It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandmother just found a Freemason Ring. Please look.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by MikeNice81

Get real, stop being so dramatic.

"Oh, the cops can come take it from you, you criminal. What a scoundrel you are, not trying to give it back to the first person who guesses what it is in the newspaper ad. You're going to hell! You're going to hell!"

Someone lost their ring, not a big deal. If I lose an item on the street, I expect it to be gone, no exceptions.

You know, your demeanor is disturbing. You and other folks claim it "probably came from a honest, dosh-garn good mason", and that he should try to return it. Then you get on, alluding to the fact that "the police can come get you" (oogity boogity), as if you are actually trying to threaten this man in the name of the Masons.

What a joke.

Your comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. I never threatened him in the name of the Masons. I said that if a person is in possession of another's property and demands a ransom for the return of said property it is extortion. Which it is by law. It is a crime punishable in criminal courts.

I never said he was going to hell. I said if his grand mother found some one else's property and he tries to profit off of it he is in the wrong. To me it speaks of very low moral character. He should try to return it to the rightful owner because it is the right thing to do. Trying to sell another person's property or ransom said property is the equivalent of theft.

Like I said early in the thread he should run an ad on Craig's List and in the paper. If the owner doesn't come forward it is fair game. At least give the owner time to claim it. If nobody comes forward in two or three weeks then consider it salvage. Sell it and take a commission. The rest should go to the person that found the ring.

Now as somebody else mentioned maybe he should call the local lodge. If somebody can prove ownership through a valid description then he should turn it over.

You know that whole "do unto others" thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
How much would you reckon these things weigh, masons?

And how much would it be worth?

Would I get more money for returning it to a lodge, or to a jeweler?

First pic is a pic of the inscription.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Revolution-2012]

We wont buy it from you....we will send in our special team of Killer Ninja Shriner Clowns to take it while your sleeping!!!

The ring is out of 10k gold. It will only be sold at a jeweler for junk value.
Maybe 75-100 bucks. Maybe.

the value isnt in the gold. The value is to the brother that has likely passed or his family. 10k is about as long wearing a gold as there is. That ring was likely worn the entire lifetime of the brother.

If it was found outside somewhere, put an add in the paper locally or post signs. Make the contact info a NEW email with no personal info. Have them describe the ring. You could contact a local lodge and see if anyone is in the market for a ring. If you were in the Dallas area, I might be.

On the other hand, why not come find out what we're about? That ring has been around a long time. The brother it belonged to would be proud to see it on the finger of a newly minted Mason!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

So, how much are you going to pay us in order to offer you advice?

Since we're being scoundrels and looking to profit off others?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
meow meow meow meow

disregard this post. in its place take this photo of a hippo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2892b3fcbee.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Doc Tesla]

Either you are indeed an old school usetnetter from a bygone era, or you're uncanny meowing is truly uncanny !!

oO

meow!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
OP...have you not ever had something that was very precious to you that has been passed onto you by a family member?

The answer could very well be that you have not...but please consider that this is a object that is priceless to the owner.

My grandmother passed on one thing to be at her death. It was a ring, and it is a beautiful unique piece of art. I get comments on it all the time and I know there are some fancy older ladies that have offered much money for the ring I have and there isnt even a precious stone in it....its not even gold!! Its just that beautiful due to the art work.

But the ring....to me....is precious and priceless. Its all I have of my grandmothers. If I lost it...part of me would die. She died of cancer and had to fight the battle for a forth of her lifetime.

OP....you are stereotyping Masons as if you know them...its obvious that you dont. A great friend of mine (adopted family, so more of a brother of mine)....is a Mason. He is a Mason through family. His father is a auto mechanic...he is the same. They are not rich. My friend just got first ring about a year ago....he had to really pinch tightly to get the ring...mechanics pay is not over joyous by any means. He is a heard worker, lives in a apartment right now, just went through a sad sad divorce....life hits him hard just like it does every one else in the world. Being a mason has not made him or his dad rich people and being a mason does not mean you are from a certain family with financial ties. It is possible you are living in an area that you see how much financial influence the masons may have on your city....but I guarantee you...the majority of masons are just regular fold trying to make it in this world.

You have to face yourself one day....and you will not be able to justify such choices that you are making in this thread....such as making money off of something your grandmother found.

I would of hoped that you being a fellow ATSer and all...that you would of shined a better reputation for ATS then what you have here....hopefully people know that just like Masons...ATS has their bad apples too.

Its in you to do the right thing...even if this would be someone that you wouldnt like in life....be the example of sowing good seeds.

We have a lot of younger crowds coming to ATS here lately. I hope they are at least smart enough to see the ignorance in such actions.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You might as well keep it, or take it to the police, because if you think you are going to get a lot of money for it, you are in for a big surprise.

A pawn shop won't touch it...anything "found" to them is just as good as being stolen, so they won't touch it.

Selling it privately...maybe $20. It's only 10K gold, which is the lowest quality gold you can get. A jeweler would maybe give you $20 for it, but probably more like $10.

Do the right thing and either post an add in the newspaper's lost and found section (found postings are usually free), or take it to the police and tell them where you found it...someone might be looking at it, and although monetary wise it's not worth much, it might have a lot of sentimental value to the person that lost it.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Selfish? Unthoughtful? Mean? Cruel? Just a straight up asshole?

Yep. That's me.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Revolution-2012]

quoted for truth.

I have to go now and count my billions of dollars.

muhahahaha.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You, sir, are an ass hole.
I hope you lose something of sentimental value if you do decide to sell it for a couple of $$s.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I didn't read the whole thread but rings that look like that can be purchased on the streets of Baltimore for $5. It's exciting and I hope it's worth something though =)

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The "X" also identifies it as 10 K. With the "X" I think you are talking 1800's so it is likely somebody's heirloom. Is it valuable? No, not at all. The condition is terrible. It's worth the value of the metal it contains minus the cost of smelting to reclaim the gold. Too common to have any other value in that condition. It's not remarkable in any way. $30 if you could find a collector interested in something in that bad of condition. 5$ to $10 at a pawn shop and they will sell it to their metals dealer for a couple of dollars more.

$5,000

You were kidding right

Find the real owner. Give it to them. Be a man instead of a child. You are a child, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To all the haters;

Whether you're a mason or a moral-freak, I don't really care what your standpoint is, at all.

As previously stated, the Masons in this area do nothing for the community except generate themselves more money.

Here's an idea, maybe by this point you've realized I don't really care about what you think, or the morals behind it, so you'll all quit crying about how I should do the right thing.

As someone else stated, if I loose something, I expect it to be gone.

As far as extortion, hahaha, you're missing one vital part. I didn't steal this item, it was found, and a finders fee is in due.

But since all of you are adamant that it's not worth anything I will take it to a historical place, see what it may be worth, then after that I will contact the Masons via phone and tell them I have the ring, and I am asking for a large amount of money in CASH and it will be done with out ever meeting them in face, and be completely untraceable.

Extortion? Meh, maybe, but hey, if you memorialize yourself into a group of dooches, not my problem

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Greed is nothing to be proud of.

But you have made it clear you are not out to be a good person...thanks for pointing out you are no better then those looser masons you speak of.

Sounds like you would fit right in with them then. Must of been fate the ring found you.

You and Masons (your definition of them that is)=1nthe same.

Hope that all works out for ya!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

To all the haters;

Whether you're a mason or a moral-freak, I don't really care what your standpoint is, at all.

As previously stated, the Masons in this area do nothing for the community except generate themselves more money.

Friend, I hope it never comes down to this BUT, IF you ever have a child or loved one with a crippling disease, burn, or the like, I would be proud to sponsor them into one of our hospitals FREE OF CHARGE.

We dont give back to the "neighborhood"?

Obviously, you have never had to visit one of our facilities. You are fortunate.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
kinda funnie that people mention summs like 5-20 bucks when the rings sell at a rate of 600 and upwards if they are 10k gold

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

They can visit my loaded 12 guage.

=)

lol americans

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I'd be more than happy if you could point me to a location of which Mason's do this in my area, more than happy to return the ring.

However, I am completely unaware of any such thing, more so I am unaware they own an entire 4 block area in downtown, and make deals with ISPs to put up centers of satellite, cable, and other connections to ensure the fact that it's on their land, and they make money on it.

Hmmmm.........

I've got a hefty bill due to the hospital, and my teeth are crap, I have no insurance, and that's all in thanks to the government, whom of which in the government a good sum are the lovely Masons, Skull & Bones and the unmentioned latter.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by felonius

However, I am completely unaware of any such thing, more so I am unaware they own an entire 4 block area in downtown, and make deals with ISPs to put up centrifuges of satellite, cable, and other connections to ensure the fact that it's on their land, and they make money on it.

Centrifuge

n.
1.An apparatus consisting essentially of a compartment spun about a central axis to separate contained materials of different specific gravities, or to separate colloidal particles suspended in a liquid.
2.An apparatus in which humans or animals are enclosed and which is revolved to simulate the effects of acceleration in a spacecraft.

I guess you used the wrong word for the complex since you are unaware it exist.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

If you want to turn this into a # flinging contest, let me ask you this.

Have you ever slept in the dirt, went to social security, been denied of Section 8, and been told to screw off?

We're there any masonic lodges that offered me shelter? No, instead I was harassed by policemen who are masons and told to get off the street, and looked at as scum.

Bite me.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Actually I have been homeless. I spent the better part of sixteen months drifting from couch to couch. I slept on the floor of a friend's unfinished house and ate Raman for every meal. I was dead broke and suicidal. Yet, I picked myself up and kept fighting. I went on to get a college degree, get married, and start my own business.

I did it with out the help of a Mason lodge. However, I didn't let it make me bitter about some one else having more then me. I didn't start looking for others to blame. If the reason you are mad at Masons is because you had a rough life than you are an idiot. That is just like the person blaming their hard time on another race.

You don't seem to be listening though. Mason's are in those churches running the homeless shelters. Mason's don't run shelters out of the lodge. They do donate thousands of dollars and hours of time every year helping charities. You may not see it but that does not mean it doesn't exist.

They didn't come around and hold your hand though. So, I guess they are all just evil monsters trying to screw you.

Did the cops tell you they were Masons? How do you know they were Masons? Don't say all cops are Masons. That is just not true.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 14-3-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
THE RING!!!!

THE RING HAS FOUND YOU!!!!

IT IS CALLING YOU. IT IS YOUR DENSITY!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join