It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening from NASA...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Hi Astro Engineer,

WELCOME...

I was actually instructed by a former NASA employee who developed thermal related parts for Apollo 11. Perhaps one day I will fill such a large position as you and my uncle one day.

But enough trifling, I do not understand your first post at all. If you are anonymous then why do not tell your secrets?

[edit on 15-3-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Welcome! It will be a rough ride until you earn your spurs.

If UFOs and ETs were not in your domain, I assume that your business was on the mechanical side in some fashion. What I'm waiting for--I need no confirmation of UFOs/ETs--is some revelations that incredible numbers or our vehicles over the decades are nothing but "make work" projects to cover the real work.

For example, we have the triangles, the existence of which is inescapable--I've seen one up close--these are incredible machines. On the other hand, we have the apparent "make work" projects that has kept the major aerospace industry busy for several decades. Just to name a few of these dead-end projects, we have the Ospray, the F-117A stealth fighter, the B-2 bomber, the latest (whatever type it is) jet fighter, the whole space technology system based on stupid rockets. The pinnacle of which is that death-trap device called the Shuttle.

Whatever light you can throw on any of this or other related activity which has been shrouded in secrecy and ignorance for over half a century would be greatly appreciated by every one on this list, even those will give you a rought time of it because they need decent, direct info more than anyone.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
whatever.

stop #&*!@n' around and spill the beans about the aliens....

I'm not flaggin' anything till then.

I hope you are kidding here...Not everyone who works at NASA knows about aliens for heavens sake!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can't believe this was on the front page. I read through three pages with nothing of any relevance being presented. I would rather read a thousand reptilian threads than a post from someone who is typing cryptically about something they can't even reveal until they are "financially stable" enough too. If you have any information that is of interest to us than it is probably best to spit it out immediately. If you are premature with your posting and aren't even actually able to say anything than that does, in fact, make you an attention whore. Even if you have something important to say eventually. If you can't say it now than the only reason to post is the attention it garners.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS John

I hope you like our little community here and just ignore the trolls on here who are already dismissing you with out even giving you a chance. Personally I give everyone a chance until they prove me wrong. I have met many people who work for NASA and still do. (I live on the Space Coast) I have had some interesting conversations with a few of them so I look forward to things you might have to say.
What programs did you work on? What are your thoughts on the future of the Space program?

Just an FYI to everyone on here giving him crap about aliens and UFOS, NOT ALL NASA people know these things, give the guy a break!

Flag for you!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Even though his intro was well-written and his intentions (and identity) may be genuine, why the cliff-hanger approach? Why not just come on here when you're ready to talk/type? Why all the sensationalism?
Hollywood writers, actors, directors and/or producers are known for doing this!

We (I don't anyway) go through life in this manner now do we?
We usually don't have a need to contrive statements. We don't typically walk up to strangers and give a potential jaw-dropping intro then, tell them to come back and look for us at a later date.
That's just not natural.
Nor does it feel honest because after all, we're all hiding in cyberspace behind a cloak of anonymity anyway! So what's the problem? It just seems shady!

Sorry. I'm just not buying this. A person of good intent will not try to bait his/her audience unless he/she likes the attention and if THAT'S the case then, it's already off to a bad start.

I'm just sayin'................

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Welcome to ATS John

I hope you like our little community here and just ignore the trolls on here who are already dismissing you with out even giving you a chance. Personally I give everyone a chance until they prove me wrong. I have met many people who work for NASA and still do. (I live on the Space Coast) I have had some interesting conversations with a few of them so I look forward to things you might have to say.

Well said. This website is for consiracy theories, right? These theories are built on pieces of information. This gentleman may have a small piece to this puzzle that means something. Let's give him a chance, huh?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I also spent many years working for an agency I can't name doing things I can't tell you about in a secret location. But I've said too much already.

And, like you, I will eventually write several more paragraphs telling people that I can't tell them anything. But since I am not "financially stable", first I need to marry my rich fiancee, an international movie star I can't name, so I can tell everyone what I REALLY know.

Until then, I'm afraid I have to go back to the future with my friend John Titor.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstroEngineer
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Late on a Sunday night I hadn't anticipated so many hellos, or expected the necessity of a follow-up.

Your former job perks interest..there have been other nasa employees blowing whistles before and they tend to offer some rather interesting perspectives.

A true skeptic (as a true scientist) reserves judgment in the absence of sufficiently conclusive data. Most people who self identify as skeptics are (as I was, and likely still am in ways I don't realize) just passing unfounded negative judgments based on beliefs (not facts).

I like to call them religoskeptics (or pseduoskeptics). They use the guise of skepticism to deny anything outside of their understanding. Its hard not to be a religoskeptic in every areas, so you tend to be open minded about the things you care about and let the rest take care of itself. I seek the truth, but I dont have to know every truth sort of things...sometimes you just want to eat a twinkie without knowing the ingredients

But each one is suggestive, and their totality constitutes (for me at least) proof. -cut- I think that's the problem we all face here in this realm. So many of us have pieces of the puzzle,

Yes, such things are compartmentalized to such an extent that the right finger barely knows about the existance of other fingers on the right hand, much less the hand itself and all the other parts.
Still, with enough people mapping out their experiences, a picture will continue to form. Just make sure when your revealing whatever it is, to seperate what the facts are from what your speculation is and that should keep your credibility.

Perhaps then we'll finally make some great leap forward...

Doubtful, but I like your optimism...ultimately the government simply denies what is being said and thats about it.

Perhaps only to begin the whole process over in pursuit of some new and even greater truth/knowledge...

in a few hundred years, someone from earth is going to be talking to someone from the Zetan empire about how he seen a dimensional rift traveller, and the other will label him as crazy (like the galactic federation would tell us about DRTs anyhow...the truth is out there!)

but I hesitate to state too much too early, outside of the context of what led me down that path, for fear of being too easily dismissed;

No worries mate, people will dismiss you the second you pop up...hell, some already dismissed you in the introduction thread and have gone full gear already to make sure everyone else will dismiss you. Welcome to ATS, full of nuts, idiots, geniuses, puppets, governmental spys, kids, capitalists, hippys, and everything in between. Just tell your story, listen to people, ignore some, and you will do fine.

In science it is a fool who makes a “conventionally“ outrageous claim without simultaneously backing it up with their evidence.
"John"

Indeed, and as facts are presented, as mentioned, be clear about what is fact and what is speculation from that fact. A scientist can speculate all day and night...he can put forth a small stone rock...identify it as a small stone rock, and suggest the rock was formed through volcanic eruptions millions of years earlier...then state he is speculating that the rock is actually a alien shoe because of the characteristics and that he would enjoy finding evidence to support that, but for now, its just a rock.
That scientist should have no backlash so long as there is a distinction between hard fact and pure speculation.

Some will of course take issue with that, but meh...who cares about them, their lack of ability to consider alternative ideas actually retards the scientific discoverys...like demanding no ship sails west because the speculation of earth being round is stupid.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Welcome to ATS John

What programs did you work on? What are your thoughts on the future of the Space program?

Just an FYI to everyone on here giving him crap about aliens and UFOS, NOT ALL NASA people know these things, give the guy a break!

Flag for you!

I think you're missing the point. We aren't bothered by his claims to have knowledge or his story about working for NASA. We are bothered by the way he handled the whole thing. He came in and left us with a cliffhanger because he needs to be more comfortably before he says anything. It would have been more responsible to hold off all posts until he could actually talk. I know even YOU agree that it would have been much nicer to read if the information was presented up front.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by dangeresque]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
Even though his intro was well-written and his intentions (and identity) may be genuine, why the cliff-hanger approach? Why not just come on here when you're ready to talk/type? Why all the sensationalism?

I think the cautious approach speaks about his credibility moreso than if his first intro post was about working with strange materials and all sorts of attention seeking stuff. hard to sum up 20 years of puzzlebuilding into a single post and sound anything less than insane, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dangeresque
He came in and left us with a cliffhanger because he needs to be more comfortably before he says anything. It would have been more responsible to hold off all posts until he could actually talk.

heh, I love the immediate gratification society we have here.

Waiting a half day or so is too much, I need all info now to pass judgement and go on with life.

The introduction thread is for someone to introduce themselves, not reveal all of lifes mysterys. The guy has to make his 20 first off, then start a thread if he so chooses.

He came here and in the first post basically said he is a ex nasa employee that feels the need to start revealing his stuff...hense why he joined ATS...how is that a cliffhanger? If anything, you might want to poke him to start replying to some threads so he can get his thread up and running, not simply demand he start answering here.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Hi Asto! Welcome to ATS.
I look forward to reading your future post. Might you wet our appetites’ with a glimmer of what is to come? UFO’s, Aliens, exotic propulsion, New physics?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Have some of you posters ever consider the possibility that he may be genuine?

Why so quick to criticize him. Why not hold out and see if he is for real? We have had several people come on ATS just like him and they turn out to be genuine.

So please reserve your judgements.

I understand that there have been many hoaxes and trolls in the past, but a few genuine people came through. Let's not scare them off.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by reject

I am the "Dr. House" of ATS, lol.

Umm no.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Saturn, well said in both of your posts and that's the exact same thing that I was alluding to earlier myself. And of course, I got blasted as well. Why have a website dedicated to conpiracy if said site doesn't allow for conspiracy!!

The term "pseudoskeptic" as you so eloquently put it, is exactly right! And hilarious as well... Regardless, in my humble opinion, the "pseudoskeptic" that rambles off about why and how a thread is incorrect and then gives THEIR version of reality is no different than the very post they are arguing against. Their reply is there so people will read their version and accept their version of the truth and for their own self-gratification.

In reality, what IS truth?.... We should exist on this very website to put X thread together with X thread and find a medium point that MAY contain a bit more of the truth than we get in the mainstream. We shouldn't be here bashing one another and saying that OUR version is the only version and that a poster can't possibly be real because it doesn't the version of reality that you see. THAT is why I joined ATS.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I am gonna take the high road and just plain welcome you. Unfortunately the nature of this place is one of distrust so any claims outside the box will be questioned and sdly in some cases ridiculed or met with arrogance that they claim you have. You'll get used to it.

The way I see it is I know I can't derive your legitimacy based on one post so I remain unaffiliated. If you are a fake then obviously you only have yourself to deal with but if you are legit (and a good portion of me is thinking you may be) then my goodness I welcome you with open arms.

On a personal note I know how difficult it is to explain who you are or about your past. I have one item regarding my past job that when I brought it up here met enormous disbelief and ridicule. Now I have stepped back and allowed some people I trust to ask me questions and can happily say it has met with their acceptance and approval. It takes time John believe me but if you just slow up and follow the same line of answering people's questions then your knowledge will show and even the harshest of critics may ease up

Good luck and welcome to ATS...it can be a bumpy ride sometimes

Also...on a side note...what the heck does a NASA retiree sound like anyway?

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

IF (capitalized on purpose) you have had an experience, whether secretive job, psychic or close-encounter UFO experience, and you require some sense of how your audience might accept or deny that info, you don't just start blabbing. That is true across society, formal and informal.

You carefully approach your audience, and this is not a one-on-one affair here. So you gauge what percentage of responders will give you a benefit of a doubt and what part will trash you. If you have read the responses, you will see that some trolls have trashed the guy aleady for no apparent reason. (Perhaps there is a purpose in that, in their contract?)

We have plenty of thread starters--and I must admit, this has GOT to be a thread and not just an "introduction"--that flame out and/or get cold feet after the initial attempt or two. So, let them self-destruct. Let this guy prove himself genuine or not. There are plenty of informed readers on these lists to quickly smoke out the phonies. Give him time.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Also...on a side note...what the heck does a NASA retiree sound like anyway?
-Kyo

Grumpy...and with a southern twang

For reference

[edit on 15-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join