It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN is Coming for your Guns

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Maybe people need to be rational, it might just help.

Some ditsy Aussie bimbo wants to take your guns away and you think she is really going to succeed?

We got a good rule against that sort of stupidity, it's called the 2nd Amendment.

No one is going to take your precious guns from you.

Hell in the past year you got more gun rights back.

Given the facts, it's pretty easy to see the people that you probably shouldn't trust with a firearm. They are the ones that tend to oil their guns like they are masturbating with them.

Like I have said before, I certainly am not the one that wants to take anyones gun away form them. I have a firm belief in the 2nd Amendment. But I am also one to see where a hollow threat is made and when to laugh at some Aussie bimbo who thinks she is going to change one of the fundamental parts of the United States.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by slitterpig
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for the reply maybe that will lower some blood pressure, and slow the testosterone flow.

I think there's some legal mumbojumbo that U.N. legislation is above our nations laws... making the Constitution irrelevant.
I'm not absolutely sure about this. But this could be the back door to making this "legal".

Your welcome..

Lol not entirely sure how the U.N. could claim victory, aside from flashing the big V for victory sign. They can think what they want in terms of the useless resolutions they pass, since everyone else decides if they want to abide by it. If the U.N. gets close enough to do this, the fine men and women of the NY Boy/Girl scout troops will be able to hold the line at One United Nations Plaza.

Besides, if they did, and for some stupid reason another country attempted to enforce it, it would make the days of charlegmane look like a cake walk. If anyone disagrees with that, I would urge you to look up Admiral Yamamoto's thoughts about an attack on this country.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by kozmo

Thats all talk Kozmo, and you know it!

Americans are typically known for over exagerating, the replies to this thread lend fruition to that remark.

But exactly how would you know what someone will or won't do over here in the U.S.?

And what did you do when they took yours?

Throw another shrimp on the barbie and let us deal with it ...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

en.wikipedia.org...

They keep pushing the dates back for forced registry of gun owners previous to the Liberal Bill. I know many gun owners who have more guns than the original bill allowed, and many who've purchased guns without a need for registry. If it's legal or not I'm not so sure, but the push to keep registry out for non-restricted firearms is still being done. Basically because as Harper put it a few years ago, the whole thing is a waste of time, effort and money. As of today, the Conservatives don't enforce the law in full.

One thing I do know though, is that smuggled guns spiked massively when the bill was first introduced, and continues today. That's a taste of what could happen if there were a gun ban imposed. Just expect it to be many scales worse than a few smuggled guns for the hunters.

Again I state, there are many cowards who would do anything they were told, but just as many people who would just as soon take up arms and fight if they felt like their rights were violated enough.

This sentiment gets more extreme the further north you go, where Johnny Law isn't as strict and people do almost whatever they want. Only difference there is the population is thinner than the southern edge, where most of the people who submit are located.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't know what the stats are, but I'm guessing that most of the gun owners here in the U.S.[at least out west here] don't have licenses for their guns. How would they take something away from me if they don't know I have it? Going door to door blindly searching?

They would have to be smarter and more cunning then me to be able to take my guns, assuming I had any, and I just don't see that happening. These are bureacrats with no calluses on their hands, no scars or pressure lines on their on their face because of a hard working, pressure filled life. They are delusional pencil pushers who have no clue what a beaten dog does when it's backed into a corner.

Now, I really can't see people in the south giving up their guns. Think about it. Aint gonna happen. Too many rebels over there. And out west here? forget about it. There are so many old timers out here still with the wild west mentality, teaching it to their kids, that these people from the U.N., London, or wherever, don't stand a chance in hell out here.

They can send anyone out here they want to to do their dirty work for them, but we'll know they're coming before they even get here. The land out here from Texas to Idaho is so sparse, rugged, and hard to navigate sometimes, that if you don't know the lay of the land, you'll have no clue whatsoever as to where to start lookin for firearms.

Firearms? What firearms sir? We turned ours in to the proper authorities last week. Paperwork proving it? Why no sir, it was Sunday after hours, they were closed, we just left them on the other side of the fence on their secured property! Come in and check our house if you don't believe me.

They will never, ever take our firearms. I guarentee it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
The UN doesnt have an Army, because it doesnt need one ... par se. Any enforcement by the UN on US soil will be by US troops.

If a gun ban comes into force in the US, YOU will give up your guns or you will be a criminal. You may not give them up at first, but given time you will. The constitution would be changed, so owning banned firearms would be a criminal offence.

All this ''from my cold dead hands'' is mostly just bravado from internet armchair warriors.

Enforcement of ANYTHING on US soil by US troops is a violation of posse comitatus first and foremost. 2nd to change the US constitution requires a new constitutional amendment which can be done in only 3 ways. The new amendment may be approved by two-thirds of both houses of Congress, then sent to the states for approval.
Two-thirds of the state legislatures may apply to Congress for a constitutional convention to consider amendments, which are then sent to the states for approval.
Congress may require ratification by special convention. The convention method has been used only once, to approve the 21st Amendment

As you see, voiding the 2nd amendment isn't quite as cut and dry as people on either side of the pond seem to think. And for the record, most of my friends would consider me a bleeding heart liberal for the most part but I'm much more pragmatic when it comes to my constitutional rights and as an ex member of the US Army's 10th mountain division and 3rd ranger bat. I can assure you, my hands will be very dead and very cold before they will get my guns.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Let's cut the BS talk and scare mongering.

NOONE is taking any arms away from the US people.
We have shown time and time again, that while we may get confused, or scared for a short while, we always help each other out.
The citizens will not take this, and have already spoken.
We know the government have become too powerful, and it will come to an end before you know it.
Fear not.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
first i doubt the government would want to take our guns away 80 million heavily armed citizens are a major deterrent against invasion also gun sales and manufacturing are very good for our economy even when times get tough we still buy guns also it would be political suicide for any politicians that supported it as someone else said.
second all this talk about us surrendering our guns is understandable i believe most would surrender them but even 1% of those 80 million fighting back is a rather nasty force In my town in North Dakota i could assure you it would get very ugly its a matter of pride here owning and learning how to use guns is part of our way of life My 10th birthday present from my father was a Remington 870 12 gauge (great gun by the way). The gun owners i know are very well armed AK-47s and Ar-15s are in most households here. Most of us have a lifetime of experience using these weapons and i assure you we would not give them up.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Bahaha, i have to laugh at the current replies to this thread.

Australia's guns were taken because of a staged one man massacre.

As sad as it is my American friends, your guns will be taken from you,............(not from my cold dead hands ) i hear some say...... Wake up!

How you going to stop them, done a great job so far....

Not only Australia.

UK as well...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

Thats all talk Kozmo, and you know it!

Americans are typically known for over exagerating, the replies to this thread lend fruition to that remark.

I gotta disagree with you here, there is a change happening in many in this country. People are starting to hold more tightly to principle, becoming frugal, and there seems to be an emergence of morality. I do think people will fight back. I personally don't know what I would do in that situation. I am armed heavily enough to put up a fight but not to win. If you were to let them have your guns, you are basically going to be grabbing your ankles for the rest of your life while anyone with arms(governement/criminals same thing really) will have their way with you.

I would surely prefer a quick death defending my life and property from government sanctioned thugs than the destitute living that would surely follow. I know, it's easier said than done, but things like this get most firearms owners blood boiling.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

After ruffling the amount of feathers i did yesterday afternoon with my comments pertaining to this thread, i did a bit of thinking last night.

Im thinking that perhaps the government wont take your guns from you because when you get flanked by some country your currently invading (pick any from the many)
that the people with the guns in America will be the last line of defence.

So infact you may keep your guns and you very well may die for your country.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Originally posted by itguysrule
reply to post by v3_exceed

Apparently some of you Canadians and Australians would rather "lube up" than fight for what you believe in. I guess that is one way to live your life. I can't speak to what happened in New Orleans because I wasn't there and I don't trust the media to tell anything remotely like the truth.

It wasn't media, it was you tube. Amateurs uploading their own footage. So no mainstream footage. That was "Americans" taking guns from "Americans" by the way.

Originally posted by itguysrule
I will say this - I may be only one man but I WILL shoot at whoever tries to take my guns. I don't care if they are my neighbors or fellow citizens they will have become my enemy. Believe what I say or laugh me off as a crazy. It doesn't matter what you think.

Actually it does matter what I think, since you are commenting on my post.
Canada has already gone the route of confiscating guns, the central registry has already cost over a billion dollars and it doesn't work. They are currently in the process of repealing the long gun registry so most new shotgun and long gun purchases will be off the books. In short, we are not "lubing up". As an American, you can look back on the Branch Dividian situation (Waco Texas) to remind us what happens when you stand up to the ATF.

..Ex

The ATF got their asses handed to them in a can by a bunch of armed homesteaders.
Said ATF and had to go crying to the FBI and national guard for a small army to storm the compound.
The Davidians went down fighting, which is more than can be said for some others...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Everyone who has guns should have at least one throw away (non recorded ownership) put away where it cannot be found. Plenty of ammo, clips and save all spent brass with tools and powder for remaking bullets. Some people called them bug out bags. I suggest a small section of sewer pipe threaded at both ends with caps buried somewhere that you can get to if SHTF. This location should not be in viewing so that you may retreave your stash later. That way if they do come for your weapons you have at least one stashed with all that you need to keep it well armed.

I hate to see this day ever happen in America but one should be like a boy scout.....

Prepared....

Just my thoughts on this thread SnF and thanks for the post Sean as it may help some readers to consider the possible future and prepare for it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Let them come!

First I will gladly give them my ammo - one round at a time. Once that is gone, then they may be able to take my guns.

Its funny how tough people can talk before something goes down, I wonder if you could imagine 200 trained SWAT officers with NVG's, automatic weapons, flash grenades and a team of snipers coming at you ?

I would just hand over what they want and move on, realistically the idea that your own arsenal can protect you from an army of trained killers is deluded in the extreme.

Your guns cannot in any way shape or form protect you from the authorities, don't believe me ? ask David Koresh how it worked for him or Randy Weaver and even Ed and Elaine Brown for that matter, I would strongly suggest to you to just comply with the laws no matter how unjust you perceive them or else lose your liberty or even your life.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
Let me play out that scenario for you.

* Officials show up at my door, and knock politely.

* I answer the door, and ask what I can do for them.

* Official says, "sorry sir, gotta take your guns."

* I say, " Ok, hold on a minute."

* I come back with my favorite gun and dump a mag in this guy, and hopefully his buddies behind him.

* Where it goes from here is anyone's guess, but I promise you it would not include my handing over my weapons. If you doubt me, you're sorely diluted.

An interesting scenario I admit, but sadly i very much doubt it would go down so calmly. (Why would the goon squad be so timid and polite?)

Assuming for a minute they did have some kind of "police force" of Black Water Mercs or what have you working for them and decided to go door to door collecting firearms more then likely it would go down one of two ways (depending on your potential criminal record/they think you may be violent)

Such as something like this (for people they believe to be potentially violent or in possession of "A inappropriate amount of firearms and ammo":

*Armor clad soldiers breech door with optional additional flash-bang while second team makes simultaneous entry through the rear door (if applicable and or possibly windows if you are known to own several weapons, especially full auto ones)

*Before you have a chance to even process what's going on, you have several high power weapons trained on you and possibly thrown face down on the floor while they ran sack your house for any registered/suspected firearms before leaving with them.

OR perhaps assuming you're someone they consider a "minimal threat" or "average couch potato wage slave:"

* Official shows up at your door, and knocks politely. (With armed military members flanking him "just in case" and possibly with a back up team in position at rear door or windows "just in case."

* You answer the door, and ask what you can do for them.

* Official says, "sorry sir, gotta take your guns."

* You say, " Ok, hold on a minute."

*They say "Step aside sir and tell us the locations of your firearms" *Firmly and quickly forcing their way inside the door, with a obviously armed soldiers/officials ready to restrain you if need be.

*They confiscate your firearms, and depending on if you resisted at all, you/your family as well.

Likely to ever actually happen? I seriously doubt it given we have most of our soldiers tied up over seas and many other reasons which have already been stated.

Still if it were they would very likely not be kind or at all "friendly" about it and come for the weapons in force at a time when most people would be caught unawares. (2/3amish?) and do a massive simultaneous "Multi-block/multi-home" swat team style entrance over a sectioned area rather then risk their lives going door to door one at a time in broad daylight.)

There's also every chance they would disable internet/phone service in the area as well before hand to prevent the word "getting out" from those they just ransacked,

Although a "smart government" (insert preferred oxymoron joke here) would quietly and discreetly enter peoples homes while they were at work and take what firearms they could find, and if need be call you at work or, wait for you to return home to ask you (impolitely) where they are stored. (detaining family members before hand if need be for "leverage."

Chances are many Americans wouldn't even realize their guns were missing for quite some time. (Especially if they keep them in a out of sight area)

Still though interesting thread, a worthy read.

(Oh and for clarification Treemanx I wasn't disagreeing with your decision/ability to fight back, (I'm not about to give up my firearms without a fight either, if possible) but merely pointing out it will likely go down far less calmly and without so much opportunity for a "first strike" as your scenario made out.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Silveressa]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The U.N. Couldn't take my nuts if they had 10 guns. C'mon folks, no need to turn on masculine overdrive here, it's an empty threat from an empty force. If the NWO didn't want us having guns they'd just destabilize the ammunition supply, they're a little smarter than just trying to barge in and grab loaded firearms.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silveressa

Very astute post.

That's a much more realistic scenario than the one previously presented by the poster you're replying to.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I dare them to try . . . not just with me, but with millions of other Americans as well.

Not only do we own guns, but we know how to use them.

You know it, baby. I'll hand over my ammo first, in three round bursts. Then they can have my guns, if either one of us is still standing.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

After ruffling the amount of feathers i did yesterday afternoon with my comments pertaining to this thread, i did a bit of thinking last night.

Im thinking that perhaps the government wont take your guns from you because when you get flanked by some country your currently invading (pick any from the many)
that the people with the guns in America will be the last line of defence.

So infact you may keep your guns and you very well may die for your country.

There was indeed a country that tried that at one time. It was the British Government (and what happened to them when regular people stood up and said they were tired of being bent over the proverbial barrel?). And which country are you referring to that would have the brass to try and openly invade the USA? I don't think a single country in this world has enough gall to try and invade this country. Have you ever read any of the quotes by Admiral Yamamoto of the Japanese Navy?

"Gentlemen, we have just kicked a rabid dog."

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

This man knew it to be impossible to invade this country with roughly 30% of the populous armed to the teeth. The USA is indeed a sleeping dog. However, don't discredit the resolve of this nation. The people are what makes it up, not our corrupt government, not our corrupt businessmen, but the working class. The 9-5ers, the ones that, if the demand were there, would take up arms against ANY invader. There will be a time when we will have to brush off the cobwebs and get ready for another conflict, but I guarantee you that we will stand against any invader, regardless of the odds, and there will be much bloodshed before we would go down.

The only thing that I see in your poorly formulated words and posts is yet another troll. You are not a very good representative of your country, and I only hope that others from your country don't have the blatantly disgusting attitude that you have toward the citizens of my country.

You might be okay with your rights being stripped away left and right, but I assure you that the American People are not, and many of us would gladly give our lives defending the last bastion of true freedom that this world has, as hopeless as our cause might seem.

And as far as the UN taking away gun rights?

I think this video serves as another wake up call to those of us who are gun owners and who do support and respect the 2nd Amendment. However, it's just another scare tactic. Do not fear my fellow Americans, both North AND South. We are safe for the time being.

When push comes to shove, the American Citizens (not subjects) will be the last to follow suit in an NWO plot.

So yeah, thank you scubagravy for once again proving to me that humanity as a whole is sick, and that something as simple as national borders can divide us as a race and people. We are all the same on the inside. We all bleed the same color blood. Until we all begin to realize that, we're all screwed.

But at least I'll have my gun in case I need it.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The day comes where there are little blue helmets or any helmets walking down my street intent upon taking what is mine... will be the day I consider that bunch an enemy and i will lay little blue helmets in the gutters...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join