It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

WOW.. exactly.... the ark could have been anything... a testube, vault, cave, pyramid.... hole in the ground... yadda yadda.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LaMadameDuval

"Ovum and sperm" on the ARK??? WOW... That explains the Baghdad Batteries. TEST TUBES!!!!... that is a far stretch if i do say so myself.

Ok the ARK was a interstellar vessel with advanced knowledge from the colony on mars and the moon. I mean...c'mon...... let us keep the facts in line and with focus.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
If Noahs arc is true, then why do kangaroos still exist?

You think they wouldve been wiped out in a flood considering nobody had been here at that time

[edit on 3/3/2010 by OzWeatherman]

because my dear child, God did not punish those without sin and kangaroos are clean of sin. but aren't kangaroos animal like the ones that were on the arc? no, kangaroos are special flood proof creatures created by god, they have a pouch to carry all that they ever need in life. furthermore, the flood only affected the flat earth, polar bear and penguin were excluded from God's list of things to drown because they were in the part of earth that was round. then there's this question, a question for the ages: if the world was filled with fresh water, how did all the saltwater fish survive? well, lets just say god had connection with deep sea dweller, they were told to build a force field and collect two of each fishes to put in this shield.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

We can go up there but not land as the snowpack is not stable enough -even to withstand
the 'wop-wop' of the rotors of a UH helicopter(!), snow-slides were seen constantly,

it is visible from time to time as melting and weather permit glimpses, but it plays
'hide & seek' or 'peek-a-boo' with tourists just about every year!

I was at CSU when the LANSAT printouts for the 3D Analyzer came in to us, and I wonder why it was quickly withdrawn and so much mis-info started, now there's this 'boat shape' thing being proposed!

I think it must've been tensions with the Russian base nearby, but now?
Seems only multiple distractions are the agenda being put forth anymore!

[edit on 2010/3/4 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
I find it strange how most Christians don't believe in evolution, but believe that a guy and his family, built a boat to house EVERY living creature on this Earth, with enough food and supplies, for about 10+ months.

Its not only Christians who believe this, both the Jews and Muslims believe the exact same account. Besides them, there are almost identical flood mythos in every ancient religion.

Do you know how many animals live in the rain forest, let alone, all over the world, when a boat, held all of those animals with supplies, and nothing even happened to them?

The ark of the Biblical account is almost the same size as a modern day aircraft carrier, and to this day we still use the exact same ratio of dimensions when we build modern ships. Also, as has been stated by not only myself, but other posters as well, it might not have been a world wide event, but rather a local event covering the “Known World”. There is nothing that says that even if it were a world wide event, that God did not make similar plans with other people in other locations, hence the fact that we have multiple similar flood mythos.

And then all of the animals just hopped out the boat, and went back to their regular environments?

Actually, after Noah is when we have our first appearance of domesticated animals.

Also, what about insects? I know there are aquatic insects, but there are a lot that can't survive in water, and I think there are more insects then animals. So I guess Noah and his family, not only, gathered all of the animal species, but all of the insects.....times 2!

I am just curious if you think that God is an imbecile that can cause a disaster of such proportions, but cannot figure out how to take the provisions to ensure that he retains what life he wishes to continue on after the event? Its pretty simple really, if God wanted it to survive, it would have survived, whether it was on the boat or not.

Too bad God let the mosquitoes live though.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just looks like a normal rock surfice to me

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
interesting find.... i'll give the flag but withhold the star...

it would take a BS amount of water to flood the world like that.... i would believe this is a billion year old boat but not Noah's Ark... I've got that ship under a tarpoline on my trailor...

6,300 ft above see level.... that is a BS amount of water to reach that far up. where did it all go? the moon?

I'd bet Noah did exist really.... and thus IS his ark.... but it no doubt stayed where he made it because he was just trippin ball's when god told him to build it...

[edit on 4/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I doubt it was a localized flood, if an ark was built. I mean c'mon.. how long would it take to make it? Quite awhile, I'd think.

But I think there probably was an ark, and this is probably it, but the facts are horribly muddled and confused. While I suppose it is possible two of every type of animal could have fit on the thing, if it indeed had 6 or more levels, how in the world would they have all gotten there? There was no Pangaea at this time. How would have landborn critters gotten to where Noah was nailing this thing together? I suppose if you are of religious mind, you may say "God made it so," but this seems flimsy and strange. In fact, the entire God was Wicked in the old testament, to God is Wonderful, in the New, makes it pretty clear something is amiss in the Bible. I doubt God, an omnipotent being, would have like, a change of heart.

But that doesn't mean the Arc was not created, nor served a purpose. In other words, I don't think it should be summarily dismissed simply because you may not perhaps be a Christian. Mayhap any story of note was recorded and placed into the same libram that we now consider the Bible. There may be truth to this, even if it's not in reality, remotely Christian in nature.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Lol, This is rediculous, Its natural occuring rock formation , I ship wouldnt leave its mark for that long due to moving plates and stuff.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

I am pleased you brought this up...
...I looked into it quite extensively back in the eighties.

The Turkish government certainly believes this formation is Noah's Ark...
...they have named the area the Noah's Ark National Park.

There are also a number of anchor stones scattered along a course the ship would have taken before coming to rest in the current location...
...these were used as stabilizers in some ancient ships.
See: anchorstone.com...

There is the ruins of an adjacent village with graves indicating quite tall people...
...and symbols etched in stone indentifying the eight who survived.

The mound itself has been examined with ground penetrating radar...
...and shows a compartmentalized pattern of walls and rooms...
...and places where intermittent beams of petrified wood material are visible...
...and areas of high metal concentrates indicating brackets and fastenings...
...and sheets of petrified deck material scattered over the landscape.

There are also some interesting numerical relationships between the Ark's location and the Great Pyramids...
...indicating that the builders knew where it was and had some relationship with the Ark.

But in the end it comes down to paradigms and world-view...
...I think the evidence is there but people will be blindsided by their own belief systems...
...it is the human condition to do so.

[edit on 4/3/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
How do you know thats Noah's arc and not Gilgamesh's, after all, his tale was told nearly a thousand years before Noah and they are exactly the same....

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
How do you know thats Noah's arc and not Gilgamesh's, after all, his tale was told nearly a thousand years before Noah and they are exactly the same....

I think it is the same history told by different authors.

The Gilgamesh story was told about the time of Noah but about 1000 years before Moses.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I have never heard of this, I visited Turkey 2 years ago, and I also lived in Armenia for some time but I don’t know any Turkish or Armenian scientist that ever claimed that there is proof of this.

And if anyone is interested to see Ararat from the Armenian side check out this link, it is realtime video of Ararat
www.arminco.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You think they wouldve been wiped out in a flood considering nobody had been here at that time

Don't you see? All of the animals, including all 300+ species of marsupials, were conveniently living in Noah's neighborhood. Yet when the flood subsided, 60% of them had had enough and decided to walk/swim/walk/swim etc. from Turkey to Australia.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A small, but interesting quote from a related Wikipedia article ...

Doubts and changing views During the 1990s, Fasold was caught between three opposing camps that derided his interest in the site. On one side were orthodox creationists who believed the ark could only lay on Mt. Ararat; the second camp included Wyatt and others who continued their research and reported significant discoveries; the third camp included skeptical geologists and biblical minimalists who called the site a hoax.[11] After a few scientific expeditions to the Durupınar site that included drillings and excavation in the 1990s, Fasold began to have doubts that the Durupınar formation was Noah's ark. He visited the site with geologist Ian Plimer in September 1994, and in a subsequent interview noted his change of mind saying "I believe this may be the oldest running hoax in history. I think we have found what the ancients said was the Ark, but this structure is not Noah's Ark."[12] At other times he claimed that the site was only what the ancients believed was Ziusudra's 'ark of reeds'.[13] In 1996 Fasold coauthored a paper with geologist Lorence Collins entitled "Bogus 'Noah's Ark' from Turkey Exposed as a Common Geologic Structure" that concluded the boat-shaped formation was a curious upswelling of mud that happened to look like a boat.[14] In April 1997 during his testimony in an Australian court case Fasold repudiated his belief in the Ark, and stated that he regarded the claim as "absolute BS".[15][16][17] Creationist Ark researchers such as Don Patten, David Allen Deal[7] and Australian friend and biographer June Dawes reported that before his 1998 death Fasold again claimed the Durupınar site to be the location of the ark. Dawes wrote: He [Fasold] kept repeating that no matter what the experts said, there was too much going for the [Durupınar] site for it to be dismissed. He remained convinced it was the fossilized remains of Noah's Ark.[18] [edit]Jabal al-Lawz

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monsieur Neary

Don't you see? All of the animals, including all 300+ species of marsupials, were conveniently living in Noah's neighborhood. Yet when the flood subsided, 60% of them had had enough and decided to walk/swim/walk/swim etc. from Turkey to Australia.

I play with timelines as a hobby and it never ceases to amaze me how nieve people are about linear timelines.

If the flood occurred it was approximately 6000 years ago...
...plenty of time for the natural redistribution of animals...
...and micro-evolutionary variation to occur.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula
Yep I agree the flood stories are very widespread. My local town was flooded under 5-10 feet and was devastating even though we live in the modern era. Now imagine this happened 5k years ago. The tale of this flood would pass down generation to generation with a little added to it with subsequent tellings until it became almost myth like.

That is a fine idea, but there are other commonalities between flood mythos besides the actual floods themselves. Normally, there is a single family that is spared by God due to their righteousness. Normally they build a boat and take a bunch of animals along with them, etc..
We certainly do not hear of such stories in other floods.

Originally posted by watcher73
The picture on that site of the ark being carried from the top of the mountain by a lava flow is hysterical. Like wood and pitch dont burn in LAVA. No instead LAVA preserved the ship.

LAVA is melted rock right?

I cannot speak for this theory, but other wood structures have survived being overrun with lava:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa78586ce95a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba46d8193e2b.jpg[/atsimg]
As a matter of fact, the USSR and China have used Oak planking as the heat shield material on their space capsules:

Materials used for ablative shields include, for example carbon phenolic, polydimethylsiloxane composite with silica filler and carbon fibers, or as in of some Chinese FSW reentry vehicles, oak wood.

Originally posted by Snarf
Good bye Noas ark in the snow

The idea that it was up on top of the mountain seems to disagree with many of the early historians writings of it being accessible to man in their times:
Again…
Flavious Josephus:

However, the Armenians call this place , the Place of Descent; for the ark being saved in that place, its remains are showed there by the inhabitants to this day.

Hieronymus the Egyptian:

It is said, there is still some part of this ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyaeans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen, which they take away, and use chiefly as amulets, for the averting of mischiefs."

Nicholas of Damascus:

"There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported, that many who fled at the time of the deluge were saved; and that one who was carried in an ark, came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. This might be the man about whom Moses the legislator of the Jews wrote."

Theophilus of Antioch:

And of the ark, the remains are to this day to be seen in the Arabian mountains."

Epiphanius of Salamis:

"Do you seriously suppose that we are unable to prove our point, when even to this day the remains of Noah's Ark are shown in the country of the Kurds?"

Now does that sound like a little spec on top of mount Ararat that we can now only see via aircraft and satellite imaging?

Originally posted by Snarf
Fare thee well Noahs ark that is conveniently located next to Noahs ark museum

That is the same site, and the Turkish government built that museum after its discovery and testing was run on it.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This story has been around for a long time in the US its always "some WWLL pilot spotted it". All great civilations that ever roamed this rock have a Flood Story complete with a Noah figure.
A couple things to note about the story involve the location and the boat itself. This area of the world is very prone to earthquakes so I doubt the landscape looks anything like it did in Noahs day. Secondly, from the measurments this ark would have looked like a giant canoe. It seems to me that it would not have been very stable at the stated width. I guess the guy that gave Noah the plans knew what he was doing.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Ahhh, so Noahs Ark's final resting ground is in a place that human beings cannot go to verify?

How convenient.

We can fly to the moon
we can dive miles into the ocean

but we can't seem to get to the top of a mountain.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by Monsieur Neary

I play with timelines as a hobby and it never ceases to amaze me how nieve people are about linear timelines.

If the flood occurred it was approximately 6000 years ago...
...plenty of time for the natural redistribution of animals...
...and micro-evolutionary variation to occur.

And it never ceases to amaze me how naive people are about the fossil record....but that's another topic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join