It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Ohio UFOs: Case Closed
Submitted by Javier Ortega on March 20, 2010 – 10:44 AM2 Comments | 459 views
The Examiner has an update on the “UFOs over Lake Erie” story. Ohio Mutual Ufo Network’s field investigator Tom Wertman concluded that what many people were calling UFOs were just incoming jet lights from Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport.

So much media interested sprouted from the original claims made by Ohio resident Eugene Erlikh. Good thing MUFON is alive and well and doing their thing!

Full source: Examiner

Roger Marsh – The Examiner

The objects reported nightly over Lake Erie skies at Euclid, Ohio, are incoming jet traffic from Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport, according to Ohio Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) Field Investigator Tom Wertman.
Wertman was reached by telephone late Thursday for a final disposition on the case.
Euclid, OH, resident Eugene Erlikh, 20, originally reported unusual objects out over Lake Erie that were appearing in the same spot night after night. The story was picked up by Fox News, Cleveland; and also by MSNBC.

The network stories brought the case to the attention of Ohio MUFON and Wertman was assigned to move to the site and have a look for himself.

Wertman, like many other ufologists who called or wrote to the UFO Examiner on this case were suspicious of the case from the beginning. The suspicion, they say, is when a sighting repeats itself in the same spot over many nights. Ufologists seem to agree that sightings like this generally have a natural or manmade ending.

Wertman specifically tracked lights from the same area where Erlikh says he was seeing lights. The two even spoke on the telephone, with Wertman outside and nearby. Erlikh was talking on the telephone from inside his high rise apartment.

“I was with him on the phone the other night,” Wertman said, “and he described the exact same lights that we were both looking at. As each object came out, we matched the same time frames. He even went back at the end of the night and reviewed the three major sightings of the night. And all three were a match. The only difference was our watches, but the time frames were the same.”

After Wertman was sure that the lights he was seeing were the same that Erlikh was seeing, his investigation began.
Wertman began comparing the movement of the lights to incoming air traffic at Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport. In addition, Wertman was using a computer to track incoming flights in real time.

On one of those evenings, Wertman and Erlikh had agreed on the three objects.
Wertman said the first object was a flight coming in from Chicago.

“Once spotted over Lake Erie, the object stayed relatively stationary for about two minutes,” Wertman said, “then a second light popped up at thumb’s length (if held at arm’s length) from the first one. The flight tracking software was then showing a second flight coming in behind the first.”

The data from the flight tracking web site was matching what Wertman was seeing.
“The first object appeared at about 8:40 p.m.. The light appeared in the northwest at 300 degrees at approximately 5 degrees above the horizon. It was a short time later – one to two minutes later – a second object appeared beside the first one. And holding my thumb at arm’s length – the two objects were a thumb’s width apart.”

“The intensity of the second light was the same as the first. The web site used to track the air traffic showed two aircraft in that same area. The first was coming from Chicago. A short time later a third light appeared. One of the first lights was moving, getting dim, and moving toward the southwest. The second light was still stationary and it gave the appearance of hovering. It appeared to be stationary or hovering for about 3 to 4 minutes.”

Cleveland airport is southwest of Erlikh’s location.

“The web site was now showing that the first plane from Chicago would land then at 8:44 p.m. The second aircraft landed at 8:49 p.m. That was evidently the two planes that were close together.”
Each object moved from the lake area to the southwest and toward the airport, matching the arrival time of the flights.

CASE CLOSURE
Wertman said he is marking this one – case closed. “It’s air traffic for Cleveland-Hopkins,” Wertman said. “The flights take a swing out over the lake where they can, at times, appear to be stationary. Then they move, one by one, to the southwest and into position to land – and right on time – according to the flight data available on the web.”
Can someone mistake lights in a night sky for something anomalous? Happens all the time, according to ufologists.

Wertman said he was talking with Erlikh during one of the investigation evenings, when Erlikh shouted, “Did you see that? An F-16 just flew over my building.”

But Wertman, standing just outside Erlikh’s building, had seen what had just gone over his building at between 1,500 to 2,000 feet above the building. “I corrected him and told him it was a small business jet. Most likely landing at nearby Burke Lakefront Airport."
news link
incoming air traffic

[edit on 20-3-2010 by reject]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Friday night on The Alien Agenda radio, both Eugene Erlikh and Michael Lee Hill were featured on the show. Both had filmed unknown multicolored orb/craft over Lake Erie and coincidentally live within 5 minutes of each other in Cleveland. Michael's videos go further back to 2006 and Eugene's are more recent. On April 6, 2010 Michael and Eugene unknowingly and simultaneously filmed similar multicolored orb/craft on the same night and at the same time or within minutes of each other. Both videographers made this discovery just yesterday as well.

According to Erlikh, at approximately 6:45pm EST, on Thursday night (April 8, 2010) a private telephone call came into his residence. Eugene answered and the man on the other end assumed to know it was Eugene and called him by name. The man identified himself as a member of Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies. He did give his name and email that is, in fact, linked to the BAASS.ORG domain name. He asked Eugene a number of questions pertaining to the sightings over Lake Erie. The man then demanded Eugene give up the exact coordinates of the location the lights are appearing. When Eugene questioned the man, he stated he knew the lights were not terrestrial or from this planet and there's big money involved in obtaining that technology. He instructed Eugene to email him the coordinates. Eugene immediately hung up the telephone.

The first video was made by Michael Lee Hill on April 6th, 2010 and the second was made by Eugene Erlikh on the same night at approximately the same time

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Now, let's assume the comments made by Erlikh are factual. I have no reason not to believe he is telling the truth based on his diligence in recording these events in an honest manner and not refusing to disclose any information to MUFON. But, when someone unknown to you calls your residence, identifies themselves as a representative of BAASS and demands information, well, it's time to start questioning people's motives.

Source - naturalplane.blogspot.com...

The The Alien Agenda radio host then E-mailed the BAASS Investigator and asked why are you contacting Lake Erie UFO witnesses? Didn't MUFON say case closed? they are just airplanes?

This is the Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies Investigators actual response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Regards to the Lights over Lake Erie I am not absolutely convinced that they are coming from conventional aircraft.

As an investigator I must be completely objective with any UFO reports which has had multiple witnesses. BAASS employees are paid professionals, all the investigators are formal Law enforcement detectives who have a higher level set of skills and experience.

MUFON Takes anyone who pays the money and passes the test and works for free. That does not make them a credible source for information for me to except they're conclusion.

- Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies Investigator

[edit on 25-6-2010 by MrUnkown]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Here is two recent updates to this Lake Erie UFO story as reported by Jaime Maussan!

UFO Sightings over lake Erie PT.1
www.youtube.com...

UFO Sightings over lake Erie PT.2
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by MrUnkown]

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

In 2009 in the cleveland suburb rocky river east of cleveland, i received a phone call from a friend walking home who told me to go out side right away. he said there was an object floating over the center of rocky river blinking blue green and red lights. so i went out with a few other friends. i even ran out in my socks because he sounded so serious. it didnt take long for me to spot the light he saw. before this i really didnt believe in aliens or ufo's. this object was floating in the same spot and not moving. growing up in the area i know that the planes that take off from hopkins international airport go right over river out over lake erie to turn to either chicago or new york, so im very familiar with what planes and helicopters look like at night. i watched it move for over an hour. i know this sounds crazy but its ats so here it goes...after awhile i noticed that the normal air traffic over the city stopped and it appeared that i could see jet fights way way up flying around the object. i craziest thing i saw that night was the object going into a cloud and before it enter it stopped and then turn in the tightest aerial circle ive ever seen i was like if you held a quarter to the sky it outlined the edges. it blew my mind the experience honestly brought tears to my eyes knowing that were not alone and their some one watching.. .The creepiest thing i saw that night was when i went home i was in my back yard and the object had moved south and it way floating very low this time. i went inside and told my mom to go out and see it we have a friend who took pictures and there were planes in the bckround when he took it and the only lights that came out were from the ufo... please believe me im telling the honest to god truth i call the police station to report a ufo sighting they asked what my personal location was and they asked if i was on drugs or drunk and then told me to "hang tight we'll have a car over soon" i told him just to go outside and look for himself and hung up. aslo when it stopped moving the light became red then they would glow a light shade of blues and greens before and while moving getting very bright before moving as if they absord energy some how and discharge it to move
sorry such a long one
it is my belief that "they" are mapping the urban areas of earth..
please reply if you saw similar things in the cle area.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join