It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

www.theweek.com

For more than a week, a mysterious pulsating light has been appearing nightly over Lake Erie east of downtown Cleveland — showing up at approximately 7:30 pm and zipping around in the darkness for about two hours before disappearing — reports MSNBC. Captured on film from various angles, it's now drawing nightly crowds at the lakefront. While Nick Pope, former chief UFO investigator at the British defense ministry, calls it a "significant sighting," some of the UFO's fans do not exactly inspire faith: "I have absolutely no expertise in this field, but I can guarantee you that it is not
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Check this out! This is incredible. Apologies if this has been posted, I have not seen a post about it.

The NASA, military and other agencies say they aren't responsible. The strange UFO appeared every night and is pulsating different colors. It doesn't look like anything I can think of, I think this is really some huge piece of data for all UFO researchers.
Anybody here from Cleveland have witnessed it?

www.theweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
interesting stuff S&F
however, in about 10 mins, experts will come along and explain it as a star, most likely sirius, forgetting that witnesses clain it 'zips around the sky'

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Additional links from a couple of witnesses

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.fox8.com...

It is not the first time I read reports of UFO over lakes and bodies of water. I wonder what they use it for?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Very interesting story!
S+F

I reckon the military/nasa do know about this,otherwise I would expect them to be monitoring the situation with fighter jets,if its not "one of theirs."

Someone get down there tonight with a decent zoom lens!!
Please!

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
8 nights in a row , and that's the best shots taken ?

8 nights in a row , and no one can set up a tri-pod?

This is a lousy light and lousy sighting.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Interesting.. I wonder what it is. There are threads on this already why not just add to those instead of making another thread on the same thing?`

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

even I know the answer to that one: they need to keep their probing instruments clean...duh

[edit on 13-3-2010 by reject]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
OMG..proof finally! Lights that could be aything...finally proof of Alien spacecraft. I have never seen blurry lights in the sky before
...OMFG...they could be street light...but what do I know..OMG///Aliens dron mercaury... YAWN..umm find soemthing better..for proof.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
That is very interesting.... This will be a hard one for skeptics to argue but you know they will probably still come up with some stupid excuse to explain it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hi oracle, good to see you; this thread here is also about Cleveland, just doesn't say anything about it in the title:

but it does stir the pot a little...

seeker

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I live in Cleveland but have not witnessed the recent sightings. They are, however, reminiscent of dozens of other sightings recorded over Lake Erie over the past 2 decades - one of which I did see! The pictures and video are admittedly terrible and not likely to convince anyone of anything. They are consistent with what I have witnessed and what dozens of others have witnessed. My opinion is that there is a base or some type of safe area below the surface in the deep portion of the Eastern Basin of the lake.

I was looking for a good map of Lake Erie to link to but have been so far unable to find one. I can tell you, however, that Lake Erie is the shallowest of the great lakes averaging only 62 feet deep, but has a maximum depth of 210 feet in the Eastern Basin. If you look at a map (if you can find one - I have a print out) the Eastern Basin Hole would be EXACTLY consistent with the location of these sightings. Because the lake is so shallow, visibility is often very poor due to the constant current stirring up silt from the lake bottom and would likely provide excellent cover for any "Visitors".

This satellite image of Lake Erie is an excellent depiction of the currents and tides of the lake. You will notice the Eastern Basin Hole on the right hand side.

As I had mentioned before, these sightings have occurred over the past 2 decades. The descriptions, location etc... are consistent and have stood the test of time. I'm hopeful that more is revealed and better video materializes.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

8 nights in a row , and that's the best shots taken ?

8 nights in a row , and no one can set up a tri-pod?

This is a lousy light and lousy sighting.

I agree, the footage is extremely disapointing considering this is happening regularly and many are aware of it.

The time of the sightings seems suspicious to me, 7 to 7.30 pm every night. (that was in te report wasn't it?) I think this indicates two possibilities. Either the lights are the result of something mundane that gets turned on /is activated/ is flying etc. every night at this time....or who ever/ what ever is responsible for these lights wants them to be seen and is giving observers every opportunity to be prepared and record them. We really would need better footage to determine whether these lights are anything extraordinary.

Surely someone on ATS is in the vicinity and could investigate?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is very interesting, It's officially not a commercial nor military aircraft, and has nothing to do with NASA. No one can tell what it is.

Here's more videos:

UFOs Over Lake Erie?

UFO Returns?

UFO Appears Over Cleveland 9 Nights In A Row!

That's what I got after few minutes of searching.

Edit: More links

PICTURES: UFOs Over Lake Erie?

Here's other threads on this:

UFO seen near Cleveland past couple nights

CNN - "Aliens Checking Out Cleveland?"

Ohio Man captures UFO Footage over lake Eire

[edit on 13/3/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Hope you don't mind I posted the FOX Video here

Very interesting. Curious to see what explanations will surface to discredit this too.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'll have to check that out. Once I figure out where over lake erie (I live in downtown cleveland), I'll have to get down there. Too bad I haven't got around to buying that digital camera yet. If there is really something down there, I'll surely buy that digital camera and post photos

Plus I've got these aliens in my head I need to get rid of... and quick!

edit to add - never mind... that's in "Euclid" which is actually a Cleveland suburb. I'll rather wait...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by MegaCurious]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Interesting... I can't believe that it's appeared for 8 nights in a row!

I am a little disappointed by the footage... taking a video of a UFO would be the first thing I would do if I saw one; especially if I knew that it had been appearing the same time for the last few nights!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is not good

This is bad news

NASA said they haven't been running any tests despite their proximity being a perfect alibi?

MSNBC(ObamaTV) is reporting on this and have an expert UFO guy on?

NASA in the viccinity of repeated nightly sightings being reported on TV and no NASA employee with a telescope????????
Binoculars even?

Aliens with all their discretions that are as dumb as a chair fly around in the same area nightly putting a changing of color show?

If you stop drooling over this news you'll notice many holes!!

I mean if NASA says they were doing tests, okay maybe it's a UFO, however if NASA after having a perfect opportunity to say it's them testing in an area where they test often and they don't take the opportunity then..... it's something to worry about!

Aliens... the next form of terroism???

lol just thinking out loud....

[edit on 13-3-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Very weird and interesting.
Star & Flag.
'What on earth is going on'

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wow! This is pretty amazing! The videos are kind of blurry, but they don't look like anything else I've ever seen! They still move around in the videos, and they only show up for 1-2 hours witnesses are saying, and changing colours, I can't discredit this at all! No matter how blurry, if there is a collective agreement that these aren't anything else.. They must be something unearthly!

I wish this would happen in my town..! I would be so excited to witness something like that! To be a part of a mass UFO sighting would be awesome!

As for UFO's over bodies of water.. Have you ever heard of a USO? Unidentified Submerged Object. I don't know much about these, but I hear they can go underwater. Who knows! xD

[edit on 13-3-2010 by tru_blu_dude]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join