorant when we refuse to learn or simply do not know and understand,
to rant against something it is best if one learns about it so they can give educated arguments of the subject weather the except the information they learned or not at least they can speak on the matter with some creedance.

It should be enough that the Bible prophecy of Israel becoming a nation again would be enough to understand why there is such terrible fighting in that region.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Seriously?
Jhn 18:36
Joshua answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Do you not understand? Those who lay claim to the seen will perish with the seen.

Hbr 11:13-16
These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The miserable and temporal city (and its tower) is home to most of the inhabitants of earth, but the eternal Children of God belong to an eternal city. I warn you, even those who claim eternal understanding without expressing such a thing well, these are the inhabitants of the temporal and miserable city and the tower will fall on top of their hearts, understandings, souls, and strengths.

Seek, primarily, the kingdom of God. For the kingdom you seek is the kingdom you will reign in.

And fearing my own arrogance, but believing it fully, I must say; the kingdom that most people set up in their hearts is a wretched home built on pride and chaos which this place is already well established on and we can see how rotten and sour (while I do admit it is often impressive) the fruit of our labors can be.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Many of us do want the 3rd Temple for purposes of worshiping there or even because we think God's presence we return specifically to that temple. Scripture prophesies that a third temple will be built before the return of our savior and king. this is why so many of us are excited to see the construction of the third temple close at hand.

God Himself designated areas of land as being Holy, the only problem with that comes if you do not believe in that faith and think that all faiths are viable ways to God. If there is one true God and he has designated a place as being holy, it is holy. Just because everyone else feels offended that they can't build a taco stand on top of a site proclaimed to be holy by God does not mean that everybody should have equal access to do whatever they want on that holy ground.

Can't a religious body of people own property just like any other group of people?

Just some thoughts, not trying to be disrespectful or rude.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yodagod

Shame on man for tainting the desires of God...such as preaching that God desires things of Earth.

Shame on you for claiming that an entity that created "everything" could somehow possibly need something .

Why would God create something God would not need? If a perfect God transcending everything creates everything, then God needs that in God's plan of redemption. People often speak of paradox in criticizing things of a spiritual nature, but do not realize that there are multiple dimensions of reality, and that life is chock full of paradoxes. Please, do not merely try to be the reaction to something. Well, if that is what you are doing. We see that you do not agree, but can you do more than negate, if that is what you are doing. I know you can, if you will. What do you posit?

There is a certain web or veil over at least many's and seemingly most's perspectives. Think art imitates life, life imitates art tainted with human's desire for their fecal image being spread around in an attempt to be a God of sorts, all spiraling down into lust which leads to people self-identifying with a binary system and feeling the need to be animated by the selfish spirits created by humanity and wanting to throw their own flavor into this truly corrupted mix. Corrupted as in the core has been ruptured. Most not truly seeing the other and mutually laying chains around each other until their is nothing but total bondage and robotic humanity, although I have great faith a light of sorts emerges from nowhere at this infinitessimal point in time if it comes to this, in fact the meaning of time itself. I believe this fellow perceives some of what I perceive. What beef do you have with a person having their own beliefs? Do they in someway coerce you? If you feel compelled to accept all you hear, you might want to reflect on whether you put all of your faith in the binary with a desire for self-glory. Not a good recipe, but it does synthesize something quite evil. I have been guilty of your mentalities, and I am not picking on you or saying I am right or whatever to you. This is just how I see all of this.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The chosen people are the people who do the will of God. The holy land is all of Earth. Treat your brother with respect and be a good steward over the land.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You're right, God is not a real estate agent. The so called 'Promised Land' is not land at all...it is heaven!

The early Jews who were actually Canaanites, were promised an eternal place in heaven as thanks for believing in the One God philosophy. In those days the other Canaanites believed in multiple gods, each responsible for a different part of nature; water, air, land, etc.

And a final note to point out that the Holy Land was indeed a peace-filled heavenly place on Earth, where each of the Abrahamic religions were free to practice their religion and live their lives freely, they worked and lived together and both appreciated and understood each other... But all of that changed when the Zionist Project arrived in Palestine in the early 20th century.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

I have a question for you, and it might seem odd, but the way you presented makes something I have thought make sense to me. You say Christ is the judge from above and Adam is from below. Adam would be the one thing we try to mine to get out of programmed control. Christ would be what we try to mine for personal, everlasting peace, but neither can be mined, but must be given. Adam is a singular machine, a primal deus ex machina, the something that gets mankind through the binary channels avoiding being devoured by the dragon that eats itself. The Christ is the singularity of NOthing, pure spirit, that knocks perfectly capable but perfectly lustful (Lucifer?) man down upon trying to enter the perpetual light. It is a feedback loop that increases knowledge and humility during each iteration. Eventually, one learns enough in the effort to enter the kingdom of heaven with ease, if one so wills. Does this resonate with you or anybody else for that matter?

Oh yeah, in jest but with a great deal of truth, it can also be seen as the following: Adam is the snake that must be mastered. We must learn how to transcend the adversary in general. Christ is the woman (not trying to be offensive, Christ had no earthly father, but did have an earthly mother, and seemed to be one who could look through the glass and not be eaten alive and devoured) who really digs guys who can master the snake, being wise as serpents; but being perfected requires not only that we be wise as serpents, but also that we be peaceful as doves as well. The reconciliation and perfection of individual (wise as serpents, snakes being primal, binary creatures, binary being divided into oppositional duality) and the reconciliation of the whole which reveals that all we need is love, but the consciousness of such runs deep and is hyper intuitive. Both these reconciliations are then reconciled as well, and heaven is born.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Careful with that Empire. That line of reasoning is what got Spinoza excommunicated.
Although if you have nothing to be excommunicated from you are probably safe.

muse.jhu.edu.../journals/jewish_social_studies/v012/12.1geller.html

"Of the Election of the Jews...." In that chapter Spinoza argues that the claim that the Jews are God's chosen people is no longer valid. Further, their former elected status was not a consequence of any qualities or religious beliefs particular to them but was the result of their past political good fortune. The fall of the Jewish state marked the end of their chosenness: [T]he Hebrew nation was not chosen by God before others by reason of its intellect or of its peace of mind, but by reason of the social order and of the fortune by which it acquired a state and by which it kept [a state] for many years. . . . [S]ince God is equally well disposed to all and chose the Hebrews only with respect to their social order and their state, we conclude that . . . there is no difference between [a Jew] and a gentile.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
man will use religion to control.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Just like he'll use politics, television, resources and everything else. What is your point?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

I see where you are coming from. And it does ring true in part.

In Existence, there is no lack. But Existence created a void so that it would be filled. This is the basic foundation of life coming up from the void and is the beginning of man. We have limits. This is why the Law was given. We are not orderly enough to be eternal. Christ and Comfort are the flesh from above and the breath of life from above, just as we have both a flesh and soul from below.

Christ is the hand from heaven which takes hold of the Children of God. Consider faith to be sperm entering an egg and the world is a womb.

Christ is the first to be born in this world and enter the next realm fully.
The Prophets knew of this process and this is why their faith, which was a gift to them, is what their election is connected/predicated on. Just read Jeremiah chapter 1 or Romans chapter 9 or John chapters 10 and 17 or Hebrews 11.

The process of life is certainly cyclical and Christ is the one who seeks the lost sheep. Just as many sperm are ejaculated and one enters the egg, many are called, but few are chosen. This world is a womb. Those lives which reflect eternal things, those lives which yearn to live in a home that does not end with the vanity of this realm, these are the Eternal Children.

I would be curious to speak with you or at least converse in pms (or a new thread?) about what you are seeing. I am sure that I am losing a bit of the intricacies that you are understanding in my reading of your words, but it does seem like you are recognizing many truths about how well things are actually connected and how the cycles work.

Lastly, to all, consider this realm to be one of circles. If you continue being the same, vomiting and then eating it again, and then vomiting and eating it again, you will never progress. However, if you are one to repent, if you are one to look at yourself, understand your limits, but also recognize the extent of Gods giving to us, you will outlast the cycles of this realm and move in a straight line, or possibly a spiral. The point is that you will progress.

Life and Life expressed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join