It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Among Us, and How to Find Them.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I will be a US Citizen in a few more months (It's expensive so I'm saving for it). Once I have taken my oath I will be launching a grass roots Constitutionalist campaign to run for state senate.

Wish me luck.

I think this is a noble thing to do. I fly off the handle too easily so I'm out for sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Star & Flag for you, I completely agree we here at ATS have everything needed to procure a new government, and a better society, one where those in power actually care about their countrymen and our countrymen actually care about others. Can we work on Canada's government too?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

allowing communities to voluntarily solve their own problems, allowing communities to peacefully secede and self-govern, relinquishing the state monopoly on money and banking, etc... then I like you right where you are: posting, not dictating.

Epic fail! In every community there has to be a leader, to speak for the people of the community.

Take an ATS leader to the top, and we might not need community leaders, who only add more to the beauacracy!

What we need, is to cut out the middle man crap, who only lines their pockets!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Power corrupts.

I want to see power dissolved, not power in the hands of the "right" people.

No offense to anyone here who thinks they'd make a great world leader, but if your approach is anything other than hands-off, allowing communities to voluntarily solve their own problems, allowing communities to peacefully secede and self-govern, relinquishing the state monopoly on money and banking, etc... then I like you right where you are: posting, not dictating.

No poster has the power to dictate, only to reach out to others of like mind. This is the very essence of a free society with a people-based Constitution.

Power is not something we want to deal with, after all, is it? It just is, and our current state of affairs sadly illustrates the "laissez-faire" approach of confident citizens.

It is currently being abused, and before that self-governing can begin, corrections must be made, evolved thinking implemented, and real citizens in office.

We cannot be adequately represented by people who do not accurately represent us alongside those whose special talents/careers lead them to legislative jobs.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Agreed, Blanca.

Weak leadership, undercutting good men with ethics, honor, and intelligence, has held power for too long.

It leads where it wants to go, and that is where we find ourselves today.

Most of us realize that, and want to use whatever means or strength or talents, or enthusiasm where they are needed, and where we are.

Corrupted power must be corrected rationally, and the Constitution provides for this, as Mr. Greene so clearly showed.

Only then can societies be built in a more esoteric and less-governed way.

Planting a garden is the hardest part of the harvest. There is work along the way, but once it is established, it need only be maintained to flourish, produce, and sustain itself.

Never forget, it is possible for many of us to be right, at the same time. Every piece of the puzzle is different, but each is necessary, and valuable, and contributes to the whole, adding completion, not chaos.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Epic fail! In every community there has to be a leader, to speak for the people of the community.

Take an ATS leader to the top, and we might not need community leaders, who only add more to the beauacracy!

What we need, is to cut out the middle man crap, who only lines their pockets!

Every community does need a leader, but human beings are not fit to govern extremely large groups of humans. Collections of independent communities is the only system that does not necessarily marginalize huge masses of people.

No thank you. Centralization is the problem, not the solution. It is logically impossible to exercise power over a population without oppressing any within that population who disagree with you.

And assuming this "ATS leader" is incorruptible, who replaces him when he's dead and gone? Who fills the power vaccuum?

When will we get over this desire to find the "right" candidate for absolute power over everybody? When are we going to realize that power itself is the problem, not the douche wielding it?

The "right" candidate either does not exist, or is God! Take your pick!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
No poster has the power to dictate, only to reach out to others of like mind. This is the very essence of a free society with a people-based Constitution.

Power is not something we want to deal with, after all, is it? It just is, and our current state of affairs sadly illustrates the "laissez-faire" approach of confident citizens.

It is currently being abused, and before that self-governing can begin, corrections must be made, evolved thinking implemented, and real citizens in office.

We cannot be adequately represented by people who do not accurately represent us alongside those whose special talents/careers lead them to legislative jobs.

And what about divisions within ATS? If this forum population ever were on the verge of actual political power, I would bet a kidney that the first thing you would see is factionalization. The existing divisions between us, which are cordial and intellectual, would become battlefields. Hate would ensue.

No, thank you. Dissolve the power. It needs to be spread out, not concentrated. Concentrated power is dangerous.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have to agree with Newlyawakened on this topic.

While we all crave a leader who will rule with wisdom, charity, logic, and compassion, such a person would be like finding King Solomon (pre-Bathsheba).

I know I for one would not be a good leader if given that much authority. Power corrupts eventually, and only the most rational and selfless among us could resist it for a long enough time to get some good accomplished.

However... if I were to gain such power and had the forethought to do it, being an American, I would shift the balance of power back to the states and let them each choose the best way for them to conduct the responsibilities they are in charge of.

For me, it's best I sit back, learn, weigh options/thought/opinions, post findings and such, and do what I can to help those around me when needed.

GBD

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Bloom where you are planted.

It can and should start at the local level and grow, country doesn't matter, Canada, Bulgaria, USA. Where ever you are all you need to do is get involved in your local government.

It has already started, you cannot tell me that at least one of these people is not a member of ATS. Please watch both vids.

www.lincolncountywatch.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I tend to agree, Red.

Newly Awakened, a key of good leadership is that individuals and their different roles and identities are recognized and represented.

No one wants an individual or "leader" but rather people who are more in touch with the more common things in life.

Power has been in the hands of a "class" of people for too long, and anyone that is a leader and respected in their community should be encouraged and supported to run and serve in the many different roles there are to play.

It takes a village, but not one run by people who don't even live there anymore.

Central control is not something I can even conceive of, much less support.

Rather than looking for someone to assume control, a more realistic approach is to get more involved ourselves, and not let the halls of power, local or otherwise, be closed off to us as they have become.

This can be reversed, with some confidence in our citizens, as opposed to soundbites and money being tossed around to introduce us to strangers who want our vote but have no concept of who we are, collectively or individually.

Politics, and gaining office has become its own closed system. Or so it seemed.

Again, my hat is off to Mr. Alvin Greene for proving that people are still here in America who believe that the citizens can and will produce leaders that are at least as capable as the ones in place now and in the past.

I do not refer to legislators who do make the most of their offices, but rather seek to support more like them.

Those people will not always be found in "political circles" and that's the best part.

Fresh blood is needed, to invigorate, not replace, our government and tired institutions.

The Baby Boomers are not all alike and yet they are in power simply by virtue of their age and position in society. Our turn is coming and we should face it realistically, and do the best we can.

That's all one can do, but it is a lot when we work together, realistically.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just a reminder to do some research and support valid, relevant local candidates. It has more to do with us than any other facet of government, and is our best and most available chance to DO something.

At least try!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well, Occupy is certainly running with this idea. I also have more respect up front for one of us than another one of them.

*Solidarity*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join