It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Im currently a junior in high school and i feel like im being brain washed to go into a unhappy bland life of working behind a desk. I read history books only written by the winners and never get the full truth to anything. Don't believe everything your told because half the time its not true. There is a dumbing down of the general population because mushy kids brains believe everything they are told and schools these days make thinking out of the box make you an out cast or loaner. They feed you food to fuel the big machine and I'm sick of it. I can't pick what I want to learn about or study I'm forced to study things that restrict my ability to imagine and be creative. Don't follow the population make your own choices awaken from your sleep and realize that all they want is for you to conform and not fight anything but agree. Every time I try to argue a subject I get told I'm wrong and that I'ts rude to argue when I am just trying to figure out the whole story not just one side. Please do not become another mushy brain zombie like the system wants you to become.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You are allowed to disagree. Sadly, in order to do so you must sacrifice a lot.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Kurt,
You are pretty much correct in your assessment. I felt just like that by the time I was in 10th grade. By 11th grade I didn't see much use in school and it was frustrating. I was an honor roll student and I was bored with all of it. I felt school in general was holding me back from pursuing things I might really be interested in.

I wanted to drop out of school. I even went so far as to take home the paperwork required to 'drop-out'. My parents had a fit. (of course) Anyway, I stuck it out.

Then senior year came. An older friend advised me that since I had made it that far I should stay in especially for my senior year. After all, there would be a big class trip and senior prom and a lot of skipping classes to go "play with my friends". So I stayed and decided just to make it a fun year, being as all my classmates would be going different directions soon.

I was glad I did because you can't get too far without that piece of paper. I went to college for awhile. When I couldn't afford it and work prevented me from being able to take a full load, I started auditing classes that I was interested in. I didn't get any official documents for my time in college, but by studying subjects that I was truly interested in, I did get what I consider tools and skills that have helped me with other facets in life. As I got older, I sometimes signed up for "continuing education" courses at college.

If you have some idea of what you would like to pursue in life, you need to think about how you will plot a course to achieve that. A good start is by going to the school guidance counselor. You can air your grievences and hopefully find some direction and wise words.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I argue but only get into trouble and a lecture... its wack they are ruining creativity and deep thinking

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurt Turner

When I was 13 I realised everything teachers were doing would only work if you didn't question and if you did you were considered a trouble maker.

Unfortunatley this is an interesting game.

What I've come to realise is they teach the tools needed to get us into our little offices and our 40 hour a week work pattern buying the overpriced material things we don't need just to give us some sort of false happiness that when fades, can be bought back again with the next line of expensive trainers.

The game isn't to push back as hard as you can or to become fully obedient, the game is to embrace the knowledge they're teaching, and to expand your veiws on what's really going on. How many of your friends really have an idea of whats happening on this planet? I can bet not a lot do, nor care. They've fallen victim to the system.

TPTB don't want a free critical thinking population, they want dumbed down sheep they can heard into the next tax bracket and the next fad clothing line.

Knowledge is a weapon that can be used for the greater good, or for evil.

Question everything.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
yes spot on I will not let my self be a zombie of the nation who is forced to work a terribly bland boring job to hardly scrape by and maybe buy a nice car to fill the endless void in my soul created by the system. DTA AND QA don't trust anyone and question everything because you don't know what they're hiding from you

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Value the time that you are not spending in your educational institution. Use it wisely by taking it upon yourself to expand your horizons, voice your opinion, hear those of others, and reach your own conclusions -- not those presently being forced upon you.

BTW, what prompted you to pull back the dumb-down veil and see what lies beyond it at such a young age?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Umm I have always seen the bull # in school and I have over time just noticed things that the majority doesn't and i see these things as they are not as people want me to see them I'm not really sure how it exactly happened

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I can't pick what I want to learn about or study I'm forced to study things that restrict my ability to imagine and be creative.

Yep, u r 100% right, but there's a point. A very simple point u can't avoid: THAT'S THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS. You need learn about if u want have a job someday, a family. Period.
You must chill out and be reasonable. What is the worst part of this current school system?? I assume it's History in all aspects, 'cos all elements of society usually manipulated and controlled by those ones on the charges of power, are described as historic events. Biology, maybe or Physicists that avoid or deny in many cases, any approaching about extraterrestrial subject. The current sciences are delayed once the most of scholars aren't open to new possibilities. For instance, or DNA has 80 types of proteins with unknown functions, according to Genome project. Some outta box biologists dare to say our DNA is an alien open-source code, ready do upgrade or downgrade anytime. Talk about that into your classroom and probably your professors will put you in the black list and your class-mates will bash you forever. BUT YOU NEED of this system, otherwise you won't go to college what means you will have a low education in one ultra competitive world. Now you have what 15, 16... you can say "F*CK THAT, I DON'T GIVE SH*T", but in 20 years you will beg for a time-machine to return the years you had opportunities within this system.
Cool it's currently we have internet and loads of websites and forums and blogs and video-sharing communities we can expose conspiracies, fails in the society, the evil side of this mean system... You can just log in in an ATS like forum and drop the bombs. Drop it HERE, don't f*ck your life in the school buddy, you will regret for the rest of your life. Course, EVER there will be one or two people you can trust on school, you can talk about these issues. Those people that see the things you can see. Keep it open with them, but stay sharp and EVER EVER EVER watch what you are talking about. Teenagers are stupid, no offense, and usually put each other in confusions. Test people before you say something.
When I was a kid I said during a History class, that Giza pyramids were built by aliens and no way slaves could drag blocks that size across the desert, rolling over logs and planks to build those structures with rope cranes and bamboo scaffolding. When you are in the school HELL NO you can say stuffs like that, even if you are 100% SURE you are RIGHT and your teacher is stupid. DON'T SAY NOTHING.
Few years ahead you be very tankful to yourself about had kept the mouth shut.

Man if I had 16 again I would do EVERYTHING different.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't not not give a # about school. I just don't want to end up like the majority and live a hopeless meaningless life. I get good grades and I don't care about aliens untill i see one face to face I don't give a # about them. I just see a lot of unhappy people that are conformed to the system and I don't want to end up a zombie I would rather live in a shack by the ocean and know that I'm not brain washed than be pulled into a system where you HAVE to work to have a real life. Who can tell me what a real life is. Im enrolled in college right now too so im not worried about college because im in a dual enrollment program for gifted kids. Im not some dumb teenager and I will never let my values and beliefs be ruined by a system that wants to herd me like a cow to do the work that they say is what I have to do to be a normal human being with a normal life. I will never conform myself to what other people consider to be right because deep down in my heart I know what I believe is right.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The reason why who is behind this does this on our ages is due to "childhood innocence." It's easier to influence the mind of a child towards a certain path.

It was 2 years ago when I dropped History but I fully agree with your views. I learned so much which in fact by watching National Geographic/Discovery channels pointed me towards the truth.

And so has this site.

We readily see new evidence that always disproves what I read in my textbooks.

I mean, in Bio/Chem/Physics - I have never heard the mention of UFOs, they always seem to reinforce that climate change is occuring and seem to provide false, or manipulated evidence to "prove" they are "correct."

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
School is nothing more than a manufacturing plant for worker bees and drones. I learned this at a very young age but didn't know how to utilize such knowledge to my advantage. Instead, I rebelled, which caused me to be labeled as a "problem child" and so I accepted the role and did things a problem child would do. I was expelled every year in high school, but due to my ability to do the work at alternative schools (which was actually harder, but better for me because the classes were smaller) I was always allowed to come back but only after hearings before the school board. The questions I would often hear are "Why are you like this EMPIRE?", "EMPIRE, you're articulate not average what is the problem with you?" Here are adults, making six figures per yearing doing absolutely nothing, asking a child about their behavior. Incredible.

Here is my advice to you OP. Do not rebel against the system. You must understand that teachers and administration are very egotistical. Use their ego to your advantage and you won't have any problems when they attempt to fill your head with garbage. You already know how the game is played so you're years ahead of your peers.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice. And not considering me a dumb teenager

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just remember as i found out at school, the government in uk is using electronic mind control on you. If they do not like what they find in your mind, they will absolutely destroy your life.

If opposite you will be allowed to live some sort of life.

But like i said above i found this stuff out at school, and they will use these techs on people pushing people in all sorts of directions.

Do yourself a favour as an adult too, never bring kids into this world, where desperate people get government and police jobs and are desperate to ruin anyones life, with technologies they have today.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

There will be those on here that will blindly applaud you for your post without looking into the reasons behind your thinking. I for one need more information to make a decision as to if you are just an angry teenager that doesn't like school...and "blaming the system" is an easy out for you. Or if you have actual reasons behind what you say. In general...I'm not a big fan of the "Deny ignorance...drop out of school" trend that I see on ATS sometimes. To me...it is not logical.

Im currently a junior in high school and i feel like im being brain washed to go into a unhappy bland life of working behind a desk.

No one is forcing you into a desk job...I think you are being a bit dramatic. You can go into construction, be a police officer, be a firefighter or EMT, be a truck driver, be a farmer, be a teacher (lol), work in a factory, work in retail, become a chef, become an artist, join the military, the list goes on and on.

Exactly are you being brainwashed to work a desk job when there are so many other possibilities?

I read history books only written by the winners and never get the full truth to anything.
Every time I try to argue a subject I get told I'm wrong and that I'ts rude to argue when I am just trying to figure out the whole story not just one side.

Exactly which topics do you believe you aren't being told the truth about? What subjects are you trying to argue about?

I can't pick what I want to learn about or study I'm forced to study things that restrict my ability to imagine and be creative.

Why not? There are things in life you have to do and things in life you choose to do...this is just how the real world works. Go to the library...pick up a book and learn what you want. Standards are in place for a reason...high school isn't a place for specialization...it is a place for general education.

What exactly can't you learn about that you want to learn about?

They feed you food to fuel the big machine and I'm sick of it.
Don't follow the population make your own choices awaken from your sleep and realize that all they want is for you to conform and not fight anything but agree.
Please do not become another mushy brain zombie like the system wants you to become.

What is "the big machine" and why is it bad?

Who are "they" that want you to conform?

What is "the system" and why do they want you to become a "zombie"?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am forced to learn math I will never use, I am forced to read books ill never gain anything from, I am forced to fill out surveys that tell me I should work at a desk job. I am told to do things that don't give me any way to see the other side.

You could say I am a pissed off teenager because I AM A PISSED OFF TEENAGER. I don't care what you have to say everyone I know that is in college has ended up in business and finance and are now #ing miserable. I would go into the military I have thought a lot about it but why would I do that if I don't support our commander and thief named OBAMA. Im not very good at art and these days what people consider ART is total bull #.

The big machine is our america which is not what our founding fathers wanted the federal gov. is in everyone business and make material things seem like you have to have them to be NORMAL or live a life.

It is all a bunch of bull #

Call me a pissed of teenager I really don't care because like I said I believe what I believe because I feel that it is right. I don't care if people applaud me or call me pissed of teenager.

Most of the great minds in the world thought school was bull so if that doesn't tell you something than I don't know what will.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I do applaud you for not just agreeing with me though is shows that you aren't just a follower I like people that challenge my ideas.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The indoctrination schools don't like any independent thinking. Creativity is thrown at the door and logical thinking and groupthink is promoted. Sad yet true. They're even cutting recess for some kids so they don't go out and socialize with other kids they want the kids continuously learning and being indoctrinated.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I felt the same way. I'm 22 and completely lost in life now, and have no idea what to do about it. Kinda sucks

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Find your way Look to the light and follow it No matter where you are know that as long as you stay true to your beliefs your alright

top topics

<<   2 >>

join