It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
reply to post by Schmidt1989

And if you did actual research on the subject you would realize that their is biblical evidence that suggests that it was a localized flood. Scientists have endorsed this concept. Only literalists who read one translation of the bible actually believe that the flood was global.

lmao, thank god he's a journalist and anthropologist major and writer. he'll be very useful to anyone but himself.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
reply to post by TravisT

"with God all things are possible" and so it would seem, so is the story of the ark...
And then all of the animals just hopped out the boat, and went back to their regular environments? I mean, if most Christians don't believe in evolution, then how did Polar Bears or reptiles survive for 10+ months, without dieing from their regular weather environment/conditions? It doesn't even make sense, especially if they never evolved.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Another thing to consider why flood stories are so prevalent in so many diverse societies is the fact much of early humanity centered around areas where WATER was. River basins, coast lines etc. Water was life, unfortunately those areas are also prone to major flooding, especially the coastlines as the glaciers melted off about 10k years ago ending the last ice age.

Very true. One of the things that makes me think that it may have been tens of thousands of years ago is that some mythologies in Europe contain stories of "trolls." I think it is possible that those are mutated descriptions of Cro Magnons meeting Neanderthals. And, of course this is speculative, that would send us back some 30-40k years ago. Well since that is a divergence from tales in other places that also have the global flood tale, it COULD mean that the "global flood" (of some local area) happened over 30-40k years ago. Or, it could be that as you say, it just happens that because we usually set up camp near water, it just happened that every culture got flooded out at least once.

With the discovery of the hobbit people, it also makes me wonder if they may have been the whole Leprechaun/Menehune origin. After all, we knew that stories of little secretive people were just myths, until we found skeletons of little people. Who knows, it is an interesting area yet to be investigated. Forensic Mythology.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

because you were around 70k years ago, and remember it like it was yesterday.

And like you were around 2k years riding dinosaurs with jesus? Or maybe you were around 6k years helping noah build his boat?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Ron Wyatt has claimed, among other things, to have discovered the following:
Do a little research on Wyatt.

Well, since you're the denier, why don't you tell us?

Tell you what? That he claimed to found all these things and never provided any proof?
if I told you that, would you believe me? That's why I said do a little research on him.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What you never heard from Wyatt was that on a hill adjacent to that site is another formation exactly the same and looking further along more like it. Noah's ark has been proven to be circular in shape anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
www.squidoo.com...

Heres some more of the history of the site going back to 1977 when Turkey decided it was the Ark. theres also pictures of the graves, anchors, house and walls.

The picture on that site of the ark being carried from the top of the mountain by a lava flow is hysterical. Like wood and pitch dont burn in LAVA. No instead LAVA preserved the ship.

LAVA is melted rock right?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
all I want to know is this. didnt anyone else in the whole world have a boat when the great flood supposedly happened? seems anyone with a decent boat could have survived this flood, not just Noah and his zoo. did noah supposedly build the first boat or what? ridiculous nonsense!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
hmm. double. sorry

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Totalstranger]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Protoplasmic Traveler calling earth, please come in earth…

Attention: When an entire planetary body is covered in water for an extended period of time killing every living thing but those afloat on one gigantic wooden vessel the first thing you do upon finding dry land is to disassemble the vessel to create shelters, carts, pens and corrals.

Because there is no other wood!

Considering the Bronze Age, would not lead to the iron age for thousands of years afterwards, it’s doubtful any petrified wood found with Iron nails would have been the arc.

In the case of most people being marooned on a wooden vessel in an isolated place without resources they strip the vessel in short order in that fashion for those things.

I love a good story as much as the next guy, which is why I will now add, once upon a time there was a man named Japhetto who dreamed of having a little boy but was old and had no wife, so he made a wooden doll that he fashioned into a puppet and named him Pinocchio, who wanted to be a little boy so bad…

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Also, what about insects? I know there are aquatic insects, but there are a lot that can't survive in water, and I think there are more insects then animals. So I guess Noah and his family, not only, gathered all of the animal species, but all of the insects.....times 2!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Flag for the story, star for you. Great find!!

Thank you for such a wonderful piece of historical information. Many always figured their technology was a lot further along than historians and scientists suggested. It's great to be proven correct.

Edited to add:

Here is an interesting take on the "after effect" of the flood.
www.biblemapsandresources.com...

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SheaWolf]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
National Geographic already did a special on this.
channel.nationalgeographic.com...-Videos/02241_00

Why didn't god just stop the flood instead of making Noah build a boat to save all of animals? He is supposedly all powerful right? He could have done it. He can't interfere? But he can interfere enough to tell Noah a flood is coming and how to build a boat...? He could have at least built the boat for Noah.

God must have caused the flood which killed everything and everyone that wasn't on the boat. Now why would he do that? That's not very nice, they must have been non-believers. That will show them!

You'd think god would have just told Noah to herd all the animals up, then walk up a hill. That solves that problem.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

Are you serious? Please learn something about the subject matter before you post something ignorant like this. You're the first one on this entire thread to bash God, and you don't even have any knowledge of the story that you are using as your example to blaspheme. So let me fill you in.

Of course God caused the flood. He wanted to destroy every human because they were doing horrible things. Humans were mating with angels and creating Nephilim, and God got pissed. So he wanted to destroy life on earth and start over, only there was a problem. Noah was a good man and didn't deserve to perish, so God spared him by helping him build an ark so that he could survive. And that's the story.

By the way, I don't even believe this story, but at least I learn what it says before I go and say ignorant things about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Damnit! I thought we had already found Noahs Ark!

I guess i need to delete all of my old evidence....again!!

Good bye Noas ark in the snow

Fare thee well Noahs ark that is conveniently located next to Noahs ark museum

And i suppose i should throw away that piece of wood from Noahs ark that i bought there....*sigh*

I Shall Miss You strange looking picture of noahs ark that looks like a labia...oh wait....thats the one we're talking about right now??

Oh well...We can say goodbye to that one next week when someone finds Noahs ark in the Congo.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

You would think they would be able to get a scientist out there to confirm this after say ...... 30 years !!!

If that really was the ark, or even a ship, .... the whole structure would be petrified wood wouldnt it ???

why only just a plank ?

The whole structure is pertified wood! =)

and they found more than just a plank... they found petrified animal dung, and did a radar scan of the site, which revealed the object has the shape of a ship with internal compartments.

Do you have any idea how long it takes for wood/animal dung to become petrified?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I laughed
thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here's a reproduction of the Ark of Noah based on the original find (producing partially petrified deciduous Oak wood) using it's measurements from the Bible:

777denny.wordpress.com...
seawayblog.blogspot.com...
www.genesisfiles.com...

it was noted and photographed by Soviet pilots toward the end of WWII -nearly 2/3rds intact at about 17,000' and another estimated 1/3 broken off and down the mountain at about 14,500'.

noahsarksearch.com...
www.stevequayle.com...

University Photolabs around the world got alot of LANSAT imagery revealing this set of objects was an anomaly (abnormality) not natural to the geology of the Mountain.

At such altitude it could not have been just a 'local' event (like the Black Sea flooding) but that being the best event recently verifiable and likely of great importance to the writing period -it is an endeared interpretation in Academic Scholarship.

[edit on 2010/3/3 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

If Noahs ark actually exists and we have photographs of it

can someone PLEASE tell me why nobody has gone up there to prove it exists?

Why are we left with aerial photographs with clarity that resembles watching TV across the room from behind a pane of stained glass?

If evidence must be faked, then there's a reason behind it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Since when is wiki a legit source??? College's do not accept it. It can be modified.
and it says, and i quote (on the right hand pic side):

"Durupınar, alleged landing site of Noah's Ark"

alleged.. ok... that is proof enough for me.

man... this has been around for years and balked at... and i am a christian

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

How does that relate at all to what i said? I was stating that not all who believe in the flood story subscribe to a global flood account based on scientific and biblical reasons. As far as noahs ark is concerned in regards to this article; it looks more like a natural formation to me, even if noah did build an ark the likelihood of it surviving thousands of years sounds like a stretch to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join