It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

G'day Bigfoot 73

For convenience, I'll post the report you linked to, below.

The commentary regarding the aircraft lights, etc... is interesting.

mufoncms.com...

Long Description of Sighting Report

On Tuesday March 9, Fox 8 News in Cleveland featured a report of an individual observing strange lights from his apartment window for the sixth consecutive night. The Euclid native reported the lights would start out bright and then gradually dim. As soon as the lights begin to dim, the object moves away. Since no official MUFON report had been filed, I drove to the area of the sightings on both March 11 and 12.

On March 11 the object was reportedly seen and disappeared before I arrived. On March 12 I choose a different location which provided a better view and saw a light matching the news report to the Northwest. The light was orange-white and about the size and intensity of Venus two-fingers above the horizon. The light was seen at least three times between 7:15pm and 7:48pm starting as a bright light, then dimming and in the first observation moving to the Southwest. The light was observed by not only myself but three other individuals. The light or should I say lights were observed by naked eye, video camera, and binoculars. Through binoculars not only was one light seen, but a second the same color and of lower intensity slightly above and to the right. A faint light was also seen fading in and out in the same area until 8:08pm.

There was light air traffic in the area and the two closest airports are Burke Lakefront Airport 10 miles to the Southwest and Cleveland-Hopkins Airport 18 miles to the Southwest. First thought is it may be an airplane circling over Lake Erie for an approach to Cleveland-Hopkins Airport and the bright light was the landing light. The sky was partially cloudy and the light could be dimming either by cloud cover or the plane disappearing in the distance. As we watched the light/s the emotions of the group were mixed.

Media is available and is a large file.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
You guys complaining about fuzzy videos.. How in hell can you take a clear shot of distant light in the night? It will always just be a blob of light unless you can get in closer which just isn't going to happen.

We live in the 21st century ffs!
When I notice a light that should not be there and shows up day after day, I can not take out my 40K euro camera, but I will make damn sure my neighbour will....!!!

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Sover3igN]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Look folks,this simply is not dang good enough.
A couple of years back,if there was some kind of event in a certain US state,there would be some ATS members on the scene,within days.

Here we have a potential UFO event(or a fake event/nasa project to be exposed),
And no ATS folks on the scene!!!

Come on brothers and sisters.
Who is near? Get down there,and document it !
Get some decent video/good stills!
Will it happen again tonight-get down there!

Absofrickenlutely ... a couple of members earlier on said they were from Cleveland and were going to try to head on over and see what they could find out.

Lets hope they do.

In the meantime, I think the idea of it being an RC of some sort or another is a good place to start.

I know that if I was into RC and had got myself a new toy, I would be flying it every night after work for a few days at least ... 7:30 pm is about the time someone could have finished dinner and has a few hours up their sleeve before bedtime.

reply to post by Sover3igN

[edit on 13/3/10 by Horza]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

If anything it shows how thick MSM reporters are.

He say's "Could this be a helicopter, a hospital helicopter or search and rescue helicopter flying around the area?"

Yeah! For eight nights in a row, at more or less the same time of evening?!

Blimey.

He also say Nick Pope is in our 'London Bureau'...you can plainly see Nick is in a BBC studio, not in their bureau. As far as i know, the BBC is not a subdivision of this guys station.

[edit on 13/3/2010 by spikey]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
OMG..proof finally! Lights that could be aything...finally proof of Alien spacecraft. I have never seen blurry lights in the sky before
...OMFG...they could be street light...but what do I know..OMG///Aliens dron mercaury... YAWN..umm find soemthing better..for proof.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by kerazeesicko]

what has happened to ATS. . .

You don't think there was any better way to express an opinion than with sarcasm and asinine ranting?

I think it's time for a break . . .

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
G'day

I'm surprised there are no comments being posted about the report found by Bigfoot73 & then copied into my post (above).

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Debunked:

This was my sighting of the same object in California. We need a shot of this star "Sirius" with a better camera!

Svehlak

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedude69
Debunked:
This was my sighting of the same object in California. We need a shot of this star "Sirius" with a better camera!

Svehlak

I don't see the resemblance and don't see how you're debunking a Cleveland incident with a California incident. Either way, 7:30 tonight has come and gone, any word if it showed up for a 10th day?

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
OMG..proof finally! Lights that could be aything...finally proof of Alien spacecraft. I have never seen blurry lights in the sky before
...OMFG...they could be street light...but what do I know..OMG///Aliens dron mercaury... YAWN..umm find soemthing better..for proof.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by kerazeesicko]

Go away... what rubbish.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semus
Why in the HELL can you people not get a good shot of this thing?

Get a boat, go out on the lake and take a decent shot, otherwise it's just a damn light and get over it.

We'll take your boat, since you're heading that way!!

What - You're not?

Why the audacity......

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
UFO hunters did a story of lights over Lake Erie...maybe related? I have posted the the History Channel site that has show online...something to ponder

MSNBC also said they had called all the various agencies and no one is claining the lights...they also said they were having a photographer from the news studio film it...but havent seen that as of yet

UFO hunters episode...Lake Erie lights

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
For some reason, the lights remind me of when you point a laser pointer on a wall and move it around. How could this UFO been going on for NINE DAYS without tons of people recording tons of videos about it? Why isn't FOX and MSNBC sending down some really good cameras to try and record it? Why aren't there lots of people from ATS in the Cleveland area checking it out? Just because there have been thousands of hoaxes in the past doesn't mean people should be apathetic and not do anything. I'll try to get in contact with some people from Cleveland and see if they can help out.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey does anybody have more information about where on lake erie this is happening? Im from Cleveland so I was thinking about trying to go there tomorrow night to check it out.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Its either a hoax or an "orb".

If its an "orb", its an anomaly and we have been seeing them for decades. Stories of "orbs" go back, way back. Even the Bible has some.

We don't know what the "orbs" are.

As often as they are seen, it would seem they are a natural phenomena like ball lightning. They do exhibit patterns that seem to indicate intelligence, like the foo fighter variant, so who knows.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Additional links from a couple of witnesses

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.fox8.com...

It is not the first time I read reports of UFO over lakes and bodies of water. I wonder what they use it for?

Having a Lake or ocean base as an ET makes it hard for a person to walk up and accidentally stumble upon your base like a land one. Also there has been research and pictures of UFO's hovering over water with water spout under it. Almost as if it was refueling. Also it could be just the process from the gravitic drive where it causes Coriolis from the field it makes. I saw the video and it's not a helicopter for one and two in the video the US agencies told Shuster that their wasn't any radar contact on this object. So this thing is moving around quickly but no radar trace and moving like no craft that we know of. It can't be a planet or star since it moves back and forth, so it's either an experimental craft (I doubt that, they would have done this somewhere else especially if they have been spotted the first day of 9 days) or a UFO. I think this is another UFO and the govt. is covering up for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What makes me skeptical is that this has supposedly appeared at the same time in the same place for eight days in a row and yet there doesn't appear to be any decent images and no one besides true believers are commenting on it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm not going to sit here and throw rocks @ this incident, my suggestion, like that of many others, is as follows:

1) If this occurs again, charter a boat, head to the area, or as near as fear allows.

2) Then use camera.

But honestly, the great lakes area has always been odd. The weather can be fickle too, but I'm no longer In the midwest, or else I'd definately be down for some USO action. Let's see where this goes.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It has shown up repeatedly and that is the best video they can get...nobody has a zoom or tripod or even a stick...this sighting smells badly.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11
UFO hunters did a story of lights over Lake Erie...maybe related? I have posted the the History Channel site that has show online...something to ponder

MSNBC also said they had called all the various agencies and no one is claining the lights...they also said they were having a photographer from the news studio film it...but havent seen that as of yet

UFO hunters episode...Lake Erie lights

Here's the thread on Michael Lee Hill's Lake Erie UFO's
It was labeled HOAX and i think the poor guy even got banned from ATS. To me it is very clear they are not commercial airplanes as addressed in the UFO Hunter's clip.

Again the current UFO's being seen atm look just like Michael's.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I live about an hours drive from Euclid, so upon hearing this story and watching the MSNBC video my 10 yr old son and I decided to take a trip up to Euclid to see what the heck was going on. I didn't hear about this until today, from ATS initially, I dunno where I was the last few days or where the news was that I was missing it but I did get to go up there today.

We headed up about 7:00 which put us in Euclid at around 8:00, I'm not terribly familiar with the area so after driving around for a while on Lakeshore Blvd, we found a wildlife preserve with a boat launch section where we could get right up the the lake.

Coming from an hour south I did not expect the drastic change in temperature we experienced upon getting there. It was cold! Lake Erie is clogged with ice, and our unseasonably warm and sunny temperatures of the past week had deserted us. It was cold, raining and the sky was totally cloud covered, typical Ohio weather for march but not good for UFO sightings.

My son and I decided to take a walk along the quay which leads out to the lake and past all the lights, we met another couple there who were also looking for it, I don't think they were ATSer's as I dropped ATS in our brief conversation and they didn't seem to recognise it. Anyway we walked out along the quay and watch the sky to the north east. Behind the cloud cover was a definite light, orange and fading to white, with seemingly definite movement.

My son was ecstatic and telling me how he saw it it was moving and changing colors etc. I will say it was very hard to see, we were in no way prepared for the weather in sweatshirts and tennis shoes when we needed parkas and boots, so we did not stay long. We hurried back to the car and tried to find a better vantage point about 40 block east but did not find a good spot.

Now I don't know what we saw, but it didn't seem to be a normal plane light. like I say it was behind the cloud cover and so was very difficult to see, maybe we did just see a plane, but I'll tell you my son had a blast, we called my mom and dad and my brother and sister and wife so he could tell them about his adventure.

I'm sure some trolls will come along and find things to pick apart in this story, but I really don't care, we had a great time, saw something we couldn't readily explain and had a great dad-son time, even though we did freeze. My camera is crap to being with so I didn't even try to get photo's you wouldn't have been able to see anything anyways.

I have a friend of mine who's a pro photographer, and who may loan me a nice video camera for a return trip up to the lake on Monday or Tuesday when the weather is supposed to be nice. If the sightings continue, I'll tell you now we're gonna go back up and try to get a video or photos. For what it's worth, I have no idea what we saw, or what has been seen, but it was a cool experience.

Edit: For readability, separated paragraphs

[edit on 13-3-2010 by gaborn415]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join