It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So anyone know if there was another sighting last night?

Still baffled that it has showed up the past 8 nights and there is no decent footage of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lake Erie has a history of UFO sightings...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

If this thing has been appearing every night, why haven't some investigators set up observation posts with theodolites separated by a wide parallax? They could easily establish its range and altitude and record it from two angles simultaneously, making it one of the best documented UFOs of all time. On the other hand, if it turns out to be a Coast Guard chopper over the lake, they'd probably feel pretty silly.

Some people already have aired their results of their investigations.

They get burried because they don't run with the torch of it being a UFO (alien craft).

A planet or star - a probability verging on certainty.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This isn't the first time that ufos have been spotted over Cleveland. Back in 2005, hundreds of people called into a Cleveland radio show to report what was believed to be multiple UFO sightings and a possible military response to the sightings. I believe quite a few people during this time also reported seeing some of the objects over Lake Erie and over Interstates 80 and 90. If I remember correctly, a lot of people also reported seeing hundreds of jet trails across the skies the next morning. People as far west as Fostoria, Ohio were reporting military convoys blocking the roads and having detours in place around where the vehicles where at.

Whatever it was that happened, we may never really know.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I did post this under "Cleveland Invaded" It would seem for a change many of the major news sources are reporting this. The guy who lives next door from me is from the UK, and he told me it has been reported on the BBC. I get the BBC on cable, but I have not seen this yet. To me thats a very good sign. Up untill today most major news outlets would'nt touch a story like this. The scale of this, meaning the number of people who now know about it is huge. News of this has gone around the world several times. This is so freaken amazing. I wonder if this kind of event, so well reported will be the catalyst that moves the bulk of humanity off it's high horse.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What the frack!?!? For all of you armchair "experts" out there, let me bring up some points of interest - as I LIVE IN CLEVELAND!

First of all, the lake is semi frozen with chunks of ice floating everywhere - stop telling people to just get in a boat and go film it - they'll die! That being said, there are NOT any other boats out there, save the occassional tanker or barge that is passing through much farther to the north than where these sighting are occuring. Also, much to the point, you cannot walk out on the ice to the area as the ice is fractured and VERY dangerous.

Next, March weather in Cleveland... typically around 40 degrees fahrenheit daytime and upper 20s nightime. Due to the freeze thaw cycle of the lake itself, visibility can be poor despite the weather as the lake will tend to have a lower temp than the surrounding air- a recipe for FOG! Lately, over the past week we have enjoyed unseasonably high temperatures in the mid 60s. This can create a very cruel micro-climate over the lake, again obstructing views.

Last night I drove to the lake (I'm in a southern suburb) and set up shop at the end of E224th St. - right on the lake! The weather was rainy, cold, overcast and visibility virtually nonexistent. I did not see a thing!

A final note... on Tuesday or Wednesday evening of this past week - I cannot remember EXACTLY which day because I didn't pay it proper mind as I was not yet aware of this news - at around 7PM 2 fighter jets went screaming overhead coming from the SSW heading NNE. Could not identify them as they were moving so fast but could see that they were twin engine with twin tail fins - burners were lit up bright blue! Altitude was less than 5,000 feet.

I remember the time because I was grilling outside due to the nice weather and that is typically when I cook dinner. We don't have any air bases nearby, save Wright Patterson, but that is the opposite corner of the state! I didn't make the connection until I heard about this on Friday. I'm wondering if maybe they were racing up there to check it out - the direction and time seem about right though. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good god, I'm sorry, but this is some HORRIBLE footage. People are making reports of "zipping around in the sky", yet, all we have is some shaky footage, that looks like it's
"zipping", due to the camera shaking. It has gone on for about 8 nights, and nobody can get a stabilized shot of it? If the people are so worried about zooming in on the shot, then get two cameras. One camera stabilized on a tripod, that is getting a wide shot of it, so we can witness these so called "zipping" effects and maneuvers. And then with the second camera, you can go all gung-ho, and get useless zoomed in shots, while you shake around all you want.

And then you have videos like this, where it's just laughable. The beginning shows a camera on a tripod, yet, the footage clearly isn't shot on a tripod. And then, at the end of the clip, the guys says, "I can't say what it is. I'm no astronomer, and have no expertise in this field, but what I can say, is that it isn't human". So you have no expertise, and also have no clue what it is, but you can already deduce that it isn't human?

Where are all the UFO hunters? Why haven't they traveled over to Ohio, to try and capture footage? This may be the most frustrating UFO sighting ever. Not only is it showing up consecutively, but it stays out there for hours at a time, although, nobody can capture a stable shot.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

8 nights in a row , and that's the best shots taken ?

8 nights in a row , and no one can set up a tri-pod?

This is a lousy light and lousy sighting.

Hahaha!

True, not only that but no one was able to put better cameras to capture those lights. This is indeed amazing.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The bizarre thing about no media coverage is Fox8 news is right on the lake, they could almost open a damn window to video tape the lake. They're that close, when I drove past it last night I was also flabbergasted as to how they haven't gotten a camera crew out to the lake to take some professional film of the episode. They're 10 minutes away from prime viewing area, TOPS.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

8 nights in a row , and that's the best shots taken ?

8 nights in a row , and no one can set up a tri-pod?

This is a lousy light and lousy sighting.

I said the same thing when someone else posted this last week. I mean come on, there should be better photos and videos if the same occurrence happens 8 nights in a row. Seriously what the hell is going on. There has to be at least one good photo or video of this thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
What the frack!?!? For all of you armchair "experts" out there, let me bring up some points of interest - as I LIVE IN CLEVELAND!

First of all, the lake is semi frozen with chunks of ice floating everywhere - stop telling people to just get in a boat and go film it - they'll die! That being said, there are NOT any other boats out there, save the occassional tanker or barge that is passing through much farther to the north than where these sighting are occuring. Also, much to the point, you cannot walk out on the ice to the area as the ice is fractured and VERY dangerous.

Next, March weather in Cleveland... typically around 40 degrees fahrenheit daytime and upper 20s nightime. Due to the freeze thaw cycle of the lake itself, visibility can be poor despite the weather as the lake will tend to have a lower temp than the surrounding air- a recipe for FOG! Lately, over the past week we have enjoyed unseasonably high temperatures in the mid 60s. This can create a very cruel micro-climate over the lake, again obstructing views.

Last night I drove to the lake (I'm in a southern suburb) and set up shop at the end of E224th St. - right on the lake! The weather was rainy, cold, overcast and visibility virtually nonexistent. I did not see a thing!

A final note... on Tuesday or Wednesday evening of this past week - I cannot remember EXACTLY which day because I didn't pay it proper mind as I was not yet aware of this news - at around 7PM 2 fighter jets went screaming overhead coming from the SSW heading NNE. Could not identify them as they were moving so fast but could see that they were twin engine with twin tail fins - burners were lit up bright blue! Altitude was less than 5,000 feet.

I remember the time because I was grilling outside due to the nice weather and that is typically when I cook dinner. We don't have any air bases nearby, save Wright Patterson, but that is the opposite corner of the state! I didn't make the connection until I heard about this on Friday. I'm wondering if maybe they were racing up there to check it out - the direction and time seem about right though. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

You sound very up set. Do you have any info in your local media? I would like to know. I think we all would. By the way, a plane using after burners would not look like what was seen for the last 11 days. You can only get s0
bloto

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

You should try again when the visibility is better.

Bring your tripod. I think one more shaky, hand held video will induse a seizure.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Blender]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to go look for this sighting. Maybe you could try again Monday night? Supposedly it will only be partly cloudy then.

I think it's very interesting that we now have an eye-witness account of two fighter jets -- my guess is F-18's, though they could also be F-15's or even F-22's -- scrambled in the direction of the UFO and at the time of the sightings, though it was too cloudy to tell anything else. All of the credible UFO accounts that I've ever read had government / military aircraft in their vicinity during the sighting or shortly after.

Also, to everybody who is complaining about the lack of evidence after 9 days of this sighting, please keep in mind that the guy who first presented the story to the news did so after 6 of those days had already passed, if my memory is correct. So that's only a few days of awareness for the media and anybody who wasn't a witness him/herself.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
are there still lights?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

I am glad someone is aware of whats flying around up in the nite sky.
So if this is the military thats fine but that still does not answer the many other simular sightings that occour in places where the military are never seen as much. I will leave it that but also wanted to add that it seemed very strange it was almost looked like a UFO take over even if it was a fighter plane ..... NSG52

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
so thers alot of talk and theres alot of people asking has there been anuy more lights... sp has there been any more lights ? ? ?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I'm afraid i have to say that there is nothing in the video footage to show that this is some type of craft from another planet.... i've seen lights flying towards me and then turn and head in another direction... always been planes or helicopters....

where's the proper definitive footage which should be available by now if people have been watching it for 7 or 8 days?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
Lake Erie has a history of UFO sightings...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coffinman thanks for linking the thread - heres that Government document from 1988:

US Coastguard Report - UFOs over Lake Erie, March, 1988.

Lake Erie, Ohio, March 4, 1988

This is a very interesting close encounter and one of FUFOR's top cases. And, this one may have a nuclear connection. A huge, gunmetal gray, football-shaped object that was rocking back and forth was first observed by five people. Then the object began moving; swinging one end toward the shore and descending. The witnesses became frightened, ran back to their car and fled. When they got home, the object was still visible from a window that faced the lake.

The object moved out over the ice and continued to descend, with red and blue lights now flashing in sequence along its lower edge. At one point triangular objects darted around the parent craft, then headed east toward the Perry nuclear power plant. One witness called the Eastlake police to report a UFO, and was finally referred to the Coast Guard. Coast Guard personnel saw the object and reported that it appeared to be landing on the lake.

Link

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaborn415
The bizarre thing about no media coverage is Fox8 news is right on the lake, they could almost open a damn window to video tape the lake. They're that close, when I drove past it last night I was also flabbergasted as to how they haven't gotten a camera crew out to the lake to take some professional film of the episode. They're 10 minutes away from prime viewing area, TOPS.

Bingo

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Get that hd cam and a laser pointer or other devices to communicate with this orb and see if it responds!
I wish I could go to Cleveland

How does one communicate with an orb using a laser pointer? Morse Code? Or do we just shine it in it's eye's and pray is doesn't get angry (CSETI Method).

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join