It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN is Coming for your Guns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That's ok. I ain't afraid of dyin' for my family if that would actually be the case. But I really don't think it will happen. That said, I am well prepared.
U.S. veteran.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silveressa

Well that might be the scenario for a some people but the word will get out I don't care if they jam telepathy some of thier ranks will see to it the word gets out and then teams will lie in wait for them or take the fight to them.

Also anyone who has thought this through will not have lots of weapons on hand for them to confiscate but will have caches at multiple locations for later use and will not have doors and windows easily breached and counter measures for just such occasions.

They do not have the logistics and manpower to control the whole of the USA and they know it. They could control a few cities at best.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

It really doesn't matter if the issue is "out of their hands" since their hands are not the hands of the people. They cannot legally sign away the rights of the people, their signature has no weight, no power, except those granted by the people and their states. And the people of the states have no intention of giving up their sovereignty.

The sad and horrible part of this is that so many are uneducated in the real facts of the country's founding laws, that they will allow the government to do as it pleases all the while believing that they (the people) are powerless to stop it.

If the government makes an illegal law, it is the right of the people and the states to refuse it. It is also the duty of the people and the states to hold responsible any individuals who willfully committed this treasonous act.

That's why I don't understand why everyone is so worried about the passing of the "health care" bill. The bill is a farce, those people know they are about to be replaced, if they pass it, we trash it. It's our duty as sovereign citizens.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by SheaWolf]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Posse Commitatus applies to active duty Federal Military. It does not apply to State National Gaurd units acting in a Law Enforcement Capacity.

Either way, I think we've beat this thread to death. The U.N. is just as corrupt as most governments on this planet. Its the job of the people to mind their own affairs, and the complacency of the same group that allows travesties to take place.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashar

Originally posted by scubagravy
Bahaha, i have to laugh at the current replies to this thread.

Australia's guns were taken because of a staged one man massacre.

As sad as it is my American friends, your guns will be taken from you,............(not from my cold dead hands ) i hear some say...... Wake up!

How you going to stop them, done a great job so far....

Im not american.
BUt i think america is diffrent kettle of fish than australia ,They have 52 states /armys in a way, some are pro gun,and lots of militia groups about.
Austrailia was like a british colony, america loves beating the brits they did it before think it was cornwalley.
I think it will get interesting in the USA the last stand before world tyranny,
Makes me think of all the school shootings now you say a staged shooting happened in austrailia the purpose may be to alter mass public views on gun ownership

Actually Australia was originally set up as a British PRISON colony. And its funny how Australia subjects are on this forum defending its tyrannical policies such as no freedom of speech, firearm ownership, and internet freedoms. The Fed has no interest in collecting firearms, they'll snuff out the ammo industry through the back door. And all it takes is for the Fed to revoke the ammo industry's license to produce. So when we see that happening on a national level is when we should panic.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

They are afraid...

I used to live on the left coast and was raised to call police (then 911 after that was created) when there was an issue.

That has it's place, but not where we're headed.

...I also never cared much for "Girls With Guns" Videos... Until Now...

Love the 50 cal. ... and the Thompson with the drum clip... I didn't see any AA12 =\

Ironic how things and people change. Enjoy.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 3·16·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
America used to be envied(SP) for its freedom and constitution,now with the backing of people like Soros(the communist faction of the world) it is being attacked by the waiters and the watchers or the TPTB if you prefer.

They see us asleep and weak,they have all but destoryed our economy with ther infiltraters into every part of our governmemt over the years.Do you think after spending Trillions to get where "they" are now that they are going to let a few Tea partys stop them,put yourself in there position and think about it.

Gun control is the last piece of the puzzle to eliminate freedom in the world as we Americans know it.The rest of the world seems to have no problem putting a ring in there nose.

No doubt a large percent of the talkers will give up easly but I think the majority will stand and deliver only because they can't imagine any other way of life.Try and tell a Muslim they better become a Christian or else and see the reaction you get,I only hope we as Americans are as resolve in our beliefs .

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A treaty ratified by the US senate has the force of federal law but that still does not override or supersede the Constitution.

Fact is the U.S. Supreme Court is ruling in favor of gun rights. Current Supreme court law is that gun rights are an INDIVIDUAL right.

Secondly there are estimated to be over 80 million gun owners in this country. Attempting to collect all of them would be a logistical nightmare.

And yes even President Obama has stated that be recognizes gun rights are an individual right so settle down people.

"Q: You said recently, “I have no intention of taking away folks’ guns.” But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you’ve said that it’s constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?

A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it’s important for us to recognize that we’ve got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally.

And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families.

We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets.

And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill.

We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people’s traditions."

Politico Interview February 11, 2008

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Let's change the title of this thread to "the UN is going to get shot for being morons".

I like that better. it's more factual.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Last year, there were 14 million registered hunters in the United States. That's more than all the standing armies of the world. Come and get it.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
Bahaha, i have to laugh at the current replies to this thread.

Australia's guns were taken because of a staged one man massacre.

As sad as it is my American friends, your guns will be taken from you,............(not from my cold dead hands ) i hear some say...... Wake up!

How you going to stop them, done a great job so far....

It's because we have real one man massacres almost monthly, and the general verdict is "Jesus, I wish I would've been there to help those defensless people with MY gun."

Seriously, though, we haven't lost our guns yet, and never will, because it scares the s#!$ out of anyone who merely fancies the notion.

Hell, if they took our guns, we'd just find a way to make a new one.
What they will get from us, is our ammo....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I say, look at the standpoint from which the 2nd amendment was originally created. The whole idea was that it would allow for civilians to defeat a federal army if a tyrannical government was ever to rear its ugly head.

So, what does this mean in modern day terms? Basically, citizens should have access to weapons as good if not better than the U.S. armed forces. In effect, I'm all for unrestricted civilian ownership of fully-automatic small arms.

Is this a bit ridiculous?
Yes, a tad.
But, it was the original intent of the founders.

One thing some people probably don't realize, is that all treaties have to go through the U.S. senate. This "treaty" wouldn't make it through, ever.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PhilLong84

Just wanted to point something out, but the Supreme Court doesn't make laws. They set precedent for future Supreme Court cases. Precedent, might I add, that they regularly disregard.

Otherwise, nice post.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The UN has been after our guns for years. with obama in office and his cronies in congress they push everything regardless of what we do or don't want. One person should not have that much power to be able to
have that much sway over so many. We are a republic our founding fathers agreed on the second amendment. Read it know it and push our leaders (cough cough) to stand by it. But read the whole amendment, as even cops try to tell us the second amendment is for hunting only.
They did here with my son.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
So we have a Canadian, a Brit, and an Australian telling Americans they won't stand up against gun confiscation. Please fellows we aren't a bunch of pussies who have allowed gun confiscation such as your countries.

In my state of Idaho I can buy any gun or rifle I want from any individual with no paperwork and no questions asked.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by hawkiye]

I live in the same state and i buy guns all the time from private sales and gun shows.... and i like no questions...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
When the time ever comes that America is on the verge of being disarmed, I just really hope that all the talkers become walkers as well and do fight to the death whoever it is doing the disarming. One of the biggest problems that face our country is that Americans are the BEST at running their mouths and not so good at actually doing anything about anything. We'll see. Keep them barrels clean and chambers loaded fellas.

Are gun laws worth fighting a war over? Abso-friggin-lutely

not a problem for me and those in our group here to walk that walk... and not one of us would have a regret... it is our land and those are our rights...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Not all articles of the Constitution were incorporated to include states. Articles III (Freedom from quartering of soldiers) and VII (Right to jury trial in civil cases) have not been incorporated to include all states.

Many cities ban guns, and one Chicago resident objected to that, resulting in the current Supreme court case to determine if the 2nd Amendment was incorporated or not.

en.wikipedia.org...

Amendment II
Right to keep and bear arms

This amendment was briefly incorporated against the states within the jurisdiction of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals from April to September, 2009. It was subsequently vacated and was granted a rehearing en banc. Also, the amendment has recently been held to not be incorporated against the states within the jurisdiction of the Second and Seventh Circuit Courts of Appeals[18]. Such a situation is termed a circuit split, and it can have a major influence on the acceptance of certiorari by the Supreme Court. On September 30, 2009, the Supreme Court granted certiorari to McDonald v. Chicago, a case in which the Seventh Circuit ruled against incorporation.
Regarding the Second Amendment and the incorporation doctrine, the Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller said (in a footnote):
With respect to Cruikshank's continuing validity on incorporation, a question not presented by this case, we note that Cruikshank also said that the first amendment did not apply against the states and did not engage in the sort of Fourteenth Amendment inquiry required by our later cases. Our later decisions in Presser v. Illinois, 116 U.S. 252, 265 (1886) and Miller v. Texas, 153 U.S. 535, 538 (1894), reaffirmed that the Second Amendment applies only to the Federal Government.

The Cruikshank case held that states could violate the 1st Amendment right to freedom of assembly, the 2nd Amendment right to arms and the 15th Amendment right to vote without the possibility of Federal oversight. The Cruikshank case arose from events now known as the Colfax Massacre, in which blacks trying to vote in Louisiana in 1873 were systematically disarmed and then subjected to three days of arson, riot, rape and murder with over 100 dead before Federal troops moved in to restore order.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

sorry to say but there is only two document that apply to us American citizens.
you know what they are one them we are not to sign treaty with foreign country's that does not coinside with our constitution or bill of rights. all i can say is watch the news shtf the south will not stand for blue hats running around our streets and neighborhoods, they tried to pull that crap during katrina and got away with it but it won't happen again. plus Lord have mercy on the people that turn out to be traders of this great country, they will be made an example of nothing i hate more than treasonus act on your fellow country men.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The cops are not going to collect our guns because they will never feel safe after doing it. we can remove them from there jobs with a vote.
The military would never do it because they would be fighting veterans who know as many tricks of combat as they do.

The politicians have to get elected and just as easily can be recalled from office.
They also can be arrested and tried in court by there replacements for violating the constitution.

The UN sending in troops, Now that is a invasion by a foreign power and is covered by the constitution.

No where in the United States Constitution does it give any elected official the power to surrender the US to any foreign power.
That means any official that does is committing treason and loses any official power then and there, And the people of the US do not have to follow any surrender as its not legal or binding.

As for me giving up my guns to the UN,
They will have to come and collect them.
And guns will be the least of there worries.
Over 40 years as a blaster will give you a idea of what they would be up against. most of the terrorist today only have couple years experience at making IEDs.
You think IEDs in Iraq are bad you have not seen anything yet.

Now what countries troops think they can come into the US and take our guns and live to get home.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The disarming of the populace is absolutely necessary if the One World Govt is to control the masses and institute its rule.

In my opinion, from what I have read, Australia is the guinea pig. The traitor John Howard sold out the Australian people back in the 90's to make us ready. There are many here though who buried their arms ready for the time they try to enforce their rule. This is a problem..

The other problem the NWO has with America specifically is the American people have the right to bear arms written into the constitution..so even if they were to somehow write this out of the constitution, there are many more people there who will also bury their arms...

Its really quite a dilemna...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join