It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012-ISM dust-Cosmic Rays-Global/Solar System Warming-Possible beginning of ICE AGE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
www.freerepublic.com...

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19 percent beyond anything we've seen in the past 50 years," said Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The surge, which poses no threat to Earth, was detected by NASA's ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer) spacecraft.

www.meta-religion.com...

By making a variety of assumptions about the rate of solar motion and the distribution of spiral arms in the galaxy -- which are difficult to map because galactic dust and foreground stars get in the way -- Gies and Helsel conclude that "the sun has traversed four spiral arms at times that appear to correspond well with long-duration cold periods on Earth."

An alternate but related hypothesis of ice ages suggests that Earth occasionally passes through huge interstellar clouds of hydrogen gas. Such clouds are common in the spiral arms. According to this hypothesis, the interstellar clouds chemically soak up oxygen molecules in Earth's atmosphere, dramatically lowering the levels of the gas ozone.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Vonour]

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act

[edit on Tue Aug 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
pr.caltech.edu...

Voyager Nears Local Fluff

Our solar system is plunging through a vast cloud of wispy gas called the local interstellar cloud, also known as the “Local Fluff.” About 30 light-years wide, the Fluff is made of 6,000°C hydrogen and helium. The Fluff is about twice as dense as the interstellar meduim surrounding it, and what holds it together has been a mystery—until now, thanks to a discovery by JPL’s twin Voyager spacecraft.

www.all-science-fair-projects.com...

The gas in the Local Fluff has a density of approximately 0.1 atoms per cubic centimeter, approximately double that of the galactic interstellar medium and 20 times that of the gas in the Local Bubble.

www.solstation.com...

Local Chimney and Superbubbles

Some wisps of the Local Fluff's denser gas may already have blown into the Solar System earlier (possibly 33,000 and 60,000 years ago) (Priscilla Chapman Frisch, 1997). Astronomers hypothsize that such gas clouds can suppress the Solar Wind so that interstellar gas and dust enters the Solar System in quantities great enough to affect the Sun and life on Earth. At the moment, a powerful stellar wind from the young OB stellar associations of the Local Bubble's expanding neighbor, the Loop I Bubble, is pushing the Local Fluff aside (at the rate of 12 miles, or 20 km, per second). That expanding bubble, however, is also pushing other clouds of gas towards the Solar System (Astronomy Picture of the Day).

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Vonour]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
web.mit.edu...

MIT instrument finds surprises at solar system's edge

But with Voyager 2, the Plasma Science instrument not only detected the boundary, making detailed measurements of the solar wind's temperature, speed and density as the spacecraft crossed through it, but it actually encountered the shockwave repeatedly. Because the outflow of the solar wind varies with changes in the sun's activity level, building up during large solar flares and quieting during lulls in sunspot activity, the boundary itself pulsates in and out. These pulsations can wash across the craft multiple times, just as a boat landing onshore may cross the ocean's edge multiple times as waves crash in and then recede.

While Voyager 1 apparently made a single crossing, Voyager 2 apparently crossed the boundary five times, producing a wealth of new data. It's even possible that if there are large variations in that solar outflow, the shock layer "could push past Voyager again," says Richardson. "That would give us some idea of how elastic the shock is" -- that is, how far out these pulsations may stretch. Until and unless such detections are made, "we only have models" of how great such variations might be, he says

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
science daily

Ribbon at Edge of Our Solar System: Will the Sun Enter a Million-Degree Cloud of Interstellar Gas?

The model developed by the Polish-US team suggests that the boundary between the Local Cloud and the Local Bubble might be not within a few light years from the Sun, as it was believed earlier, but within just a thousand of astronomical units, a thousand-fold closer. This might mean that the Solar System could enter the million-degree Local Bubble cloud as early as the next century. "Nothing unusual, the Sun frequently traverses various clouds of interstellar gas during its galactic journey," comments Grzedzielski. Such clouds are of very low density, much lower than the best vacuum obtained in Earth labs. Once in, the heliosphere will reform and may shrink a little, the level of cosmic radiation entering the magnetosphere may rise a bit, but nothing more. "Perhaps future generations will have to learn how to better harden their space hardware against stronger radiation," suggests Grzedzielski.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Galactic Magnetic Fields May Control Boundaries Of Our Solar System

"The most striking feature is the ribbon that appears to be controlled by the magnetic field of our galaxy," says Schwadron.

Although scientists knew that their models would be tested by the IBEX measurements, the existence of the ribbon is "remarkable" says Geoffrey Crew, a Research Scientist at MIT and the Software Design Lead for IBEX. "It suggests that the galactic magnetic fields are much stronger and exert far greater stresses on the heliosphere than we previously believed."

www.sott.net...

Models developed at the Space Research Center suggest that, contrary to earlier theories, the border between the cold and hot clouds may lie not several light years from the Earth, but just 500-2,000 astronomical units away. This means that our solar system may enter an interstellar cloud of 1 million K as early as the next century, according to the Polish scientists

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Vonour]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
... Well ... let me see I gather .. the LOCAL FlUFF is.. the LOCAL INTERSTELLAR CLOUD ... and we are in the edge of it now and it is getting thicker... and I have links that support this.. not only that but even .. have seen statments that we could be within a thicker region .. within a few more years.. concerning...very....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thank you for all this information and the time you have put into it,.
I had suspected something like this to be a or THE cause of our planet s warming.
one of my thoughts to this were, was it possible that the sun was more affected by this transition and therefor causing the heating of our planets and more radiation to the core of the earth.
Might this be an underlying reason why we have been warned of a more active than usual solar cycle in accordance to the last few?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
www.spaceref.com...

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

Astronomers still do not know whether the current stardust influx, apart from being favoured by the particular configuration of the Sun's magnetic field, is also enhanced by the thickness of the interstellar clouds into which the Solar System is moving. Currently located at the edge of what astronomers call the local interstellar cloud, our Sun is about to join our closest stellar neighbour Alpha Centauri in its cloud, which is less hot but denser

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

www.spaceref.com...

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Again thank you, I haven't read through all the info in detail yet, but I will.
has the timeline been calculated yet as to when we are to expect the increase of energies/ dust?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
well.. most of the calculations have come from our sats.... since the early 60s...but .. as far as I know.. since then most of the cosmic rays and .. dust entering our solar system has increase by 400 percent... and as we keep moving into the denser regions of the Cloud ..FLUFF .. more cosmic rays and dust and radiation will enter into the solar system for years to come.. SOME of the high energy cosmic ray particles entering into the solar system are moving 99.999999999999 percent of the speed of light which come from not only the black holes but from quasars and such..being that we are getting closer the the galactic plane.. where the cosmic rays from our black hole and.. past supernova ..seem to jet across from it... I know we are light years from the galactic plane but the rays still reach us....or will reach us more as we get closer aswell

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
as far as.. when it will even out.. ?.. I don't think even NASA knows yet .. and.. from what i have read ..they seem to believe the Cloud is alot denser than they first thought...
.. I have seen some statments of . that by 2012.. from the first study on the dust within the solar system in the 60s... it is estimated to be by 2012 .. 900 percent more...dust inside our solar system

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

cross eyed lol

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

yah I know.. from when i first posted this I have been searching.. when I got bored of thought of other..ways to go about the search sometimes.. they change the names on me.. like LOCAL fluff is also the LOCAL cloud.... but just recently .. I found these few more links.. and articles that really support my theory.. and saddly .. I am even now more in shock

the one thing I hate the most is . FINDING .. pages that have been deleted..

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

elaborate your thoughts of "shock"
this topic is of great interest to me and am curious how others think
Could it be that the pages that were deleted maybe that info is no longer valid?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well that last few links.. actually state about how close to where we are to this cloud.. .. We have been entering.. into the LOCAL FLUFF in the 70s some say the mid 60s .. ever heard of the PHOTON BELT well i started researching it.. and.. this is where it lead.. I am in shock .. cause thier are statements in my links where they say we will be in the actual fluff within the next 20 to 100 years.. now ..even with that said one articles sugguest that parts of the fluff has already entered into our solar system over 30 to 60 thousand years ago.. this was only fragments of the FLUFF.. but now we are at the edge and ever since then..in the 60s after entering into the edge we have lost 25 percent of our heliosphere... .. and are due to loss more of it.. deeper we get into the fluff.. and that means less pertection for us.. some say our heliosphere may shrink to the oribit or saturn or jupiter.. and that I have just got a link to an article that state how or heliosphere .... is not stable it.. moves like the waves coming in on the shore .. receding back and forth... so .. ?.. if this is causing all the solar system warming and.. can cause an ICE age..within my life time.. I am.. in awe...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Some of the links I found.. had really good info in them.. but when i went back to find them said they had been deleted.. now i wont state where I had been looking.. but.. after that .. I copy everthing I look up at least once .. from now on..lol

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
the real thing that concerns me the most is that.. most of the math seems to be only with the speed o the .. solar systems movement.. but they seem... now this is my opion... from what i gather is that.. they have not.. added the speed of which the cloud moves toward our solar system.. into the equation.. which would put us on a faster.. time scale...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
well, from everything I have read from scientific findings is,. the models produced at the time all required updating each year,. and not in a good way,. things are always worse than previously projected "worse" being a pessimistic way of viewing it.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I think i understand what you mean... I just not want to turn around next year and have all the time scales moved up even further.. and having a min time scale of only 20 years.. which i found that article about early 2000 to late 90s.. so .. yah i am ..not looking forward to seeing the time frame... like I said I think the 100 year time frame is with out the speed of the cloud as it moves toward our solar system .. I am leaning toward only just a few to .. 20 years from now....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
and being 36... this could very easliy .. been in my life time

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join