It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaborn415
reply to post by TheOracle

I live about an hours drive from Euclid, so upon hearing this story and watching the MSNBC video my 10 yr old son and I decided to take a trip up to Euclid to see what the heck was going on. I didn't hear about this until today, from ATS initially, I dunno where I was the last few days or where the news was that I was missing it but I did get to go up there today.
We headed up about 7:00 which put us in Euclid at around 8:00, I'm not terribly familiar with the area so after driving around for a while on Lakeshore Blvd, we found a wildlife preserve with a boat launch section where we could get right up the the lake. Coming from an hour south I did not expect the drastic change in temperature we experienced upon getting there. It was cold! Lake Erie is clogged with ice, and our unseasonably warm and sunny temperatures of the past week had deserted us. It was cold, raining and the sky was totally cloud covered, typical Ohio weather for march but not good for UFO sightings.
My son and I decided to take a walk along the quay which leads out to the lake and past all the lights, we met another couple there who were also looking for it, I don;t think they were ATSer's as I dropped ATS in our brief conversation and they didn;t seem to recognise it. Anyway we walked out along the quay and watch the sky to the north east. Behind the cloud cover was a definite light, orange and fading to white, with seemingly definite movement. My son was ecstatic and telling me how he saw it it was moving and changing colors etc. I will say it was very hard to see, we were in no way prepared for the weather in sweatshirts and tennis shoes when we needed parkas and boots, so we did not stay long. We hurried back to the car and tried to find a better vantage point about 40 block east but did not find a good spot. Now I don't know what we saw, but it didn't seem to be a normal plane light. like I say it was behind the cloud cover and so was very difficult to see, maybe we did just see a plane, but I'll tell you my son had a blast, we called my mom and dad and my brother and sister and wife so he could tell them about his adventure.
I'm sure some trolls will come along and find things to pick apart in this story, but I really don't care, we had a great time, saw something we couldn't readily explain and had a great dad-son time, even though we did freeze. My camera is crap to being with so I didn't even try to get photo's you wouldn't have been able to see anything anyways. I have a friend of mine who's a pro photographer, and who may loan me a nice video camera for a return trip up to the lake on Monday or Tuesday when the weather is supposed to be nice. If the sightings continue, I'll tell you now we're gonna go back up and try to get a video or photos. For what it's worth, I have no idea what we saw, or what has been seen, but it was a cool experience.

Thank you for this post, very interesting. However- gigantic paragraphs are a pain to read

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Thanks I broke it up to make it easier to read.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The direction this is seen from Cleveland should make it quite visible in Buffalo, NY. I haven't seen any reports from anywhere but the Cleveland area. This would lead me to believe the lights are directed and probably from an aircraft. Just because no commercial or military claims them does not mean they could not be private.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So what are the chances of us getting a straight answer as to what this phenomenon? Or is more likely this will be forgotten about in 2 weeks? Is the MSM picking the story up an indication that disclosure is near? So many questions......

I can only sit and imagine of the day when our future generations look back with disbelief that alien life was not always common knowledge much like how we look back on our ancestors in disbelief because it was not always common knowledge that the earth was round.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pipebomb24875
Here's the thread on Michael Lee Hill's Lake Erie UFO's
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It was labeled HOAX and i think the poor guy even got banned from ATS. To me it is very clear they are not commercial airplanes as addressed in the UFO Hunter's clip.

Again the current UFO's being seen atm look just like Michael's.
www.youtube.com...

And what did you have at the end of the day? Poor images of lights in the sky taken by a contactee who makes outlandish failed predictions and continually claims to have secret information from aliens that he is about to reveal.

How many times have we seen this story in the history of Ufology?

I haven't seen anything convincing from this Ohio flap. Just videos by true believers of lights in the distance in an area that no doubt has heavy air and water traffic.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Well I guess it comes down to proving or disproving if planes are in the area. How does one go about doing that?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The FAA stated no unusual radar hits. NASA says they have no tests that could explain the lights. So I wonder who or what is causing the lights to appear nightly....interesting indeed!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Very cool, Maybe, and Bigfoot. Thanks for posting this. I think sightings get a little more credibility on MUFON.

Here's a weather report for the Euclid area:
www.weathercentral.com...

It looks like there may not be another viewing opportunity until Monday night.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Magnus47]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Like i said before i think the fact that no one is running around taking responsibility for the lights is the true mystery, as normally someone (NASA or Military) says it was because of them, failed rockets etc?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If I was going to do something like this, I would probably fly a kite with an LED array. I reckon it would look pretty cool swooping and zig-zagging through the sky of a night time.

IRM

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Seen lots of lights in the sky here over the last few years. (europe). ALso seen them changing colors. I know what all the aircraft look like and I know when I am seeing something different and out of place. Its a pleasant relief to see a story like this. I can relate completely to this.

The big problem with this story is the coverage and how they seem to be relying on members of the public to cover it. For 9 days and they haven't sent anyone on location? Because of how it is been covered it just stinks.

Set this story going for 2weeks. SO lots of people start talking to friends and families about maybe something they have seen before too.

Then after 2weeks they send somebody down, reveal the logical explanation as to what it is and in turn make anyone who spoke about it being a ufo or spoke about a ufo experience look like a complete and utter fool. Ahh those crazies that believe that ufo's are about, luatics.

Just don't trust this coverage at all. And i won't mind being proved wrong if thats the case :-)

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Dear Deityofchoice, what a waste of time.

First of all, 8 nights of sightings and that's the footage???? Stone the crows, mate, that's laughable. And what I saw gave no indication whatsoever of *not* being an aircraft. But I guess if you can't identify the flight, it isa UFO.....

And the FAA says that it *seems* not be a normal flightpath???? I'd really like to see/hear that full statement, who made it, and in what context. Or was it possibly just a news staffer's quick phone call, carefully worded to ensure there was a story.... Give me a break. Either the video and description shows a flight path accurately or it doesn't.
If it DOESN'T, then obviously, the FAA can't verify it against anything.
If it DOES show a verifiable flight path, then it would be easy to check this against normal flight paths and holding patterns (there are MANY paths in that region for the approaches to Cleveland Hopkins). It wouldn't 'seem' to be wrong, it would be.

I call media beat up. The days of real investigative journalism are over for many networks that just want to up their ratings by posting sensationalised drivel. I'll lay a sizable bet that if they did investigate this properly, it will be shown to be an aircraft - which means no story. Why would they do that, unless motivated by morality? Media = morality? You be the judge.

And likening that video to Michael Lee Hill's stuff (which has been thoroughly debunked here and elsewhere) is the kiss of death...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
You guys complaining about fuzzy videos.. How in hell can you take a clear shot of distant light in the night? It will always just be a blob of light unless you can get in closer which just isn't going to happen.

Easy enough.

Get something else in the picture that will stablish whether the object is moving or not relative to earth.

Get something *known* in the picture that will make it possible to pinpoint the direction of the object as seen from the viewers point.

Keep the camera as still as possible and DO NOT zoom in and out all the time.

If we can establish direction and elevation we can very quickly role out or confirm known celestial objects.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
seen these exact same lights here over rockingham
W.A australia for roughly 2 hours. wonder what they are?rang the observatory here and they couldnt explain them either.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've heard that the Aliens involved in these UFO sightings are Lakers fans, and they're in the Cleveland area to abduct LeBron James...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

If this thing has been appearing every night, why haven't some investigators set up observation posts with theodolites separated by a wide parallax? They could easily establish its range and altitude and record it from two angles simultaneously, making it one of the best documented UFOs of all time. On the other hand, if it turns out to be a Coast Guard chopper over the lake, they'd probably feel pretty silly.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Strange and intresting! And a topic thats mad! If there was something like this happening near me, id get the 'scooby doo' gang in to investigate.
Or at the very least pull my finger out and go for a look around in the area. Take note on the weather, what phase of moon it is, any suspicious people, traffic in the vacinity.
Then do a Sherlock Homes and try to eliminate the impossible... And get a good camara. One with night vision.
Try a lazer pointer on the object to see if its solid matter or some misty swamp gas light.
Im staying tuned, hopefully some local ATS people will be out on that lake tonight to say what they see.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
have you ever tried to figure out an image of something too far away to make it out? Well it could be anything, what makes it a UFO?

-it's illuminated
-people claim it moves around

that doesn't add up to much...

it could be a cessna with christmas lights for all anyone knows...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

Thank you for sharing this, this is really what i wished for.
If you go back (or anybody else). Get that hd cam and a laser pointer or other devices to communicate with this orb and see if it responds!
I wish I could go to Cleveland

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I know that In tucson we had a "Major Sighting" on our local channel 4 on the evening of February 21'st. The footage was taken in south tucson in a trailer park and showed a UFO in incredibly high definition zooming just hundreds of yards above the viewer's head.

I thought for sure this would be found on the internet. So I checked, nothing. I checked every day and then gave up, this story was not even mentioned on the WWW. They interviewed the witness and his son in the trailer park where it happened and they looked genuinely afraid. And if you don't live in tucson, the south side is literally a different city, the poor hispanic side of town. People down there just plain don't draw attention to themselves, ESPECIALLY if its over a UFO sighting. This story is still uncovered.

What I DID find however was that it wasn't the only sighting last month. It was the 3'rd if not fourth. Just go ahead and google "tucson ufo sighting february 2010" and you'll see what I mean.

A friend of mine that lives about 40 minutes north of the city said he has been hearing sonic booms in the middle of the desert at night as well....

It may also bear mentioning that the local Davis Monthan Airforce base has just received some new super-sonic fighter jets to fly around. So anythings possible i suppose.

Just an unsettling amount of UFO'ness happening down here as well.

I would have made this it's own post with newslinks and everything but A.) There are no news links to major news outlets(even though it was covered on TV) and B.) I'm still working my way up the those first 20 precious posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join